PDA

View Full Version : Let Ben Loose!!!

SoCalFan
10-02-2009, 11:08 PM
With the running game struggling and the quality recievers we have,especially Heath Miller,why dont we try passing more to set up the run?I know its "not the Steelers way",who cares?Go with what works at that time.Last week,I like im sure many others,was sitting in a sportsbar:tt:,calling every darn play we ran."First down,run for no gain",what do you know,they run for no gain!How about a play action on first down.Hes capable of putting up Peyton Manning type numbers!I guarantee that will soften up defenses for the run!

Davison_K
10-02-2009, 11:38 PM
I kind of agree. I think we are set in the same basic play calling and we need to switch it up. We need to start throwing the ball more on first down. I am not saying for Ben to put up Manning numbers. I am just saying that some more aggressive play calling, especially later in the game, would go a long way for the Steelers' offense.

SteelC7
10-03-2009, 01:38 AM
i watched peyton manning last sunday nite, and his offense runs like a machine, lately ben hasnt exactly been his "big ben" self hes been somethin less than that, so i hope we get our offense on track, cuz if we dont win with offense, im tempted to say we wont win cuz of defense

jasonhightower
10-03-2009, 01:47 AM
Unfortunately I haven't been able to see the second half of the last two losses... but in the first quarter or so that I have seen Ben's been lights out... I don't know what's happening but something needs to change and I'm not sure its Ben.

fansince'76
10-03-2009, 06:39 AM
i watched peyton manning last sunday nite, and his offense runs like a machine, lately ben hasnt exactly been his "big ben" self hes been somethin less than that....

Huh? He's currently leading the league in completion percentage (71.6%) and is 5th in passing yards. It doesn't help when he has receivers that drop TDs in the end zone (How many did Manning's WRs drop? Exactly.) and step out of bounds when we have a running game that has a hard time picking up yardage and finishing in the red zone. The problem isn't Ben.

Galax Steeler
10-03-2009, 06:45 AM
, lately ben hasnt exactly been his "big ben" self

Which Ben have you been a watching. Ben has been playing well hitting his recievers and making plays for us as fansince said Ben is atop the leader board.:noidea:

stillers4me
10-03-2009, 06:48 AM
Huh? He's currently leading the league in completion percentage (71.6%) and is 5th in passing yards. It doesn't help when he has receivers that drop TDs in the end zone (How many did Manning's WRs drop? Exactly.) and step out of bounds when we have a running game that has a hard time picking up yardage and finishing in the red zone. The problem isn't Ben.

Bingo! Ben is the one guy on this team that has actually been trying to win games.

solardave
10-03-2009, 07:23 AM
I would like to see us come out in the no-huddle and light up SD early. Ben thrives in the hurry up. They need the mindset that the game is on the line with little time to get it done. The defense needs to stop these guys in the 4th quarter but it wouldn't hurt to be up by 2 TDs. I personally think Ben calls better plays in the no-huddle than BA does in the regular set.

TackleMeBen
10-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Bingo!!! that is the problem, not ben. maybe if the recievers catch those balls we wouldnt be 1-2. maybe ben and those recievers need to put in some extra time after practice if they want to win...instead of going hollywood.:thumbsup:

fansince'76
10-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Bingo!!! that is the problem, not ben. maybe if the recievers catch those balls we wouldnt be 1-2. maybe ben and those recievers need to put in some extra time after practice if they want to win...instead of going hollywood.:thumbsup:

He can't catch the passes for the WRs too. Maybe the WRs (yeah, YOU, Santo and Sweed) need to hit the Jugs machine after practice. And if by "going Hollywood" you mean Ben's upcoming appearance on WWE, his WRs aren't going with him, his O-linemen are.

TackleMeBen
10-03-2009, 08:12 AM
He can't catch the passes for the WRs too. Maybe the WRs (yeah, YOU, Santo and Sweed) need to hit the Jugs machine after practice. And if by "going Hollywood" you mean Ben's upcoming appearance on WWE, his WRs aren't going with him, his O-linemen are.
i mean the team in general going hollywood, troy with his commericals, ben and his next career move(although its better than the hood ornament career he has already tried..lol).

what you mean super ben cant be qb and wr???:wink02:i am just messing with you gary,:hug: i agree the WRs need some more practice on something catching those balls.

so does that mean that ben likes his O-line better than his recievers? i am surprised the media hasnt gotten a hold of that and make it some huge issue... headline: Ben disses Wide Recievers, and Takes OLineman with him to Raw..:chuckle:

Steelers & I
10-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Turn him loose, that seems to be what's working best for everyone involved, EXCEPT a few WR's. Hell the O-line, as opposed to seasons past, are doing a tremendous job in pass protecting. The Wr's are getting open, Ben's putting the ball on the money like what, 70% of the time? They can't be stopped between the 20's, they just need to figure out how to walk away with touchdowns rather than field goals.

steel striker
10-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Ben has been playing well and, if you can't see that well you need help. The last two games would have been wins if our wr caught those passes in the endzone. Like Gary said Ben can't throw it and catch those passes. Plus Ben can't play on the defense side as well. We were in position two last two games and, simply we did not put those games away. Hopefully tomorrow night we finish the game.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-03-2009, 10:14 AM
We are two dropped touchdown passes from being 3-0 instead of 1-2.

Our receivers need to hold onto the balls that hit them in the damn hands, especially when they are touchdowns.

SteelerEmpire
10-03-2009, 10:14 AM
I guess I'm not the only one that noticed the passing game opened up the run last week. The Offense, and Defense, did very well in the first quarter..... but as each quarter passed, we got less aggressive on both sides of the ball.... that's essential because as the opposition is losing, they will begin to play more aggressive to catch up. So if we don't become more aggressive, TO OFFSET THEIR AGGRESSIVENESS, they will out-play us.... as was the result in the last 4 games.... including the SB.....

Psyychoward86
10-03-2009, 10:42 AM
I think the 70% or so completion percentage from Ben is a bit deceiving. He seems to complete a substantially lower number of passes once the game goes on. Well, at least against the Bears/Bengals it seemed that way, i might be wrong

fansince'76
10-03-2009, 11:12 AM
I think the 70% or so completion percentage from Ben is a bit deceiving. He seems to complete a substantially lower number of passes once the game goes on. Well, at least against the Bears/Bengals it seemed that way, i might be wrong

Once again, Ben is not the problem. His receivers need to start holding on to passes that hit them in the hands, because far too many of them are hitting the ground.

Steelerfreak58
10-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Once again, Ben is not the problem. His recivers need to start holding on to passes that hit them in the hands, because far too many of them are hitting the ground.

Some times for the Special Education kids you have to repeat yourself multiple times for them to understand something. Continue my good sir continue.

Shoes
10-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Once again, Ben is not the problem. His recivers need to start holding on to passes that hit them in the hands, because far too many of them are hitting the ground.

Agreed, I think Ben has been playing very well. He's also leading the team in rushing TD's . This will be the week where the O & D come out firing on all pistons!

Neil-Still-Rules-14
10-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Bingo! Ben is the one guy on this team that has actually been trying to win games.

I pointed this out before and was immediately accused of 'jumping off the bandwagon.'

Steeldude
10-03-2009, 12:15 PM
the only part of the passing game that BR has struggled really badly is the long passes.

other than that he has been doing very well so far.

SoCalFan
10-03-2009, 12:34 PM
I still dont think the tight ends are used enough!

Steeldude
10-03-2009, 12:38 PM

some random stats for BR...

completion % 1st qtr: 80.0% (20/25)
completion % 4th qtr: 79.3% (23/29)

QB rating 1st half :93.7
QB rating 2nd half: 82.6
QB rating 4th qtr: 96.8

%Pass Comp, Close Games: 72.9% (#1 in the NFL)

%1st Down/Pass Att, 3rd & 8+: 54.5% (#2 in the NFL)

Steeldude
10-04-2009, 02:13 PM
it would be nice to see some no-huddle offense again

SoCalFan
10-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Did I call it or what!Nice!!!!!Passing on first down!