PDA

View Full Version : Redman told to "get ready " for this week Vs. Chargers

SteelerEmpire
10-03-2009, 11:50 AM
This is a quote off of CBS Sports, 10/2/09: Steelers RB Isaac Redman may be activated from the practice squad this week. "The coaches told me to just be ready. They told me to make sure I know the offense and the game plan for the week."

Coool...... :thumbsup:

Sharkissle29
10-03-2009, 12:00 PM
they better be running mendenhall, thats all i have to say

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-03-2009, 12:46 PM
As reported in the Trib this morning:

Rookie free agent Isaac Redman took some first-team reps on goal-line drills and could be activated from the practice squad if Parker doesn't play against the Chargers. "Just trying to stay prepared,'' Redman said. "I work hard every day in practice so when I do get a chance it comes natural.''

Redman was a goal-line sensation during training camp so his release came as a surprise to some. Since being signed to the practice squad, he hasn't been activated for a game. But that could change because of Parker's status. Rashard Mendenhall took first-team reps in practice all week and Mewelde Moore will also get some carries along with being the third-down back. "They said it's a possibility,'' Redman said about being activated for Sunday's game. "I really have no clue what's going on. They gave me a couple of reps and told me to be ready.''

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_646238.html

KeiselPower99
10-03-2009, 12:52 PM
To have the extra body I understand but they drafted Mendehhall to be a "power" back this is time to do it or it will continue to look like he is a bust.

markymarc
10-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Rashard Mendenhall, Mewelde Moore and Carey Davis will be doing our RB work tomorrow. Redman will only see time if 1 of those 3 go down.

MarsRover
10-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Rashard Mendenhall, Mewelde Moore and Carey Davis will be doing our RB work tomorrow. Redman will only see time if 1 of those 3 go down.

Says who ?

MarsRover
10-03-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm not saying to start the guy or anything, but I think it would be pretty darn silly to not let him see some reps in a real game time situation, especially if they plan to just re-cut him when Parker comes back.

Can he show that fire he had in preseason, despite what the coaches may or may not have seen in practice? Why not find out? Why give another team a chance to pick him up without even finding out what we may have?

It's not like it would be some huge risk to have the guy taking some snaps. Its not like he has fumbalitis or anything. Basically, if 1. he isn't a liability, and 2. he may actually be pretty darn good and 3. we can find out very easily......then it would be silly to not let guy play so Mendie, Moore, and Davis can handle the snaps...guys that we have locked up already.

pancake
10-03-2009, 03:04 PM
You guys are going to get lakelander all excited... :laughing:

Rek
10-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Redman will get one or two carries at moment. It's going to be Mendy / Moore combo.

jaygorius
10-03-2009, 03:51 PM
I have really wanted Mendy to succeed and have been dying for him to get more carries, but quite honestly at this point I don't care who it is that steps up- whether it be Parker, Mendy, Moore or Redman. We just need SOMEBODY to step up and start getting this running game going.

Aussie_steeler
10-03-2009, 03:58 PM
So who is going to get released from the current squad to allow Redman to be activated???

I cant wait for the replies to that question in this current climate.

Looks like Nick Eason is gone

http://pit.scout.com/2/905469.html

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-03-2009, 04:35 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09276/1002889-100.stm

Redman returns, Parker out against San Diego
Saturday, October 03, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Rookie running back Isaac "Redzone" Redman has been added to the Steelers 53-man roster and likely will suit up for tomorrow's game against San Diego.

The Steelers today determined that Willie Parker will not be able to play Sunday because of turf toe and that let them with only three healthy backs -- Rashard Mendenhall, Mewelde Moore and Carey Davis, who was re-signed Tuesday to play fullback. Mendenhall will start at halfback against the Chargers.

Redman, an undrafted rookie from Bowie State, reached legendary status in the preseason when time after time he scored in goalline situations both in games and in live practices, thus picking up his nickname.

Nevertheless, the Steelers released him on the final cut.

To make room for Redman, the Steelers released veteran defensive end Nick Eason, although they are required to pay his full salary for the 2009 season.

Redman is 6-feet, 230 and led the Steelers with 145 yards rushing in the preseason on 37 carries and also with three rushing touchdowns. He will wear No. 33.

The Lakelander
10-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Steelers | Redman signed to active roster
Comment (0)
Sat, 03 Oct 2009 12:58:44 -0700

Steelers.com reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have signed practice squad RB Isaac Redman to their active roster. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

SteelCityMan786
10-03-2009, 04:43 PM
LETS GO REDZONE!!!!!

AllD
10-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Chance of a lifetime.

revefsreleets
10-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Oh My God! Redman!?!?!?!?

We will score 100 points now!

Please.

Glad the kid is getting a shake, but Mendy should be the goal line back...

Neil-Still-Rules-14
10-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Give Redman the ball the first time they get into scoring position. Just to see what happens.

hindes204
10-03-2009, 10:04 PM
glad to see the kids getting a shot

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
10-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Would be nice to see what he can do against NFL starters for once. If he gets some touches we will find out one way or another if he might just have what it takes.

Psyychoward86
10-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Give Redman the ball the first time they get into scoring position. Just to see what happens.

Naw, get the ball to Sweed on a short post route, just to see what happens :flap:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
10-03-2009, 10:38 PM
I actually wouldn't be opposed to using Sweed as a Javon Walker/Randy Moss style "jumpball" guy in the endzone.

The Lakelander
10-03-2009, 10:59 PM
I actually wouldn't be opposed to using Sweed as a Javon Walker/Randy Moss style "jumpball" guy in the endzone.

Sweed is being "Javon Walker'd" this weekend. :laughing:

SteelerEmpire
10-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Naw, get the ball to Sweed on a short post route, just to see what happens :flap:

Maybe we should keep Sweed as a short yardage receiver.... he seems pretty good at short, quick routes.... the long bombs are still experimental with him....