PDA

View Full Version : Hotel

seareman
10-04-2009, 03:03 PM
My son and I are traveling from Utah to the Oct 25th game against the Vikings. I've been looking at hotels for a couple weeks and was wondering what the best area to stay in is? I've looked and there is obviously nothing available downtown so I need help as to what area to stay in PLEASE! We will most likely be taking a taxi to the stadium... Thanks!

nojobny
10-04-2009, 03:56 PM
A friend of mine told my you could get really good deals at the William Penn on Priceline. That's downtown so you could walk to the game.

I usually fly in for 1:00 games but when I stay overnight I stay near the airport (there are a lot of hotels near the Robinson Town Centre shopping area) and rent a car from Priceline. If you do 'Name your own price' you can usually get one for about $25 for the day -incld tax.

SCSTILLER
10-04-2009, 06:44 PM
I know I got a pretty good deal at the Hilton downtown. Right across the bridge from the stadium and within walking distance to alot of dahntahn.

SteelCityMan786
10-04-2009, 07:26 PM
There is a Marriot across from PNC Park(Just down the road from Heinz Field)
Omni William Penn downtown.
There is a Radisson in Monroeville
Holiday Inn on the Parkway East.

Just some ideas.

seareman
10-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the replies, I've tried all of these hotels plus more near the stadium and they're ALL BOOKED! I booked a hotel by the airport but I'm going to still try and get something closer. Thanks again.

Preacher
10-05-2009, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the replies, I've tried all of these hotels plus more near the stadium and they're ALL BOOKED! I booked a hotel by the airport but I'm going to still try and get something closer. Thanks again.

Try http://www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=EPEMHXResconfEN&ctyhocn=PITMKHX

Its about 3 miles away from the game... but not downtown, so its a much better price.

Pittsky
10-05-2009, 12:55 AM
im staying at the Westin Convention Center downtown for the browns game coming up...it looks perrrty online, anyone been there or have anything good/bad to say about it? there's a pic on their website of the rooms and some of them are overlooking heinz field...i almost creamed in my pants when i saw that...i called and asked about getting it but i think they're all suites, i just got a reg room

X-Terminator
10-05-2009, 01:43 AM
im staying at the Westin Convention Center downtown for the browns game coming up...it looks perrrty online, anyone been there or have anything good/bad to say about it? there's a pic on their website of the rooms and some of them are overlooking heinz field...i almost creamed in my pants when i saw that...i called and asked about getting it but i think they're all suites, i just got a reg room

It sits behind the convention center, which is about 3/4 of a mile from the stadium. You'll have to be on an upper floor if you want to see anything other than the roof of the convention center or maybe PNC Park. The rooms are nice, though.

Pittsky
10-05-2009, 01:51 AM
It sits behind the convention center, which is about 3/4 of a mile from the stadium. You'll have to be on an upper floor if you want to see anything other than the roof of the convention center or maybe PNC Park. The rooms are nice, though.

good deal, it looks nice but you never know...im glad im walking distance from everything...that and the fact my cousin is picking up from the airport saves me money from renting a car...:thumbsup:

Steelerstrength
10-07-2009, 03:32 PM

Stayed at the Westin twice. The fish restaurant downstairs is excellent! It's a fairly good walk to the game.

For about the same price I've stayed at the Renaissance Hotel, just across the 6th St. Bridge. It's an easy walk to the game, has a nice breakfast buffet, and free pass to the health club next door. We had a great view of the river and the rooms were huge!

Pittsky
10-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Don't touch the 2 dollar a bottle water in your room. I thought it was nice for what I paid, but would have been disappointed had I paid the regular rate. We got a non refundable deal early in the year for 152 a night. Regular is some where near 270. You can easily walk to the strip for a little bargain shopping, the hotel shuttle will take you to Station SQ. You'll have to get a cab to SouthSide Works, worth the trip at about 10 bucks each way.(I recommend the Classy Cab, by far the nicest, cleanest cabs in the city) About a 20-30 minute walk to the stadium. There is a CVS and 7-11 for anything you need about 4-5 blocks down Liberty towards the stadium. And yes all the rooms with a view of the stadiums are suites. We had a view of the strip district.

were payin 49/night. my girlfriend's mother works for starwood hotels, which owns Westin. SCORE! :thumbsup: whats in southside works?

thanks for the area layout, its been prolly 6+ years since visiting the burgh last, unfortunately saying goodbye to my grandma =[ the big C.

Pittsky
10-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Stayed at the Westin twice. The fish restaurant downstairs is excellent! It's a fairly good walk to the game.

For about the same price I've stayed at the Renaissance Hotel, just across the 6th St. Bridge. It's an easy walk to the game, has a nice breakfast buffet, and free pass to the health club next door. We had a great view of the river and the rooms were huge!

isn't there a ferry that'll take you to heinz field @ station square ?

X-Terminator
10-08-2009, 12:56 AM
Hey that's a great price!!

Southside Works has some restaurants and bars, movie theater. Gotta go visit the HofBrau (real German Beer House) Even if your not a big drinker is is a great people watching site.

Yes there is a ferry from Station Square to the game.

There is also a water taxi that leaves the Strip and I believe stops at the convention center before heading over to the stadium. That would be more convenient than walking or heading over to Station Square to take the boat over.

Steelerstrength
10-08-2009, 01:34 AM
isn't there a ferry that'll take you to heinz field @ station square ?

The Renaissance Hotel is not at Station Square, that would be across the river from a different direction. The 6th Street bridge, which is also next to PNC Park, is a short walk to Heinz Field. Mentioned because of convenience in proximity to the game.

You'll have a great time no matter what! The Westin is awesome! :tt03:

ARKIESTEEL
10-08-2009, 09:19 AM
The team stays at the Hilton and there are always a bunch of fans there watching the walk in