PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and Gentlemen...

Mr. Goosemahn
10-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Rashard Mendenhall has arrived!

He's running with power, shiftiness, and making great plays.

Hope this goes on through many games to come.

BehindSteelCurtain
10-04-2009, 09:00 PM
I wonder if Lake Lander thinks he has "it"?

revefsreleets
10-05-2009, 07:49 AM
UFN still thinks Moore is the best back on the team...bank on it.

stlrtruck
10-05-2009, 08:14 AM
I was impressed with Mendie's running last night but it was just one game. I was more impressed with the offensive line opening up the holes and pushing people backwards all night.

It's going to take more than just one game against an average run stop defense to get my nod for him over Willie, but if he continues to run like that, then I can definitely see Parker not getting an extension (and that kind of sucks because I have his jersey)!

solardave
10-05-2009, 08:28 AM
I was impressed with Mendie's running last night but it was just one game. I was more impressed with the offensive line opening up the holes and pushing people backwards all night.

It's going to take more than just one game against an average run stop defense to get my nod for him over Willie, but if he continues to run like that, then I can definitely see Parker not getting an extension (and that kind of sucks because I have his jersey)!

I agree about it being just one game but if he continues to run like he did last night I'm getting me a Mendenhall jersey. Hell, at one time I had a Stewart jersey. What was I thinking?

steelpride12
10-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Remember if it wasn't for the offensive line being as productive as they were Mendy wouldn't have look so great, but yes he is starting to look like the #1 pick we drafted two seasons ago.

Godfather
10-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Wait, I thought Tomlin sucked and his drafts were a disaster!

Now we just need to get Troy back so the defense can protect a lead. Then we can use our next 28-0 lead to throw the ball to Limas and rebuild his confidence.

The_WARDen
10-05-2009, 09:26 AM
UFN still thinks Moore is the best back on the team...bank on it.

Well, he did throw for a score and catch a TD.

:chuckle:

markymarc
10-05-2009, 10:47 AM
See what happens when you can get more than a few carries a game. Rashard showed the world last night how talented he is. Major kudos to Mendenhall for showing up big time against the Chargers.

SteelCityMom
10-05-2009, 11:41 AM
I too was impressed with Mendy last night. I'm glad Tomlin took a firm approach with him by not letting him play against the Bengals. If he wasn't practicing well, then he needed to learn a lesson. It would appear that he has learned it.

I almost feel bad about saying this, because I do love and respect Parker as a Steeler...but I think his time here is done. I just don't think he can get the kind of productivity that we would need from a 1st back anymore. I'm of course going to wait out the rest of the season and see how mendy and moore (and maybe a little bit of Redman) work out...but I see them being more of the future of the running game. Parker and LT seem to be suffering the same kind of RB fates right now...mediocre numbers and bumps and bruises turning into missing 2-4 weeks of play time. We'll see down the line though, I just won't be too surprised if we do not offer him a new contract next season.

ohiosteel
10-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Does anybody have a thought on why that Oline does not block like that for Parker? Perhaps they want him gone? Yes it's crazy, but that was a waaaay different Oline last night.

stlrtruck
10-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Does anybody have a thought on why that Oline does not block like that for Parker? Perhaps they want him gone? Yes it's crazy, but that was a waaaay different Oline last night.

Do you think maybe (and I'm just playing devil's advocate here) Willie doesn't hit the holes the way Mendenhall did last night? I've seen FWP dance in the backfield or timidly hit the hole until it closed up.

I will say that last night the O-line seemed to play a little more aggressively in pushing defenders backwards.

The_WARDen
10-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Do you think maybe (and I'm just playing devil's advocate here) Willie doesn't hit the holes the way Mendenhall did last night? I've seen FWP dance in the backfield or timidly hit the hole until it closed up.

I will say that last night the O-line seemed to play a little more aggressively in pushing defenders backwards.

Yeah, Mendenhall was messing around. He was hitting holes and making his own holes.

AllD
10-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Maybe it comes down to being committed to one RB and not playing around. It gives the team a clear vision of what tactics they need for a particular style. Maybe the team feels there is more upside with Mendy too, especially after that performance.

stlrtruck
10-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Maybe it comes down to being committed to one RB and not playing around. It gives the team a clear vision of what tactics they need for a particular style. Maybe the team feels there is more upside with Mendy too, especially after that performance.

I don't know, look around the league there are plenty of teams that have successful rotating backfields. However, with that being said one is usually more prominent than the other. Regardless both have to have an open professional mind about sharing the load for the success of the TEAM and not themselves.