zsheik22
10-04-2009, 10:12 PM
that football is 4 quarters

T.Richardson
10-04-2009, 10:20 PM
yep. a dollar!

Edman
10-04-2009, 10:34 PM
OP, you're not allowed to criticize the defense for nearly blowing over a 28 point lead in the 4th quarter, or else you're a crybaby.

fansince'76
10-04-2009, 10:35 PM
OP, you're not allowed to criticize the defense for nearly blowing over a 28 point lead, or else you're a crybaby.

WAAAHHHH! WE SUCK! WAAAHHHH! :crying01:

Steelers Since '75
10-04-2009, 10:56 PM
pretty ugly tonight... well uglier than usual... 28-0 to 38-28... D and ST holds up just enough

steelpride12
10-04-2009, 11:04 PM
We won. Tomlin will address the problems this week and we will be fine!

Fire Haley
10-04-2009, 11:14 PM
No lead is safe with this defense.

Mags87
10-05-2009, 02:01 AM
OP, you're not allowed to criticize the defense for nearly blowing over a 28 point lead in the 4th quarter, or else you're a crybaby.

man you gotta let this go. this post right here contributes nothing to the conversation. i agree with ya that something isnt right with the way that they look like a different defense in the 4th this year but stop whining about how someone took one post in a different thread.

Preacher
10-05-2009, 02:07 AM

No. Criticism is fine. I hope someday you'll understand what criticism actually is, and then be able to criticize.

stlrtruck
10-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Looking at the last 10 minutes of the game it seemed that the DBs played back a lot more (a prevent D if you will) and wasn't as aggressive on the short 8-10 yard routes which we all know that Gates and Jackson can add another 10-15 YAC.

I'm not sure if the soft defense is by design or because of the lack of Troy on the field? I'm hoping it's more by design because I truly feel that we shouldn't have to rely on one person to adjust our defense!

I also noticed last night that the refs are still missing the holding on Harrison as he comes around the corner, while in other games (or even against our O-line) those same type of "moves" by linemen are recognized and called as holding!

klick81
10-05-2009, 09:50 AM
It was a shitty display on both defense and special teams in the 4th. No question about it.

Edman
10-05-2009, 10:05 AM
No. Criticism is fine. I hope someday you'll understand what criticism actually is, and then be able to criticize.

I don't want to use the "L" word, but no it isn't. Not on this message board. Criticism is NOT allowed. There is nothing wrong with the team (Defense in particular) whatsoever. They are awesome. Hunky-Dorey. You can't say anything bad about them. They are Gods. Thou shalt not speak ill about the Steelers Defense when they shit the bed for the third week in a row.

Calling out a particular element for epic imploding like the Kingdome last night is NOT allowed.

solardave
10-05-2009, 10:27 AM

I've been a member here a short time but here is what I see. For some here the game could be handed to you on a silver platter and you'd Bitch and Whine because it wasn't gold. 4th game of the season, best player on defense, the guy who by the way would have covered Gates,(You know, the guy that exploded in the 4th) out with a sprained knee. A cheap mugging on special teams and a fumble. What about 3 sacks, Ike dropped a tipped ball and had an INT broken up. You guys would try to find fault with a perfect team, and by the way, there are none.

solardave
10-05-2009, 10:28 AM
pretty ugly tonight... well uglier than usual... 28-0 to 38-28... D and ST holds up just enough

What game were you watching?

solardave
10-05-2009, 10:34 AM
We won. Tomlin will address the problems this week and we will be fine!

Probably the biggest way to address them is to get Troy healthy, and realize when the opposing team is desperate, you anticipate the on side kick and get your hands team out there. You can't stop the muggings like what happened to Logan. The league allows it, hell they seem to encourage it. I can't for the life of me understand that.
I mean come on. You really can't see anything positive from last night? you stop just short of saying we stunk up the place? Give us a break. You know, the ones who love the Steelers!:banging:

steelballs
10-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Besides the couple fluke ST plays that rarely happen, what a great game! We walked all over them on both sides of the ball. I love that we throw and get yards when we need/want to and mendy had an outstanding game! The boy was chewin' off yards every time he got the ball!

Anyone else notice Ben had to catch up to him to hand off? :chuckle:

I noticed...the kid was fired up last night.

I agree 100% with the "D" not taking all the blame for the 4th quarter fall. The final score should have and could have easily been 38-14.

Everyone's talking about Mendenhall and his suspect ball security, but i'm concerned about Stefan Logan. His lack of physical size and frenzied running style lends itself to what happened last night. Once Logan's stopped, he's ripe for ball separation.

fansince'76
10-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Not on this message board. Criticism is NOT allowed. There is nothing wrong with the team (Defense in particular) whatsoever. They are awesome. Hunky-Dorey. You can't say anything bad about them. They are Gods. Thou shalt not speak ill about the Steelers Defense when they shit the bed for the third week in a row.

Calling out a particular element for epic imploding like the Kingdome last night is NOT allowed.

Again, never said that, but I don't go off on childish rants about it either. Offering nothing more than they "SUCK, SUCK, SUCK, SUCK" is a childish rant. Maybe if you'd stop acting like a 3-year-old that had his binky taken away from him, you'd realize that.

Edman
10-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Well, 76. Can't take it back now. It's the internet. When you put something out there, it's there forever. Yes, it was (and still is) a childish post.

The best I can do now is get over the shock of the D's collapses and just accept them for their fallen status. And maybe hope they improve, or stop with the stupid prevent in the 4th quarter. That's not going to stop me from calling them out if they play bad, though. The Steelers never want to make things easy. At least until Troy comes back, I say the Prevent D needs to be put on hold. Because this Defense cannot play it very well in the 4th. How many leads are we going to squander before we realize that it's not working?

I'm one of those insatiable guys that will never be satisfied with anything.

fansince'76
10-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Well, 76. Can't take it back now. It's the internet. When you put something out there, it's there forever. Yes, it was (and still is) a childish post.

The best I can do now is get over the shock of the D's collapses and just accept them for their fallen status. And maybe hope they improve, or stop with the stupid prevent in the 4th quarter. That's not going to stop me from calling them out if they play bad, though. The Steelers never want to make things easy. At least until Troy comes back, I say the Prevent D needs to be put on hold. Because this Defense cannot play it very well in the 4th. How many leads are we going to squander before we realize that it's not working?

I'm one of those insatiable guys that will never be satisfied with anything.

I said some things last night in the heat of the moment myself. Apologies. :drink:

Edman
10-05-2009, 04:47 PM
I said some things last night in the heat of the moment myself. Apologies. :drink:

No, '76. I've been a complete jackass these past weeks and I needed to be called out on it. You called me exactly what I was...a blubbering crybaby. I can criticize, but I need to handle it better. Like an adult (Turned 20 two months ago). The most I can do now is drop it and move on.

Last night wasn't so bad after all, but nightmares of Cincinnati and XLIII reared in my head last night when San Diego pulled within 7 with no problem. The Steelers never want to make it easy.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
10-05-2009, 05:15 PM
The D allowed 14 points in less than 3 minutes. For as much hate as Arians and the O got in wins last year, I think maybe a little criticism of LeBeau and the D is alright.