PDA

View Full Version : Dick Lebeau and the Defense.

Edman
10-04-2009, 11:23 PM
FRONT AND CENTER.

I've come down on the offense in recent weeks and all over last year. This is NOT on the Offense, AT ALL. Twenty-Eight Points should be MORE than enough for you guys to hold.

This is not Arians' Fault. This is not the O-Line's fault. There is no Willie Parker to blame this time. There is no Colon to blame.

Nope. This is on the bleeping Defense. You guys SUCK. SUCK. SUCK. SUCK!!! Oh, please lord God let Troy recover.

fansince'76
10-04-2009, 11:25 PM
God, you're a crybaby.

T.Richardson
10-04-2009, 11:27 PM
The Win is all I care about, if the defense allows 500 yards per game, and the Steelers still win, im satisfied.

Edman
10-04-2009, 11:30 PM
God, you're a crybaby.

Criticizing the Defense for nearly shitting the bed again? Sure does make me a crybaby.

Preacher
10-04-2009, 11:38 PM
No..

You guys SUCK. SUCK. SUCK. SUCK!!!

Is being a crybaby.

Try using your big-boy words.

Lots to discuss tonight. But we gotta use big-boy words to communicate!

T.Richardson
10-04-2009, 11:40 PM
No..

Is being a crybaby.

Try using your big-boy words.

Lots to discuss tonight. But we gotta use big-boy words to communicate!

but dad!!!

RunWillieRun
10-04-2009, 11:41 PM
I just don't understand the 4th quarter meltdowns. Is fatigue a factor...conditioning maybe? Something just seems off and I don't believe it is just the absence of Troy.

I don't think the D 'sucks,' but they are deeply flawed and need to correct whatever ails them and quickly.

T Bradshaw
10-04-2009, 11:41 PM
You are right about what you posted but you cannot criticize on this board

You have to kiss everybody ass, dont you know that? Its so profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering weak

I am shocked they have not deleted your post yet

There are idiots and CRYBABIES who think topics like this are bad for the team and should be deleted

Edman
10-04-2009, 11:43 PM
How silly of me. They didn't suck tonight. The Defense just kicked ass. I'm such a crybaby douche. Thank you Preach for showing me the error of my ways.

fansince'76

You have to kiss everybody ass, dont you know that? Its so profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering weak

There are idiots who think topics like this are bad for the team and should be deleted

As opposed to being a big third grader and whining and crying about everything, perhaps? Talk about weak. Grow up.

T.Richardson

There are idiots and CRYBABIES who think topics like this are bad for the team and should be deleted

or maybe crying isnt going to help this team at all.

T Bradshaw
10-04-2009, 11:46 PM
As opposed to being a big third grader and whining and crying about everything, perhaps? Talk about weak. Grow up.

See what I mean

T Bradshaw
10-04-2009, 11:47 PM
How silly of me. They didn't suck tonight. The Defense just kicked ass. I'm such a crybaby douche. Thank you Preach for showing me the error of my ways.

No, its not you pal

Steel_Bus_24
10-04-2009, 11:48 PM
This should definitely be discussed in a mature way

The 4th qrt was just pretty pitiful yet again..

I think we should all be thankful for the win but recognize that that type of play isn't disciplined championship football

BlackAndGold4Ever
10-04-2009, 11:48 PM
The D only sucks in the 4th. No excuse to let them back in the game after a 28 point lead. Don't know if its because of the absence of Troy or what, but this crap hast to stop.

Edman
10-04-2009, 11:49 PM
'76 says showing concern and calling out the defense for BLOWING once again in the fourth quarter is "crying" and thus need to grow up.

There's nothing wrong with the Defense whatsoever. They're awesome.

stillers4me
Let's see what happens when Troy is back before we start writing off the defense.

T.Richardson
You guys are right. Lets cry about how the D sucks...maybe they will hear our sob stories and suddenly dominate.

fansince'76
10-04-2009, 11:50 PM
This should definitely be discussed in a mature way

The 4th qrt was just pretty pitiful yet again..

I think we should all be thankful for the win but recognize that that type of play isn't disciplined championship football

Agreed, but good luck getting anything more mature than "WAAAHHH! WE SUCK! Fire Arians! Fire Tomlin! Fire LeBeau! Fire the Rooneys! Fire the Rooneys' family dog!"

LVSteelersfan
10-04-2009, 11:51 PM
It wasn't all the defense's fault. Logan screwed up. And that onside kick was a huge screwup. It hit him right in the chest and he muffed it. Can't blame the defense for that.

billybob
To be honest , i was very satisfied with the over all outcome of this game . I loved the final score !

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

T Bradshaw
The D only sucks in the 4th. No excuse to let them back in the game after a 28 point lead. Don't know if its because of the absence of Troy or what, but this crap hast to stop.

Be careful, the moderator who likes to delete posts will call this whining and crying about everything

Why didnt you delete this topic moderator? Its so stupid

T.Richardson
Agreed, but good luck getting anything more mature than "WAAAHHH! WE SUCK! Fire Arians! Fire Tomlin! Fire LeBeau! Fire the Rooneys! Fire the Rooneys' family dog!"

Fire Fansince76!!

MACH1
Yep...It was the D's fault that Logan got the ball yanked away from him.

T Bradshaw
10-04-2009, 11:52 PM
'76 says showing concern and calling out the defense for BLOWING once again in the fourth quarter is "crying" and thus need to grow up.

Believe or not '76 is mod here

Steel_Bus_24
our D shouldn't have been getting tired either with the way our O dominated TOP( Hats off to the line, they played perfect Old school Steeler football)

fansince'76

Never said that. I simply don't choose to act like a spoiled 3-year-old about it, like yourself.

RunWillieRun
It is weird...I feel happy about the W, but pissed off that they were able to score 28 on us late in the game. I can't remember the last time I thought a 28 point lead wasn't enough.

MACH1
Be careful, the moderator who likes to delete posts will call this whining and crying about everything

:wave:
Buh Bye

X-Terminator
10-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Wow. Can't win a game without SOMEONE acting like a spoiled brat.

You know what sucks? This board sucks. I thought I'd get a break from all of the bellyaching since the Steelers won a game, but I guess that was too much to hope for.

fansince'76
10-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Believe or not '76 is mod here

Think it's past your bedtime, kiddo.

T Bradshaw
10-04-2009, 11:55 PM

with all due respect moderator, you are acting like a girl with a big time period

RunWillieRun
10-04-2009, 11:56 PM
with all due respect moderator, you are acting like a girl with a big time period

That's an oxymoronic statement if I ever did read one.

cubanstogie
It is weird...I feel happy about the W, but pissed off that they were able to score 28 on us late in the game. I can't remember the last time I thought a 28 point lead wasn't enough.

because you are a glass empty guy. They scored on a couple of fluke plays and against prevent D. Rush four and drop everyone back give gates 20yards. Prevent sucks, not our defense. We will be fine when our best defender is back. The whining pessimism is nauseating.

BozMan
Getting away from the personal attacks and back on topic...

What IS going on with this D?

Don't think it is conditioning. The O had the ball long enough during the game, so the D shouldn't be that tired.

Seems like when SD was moving down the field in the 4thQ, Harrison or Woodley was a step away before Rivers let the ball go.

I don't have any great ideas on what could fix that... Rush more? (That could potentially expose match up problems with the pass coverage [e.g., lack of double team on a guy like Gates].) Rush from different area? (Inside instead of outside.) Maybe the D line has to get their hands up quicker to swat down those quick passes?

We can't expect to win playoff games with 4th quarter meltdowns like this...

T Bradshaw
10-04-2009, 11:57 PM
That's an oxymoronic statement if I ever did read one.

:tt:

fansince'76

And you're acting like spoiled 3-year-old that didn't get what he wanted for Xmas.

stb_steeler

Agreed.......Is the absence of Troy really that much at fault?....I guess we'll see next week when he comes back. I do know this, when Troy is in some offenses cant decide what he's gonna do cause he's all over the place. Lets hope that this is the only missing link.

RunWillieRun
10-04-2009, 11:59 PM
because you are a glass empty guy. They scored on a couple of fluke plays and against prevent D. Rush four and drop everyone back give gates 20yards. Prevent sucks, not our defense. We will be fine when our best defender is back. The whining pessimism is nauseating.

Last time I checked points scored on 'fluke plays' and when the D is in prevent still counted the same as any other points...maybe I'm wrong?

T Bradshaw
10-04-2009, 11:59 PM

I started a topic on this and '76 deleted the topic

I guess he believes everybody has to kiss ass here

RETARD!

fansince'76
10-05-2009, 12:00 AM

RETARD!

No, I don't. Time for a vacation.

T.Richardson
10-05-2009, 12:01 AM
No, I don't. Time for a vacation.

ooh ooh I wanna go to Amsterdam!

X-Terminator
don't click the thread then. the defense has sucked and everyone should just ignore it like everything is fine i guess

I'll click on any damn thread I like, thank you very much. And besides, I clicked on this thread because I felt from the title that it would be a mature, honest discussion about the defense's problems in the 4th quarter. Instead, we get the OP ranting like a 5 year old who didn't get that piece of candy from the store. If people would quit getting so DAMN emotional over a GAME, and discuss things like mature adults, we wouldn't have threads turn into effing WWIII after every effing game.

cubanstogie
Getting away from the personal attacks and back on topic...

What IS going on with this D?

Don't think it is conditioning. The O had the ball long enough during the game, so the D shouldn't be that tired.

Seems like when SD was moving down the field in the 4thQ, Harrison or Woodley was a step away before Rivers let the ball go.

I don't have any great ideas on what could fix that... Rush more? (That could potentially expose match up problems with the pass coverage [e.g., lack of double team on a guy like Gates].) Rush from different area? (Inside instead of outside.) Maybe the D line has to get their hands up quicker to swat down those quick passes?

We can't expect to win playoff games with 4th quarter meltdowns like this...

And last year we couldn't win due to our offense. Everyone kept saying the D bailed the offense out. Its a no win situation unless you dominate on both sides of ball. Not going to happen in the NFL. Rivers is a great QB and Gates is the best TE in the league, not to mention PREVENT D. We beat a good team.

devilsdancefloor
14 of those points where served up by the ST. My son stated where did are defense go at half time taco bell? then sack and stripo by deebo at the end of the game looked at me and said look they are back from a taco run. I am not happy at all with the meltdowns in the 4th but giving the chargers the ball on the 50 doesnt help matters. gates killed us in the 4th we missed troy defending gates. But we won out run game lok great our o lijne looked great especially kemo! I like the I formation with legursky as lead blocker! Carry davis LOOKED GOOD blocking as well. We converted the dreaded 3 & 1 or 2.

MACH1

RETARD!

:banned::checkit:

RunWillieRun
10-05-2009, 12:03 AM
I gotta say, this thread has given me a lot of good laughs.

Thanks everyone!

cubanstogie
10-05-2009, 12:05 AM
Last time I checked points scored on 'fluke plays' and when the D is in prevent still counted the same as any other points...maybe I'm wrong?
It does count, but it doesn't take away the fact that we still have a great D. They had less than 20 yards rushing. Their offensive line protected well and their backs picked up our lb's many times. Give them some credit as well is all I am saying. I don't expect our special teams to give the ball away twice a game either.

Preacher
10-05-2009, 12:05 AM

Why are you calling out a mod who spends his free time reading through literally thousands of posts....

Seriously.

All that is asked, is that people CONTRIBUTE. So and so sucks is NOT CONTRIBUTING (for the 100th time).

Preacher
10-05-2009, 12:07 AM

RETARD!

ambsteeler
10-05-2009, 12:08 AM
the d played good stop complaining 4 sacks 1 turnover only gave up 15 yards rushing 240 yards passing
the 28 points the chargers had 2 of those touchdowns came from the special teams screw ups so its realy only 14 points they gave up

T.Richardson
10-05-2009, 12:09 AM

BlastFurnace
10-05-2009, 12:11 AM
Might be the fastest Ban I have seen on this board.

X-Terminator
10-05-2009, 12:11 AM
the d played good stop complaining 4 sacks 1 turnover only gave up 15 yards rushing 240 yards passing
the 28 points the chargers had 2 of those touchdowns came from the special teams screw ups so its realy only 14 points they gave up

No, it's 21 points they gave up, and 14 of those in the 4th again. Now since I didn't see the last half of the game, I have to go on what others posted - did they really go into prevent mode? If they did, they need to rip it out of the playbook. I don't care what the score is, you ATTACK until the final buzzer sounds. You see what happens when you do, getting the sack/fumble on Rivers to ice the game away. Why not try doing that ALL the time?

Steeldude
10-05-2009, 12:12 AM
the one thing i thought they did a poor job of was covering the TE. the TE and passes through the middle have always been a killer to the steelers' defense.

i figured timmons would be covering gates, not harrison.

X-Terminator
10-05-2009, 12:15 AM

It's his own fault.

http://www.bnsmith.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/selfdestruct.jpg

You don't call a moderator a retard, plain and simple.

X-Terminator
10-05-2009, 12:17 AM
the one thing i thought they did a poor job of was covering the TE. the TE and passes through the middle have always been a killer to the steelers' defense.

i figured timmons would be covering gates, not harrison.

And that's really where Troy is missed the most. Our LBs obviously aren't good enough to handle the likes of Gates.

billybob
10-05-2009, 12:17 AM

Even faster tham me ?

BlastFurnace
10-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Even faster tham me ?

When did you get banned?

Mags87
10-05-2009, 12:25 AM
id have to agree with the major arguments here (not the personal attacks). but for almost 3 complete quarters, they held SD to 0 points. they give up one complete drive, ok i can deal with that. then the two td's the D gave up in the 4th quarter didnt even total out to 4 minutes! thats something to care about. but wow, hats off to the O line and Mendy. Ben performed as well and outside of hines' 2 drops on that one drive, the WR's looked great. and the special teams... i thought we saw the bills lose to the Pats on a "refuse to go down" return and the onside kick was weak. but i mean i want the 3 quarter defense to show up in the 4th. i feel a whole lot better this week than last week but i would still like to see a complete game by the defense besides week 1

devilsdancefloor
10-05-2009, 12:43 AM

http://i33.tinypic.com/f2n1up.jpg

tony hipchest
10-05-2009, 12:52 AM
.....You know what sucks? This board sucks.... .

extreme.

i didnt say as much even when nigel was mod.

..or you.

why dont you just toss the entire board into your "bozo bin" then?

X-Terminator
10-05-2009, 01:33 AM
extreme.

i didnt say as much even when nigel was mod.

..or you.

why dont you just toss the entire board into your "bozo bin" then?

I was just pissed, Tony. But this board HAS been less fun to be on in recent weeks. I'm not going to deny that.

toughsticks87
10-05-2009, 02:04 AM
I felt great after the game. I feel as if some weird lucky plays, like Logans return and the onside kick put them back into it. Prevent D sucks hard, not the D themselves. I was overall satisfied with their performance, especially in the first half.

solardave
10-05-2009, 07:49 AM
FRONT AND CENTER.

I've come down on the offense in recent weeks and all over last year. This is NOT on the Offense, AT ALL. Twenty-Eight Points should be MORE than enough for you guys to hold.

This is not Arians' Fault. This is not the O-Line's fault. There is no Willie Parker to blame this time. There is no Colon to blame.

Nope. This is on the bleeping Defense. You guys SUCK. SUCK. SUCK. SUCK!!! Oh, please lord God let Troy recover.

Do you want some CHEESE? Why is it on the Defense. Say something to support you argument instead of being childish. What in you opinion is wrong with the defense? How can this be fixed.Do you even know what would help? Oh I know, they just need to not suck. Now that we have that cleared up is there anything else you want to whine about.

Hammer67
10-05-2009, 07:50 AM
OP....I have to say that the reaction is a little extreme and if you were with my group of buddies, you would have been slapped. lol.

Anyway, I think it is a bit early for the lemmings to jump off the cliff around here. There were defensive holes, for sure, but let's get some more intelligent discourse other then "They suck!!!!" Ok...why did they suck in the 4th quarter?

All to often, homer fans forget there is another team on the field. In this case, a team many are projecting will make the Super Bowl. They have a stud at TE (who usually gets safety coverage, ahem, Polamalu) and an AWESOME QB, not to mention a future HOF'er at RB. Those types of teams do not just roll over because they are down a few TD's. There were a few flukey type plays on special teams and Gates did what he does.

All in all, great showing by the Steelers offense. The Line was DOMINATING. I think the Defense still misses Troy and that when they drop into Nickle or Preventy type defenses (like they did after they went up 28-0), it's apparent.

Let's relax, hope Troy is 100%, and be thankful for an October win, early in the season.

Hammer67
10-05-2009, 07:55 AM
For some in this thread....

:crying01: :crying01: :crying01:

:wtf:

:violin:

plenewken
10-05-2009, 08:04 AM

14 of which are on Special Teams and not on Defense.

Texasteel
10-05-2009, 08:07 AM

So you can criticize the team, players, coaches, and any member that doesn't agree with you that this or that player SUCKS, but will not be allowed to criticize the poster that is doing the bitching. You post the new forum rules so we can all understand them.

Texasteel
10-05-2009, 08:14 AM
So you can criticize the team, players, coaches, and any member that doesn't agree with you that this or that player SUCKS, but will not be allowed to criticize the poster that is doing the bitching. You post the new forum rules so we can all understand them.

Woops, just noticed. Too Late.

Texasteel
10-05-2009, 08:30 AM
it's not just troy missing but he is the major key to getting back on track. the wimpy tackling and the lack of a consistent pass rush is killing us when teams go 4-5 wide in the 4th quarter.

tomlin needs to send the defense a message

We look to be a little thin at Safety right now. I think the D-secondary is just wearing down a bit by the 4th quarter. Troy coming back will indeed help a great deal, he doesn't ever seem to get tired.

SteelTalons
10-05-2009, 09:00 AM
but dad!!!

:rofl: :flap:

scsteeler
10-05-2009, 09:15 AM
FRONT AND CENTER.

While the defense is not playing like it should I am not ready to say they Suck. Still a lot of football to be played and this defense will get better. This defense will adapt and get back to what it needs to be but for now the offense is going to have to keep on producing.

stlrtruck
10-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Never said that. I simply don't choose to act like a spoiled 3-year-old about it, like yourself.

Excuse me sir, but my daughter didn't start acting like this until she turned 4. :flap:

Edman
10-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Hope you guys are getting your yuk-yuks in.

Bottom Line, is that the defense is crap down the stretch. If it weren't for Ben and the Arians offense, with help from San Diego's crappy defense, we'd be staring at 1-3 right now.

And surely some of you are going to say "But we aren't staring at 1-3". No we are not. But it takes something special to choke away leads effortlessly for consecutive weeks. I'm not allowed to point that out, of course. Because it's "not constructive to the team".

fansince'76
10-05-2009, 11:02 AM
If it weren't for Ben and the Arians offense, with help from San Diego's crappy defense, we'd be staring at 1-3 right now.

And if my aunt had a Johnson, she'd be my uncle. Next. :coffee:

scsteeler
10-05-2009, 11:09 AM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

stlrtruck
10-05-2009, 11:16 AM

Bottom Line, is that the defense is crap down the stretch. If it weren't for Ben and the Arians offense, with help from San Diego's crappy defense, we'd be staring at 1-3 right now.

And surely some of you are going to say "But we aren't staring at 1-3". No we are not. But it takes something special to choke away leads effortlessly for consecutive weeks. I'm not allowed to point that out, of course. Because it's "not constructive to the team".

So if the defense only gave up 3 points and the Steelers won 7-3 would you be happy or would you find something else to "criticize" :noidea:

With all due respect, even though the defense this year has been suspect in the fourth quarters, they aren't the entire reason we've lost 2 games. The thing is, when I read your posts I get the idea that you have no hope in this team whatsoever and you truly get your pleasures by attempting to dismantle whatever good can come out of a victory. Don't get me wrong, there is always room for improvement week after week after week whether it be defense, offense, or special teams. And through the first 4 weeks, I haven't seen you come up with a logical solution to the problems - only bitchin' and moanin'!

And yes, I am getting my yuk-yuks in by the glass full today! :thumbsup: :rofl: :toofunny:

steelerjim58
10-05-2009, 11:32 AM
For all this critcism of the d, I would just want to say that they definately played well enough for the Steelers to win the first 3 games. And last night, well its not like the Chargers don't have an offense that can't score. While I was shocked that we weren't set up for an onsides kick, the ball was in his hands. That gave the Chargers a short field. Any d is going to give up points sometime, but when its late in games it's magnified when they lead to a loss. I think we got a little bit spoiled by how dominate they were last year.

SteelGhost
10-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Despite of the fact that 4th Quarter defense in last 3 games has been kinda “complascent”, I will trust Tomlin and Lebeau to fix the issues, I see some flaws, but I'm positive they can be addressed.

As the Steelers O had the ball for more than 40 minutes, I don't think the defense were tired, it must be something else besides Troy's absense.

Last year the offense had to win a bunch of games in the 4th. Quarter with Ben and Co.'s heroics, this year maybe it's the turn for the defense to keep the leads.:noidea:

Congrats to Kemo, Legursky, and all the O' Line, they played a great game. All the offense were on the same page and get the running game going, maybe this is the beginning of a nice Mendenhall's season. :thumbsup:

Nobody has mentioned Skippy's sealing field goal, props to our kicker !! That 46 yards FG was great for him, the team and the Nation.

For the 2 ST plays … I guess they will be more focused from now on. They will be fine.

My .02

:tt:

Edman
10-05-2009, 11:54 AM
So if the defense only gave up 3 points and the Steelers won 7-3 would you be happy or would you find something else to "criticize" :noidea:

I'd criticize the offense. Last night showed me that I'm just another one of those fans who will never be happy. I thought that wouldn't be the case, but it turns out it is.

And yes, I am getting my yuk-yuks in by the glass full today! :thumbsup: :rofl: :toofunny:

Then I'm glad I made someone's day better.

7/39/43
10-05-2009, 11:57 AM
The "D" needs to go back to math class
45 min.
+15 min
_______
60 min,
not 45 min. that they are playing

SteelCityMom
10-05-2009, 12:30 PM

I understand your frustration...but you have to keep in mind that the Chargers have a very explosive offense and Gates is one of the best TE's in the league. 14 of those points came off of ST's plays, not anything from lack of defense. Yes, the Steelers D allowed a couple of TD's (it happens), but w/o those fluke ST's plays the game would have been 38-14 and we'd all be praising the offense and defense. We get Troy back either against the Lions or the Browns and I think it will make a world of difference. No reason for chicken little to pop his little head out yet.

scsteeler
10-05-2009, 12:35 PM
our D shouldn't have been getting tired either with the way our O dominated TOP( Hats off to the line, they played perfect Old school Steeler football)

Be careful about giving credit to the O-line that could be considered blasphemy to some.

LOL

Dino 6 Rings
10-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Its all starting with pressure and playing it "safe" in the secondary. The Linebackers aren't getting the pass rush they did last year as the sack numbers show, and we have 2 starters from last year missing in the secondar (Troy and McFadden) and it shows. I think they are just trying to play a bend don't break defense when they have the lead and thats actually kicking our ass. I'd rather an all out blitz that gets beat for a huge play than a dink and dunk offense or any offense driving 74 yards in 5 plays for a Touchdown against a soft zone.

stlrtruck
10-05-2009, 02:40 PM

I'd criticize the offense. Last night showed me that I'm just another one of those fans who will never be happy. I thought that wouldn't be the case, but it turns out it is.

Then I'm glad I made someone's day better.

Well at least you're learning that you're one of those fans. Now we can just move through the stages and find a cure :flap:

And yes, you made my day better and I THANK YOU FOR THAT! :flap: :flap: :tt04: :tt04: :thumbsup: :drink:

7/39/43
10-05-2009, 05:45 PM
That's a pretty general statement.. Do you care to go in to a little more detail about why you think the defense sat on their thumbs for the last 15 or would you rather just ride the 'D sucks' bandwagon?

not on the D sucks bandwagon because it doesn't. thay just got to get back to the 60 minute men mentality. all 4 games get the lead let up play prevent or quit thinking what they are doing I don't know hat's in their mind but if they go back to last year (re-school them) and go from there! hopefully in Detroit and Cleveland with or with out Troy . they will get back to the I will beat your ass and worry about it later attitude:tt03:tt::tt04:

Hapa
10-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Anyone else get annoyed how HometownGal, Fan since '76, and Preacher talk down to everyone on the board like they know everything and we're just stupid little kids?

Texasteel
10-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Anyone else get annoyed how HometownGal, Fan since '76, and Preacher talk down to everyone on the board like they know everything and we're just stupid little kids?

I've seen them bite back when someone takes shots at them for no reason. Pretty much like this post.

Steelman16
10-05-2009, 07:37 PM

Anyone else get annoyed how those "stupid little kids" act just like their moniker and require mods and longtime members to put them into order?

:coffee:

"The D sucks!" is not a legitimate argument. Period. Add some fact, add some theory, add some educated opinion at least. Just saying InsertNameHere sucks, doesn't cut it. Grow up.

Preacher
10-05-2009, 07:42 PM

Know everything? Nope. Not even close. I learn a lot from a lot of people around here.

One thing I DO know however, is the distinction between criticizing and whining. The former is informative, the latter is tiring.

This isn't a free group counseling session.

Preacher
10-05-2009, 07:44 PM
not on the D sucks bandwagon because it doesn't. thay just got to get back to the 60 minute men mentality. all 4 games get the lead let up play prevent or quit thinking what they are doing I don't know hat's in their mind but if they go back to last year (re-school them) and go from there! hopefully in Detroit and Cleveland with or with out Troy . they will get back to the I will beat your ass and worry about it later attitude:tt03:tt::tt04:

That is my hope too... matter of fact, I hope that by playing Detroit and Cleveland, we can try some different things in teh fourth quarter and actually prepare ourselves for some tougher games down the road.

Steelers & I
10-05-2009, 11:53 PM

They're not playing awesome as of late but you surely know that this is the same defensive coordinator, essentially the same players, and the same plays that DOMINATED the NFL last season. This is the same defensive system that has won MANY games for the Steelers over the years. Yes there's reason for concern at the moment but saying that they suck is WAY OVER THE TOP! They may not finish #1 this year, I don't care about the stats, but you can bet that when they're called upon later in the season, they'll come through.

OneForTheToe
10-06-2009, 12:04 AM
I'm not going to blame the D .... I'm blaming Daniel Sepulveda for punting the ball too far.:wink02:

Remember that one? Might as well drag them all back.:stirthepot:

tony hipchest
10-06-2009, 12:08 AM
troy polamalu.

he is important.

when he is in the game he does more than just wash hair.

Steelers & I
10-06-2009, 12:10 AM

This is just my perception but I believe that the Steelers went into "mercy mode" with that 28 point lead in the 2nd half. I mean I understand their reasoning. A classy NFL team isn't going to continue piling on points against an OBVIOUS inferior opponent. That's just low class.

X-Terminator
10-06-2009, 12:25 AM

No, but I have seen them get annoyed with the whining and crying that goes on around here after losses and now wins. I've seen them get annoyed when people make blatantly false and accusatory posts like this, thus proving that you may not be "stupid little kids," but are most definitely "whiny little kids who stomp their feet when they don't get their way." Get it?

fansince'76
10-06-2009, 12:27 AM

Anyone else get annoyed at know-it-all kids who are, in actuality, clueless, who shoot their mouths off? :coffee:

Steelers & I
10-06-2009, 02:52 AM
Anyone else get annoyed at know-it-all kids who are, in actuality, clueless, who shoot their mouths off? :coffee:

I think that it's high time for the "1st Annual-Steelers Fever Forums picnic." :drink: :popcorn::drink::popcorn::drink::popcorn: :buttkick: :injured::cheers:

IamTheSteelGod
10-06-2009, 06:18 AM
4th quatre D# of late suck!

HometownGal
10-06-2009, 08:43 AM
I'll click on any damn thread I like, thank you very much. And besides, I clicked on this thread because I felt from the title that it would be a mature, honest discussion about the defense's problems in the 4th quarter. Instead, we get the OP ranting like a 5 year old who didn't get that piece of candy from the store. If people would quit getting so DAMN emotional over a GAME, and discuss things like mature adults, we wouldn't have threads turn into effing WWIII after every effing game.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

I think every Steelers fan with a fraction of a brain cell can see that our D just isn't finishing games and that there IS a problem there, but jiminey cricket - it's not like there isn't time to fix what ails them. Lebeau is the grand poobah of DC's and I have no doubt in my mind that as I type this, he is studying film and getting his ducks in a row to work on these issues in practice this week.

We aren't going to have a 28 point lead on every team we face this season and I'm sure Lebeau and Tomlin both realize that the problems with the D in the 4Q need to be addressed sooner rather than later.

memphissteelergirl
10-06-2009, 09:32 AM
:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

I think every Steelers fan with a fraction of a brain cell can see that our D just isn't finishing games and that there IS a problem there, but jiminey cricket - it's not like there isn't time to fix what ails them. Lebeau is the grand poobah of DC's and I have no doubt in my mind that as I type this, he is studying film and getting his ducks in a row to work on these issues in practice this week.

We aren't going to have a 28 point lead on every team we face this season and I'm sure Lebeau and Tomlin both realize that the problems with the D in the 4Q need to be addressed sooner rather than later.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

That says it all, HTG!

Kvnfaber
10-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Without the fluke Jacob Hester fumble recovery on a forward progress stopped Logan the game would have been 38-21 and comfortable. You can't blame the defense for that.

Throw in the terrible on-side kick coverage, which if recovered our offense would have run some clock down and this game could have been even more lopsided than 38-21.

steelerdave1969
10-06-2009, 10:15 AM
I just don't understand the 4th quarter meltdowns. Is fatigue a factor...conditioning maybe? Something just seems off and I don't believe it is just the absence of Troy.

I don't think the D 'sucks,' but they are deeply flawed and need to correct whatever ails them and quickly.

First of all I want to say that a lot that is wrong with our Defense is Our LACK of a Passrush. Harrison and Woodley are not getting the pressure and sacks that they did last year. Last year these guys with a 28 point lead would have just pinned their ears back and Rushed the QB, so far this year I have noticed Harrison out in coverage on a For Sure Passing down and that is crazy in my opinion. Our Secondary in my opinion has played pretty darn well considering we have what 3 sacks so far this year?.. thats rediculous in my opinion... Anyone think the Steelers miss Troy ? yeh, I do but he is Not the Only Playmaker they miss right now...
Can Someone Please Find James Harrison and Lamar Woodley? They havent showed up yet in 4 games..
:banging:

SteelTalons
10-06-2009, 10:20 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

steelerdave1969
10-06-2009, 10:20 AM
troy polamalu.

he is important.

when he is in the game he does more than just wash hair.

:tt03: lol

fansince'76
10-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Can Someone Please Find James Harrison and Lamar Woodley? They havent showed up yet in 4 games..
:banging:

Harrison has 3 sacks this year so far, which projects to 12 for the year for him (he had 16 last year), he's currently 3rd on the team in tackles (right behind Farrior and Clark) and he has 3 forced fumbles. Beg to differ, but Harrison is one of the few who have shown up on the defensive side of the ball this year so far. It's not his fault that other teams are allowed to hold him (more like tackle him) with impunity.

Edman
10-06-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm not expecting Silverback to repeat his dominant 2008 performance. But he's still been the only one to show some life on the Defensive side of the ball.

I'm more concerned about Lamarr Woodley.

stlrtruck
10-06-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm more concerned about Lamarr Woodley.

I think a lot more teams have become aware of him after last year and since the officials can't comprehend holding when Harrison is in a choke hold, it makes it easier to double team Woodley (or atleast get two bodies on him at some point during the play).

revefsreleets
10-06-2009, 12:56 PM
The opposing offenses have significantly changed how they attack this defense this year. Our OLB's are having special attention paid to them, the routes are shorter, the QB drops are 3-5 instead of 5-7, and it's more react than read this year. Prior to Sunday Harrison was projecting out for 5-6 sacks and only about 70 tackles, so it's NOT only Woodley who's being keyed on more.

Harrison had a big game, Wood was back in coverage and doing other things (and still managed a couple QB pressures) so it appears to me that LeBeau is adapting to meet the opposing offenses moves, just like....should I even say it? Just like a chess match....

OneForTheToe
10-06-2009, 02:12 PM
The opposing offenses have significantly changed how they attack this defense this year. Our OLB's are having special attention paid to them, the routes are shorter, the QB drops are 3-5 instead of 5-7, and it's more react than read this year. Prior to Sunday Harrison was projecting out for 5-6 sacks and only about 70 tackles, so it's NOT only Woodley who's being keyed on more.

Harrison had a big game, Wood was back in coverage and doing other things (and still managed a couple QB pressures) so it appears to me that LeBeau is adapting to meet the opposing offenses moves, just like....should I even say it? Just like a chess match....

:applaudit:

I could not have said it better myself ... wait let me try:

Harrison had a big game, Wood was back in coverage and doing other things (and still managed a couple QB pressures) so it appears to me that LeBeau is adapting to meet the opposing offenses moves, just like....should I even say it? Just like a chess match...

There we go.

HometownGal
10-06-2009, 03:53 PM

Anyone else notice that Hapa has gone :wave:? We've put up with this ignorant infantile gutter sniping letch for far too long.

Here ya go boo boo . . . I'm sending you back to your crib in cyberspace with a parting gift. . .

http://rainreflections.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/pacifier.jpg

Steeldude
10-06-2009, 05:35 PM
are some bans temporary?

solardave
10-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Criticizing the Defense for nearly shitting the bed again? Sure does make me a crybaby.

YEAH, YOU ARE!!!

Psyychoward86
10-06-2009, 06:53 PM
God, you're a crybaby.

haha

HometownGal
10-06-2009, 09:22 PM
are some bans temporary?

Actually, most are, but his is of the permanent variety. He added nothing to this forum and after being warned several times in the past to knock off taking shots at people, especially we Mods, it was time to send him back to his cyber playpen.

tony hipchest
10-07-2009, 12:19 AM

what is facinating is how much quicker and better lebeau will be at adapting to opposing offenses when he gets his "queen" back on the board.

while it is much like chess it isnt "just like a chess match".

a chess match takes virtually no physical effort other than trying to stay awake.

in a chess match, once the queen is removed, they dont get a chance to heal up and return to the "game".

im sure the defensive coaches will be hailed as geniuses as soon as troy returns and they finally "adjust to all the offensive adjustments the opposing teams have made against them".

our coaches are great.

so is troy.

when the coaches say the loss of troy will not be used as an excuse is more "coachspeak" as opposed to facts that impact the outcome of the game.

if coaches could simply scheme a win every week, they wouldnt shell out high dollar contracts to these athletes.

its more than checkers, and it is most certainly MORE than just chess.

X-Terminator
10-07-2009, 12:27 AM
Actually, most are, but his is of the permanent variety. He added nothing to this forum and after being warned several times in the past to knock off taking shots at people, especially we Mods, it was time to send him back to his cyber playpen.

And another one bites the dust. And yes, the guy has had it coming for a while now.

You and Gary have a really tough job on your hands, one that neither of you have to do, and do not deserve to be sniped at by the likes of that guy.

MACH1
10-07-2009, 01:07 AM

http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://www.liquidmatrix.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/red-dumb-ass.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHFKtWnAFvSo3IgQIFug166oNs7_g

:chuckle:

Texasteel
10-07-2009, 06:01 AM

And another one bites the dust. And yes, the guy has had it coming for a while now.

You and Gary have a really tough job on your hands, one that neither of you have to do, and do not deserve to be sniped at by the likes of that guy.

And that at least makes two of us. Seems to be becoming a popular pastime around here for some, taking undo shots at the Mods. Thank you Marianne, and Thank you Gary.

SteelMember
10-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Seems this thread has claimed #2 to the ban Hammer. :smashy:

Although, in retrospect, it had that odor of #2 in it to begin with.

Funny, but almost predictable is how some folks get more bent even after a win.

To steal the common line from the political threrads...WE WON, but, but, but :chuckle: