PDA

View Full Version : 4-2 right around the corner.

SteelRNation
10-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Next up the Lions and Browns. While the Ravens and Bengals clash next week. We may be leading or tied for the division again within 2 weeks. Tonight may not have been pretty, but I'll take it. Get ready to go over .500 next week and continue to build. Just figured i'd throw this thread out there because I'm sure there will be plenty of negative ones.

T.Richardson
10-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Dont look past them...

MACH1
10-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Now's not the time to start counting chickens

SteelRNation
Stafford is hurt and may not play. If we cant beat the Lions with a hobbled...or not playing Matt Stafford then we are in huge trouble.

stillers4me
Any given Sunday.......... we gotta play to win. Or just bury them alive.

T.Richardson
10-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Stafford is hurt and may not play. If we cant beat the Lions with a hobbled...or not playing Matt Stafford then we are in huge trouble.

Steelers lost to the Raiders who only gained like 80 total yards. In '06

kmsteelerwr15
10-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Yeah we can't get ahead of ourselves. We have to look at each game week by week and cannot overlook anyone because we tend to play down to inferior teams

SteelRNation
10-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Steelers lost to the Raiders who only gained like 80 total yards. In '06

We were 2-4 going into that game. We knew the season was over. Big difference here.

T.Richardson
10-04-2009, 11:53 PM
We were 2-4 going into that game. We knew the season was over. Big difference here.

ok, how about...a couple of years ago, when the Chiefs were 9-0 facing the horrible Bungles team. The Bungles ended up winning the game.

LVSteelersfan
10-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Steelers are going to kick some Detroit and Cleveland butt. We have an offense now. A real one. Those defenses will not be able to stop Ben and Mendenhall. Not scared of them in the least. Those teams are NOT Chicago and Cincinnati.

SteelRNation
10-04-2009, 11:56 PM
ok, how about...a couple of years ago, when the Chiefs were 9-0 facing the horrible Bungles team. The Bungles ended up winning the game.

Tell me law of averages, buddy. I bet I have more teams that beat the low ones than vice versa. I mean of course anyone can win on any day....you know what....its guys like you that I'm talking about. Why not just let those of us that wanna have confidence in the Steelers...have it. Instead of saying "anything can happen"..."this happened in 2006" ...ect...Huh? Why not go start a thread saying the Lions may beat us?

T.Richardson
10-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Tell me law of averages, buddy. I bet I have more teams that beat the low ones than vice versa. I mean of course anyone can win on any day....you know what....its guys like you that I'm talking about. Why not just let those of us that wanna have confidence in the Steelers...have it. Instead of saying "anything can happen"..."this happened in 2006" ...ect...Huh? Why not go start a thread saying the Lions may beat us?

im just saying, dont ahead of yourself. I believe the Steelers will stomp the Lions, but you cant just say "this will be an easy game" the Lions will put up a fight.

steelpride12
10-05-2009, 12:00 AM
We can win these two games and we can win every game. Never under estimate the under dogs and remember the Raiders game a few seasons ago. The Steelers need to work hard in practice and come out like its their last game!

SteelRNation
10-05-2009, 12:03 AM
All I'm saying is it to much to ask to let someone believe in the Steelers around here? Before all the "dont count your chickens, anything can happen, ect, ect.. comes out? Its amazing. Its almost like people are scared to root for them and believe in them. Who cares if we lose next week at least we went into the game believeing we could win. Right now posters should be saying "Hell yeah, we're gonna whip ass and take names." not "Dont count your chickens.."

T.Richardson
10-05-2009, 12:04 AM
All I'm saying is it to much to ask to let someone believe in the Steelers around here? Before all the "dont count your chickens, anything can happen, ect, ect.. comes out? Its amazing. Its almost like people are scared to root for them and believe in them. Who cares if we lose next week at least we went into the game believeing we could win. Right now posters should be saying "Hell yeah, we're gonna whip ass and take names." not "Dont count your chickens.."

yea, I guess I got a lil to pessimistic.

Steeldude
10-05-2009, 12:05 AM
with the way the steelers have played this season those games are not automatic.

i think most of the rah-rah fans are finally realizing there is a reason they play the games :wave:

stairway27
10-05-2009, 12:12 AM
I don't know why anyone would be doom and gloom right now. The D will come around, and the offense has really looked great. We get 2 more games to really straighten things out. Don't doubt the Black and Gold. Remember, the Cardinals were 9-7 and went to the Superbowl last year. It's very early, and all of the warning signs point to just a slow start. Remember that the Colts had a slow start last year, and turned things around to a 12-4 finish. The difference between us and them is that Manning folds in the playoffs... Ben flourishes!

BehindSteelCurtain
10-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Don't look past them. The Lions have played tough the past 2 weeks and the Browns just played the Bengals tough.

stairway27
10-05-2009, 12:16 AM
No way we lose to either of them. Have some faith.

stb_steeler
10-05-2009, 12:24 AM
Steelers are going to kick some Detroit and Cleveland butt. We have an offense now. A real one. Those defenses will not be able to stop Ben and Mendenhall. Not scared of them in the least. Those teams are NOT Chicago and Cincinnati.

Yep, and i know Chargers have a bad run defence but i was excited to see a great running game. Mendy looked awesome. Offense was clicking big time!

:applaudit:

Steel_Bus_24
10-05-2009, 12:25 AM
If we continue to have shaky 4th qrts then the gloom is justified.

All these guys are pros and if you let them hang around till the end they'll have the talent to hit one, its why they're pros

I don't think we've played at a level this year that would warrant any trash talking

KYsteelfan
10-05-2009, 12:27 AM
we got this as long as the team doesnt assume that they will roll over and die. I personally believe we will kill both of them, but the team cant believe that. we gotta go in the and play the games. so yeah 4-2 right around the corner? couldnt agree more!
:tt03:

sharkweek
10-05-2009, 12:37 AM
wow, we don't even have to point to that Raiders game, we just have to look at the Cinci game from week 3.

We should have dominated that game but we ended up losing to the Bungles. And while the Bungles might be a legit team this season, even they should have lost to the Brownies today, barely winning in OT.

Pittsky
10-05-2009, 12:47 AM
im just saying, dont ahead of yourself. I believe the Steelers will stomp the Lions, but you cant just say "this will be an easy game" the Lions will put up a fight.

i agree 100%...any team can come back and win with the way our D has been playing in the 4th...i dont think we took the bungles seriously enough, and look what happened....no games are easy...any one of our star players can get hurt playing detroit...all games are serious.

and i wanna make it clear...im not dogging our D at all, i think we still have an elite D. they just arent playing 60 minutes like they did last year.

Mags87
10-05-2009, 12:48 AM
wow, we don't even have to point to that Raiders game, we just have to look at the Cinci game from week 3.

We should have dominated that game but we ended up losing to the Bungles. And while the Bungles might be a legit team this season, even they should have lost to the Brownies today, barely winning in OT.

i hear ya. we did dominate 3/4 of that game. -10 yards at one point? the bengals converted on 2 4th downs that last drive. i know the defense is better than that. i just hope that this doesnt become a continuing problem for em. but look who's 2-2! we are in a whole lot better position than last week!

X-Terminator
10-05-2009, 01:20 AM
I think the Steelers win both games easily, and I'm not afraid to stick my neck out and say it. The Lions beat a pathetic Redskins team at home and got steamrolled by the Bears yesterday. The Clowns would have beaten the Bungles if someone on that team could tackle rather than let slow-ass Rosie Palmer run for 15 yards on 3rd and 11...and they were at home. The Steelers play them in Heinz. I like our chances.

revefsreleets
10-05-2009, 08:56 AM
The Lions and Browns simply lack any kind of weaponry in which to forge a 4th qtr comeback with. They are 2 of the 3 worst teams in the league ( KC is in the mix). Why it's laways POSSIBLE we could dump a trap game, I don't think Tomlin will "Cowher out" and do so...We'll win both these games, no problem...

Kvnfaber
10-05-2009, 08:56 AM
I could really go for a comfortable win without near heart attacks towards the end of the game thanks to us letting them back in it. Hopefully they take care of business like they should in the next few weeks.

Fire Haley
10-05-2009, 08:58 AM
I'd say we need at least a 65 pt lead to feel safe against the Lions in the 4th qtr

KeiselPower99
10-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Detroit will put up a good fight as they are still recovering from last years horrible season. A reason to worry though is Jum Schwrtz was the Titans DC last year. Reason to think we will win. Stafford is hurt Calvin Johnson is banged up and they are still the Lions. As for the Brownies. I actually think Anderson gives them hope. If yall want a reason not to overlook a team look back at 02 when we lost to the Houston. We dominated that game and didnt get a TD. I really believe when Troy comes back and our d gets it all together with the way our O is playing. Watch out. Its gonna be fun around here.

revefsreleets
10-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Derek Anderson is a career back-up hack. We'll sack him 5+ times, and he'll throw at least 2 picks.

markymarc
10-05-2009, 11:31 AM
I'd say we need at least a 65 pt lead to feel safe against the Lions in the 4th qtr

LOL. The way our defense is playing in 4th quarters I would agree.

tyler289
10-05-2009, 12:28 PM
As long as this team plays like it did in the first 2 quarters last night, few teams will beat us.

scsteeler
10-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Tomlin will not allow this team to overlook anyone. This Steeler team is poised to get better each week. This Steeler Defense will get better trust me. Also the Offense is going to be even better than we see now. I think Wallace is going to be a great player. Holmes has been double teamed a lot but Wallace has been making some great plays and by week 8 this team will be back to SB form.

Edman
10-05-2009, 01:13 PM
You'd think the 4th quarter last night and the weeks prior would teach posters here something.

Nothing is automatic with this Steelers team.

Jackal
10-05-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm surprised that anyone can be so assured about this team seeing as how they've been outscored 45-13 in the 4th quarter so far this year, and did just about everything they could to blow a 21-point lead last night and piss the game away.

Our offense is developing nicely, and looked great last night...against an injury-depleted Charger defense that, when healthy, still isn't one of the premier D's in the league. Special teams nearly killed us last night, but our D didn't help much, either. We need to keep the pressure and not fall back into an ineffective Prevent.

revefsreleets
10-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Again, the teams we're going up against lack the firepower necessary to MOUNT a 4th Qtr comeback. Sure a ball can be tipped this way or that, and we could have a 7 point swing against us or something, but we are SIGNIFICANTLY better than both these teams, and Tomlin is not Cowher. The Steelers will be up for these games...

Jackal
10-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Every Sunday has seemed like Opposite Day in Steeler Nation. We can pass, can't run, can't stop the pass or the run. We start strong, finish weak.

Anything's possible.