PDA

View Full Version : Relax!!!! The D will be fine!

KYsteelfan
10-05-2009, 12:20 AM
Well I was gonna try to post in the Dick Lebeau/ D thread but it was more about trying to calm down these whiners going on and on about how were the most terribly terrible D in the history of terribly terrible defenses. so i figured I would start a thread where we could have some real discussing about the defense.

THat being said, relax. were ok. I really truly believe that troy coming back will correct 90 percent of the problems. and when you look at the game today, they played great most of the game. that punt return goof up was a freak play that is one in a million. cant pin that one on the defense.

we shouldve had the hands team on the field for the onside. and besides that the ball hit him in the chest and he shouldve had it.

another thing, who burned us so bad? Gates. Who would have been on him? Troy. He wouldnt have let that happen.

i think most people are overlooking how big a piece of the D troy is. He is like the glue that holds it all together. so dont worry people. He will be back next week. and weve got Detroit and Cleveland. we got this.

tony hipchest
10-05-2009, 12:23 AM
troy.

he is important.

BlastFurnace
10-05-2009, 12:33 AM
Agree....the missing ingredient is Troy. It's that simple.

stillers4me
10-05-2009, 06:47 AM
Our Troy-less days are behind us. :applaudit:

solardave
10-05-2009, 07:12 AM
[QUOTE=KYsteelfan;673667]Well I was gonna try to post in the Dick Lebeau/ D thread but it was more about trying to calm down these whiners going on and on about how were the most terribly terrible D in the history of terribly terrible defenses. so i figured I would start a thread where we could have some real discussing about the defense.

THat being said, relax. were ok. I really truly believe that troy coming back will correct 90 percent of the problems. and when you look at the game today, they played great most of the game. that punt return goof up was a freak play that is one in a million. cant pin that one on the defense.

we shouldve had the hands team on the field for the onside. and besides that the ball hit him in the chest and he shouldve had it.

another thing, who burned us so bad? Gates. Who would have been on him? Troy. He wouldnt have let that happen.

I agree with everything you said except for calling the punt return a goof up.I've said this on here before and I still say it does not take any skill to hold a man up and strip the ball. If we had to do that to win a game I'd rather see us lose.It pisses me off to hear the announcers call that a Great Play! AT THE VERY LEAST IT'S HOLDING!!! 4 on one is not sportsmanship. It's the only area in the game today where holding,ganging up (not gang tackling because there is a difference) in not a penalty.
Here is the difference plain and simple. We gang tackle.Everyone on defense swarms to the ball to BRING THE MAN DOWN!!! We don't hold him up so we can STEAL THE BALL!!!! Besides his forward progress was stopped so the whistle should have blown. I'm not talking about putting a helmet on the ball and jarring it loose, or getting a hand in there and knocking it out. Where is the skill?

Hammer67
10-05-2009, 07:30 AM
I agree with everything you said except for calling the punt return a goof up.I've said this on here before and I still say it does not take any skill to hold a man up and strip the ball. If we had to do that to win a game I'd rather see us lose.It pisses me off to hear the announcers call that a Great Play! AT THE VERY LEAST IT'S HOLDING!!! 4 on one is not sportsmanship. It's the only area in the game today where holding,ganging up (not gang tackling because there is a difference) in not a penalty.

Here is the difference plain and simple. We gang tackle.Everyone on defense swarms to the ball to BRING THE MAN DOWN!!! We don't hold him up so we can STEAL THE BALL!!!! Besides his forward progress was stopped so the whistle should have blown. I'm not talking about putting a helmet on the ball and jarring it loose, or getting a hand in there and knocking it out. Where is the skill?

Um...actually, every coach I have ever had and the team I coach now, we always teach guys to go to the ball and strip (or punch) the ball in a situation like that.

The Chargers did what they were supposed to do and it was a good play. Logan should have gone down. But, I agree that forward progress was stopped, but, again, that isn't a scientific call...it's something the referees have to determine.

SteelerFanInATL
10-05-2009, 09:31 AM
I would say that Troy being out is not the problem. How do we get ahead during the last three games to have the other team comeback in the end. I did say comeback. If we are doing so bad why isn't the other getting ahead of us and ripping the Defense all game. I would have to say it is execution at the end of games.

fansince'76
10-05-2009, 09:36 AM
The Chargers did what they were supposed to do and it was a good play. Logan should have gone down. But, I agree that forward progress was stopped, but, again, that isn't a scientific call...it's something the referees have to determine.

Agreed - I just hope they don't try to legislate what "being down" means with a bunch of idiotic and ambiguous rules like they have for what constitutes a "football move" and a "completed pass." I still would think they would have blown their whistles on that one when his forward progress was obviously stopped in the name of "safety" - after all, they have outlawed wedge blocking on returns for the same reason.