PDA

View Full Version : Play Troy sparingly till after the bye

toughsticks87
10-05-2009, 01:31 AM
I'm not going to get ahead of myself, and say the next 2 games are easy Ws. But I feel as if we should only play Troy if we really need him. If we keep playing the way we are, we won't need him. Why try to risk something worse if we don't really need him for another 2-3 weeks? What do you guys think?

steelreserve
10-05-2009, 01:34 AM
I see no reason at all to play him next week, unless it's here and there to get the rust out. It sounded like he tried to make a go at coming back this week and wasn't ready. We don't need him making things worse against garbage teams that we should really beat anyway.

Mags87
10-05-2009, 01:59 AM
I see no reason at all to play him next week, unless it's here and there to get the rust out. It sounded like he tried to make a go at coming back this week and wasn't ready. We don't need him making things worse against garbage teams that we should really beat anyway.

i honestly think Troy is smart. im pretty sure if he comes back, it will be because HE thinks it is time to come back. who knows his body better than he does? if he thinks that he can play, let him play. its his starting role. i know that many players wanna play just because and will say that they are ok, but i think that Troy is different than most players :chuckle:

Preacher
10-05-2009, 02:09 AM

No team in the NFL is a garbage team. We can win or lose ANY game.

But as for Troy, you are absolutely right. I don't want him coming back for at least another 2 or 3 weeks, just make REAL SURE that knee is COMPLETELY SOLID before coming back onto the field!

Galax Steeler
10-05-2009, 04:28 AM
You can tell that we really miss him out there. I hope we get him back soon so we can get our defense where it needs to be.

Hammer Of The GODS
10-05-2009, 04:54 AM
Agreed, he should sit for the next 2 games but I would like to see him out there for the Vikings game. AP is a freak and Brett has been playing smart.

But if the Offensive philosophy stays the same ( keep the foot on the pedal ) and they don't get complacent with a touchdown lead then the Offense can make up for the Defense giving up big drives.

stlrtruck
10-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Let him dress but I agree use him on situational downs and let some of the other DBs get more playing time and experience that we'll need down the stretch and in to the playoffs to mix things up.

We all know what Troy can do and there's no need to rush him back and risk a more serious injury!

markymarc
10-05-2009, 10:32 AM
I would rather see Troy come back later than come back too soon and then we lose him for the season.

truesteelerfan
10-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Agreed, dress him, but use only in emergencies until the Vikes on October 25. Allow him to get some rust out (not that he appeared to have any while he played the Titans), but we'll need him then more than we do now.

Rick5895
10-05-2009, 10:40 AM
I agree with most of you, no play vs Lions, situational play vs the browns and ready for the vikings. After the bye we will need him vs Denver, as Clark likely will not make the trip

steelreserve
10-05-2009, 11:57 AM
No team in the NFL is a garbage team. We can win or lose ANY game.

Yeah, tell that to the Rams.

Steel_Bus_24
10-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah he shouldn't play if this thing is going to linger or get worse

We'll really need him late in the season, specifically against Baltimore