PDA

View Full Version : Logan

SteelStang
10-05-2009, 06:41 AM
This guy reminds me of a waterbug. Scatters around like crazy, but doesn't get anywhere. Looks more and more like A.R.E. every game. And hang onto the darn ball!!!!

Texasteel
10-05-2009, 07:38 AM
This guy reminds me of a waterbug. Scatters around like crazy, but doesn't get anywhere. Looks more and more like A.R.E. every game. And hang onto the darn ball!!!!

As long as a defensive player is aloud to hold a ball carrier up while 4 other players mug him this sort of thing is going to happen. I also thought that we started drives at the 30 that should have been started inside the 20. I'm not at all disappointed in Logan.

The_WARDen
10-05-2009, 07:40 AM
It's still too early to tell, he needs more time before we can tell what he is or isn't.

XxKnightxX
10-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Call me insane, but I found it to be the cutest thing ever when Logan Tackled Darren Sproles on that kickoff lol. It was like watching two pee weee football players collide, just to have 6 foot 5 monsters around him. hahaha

scsteeler
10-05-2009, 08:12 AM
I think Logan is doing fine. The Strip is something you can't totally blame him for when 4 or more guys hold you up and stop your forward progress nothing you can do.

I like Logan and think he is doing fine.

:tt::tt:

solardave
10-05-2009, 08:34 AM
As long as a defensive player is aloud to hold a ball carrier up while 4 other players mug him this sort of thing is going to happen. I also thought that we started drives at the 30 that should have been started inside the 20. I'm not at all disappointed in Logan.

Thank You!!!! Texas. This should be a penalty instead of being called a Great Play!!
I guess when he finally breaks one the critics will be silent. I like what he brings.The chargers have pretty good special teams coverage, and we still had good field position.
If you're gonna whine just keep moving, nothing to see here.

steelpride12
10-05-2009, 08:36 AM
We win the game and still people make bashing threads. That was his 4th regular season start ever. He has many to go. Relax.

solardave
10-05-2009, 08:36 AM
Call me insane, but I found it to be the cutest thing ever when Logan Tackled Darren Sproles on that kickoff lol. It was like watching two pee weee football players collide, just to have 6 foot 5 monsters around him. hahaha

I don't know if I'd call it cute but it was comical.

SteelerFanInStl
10-05-2009, 08:37 AM
I think Logan is doing fine. The Strip is something you can't totally blame him for when 4 or more guys hold you up and stop your forward progress nothing you can do.

:iagree: Logan is doing well with what he's being given. He's not exactly getting a lot of blocking out there. The strip was just a ridiculous lack of a whistle. Forward progress was stopped way before he was stripped of the ball.

SteelerFanInATL
10-05-2009, 08:38 AM

I agree, he is doing fine. For those of us old enough to remember this same type of play happened to us in a SB against Dallas when Hollywood Henderson stripped the ball and ran for a TD. Remember Logan is about 150lbs soaking wet out the shower. Three people holding him up would be not too hard. As soon as he takes one to Da House everone will forget about it.

arge5809
10-05-2009, 09:07 AM

:thud: :doh:

Logan has been averaging 125 return yards a game on kickoffs. We have not had anyone giving us this kind of good field position in a long time!

Give the guy a break on the strip... it should have been whistled a dead play.

:borg: :tt03:

SteelStang
10-05-2009, 09:51 AM
C'mon people, if we would have done that to Sproles everyone would be saying what a great play it was. Give the 'bolts credit for a good play. Should the whistle have blown? Absolutely, but as they say, "play until you hear the whistle."

It was a risky punt to be returning anyway.

Also, let's remember that Logan had a great pre-season against some special teamers that aren't even on rosters now. With that said, Logan is definitely an improvement, but I would just like to see the guy pick a hole and hit it.

BlastFurnace
10-05-2009, 10:12 AM
I think Logan has been ok. The problem is that he spoiled us in the last 2 preaseason games.

After thinking about it this morning, I think he's been pretty good.

truesteelerfan
10-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Logan is our best returner we've had in a while. The potential we all saw in the preseason is still there, its just that the other teams have seen it also by now, so they have a plan to stop him. I still think he'll break one or two this year. Much happier with him returning kickoffs than I ever was with Davenport or whoever returned punts before Santonio.

Kvnfaber
10-05-2009, 10:55 AM
He's 8th in the entire NFL in Kick Return average, I'll take that over bottom 3 in the league with big slow oafs running them back.

He's an upgrade in Field position, and he will take one back this year at some point.

LVSteelersfan
10-05-2009, 11:03 AM
No problems here with Logan. I just remember the lackluster efforts of our kick returners (other than Santonio) over the past couple years and am grateful to have someone who is not stopped dead in his tracks every time he catches the ball. Fumbles happen to everyone and that one was suspect at best. That onside kick is the one that makes me see red. That fumble never should have occurred with a hands team in there.

Rick5895
10-05-2009, 11:06 AM
I like Logan as well, I watched him the CFL last season but that is his second fumble this season, yes I know he was held up and all that. Logan has to be aware when to fight for yards and when to just go down. Up 28-7 in the 4th is not the time to fight for a couple of extra yards. I said it on another post, maybe Wallace should be given the odd kick return and punt return. Logan will be outstanding as he gets more used to the field size. The waterbug act works on the larger CFL field. It's more dfficult in the NFL with a smaller field and faster players.

SteelGhost
10-05-2009, 11:07 AM
C'mon people, if we would have done that to Sproles everyone would be saying what a great play it was. Give the 'bolts credit for a good play. Should the whistle have blown? Absolutely, but as they say, "play until you hear the whistle."

It was a risky punt to be returning anyway.

Also, let's remember that Logan had a great pre-season against some special teamers that aren't even on rosters now. With that said, Logan is definitely an improvement, but I would just like to see the guy pick a hole and hit it.

I agree.

It was a great play by the Chargers ST ... and a lack of whiste, lol.

Stefan is fine, sooner or later we will take the ball to the house :thumbsup:

RoethlisBURGHer
10-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Isn't our average starting position after a kickoff the 30 yard line?

I remember a lot of drives the last few years starting inside the 20 because we had guys like Carey Davis and Najeh Davenport returning kicks.

And as for the strip returned for a TD last night, I chock that up to the refs failure to whistle the play dead and a good hustle by the Chargers special teams playing to the whistle.

Steely McSmash
10-05-2009, 12:10 PM
He's doing great.

He's had an inpact on coverage as well. Way to embrace the opportunity!.

MACH1
10-05-2009, 12:12 PM
He's been very good. No fumbles, leaves us with good starting positions and he's been making plays on coverage. Other than the strip , which could happen to anybody, he hasn't made any bad mistakes.

I'd rather average starting at the 30 instead of the 15.

Rek
10-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Stefan Logan is the best return man we've had in a LOOOONNNGGGG time.

Thanks to the media, everybody expects a good return man to pop 1-2 run-backs for TDs per game, when in reality, 1 or 2 a season is FANTASTIC.

fansince'76
10-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks to the media, everybody expects a good return man to pop 1-2 run-backs for TDs per game, when in reality, 1 or 2 a season is FANTASTIC.

This.

zsheik22
10-05-2009, 12:28 PM
It's better that his learning experiences are coming through when we're winning. People need time to learn the game and this is a big learning experience for him in the NFL.

He'll be fine. I bet you next time he knows to put himself on the ground :p

solardave
10-05-2009, 12:50 PM
I agree.

It was a great play by the Chargers ST ... and a lack of whiste, lol.

Stefan is fine, sooner or later we will take the ball to the house :thumbsup:

Hell, why don't they allow ST players to punch the guy in the throat, kick him in the nads. Great play my ass!!! it's not Logan's fault they have a stupid rule. I'm all for smashmouth football but ganging up has no place in Professional sports. IT TAKES NO SKILL. I think it's cowardly!!!! Something punks do.

SteelGhost
10-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Hell, why don't they allow ST players to punch the guy in the throat, kick him in the nads. Great play my ass!!! it's not Logan's fault they have a stupid rule. I'm all for smashmouth football but ganging up has no place in Professional sports. IT TAKES NO SKILL. I think it's cowardly!!!! Something punks do.

Ok Dave, we agree it's not Stefan's fault as I said, the refs ate up their whistles, so the Chargers continued the play and scored a TD. A bad call for sure, but San Diego's ST did what they supposed to do :noidea:

Go Stefan ! :tt02:

HometownGal
10-05-2009, 02:16 PM
I have no problem at all with Logan. He brings excitement to the return game that we haven't seen in quite a while and has done an awesome job thus far imho. :thumbsup:

sharkweek
10-05-2009, 02:24 PM
my favorite moment from the Chargers game was one return where he was brought down but he kept churning his legs and it made him sort of spin on the ground :chuckle:

TheWarDen86
10-05-2009, 02:25 PM
I have no problem at all with Logan. He brings excitement to the return game that we haven't seen in quite a while and has done an awesome job thus far imho. :thumbsup:

Me either. He learned a lesson last night and aside from that .... :poop: happens.
:coffee:

Texasteel
10-05-2009, 02:45 PM

And he will only get better.:chuckle:

Galax Steeler
10-05-2009, 02:45 PM
I am going to say within the next couple of weeks he will take one to the house. It seems like he is on verge everytime and someone barley trips him up. I don't think it will be much longer.

tmacsteelerfan
10-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Logan has definitely been doing much better on kickoff returns then punts... I say we try Mike Wallace back there on a couple punts see how he spares

stillers4me
10-05-2009, 05:42 PM
my favorite moment from the Chargers game was one return where he was brought down but he kept churning his legs and it made him sort of spin on the ground :chuckle:

Bugs do that when you flip them on their back. :chuckle:

Seriously, I 'm thrilled to have him in black and gold. :thumbsup:

MarsRover
10-05-2009, 07:00 PM
I really look forward to kick returns and punt returns now. Like so many have said before, it just seems a matter of time before he breaks one loose.

tony hipchest
10-05-2009, 09:55 PM
after further review it actually appears that jacob hester "goosed" logan in the nether anal region right before he "coughed" up the ball for a TD.

i guess all is fair in love and war. :noidea:

Preacher
10-05-2009, 10:09 PM

That WAS hilarous.

Kvnfaber
10-06-2009, 08:32 AM
That WAS hilarous.

It was like the only things touching the ground were his feet and his helmet while he was churning. Are you down if your helmet hits the ground?

SteelStang
10-06-2009, 08:54 AM
If he is going to run one back this could be the week. Lions special teams is horrible.

steelpride12
10-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Why does everyone expect this kid to return every return he takes to the house? This kid is a beast and def. giving us greater field position than the last few seasons, but we must not get all worked up when he makes a mistake or does not return it for a TD. He will.