PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Thoughts 2009 Week 4 – Chargers

redundantman
10-05-2009, 08:09 AM
1. Whatsherface might look prettier than Hank Willim Jr. as she tries to sing that crappy Sunday Night Football theme song but she sure moves clumsy.

2. I’m watching this in game HD … Al Michaels looks OLD … Collinsworth looks like a Q-tip.

3. Pink everywhere … isn’t that awesome? I’m so glad that everyone cares so much about breast cancer that it motivates them to wear something pink. Clearly their pink-wearing ways are making a difference because there sure is a lot of pink in this football game.

4. First drive …. Big passes … great protection from the line … offensive domination. Here we go again …

5. Mendenhall was running hard. It was good to see. Perhaps this will give him some confidence.

6. The Steelers drive the opening kickoff for a TD. The Chargers respond with a 3 and out … or was it the Steelers’ Defense responding to last week’s 4th quarter performance with a 3 and out?

7. Mewelde Moore in for the second TD. The offense appears to be especially focused.

8. Dang the defensive coordinator for San Diego looked pissed! Did you see that shot of him on the sidelines tearing his people up after the Steelers hung 14 on them?

9. Yep … another hot offensive start … another hot defensive start … we’re so screwed. Another quarter of football that appears to indicate that the Steelers are unbeatable. 15 Minute Men?

10. 11 minutes into the 2nd Mendenhall makes an awesome block on a blitz pickup. The dude didn’t even try to get up.

11. Ben takes two sacks in a row.

12. Ike Taylor couldn’t catch a cold … wait a minute … has anyone seen Limas Sweed today?

13. Ben seemed to be going to Miller a lot. Miller plays a position called “tight-end”. Formerly known as “our extra blocker” by Steelers staff.

14. Going for it on 4th! Gutsy play. And the line actually got a push. The offense is rolling … We are so screwed.

15. Strange thing about Mendenhall … he doesn’t immediately flop over after running directly into the line. Is he allowed to do that? Is Will Parker aware of this running strategy?

16. Miller fumbles into the end zone … the ball was stripped. The Chargers were actively trying to strip the ball all game long. I am surprised that Mendenhall didn’t put it on the ground.

17. 22:20 – 6:20 TOP in first half! There’s no way we can win this game.

18. At the end of the half Timmons indicated to the referee that Gates had pushed him on a pass play … Lawrence, get a clue there buddy. You will NEVER get a call against Gates. But good pass defensed on that 3rd and 2.

19. The shot of Tomlin talking to the refs at the end of the half, what do you think he was saying?

20. Andrea Kramer quoted Tomlin about Mendenhall’s “incomplete body of work” to this point. I agree. I hope the team realizes that there are still 2 more quarters to play.

21. Did you hear Collinsowrth early in the second half mention that the Steelers had problems with the Steelers last week?

22. The Steelers are firing on all cylinders tonight. Half of the 3rd quarter gone. I can’t take it anymore. WHEN are they going to start choking it up?

23. Geesh … I thought the Chargers’ Defense was better than this.

24. Norv Turner has a Steelers roster sheet? They showed a shot of Turner on the sideline and he appeared to be holding a sheet of paper with “Pittsburgh Steelers” at the top and a list of something.

25. 1:33 in the 3rd the Chargers finally get on the board with a TD by Gates. And now the game finally starts.

26. Don’t you just love the way Ward deliberately takes on tacklers on his YAC?

27. 90 seconds and 67 yards later the Chargers are hanging in there. Here …

28. And the onside kick is successful. We …

29. And another 7 points! Can you say “trainwreck boys and girls? Go …

30. Stay in bounds Santonio! Dang! Again …

31. Big 3rd and inches … 1st down! Chris K is down.

32. Improbable soundbites #240 from Al Michaels: “A break for San Diego … Kemouatu is out of the game.”

33. Jeff Reed ices it.

34. And Harrison follows suit.

35. Perspective is an important thing. What is the perspective on this game? Well … the Steelers were kicking off to the Chargers with a 10 point lead with 60 seconds left in the game and I was nervous. What we’ve learned this past week is that the Steelers’ defensive woes have been the ONLY consistency this team has displayed so far this year. The reason the Chargers lost is because they stupidly tried to keep establishing the run. Why any team would do anything other than throw on this Steelers team from here on out is beyond me.

revefsreleets
10-05-2009, 09:04 AM
21. Did you hear Collinsowrth early in the second half mention that the Steelers had problems with the Steelers last week?

Ironically,he may have had a great point...

redundantman
10-05-2009, 09:17 AM

Truly disturbing isn't it?

The_WARDen
10-05-2009, 09:20 AM

what do they say about the blind rat?

CanadianSteel
10-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Always enjoy your thoughts redundant..... very funny yet true....

SuperSteelers
10-05-2009, 10:11 AM

How can we take him seriously when he puts Brees ahead of Ben?:blah:

redundantman
10-05-2009, 10:20 AM
How can we take him seriously when he puts Brees ahead of Ben?:blah:
Just look at all the super Bowls Brees has won ... uh, played in ... uh ... watched?

revefsreleets
10-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Actually, I think Brees is the best QB in the NFL right now...then Manning, then Ben...and I'm not sure about 2 and 3, since Manning is immobile...

redundantman
10-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Always enjoy your thoughts redundant..... very funny yet true....

Many thanks!

ohiosteel
10-05-2009, 11:36 AM
3. Pink everywhere … isn’t that awesome? I’m so glad that everyone cares so much about breast cancer that it motivates them to wear something pink. Clearly their pink-wearing ways are making a difference because there sure is a lot of pink in this football game..

Per Oberman in the pregame...This is Breast Awareness Week.

LVSteelersfan
10-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Pink. This is football. We don't want no stinkin' pink. I am always the captain for our Parrot Head Susan Komen walk, so I have nothing against the drive to continue on the fight against breast cancer. But football players wearing pink is just so wrong.

redundantman
10-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Per Oberman in the pregame...This is Breast Awareness Week.What are these "breasts" of which you speak?