PDA

View Full Version : And the subject is...toilet paper

MACH1
10-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Apparently now we're supposed to be using fallen leaves? From the Washington Post article Environmentalists Seek to Wipe Out Plush Toilet Paper: (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/23/AR2009092304711.html?wpisrc=newsletter)

It is a fight over toilet paper: the kind that is blanket-fluffy and getting fluffier so fast that manufacturers are running out of synonyms for "soft" (Quilted Northern Ultra Plush is the first big brand to go three-ply and three-adjective).

It's a menace, environmental groups say -- and a dark-comedy example of American excess.

fansince'76
10-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Aw, c'mon - do we really want to deprive the bears that way?

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/2331-charminBear.jpg

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

revefsreleets
10-05-2009, 01:19 PM
IF they manage to win this battle, it'll just catch on in an emerging market. They don't use TP in India (Totally serious...they use bidets I guess, but no TP...I've heard from SEVERAL people you have to be careful which hand you shake when you greet an Indian).

Anyway, these kooks just keep pushing and pushing and pushing...soon they'll be screaming that by breathing we're killing "The innocent microbes".

KeiselPower99
10-05-2009, 01:23 PM
IF they manage to win this battle, it'll just catch on in an emerging market. They don't use TP in India (Totally serious...they use bidets I guess, but no TP...I've heard from SEVERAL people you have to be careful which hand you shake when you greet an Indian).

Anyway, these kooks just keep pushing and pushing and pushing...soon they'll be screaming that by breathing we're killing "The innocent microbes".

Im sure that is the next thing they complain about.

MACH1
10-05-2009, 02:04 PM
they use bidets

But that uses more water and puts more stress on our sewer and water treatment facilities! :rolleyes:

revefsreleets
10-05-2009, 02:48 PM
I doubt the lower castes even have access...I was in no way implying that they were more eco-friendly, simply that they are still so relatively poor that TP is an out-of-reach luxury...

IF the eco terrorists manage a win what with the Pelosi's and Obama's in charge, the TP moguls will just find a new emerging market (kind of like the tobacco industry did) to exploit. Maybe it makes these lunatics feel better if 300 million Americans aren't cutting down trees to wipe their asses, but they can't stop 1.2 BILLION Indians from doing so...and that's EXACTLY what will happen if they stop US from buying the good stuff. The TP market will triple their de-forestation and expand into a new market where no one gives a shit about the trees.

Prime example of misguided "good intentions" doing more harm then good...and a microcosm of why liberalism's naivety almost always results in a net failure for everyone involved.

devilsdancefloor
10-05-2009, 02:53 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/141vd5h.jpg

here ya go! who needs TP!

kittenfantastico76
10-05-2009, 04:55 PM
maybe we just need to go to the tree huggers door step and squat there and not use toilet paper but their welcome mat... I think that will send a very vivid message, don't you?

MACH1
10-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Recycle it, use both sides. :chuckle:

beSteelmyheart
10-05-2009, 05:54 PM
maybe we just need to go to the tree huggers door step and squat there and not use toilet paper but their welcome mat... I think that will send a very vivid message, don't you?

This post brings to mind a memory of seeing a wad of toilet paper that someone left behind after taking care of business in the hollow of a Redwood tree...I'll never forget it! Californian environmentalists are so hypocrytical & full of shit-California has some of the dirtiest roadways I've ever seen, second only to the New York area but I digress...
People are jumping on the Green bandwagon like it's the latest fad diet or something & I'm beyond sick of these people. True conservatives already know how to make do with less.
I kind of like Scott tissue-1000 sheets per roll, baby, that's the best deal on the market!:thumbsup:

SCSTILLER
10-06-2009, 06:19 AM
Great bumper sticker I saw one day:

"If you are against logging, try using plastic toilet paper"