PDA

View Full Version : How do you grade each area?

Steeldude
10-05-2009, 02:20 PM
you can either hand out the grade or offer a short analysis to go along with it.

QB - A+: not much to say. pretty much perfect.

RB - A: mendenhall ran strong and did not hesitate. he showed very good vision. moore was clutch, as usual. i didn't really notice it, but i heard legursky gave a great block for a goal line TD. davis recovered miller's fumble to save the TD drive.

WR/TE - A-: miller had a fumble, but i think he knee was down. ward had a drop and did holmes. still a good performance by the unit. mcdonald made a good catch, but it was taken away by a holding penalty.

OL - A: opened huge holes all day. kemo was crushing everyone. sure there were a few mistakes, but overall it was a very good performance.

DL - B-: not oustanding, but above average.

LB - B: some coverage problems, but overall a good outing.

DB - B-: gates chewed up the secondary(and LBs). taylor played the best out the unit. gay was burned on a play but the WR(don't know who) dropped it, but he made a good play to break up a TD pass.

ST - C+: a fumble can never yield an "A". mundy muffed the on-side kick. reed made a clutch 46-yarder to help seal the game.

offense overall - A: arians did well. the offense was clicking all night.

defense overall - B-: IMO, lebeau needs to pick better disguised blitzes. what was harrison doing covering gates that far down field? the defense needs to play better in the 4th quarter. the steelers allowed two quick scoring drives(4 plays 67 yards and 3 plays 54 yards) in the 4th. i think i am being generous with the B-.

this is just my meaningless take on the game. i am sure most of the grades are very debatable.

BlastFurnace
10-05-2009, 02:33 PM
you can either hand out the grade or offer a short analysis to go along with it.

RB - A: mendenhall ran strong and did not hesitate. he showed very good vision. moore was clutch, as usual. i didn't really notice it, but i heard legursky gave a great block for a goal line TD. davis recovered miller's fumble to save the TD drive.

WR/TE - A-: miller had a fumble, but i think he knee was down. ward had a drop and did holmes. still a good performance by the unit. mcdonald made a good catch, but it was taken away by a holding penalty.

OL - A: opened huge holes all day. kemo was crushing everyone. sure there were a few mistakes, but overall it was a very good performance.

DB - B-: gates chewed up the secondary(and LBs). taylor played the best out the unit. gay was burned on a play but the WR(don't know who) dropped it, but he made a good play to break up a TD pass.

ST - C+: a fumble can never yield an "A". mundy muffed the on-side kick. reed made a clutch 46-yarder to help seal the game.

defense overall - B-: IMO, lebeau needs to pick better disguised blitzes. what was harrison doing covering gates that far down field? the defense needs to play better in the 4th quarter. the steelers allowed two quick scoring drives(4 plays 67 yards and 3 plays 54 yards) in the 4th. i think i am being generous with the B-.

this is just my meaningless take on the game. i am sure most of the grades are very debatable.

QB - A+: Best I have seen him play in a game.

RB - A+: I want to see this again next week.

WR/TE - A-: Again....other than the Hines drop, they were always open.

OL - A: I have felt t his group has been playing this well all year. Nice to see them get some recognition.

DL - B-: This is a consistent bunch. They occupy blockers to free up our LB'ers.

LB - C: I felt Harrison and Farrior had really nice games. Woodley is getting his game back as far as rushing....he's getting closer. I'm not seeing it yet with Timmons, but he may still be hurt.

DB - C: They had an A before the 4th QTR. They have got to play 60 minutes.

ST - C: Coverage units deserve an A on Sproles. Return Game gets a C. Onside kick coverage gets an F.

offense overall - A: Best game by this bunch in a very long time.

defense overall - C: Another 4th QTR meltdown. No, it's not their fault for the onside kick, but the ease in which the Chargers marched down the field is.

KeiselPower99
10-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Offense:A
Defense: B
ST: D

I really dont blame Logan for the fumble when you have 5 guys on ya its kinda hard to do anything. There should have been a whistle blown to end the play before the fumble. Mundy muffed the onside kick and those 2 plays equaled out 14 for the Chargers. Without them its still an ass whoopin. We are getting better each week and I expect the next game to see more improvement.

Christian Snyder
10-05-2009, 03:23 PM
QB- A+

RB- A+

WR/TE- A

OL- B+

LB- B-

DL- B

DB- C+ (maybe a B-)

ST: C

Offense overall- A

Defense overall- A-

revefsreleets
10-05-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm shocked at all the A's and B's from a typically "Debbie Downer" type poster...Kudo's!

Sharkissle29
10-05-2009, 03:43 PM
QB - A+: Best I have seen him play in a game.

RB - A+: I want to see this again next week.

WR/TE - A-: Again....other than the Hines drop, they were always open.

OL - A: I have felt t his group has been playing this well all year. Nice to see them get some recognition.

DL - B-: This is a consistent bunch. They occupy blockers to free up our LB'ers.

LB - C: I felt Harrison and Farrior had really nice games. Woodley is getting his game back as far as rushing....he's getting closer. I'm not seeing it yet with Timmons, but he may still be hurt.

DB - C: They had an A before the 4th QTR. They have got to play 60 minutes.

ST - C: Coverage units deserve an A on Sproles. Return Game gets a C. Onside kick coverage gets an F.

offense overall - A: Best game by this bunch in a very long time.

defense overall - C: Another 4th QTR meltdown. No, it's not their fault for the onside kick, but the ease in which the Chargers marched down the field is.

ESPN actually just did a segment on the O-line and showed them opening up holes for mendy.

Now when was the last time we saw that??? Great performance by the O-line, kemo especially

AllD
10-05-2009, 04:10 PM
STs got outcoached by the Dolts. They need to be prepared for all situations. Easy to do just before kicking.

Reed came through and Sepulvida is the best punter in the NFL.

Steeldude
10-05-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm shocked at all the A's and B's from a typically "Debbie Downer" type poster...Kudo's!

what?:eek: you aren't getting angry and crying about a "B". maybe now you will stop selectively reading people's posts

revefsreleets
10-06-2009, 12:24 PM
what?:eek: you aren't getting angry and crying about a "B". maybe now you will stop selectively reading people's posts

And maybe you'll actually learn something about football by reading mine...

The grades are too high, actually, for several things, but I don't want to rain on the more sensitive and generally grouchy peoples parade. Every Steelers win results in too many A's and B's, and every Steelers loss results in too many D's and F's. It's a combination of the fickle nature if fans coupled with their general ignorance of the nuances of the game...

Steeldude
10-06-2009, 09:35 PM
I don't want to rain on the more sensitive and generally grouchy peoples parade

:toofunny: only person i seeing crying on a continual basis is you. you are like a woman on her period.

And maybe you'll actually learn something about football by reading mine

most, if not all, of your posts offer nothing but lemming-like comments and self-absorbed nonsense. we all know your MO. it's never question anything and the coaches are ALWAYS right.

Steelboy84
10-06-2009, 10:07 PM

QB- A

RB- B +

WR/TE- A

OL- B

DL- B-

LB-B +

DB- B-

ST- A

offense overall- B

defense overall- B-

HometownGal
10-06-2009, 10:41 PM
I really dont blame Logan for the fumble when you have 5 guys on ya its kinda hard to do anything. There should have been a whistle blown to end the play before the fumble.

I saw the Packers do the same thing to Adrian Peterson last night. It's ridiculous and the NFL needs to take a hard look at this.

I didn't see the entire game so I can't honestly critique each area, but from what I saw and looking at the overall stats, Ben and Mendy get an A+, the OL gets a B+ (without the sacks, I would have given them an A), the D overall had an A up to the 4Q which quickly disintegrated into a D- in that last 15 minutes. Guys - you gotta play 60 minutes of football, not let up when our O has a sizeable lead. :banging:

revefsreleets
10-07-2009, 06:45 PM
:toofunny: only person i seeing crying on a continual basis is you. you are like a woman on her period.

most, if not all, of your posts offer nothing but lemming-like comments and self-absorbed nonsense. we all know your MO. it's never question anything and the coaches are ALWAYS right.

Lame attempts at personal attacks aside, your ignorance of the game is only overshadowed by your acute lack of reading comprehension and ability to either absorb or synthesize any new knowledge regarding it. You literally crack me up.... you are so absolutely positive you already know everything about football that you miss the opportunity to actually ever learn anything new about it. That'd be fine if the game was stuck in whatever year you became a self-professed football savant, but unfortunately for you and your ilk, the game evolves and moves on.

"Woodley is slow"...still can't stop chuckling at that one...you're a comedy goldmine, please never change!

At least guys like El-Gonzo can debate about the actual workings and X's and O's of the game, and I've read him actually admit to being wrong once or twice...you....well....I'll be nice and say not so much.