PDA

View Full Version : Mendy only got 97 yards that counted

Preacher
10-05-2009, 06:17 PM
See... 68 of Mendy's 165 yards were on 3 big plays... 14 yards and over.

Since we are supposed to count how good a RB is only by his short runs... Mendy only got 97 yards or so yesterday.

Why are so excited about 97 yards???

:chuckle:

tony hipchest
10-05-2009, 06:19 PM
arians shoulda called for shorter runs so the yards woulda counted.

Preacher
10-05-2009, 06:20 PM
arians shoulda called for shorter runs so the yards woulda counted.

But he sucks! Why would he do that? :chuckle:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
10-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Well Parker rushed for 93 total last week, so I'll take the 97. Personally, I see Parker's career going the same as Barry Foster's. Just look at the numbers of each and you'll see what I mean.

steelreserve
10-05-2009, 06:30 PM
But ... but ... Mendenhall doesn't have that "big play" ability. I thought nobody but Parker had that. Right?

Preacher
10-05-2009, 06:33 PM
But ... but ... Mendenhall doesn't have that "big play" ability. I thought nobody but Parker had that. Right?

Nope... Seems like Mendy has only big play ability. he can't even rush for 100 yards without big plays!

Other that that, he gets -5 yards, 2 yards, 2 yards.. then 10 yards, then 9 yards, then back to 2 yards. Then 5 yards.

We need someone that can get 4-6 yards EVERY CARRY!!!!!!!!!

BRING ON REDMOND!

:wink02:

NJarhead
10-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Bad Preacher. Bad!

steelreserve
10-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Nope... Seems like Mendy has only big play ability. he can't even rush for 100 yards without big plays!

Other that that, he gets -5 yards, 2 yards, 2 yards.. then 10 yards, then 9 yards, then back to 2 yards. Then 5 yards.

We need someone that can get 4-6 yards EVERY CARRY!!!!!!!!!

BRING ON REDMOND!

:wink02:

You know, you may be on to something. Parker goes 0, 0, -1, 0, -2, 0, but Mendenhall is all over the place. Parker is the much more consistent back this year.

Preacher
10-05-2009, 06:40 PM
You know, you may be on to something. Parker goes 0, 0, -1, 0, -2, 0, but Mendenhall is all over the place. Parker is the much more consistent back this year.

Wow... I would hate to see your checkbook if you think that 0, -1, 0, -2, 0, equals 93 (as it did against the Bengals).

Bounce checks much?

tmacsteelerfan
10-05-2009, 06:43 PM
but now we have a distinct look at how good Mendy can be.
and with Willie at 100% and Moore comin in on 3rd Downs, we could be lookin like the Giants with our RBs, 3 different looks

Preacher
10-05-2009, 06:46 PM
and with Willie at 100% and Moore comin in on 3rd Downs, we could be lookin like the Giants with our RBs, 3 different looks

That is EXACTLY what I want to see.

If we come up against a team that loads up the box.. send in Mendy to hit em hard.. wear em out. THen send in Willie to blow right past them.

If we come up against a team that loads up for the pass with lots of zone... send in Willie to hit 20 yard runs before the zone can get back to him... then put Mendy out there the crank on them when they start loading the box to stop the run.

Mix in lots of pass plays on top of it.

Preacher
10-05-2009, 06:48 PM
'Cuz 97 yards of in-yo-face running is Steelers running. :tt02:
I could give a d*&n about "big play" ability. We need someone who can sustain drives, convert 3rd and 3, wear down the defense, and chew up the clock.
This was a great running day for us, but keep in mind that it was against San Diego.

Not only was it against SD. BUt it was the first our line played like a Pittsburgh Steeler line since 2005. Again, I think all three of our RB's would have had a very good day yesterday if they had the chance (and were healthy).

The BIG knock on Willie right now isn't his running, its his health. As I said before, IMO, Memo should be the starter now, with Willie splitting carries with him.

SteelC7
10-05-2009, 08:05 PM
i hope u ppl are all joking, who cares if he gained 97 yds besides the big plays?!?! big plays are part of the game u fools, stop dissecting wat we should all be celebrating, which is that mendenhall finally played well, lets see if he continues this

ricksteelers55
10-05-2009, 08:23 PM
That is EXACTLY what I want to see.

If we come up against a team that loads up the box.. send in Mendy to hit em hard.. wear em out. THen send in Willie to blow right past them.

If we come up against a team that loads up for the pass with lots of zone... send in Willie to hit 20 yard runs before the zone can get back to him... then put Mendy out there the crank on them when they start loading the box to stop the run.

Mix in lots of pass plays on top of it.

that is how I would attack it personally.When we play against very good run D like the Ravens,Titans or let's say Vikings...I would give Mendenhall most of the carries,then when the other team is tired you bring in Willie's fresh legs.Doesnt mean it will be like yesterday but we could be better than 46 yds overall with all our RB(see week 1)

And also for Willie i think it could save his career.Having a workhorse like Mendy would help Willie staying healthy cause he wouldnt carry the load 20 times a game.Moore is of course a reliable option on 3rd downs or if someone goes down.

BTW,am I the only one who was totally happy to see Carey Davis back yesterday ?

Preacher
10-05-2009, 08:33 PM
i hope u ppl are all joking, who cares if he gained 97 yds besides the big plays?!?! big plays are part of the game u fools, stop dissecting wat we should all be celebrating, which is that mendenhall finally played well, lets see if he continues this

Trust me... sarcasm

Preacher
10-05-2009, 08:35 PM
that is how I would attack it personally.When we play against very good run D like the Ravens,Titans or let's say Vikings...I would give Mendenhall most of the carries,then when the other team is tired you bring in Willie's fresh legs.Doesnt mean it will be like yesterday but we could be better than 46 yds overall with all our RB(see week 1)

And also for Willie i think it could save his career.Having a workhorse like Mendy would help Willie staying healthy cause he wouldnt carry the load 20 times a game.Moore is of course a reliable option on 3rd downs or if someone goes down.

BTW,am I the only one who was totally happy to see Carey Davis back yesterday ?

Exactly, exactly and nope... I was happy to see him back too.

Again, I am not in love with Davis. But I did see him doing what was asked in the preseason.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-05-2009, 08:53 PM
its amazing what one game does for a guy

Preacher
10-05-2009, 09:05 PM
its amazing what one game does for a guy

Too true. Too true.

GridironWarrior
10-05-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm gonna go out a limb and say Mendy is the first back to hit 100 against the Ravens this year.

Preacher
10-05-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm gonna go out a limb and say Mendy is the first back to hit 100 against the Ravens this year.

I'll double up on that and say Mendy AND WILLIE will both hit one hundred!!!

(yeah, I am dreaming.. but hey, why not?)

solardave
10-06-2009, 04:23 AM

Turf, Wind, and Fizzle? I'd rather have our own identity. Not like the Titans with Ass and Dash!

Dino 6 Rings
10-07-2009, 01:10 PM
God I missed this forum so much...

Preach...you made me SNORT with the start of this one!!!

SteelMember
10-07-2009, 02:30 PM
See... 68 of Mendy's 165 yards were on 3 big plays... 14 yards and over.

Since we are supposed to count how good a RB is only by his short runs... Mendy only got 97 yards or so yesterday.

Why are so excited about 97 yards???

:buttkick: :chuckle:

Consistently ZERO. Wait, that's your line. :laughing:

I think Tomlin has this all worked out. This is a contract year for Willie, so if we can limit his touches by splitting carries, that will bring his yardage and TD's down so his numbers look really bad and no one will want to sign him to a free agent contract. We'll get him for cheap! Tomlin is a genius.

scsteeler
10-07-2009, 02:42 PM
:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: