PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger talks the talk at WWE event

mesaSteeler
10-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Roethlisberger talks the talk at WWE event
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_646637.html#
By The Tribune-Review

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Big Ben did a lot of talking, but no wrestling in his off-day appearance at Monday Night Raw last night.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger laid the verbal smack down as guest host of World Wrestling Entertainment's cable television show that was broadcast live last night from Wilkes-Barre.

Since Roethlisberger's involvement with the wrestling show was announced last week, his participation was questioned because it came in the middle of the Steelers' season. But Monday is the players' day off, and Big Ben used the occasion to take his offensive linemen with him to Wilkes-Barre.

Max Starks, Willie Colon, Trai Essex, Justin Hartwig, Chris Kemoeatu and injured lineman Darnell Stapleton helped their quarterback fend off a challenge by the Big Show and Chris Jericho midway through the two-hour scripted program.

Roethlisberger was standing in the ring and talking to fans when he was interrupted by the two wrestlers, who questioned the offensive line's size and toughness. Roethlisberger summoned the six linemen to the ring, and they crouched into a three-point stance and prepared to help Big Ben run a "quarterback sneak" against the wrestlers.

Jericho and the Big Show quickly exited the ring before any contact was made.:chuckle:

In another segment, Roethlisberger engaged in some verbal jousting with The Miz and introduced a "Diva Bowl" matchup between the organization's female wrestlers.

Roethlisberger was introduced at the outset of the show to the sound of the Monday Night Football theme song. He was greeted by a smattering of boos from the pro-Philadelphia crowd and acknowledged there were Eagles fans in the arena. He also acknowledged the Steelers fans in attendance and proclaimed that everyone was united in being WWE Raw fans.

The show ended with Roethlisberger and the linemen celebrating in the ring with Shawn Michaels and Triple H, who defeated the Big Show and Jericho in a tag-team match. The Steelers helped Michaels and Triple H win the match by forming a human wall that kept Jericho from fleeing the exit ramp.

WWE did run two commercials plugging Roethlisberger's charitable foundation: www.bigben7.com.

The Tribune-Review can be reached at or

7willBheaven
10-06-2009, 12:48 AM
I think Ben did a really good job hosting the show...i figured he would since he has that charisma and all about him! And he brought Stapleton too..i think that was cool of him!! Good times had by all!

MACH1
10-06-2009, 12:52 AM
I lost interest after the Diva Bowl. :chuckle:

KeiselPower99
10-06-2009, 08:54 AM
He did a good job. I actually watched the entire show for the first time in over 2 years. WWE isnt what it used to be.

Dizzle43
10-06-2009, 12:03 PM
I was flipping from MNF to RAW from time to time trying to catch Ben on the show. I thought it was pretty funny seeing him and the o-line out there.

TackleMeBen
10-06-2009, 12:08 PM
I lost interest after the Diva Bowl. :chuckle:
ilost interest after randy orton left the ring:wink02:

Dino 6 Rings
10-06-2009, 01:26 PM
I'll have to catch it on Youtube, totally forgot he was on...

steelpride12
10-06-2009, 01:37 PM
So funny to watch him on WWE and the OL too. Big show afraid. I was surprised, Big Show still has a few inches on Max Starks!
I posted the video on the media section if anyone missed it.

fansince'76
10-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Thank God we won Sunday night, or he'd be catching nothing but hell for this from the likes of hacks like Ron Cook and Mark Madden.

The_WARDen
10-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Thank God we won Sunday night, or he'd be catching nothing but hell for this from the likes of hacks like Ron Cook and Mark Madden.

I dunno...hosting RAW on Monday could affect how he performs against Detroit.

:chuckle: Okay, I couldn't even say that with a straight face. :chuckle:

OneForTheToe
10-06-2009, 02:15 PM

You shouldn't call Madden a hack ...... that's an insult to hacks everywhere.:doh:

TackleMeBen
10-06-2009, 03:16 PM
or fans like us..lol :chuckle:

here are a few pics from raw last night
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/1006roethlisber-a.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/11990758.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/11990806.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/11993614.jpg

Preacher
10-06-2009, 04:41 PM
He did a good job. I actually watched the entire show for the first time in over 2 years. WWE isnt what it used to be.

Pro. Wrestling is nothing compared to what it was in the 80's NWA/WCW.

The Road Warriors, The Four Horseman, Dusty Roads and Magnum T.A.

sherlock
10-06-2009, 05:00 PM
I`ve just seen a clip on youtube.
It was funny how Ben was dwarfed by Jericho!
Did you notice Kemo doing a kind of small-scale Haka as he entered the ring.
There used to be a wrestling show in the UK on Saturday mornings in the 70`s.
I can remember watching it on our black and white telly when I was a kid.......Big Daddy,Giant Haystacks,Mick McManus,Kendo Nagasaki...those were the days!

Rek
10-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Wrestling is for wussies and 10 year old boys.

stlrtruck
10-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Pro. Wrestling is nothing compared to what it was in the 80's NWA/WCW.

The Road Warriors, The Four Horseman, Dusty Roads and Magnum T.A.

Don't forget the Fabulous T-Birds with Michael P.S. Hayes!!!

7willBheaven
10-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Don't forget the Fabulous T-Birds with Michael P.S. Hayes!!!

Fabulous Freebirds actually haha....

Sherlock...actually Jericho was the short dude hahah...Ben is like 6 inches taller than him haha :-P

And yeah Preacher though i grew up in the 80s...i never really watched it back then, but I've been able to see a lot of the older stuff on DVD/etc though...good times :-)

lilyoder6
10-06-2009, 05:25 PM
i always enjoyed DX and all the shit they did

sherlock
10-06-2009, 05:45 PM
[QUOTE=

Sherlock...actually Jericho was the short dude hahah...Ben is like 6 inches taller than him haha :-P[/QUOTE]

Doh!...In that case I was talking about Big Show!....I guess the clue is in the name.:chuckle:
It appears I know even less about wrestling than I do American Fottball.HA!!!!

Steelboy84
10-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Ben was awesome last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt03: :tt04: :applaudit: :hatsoff: :tt: :thumbsup: :tt03: :drink: :drink: :wave:

tmacsteelerfan
10-06-2009, 09:20 PM
It was pretty funny, especially both times the o-line was in the ring and they stayed in there celebrating for forever.

7willBheaven
10-06-2009, 09:24 PM
It was pretty funny, especially both times the o-line was in the ring and they stayed in there celebrating for forever.

A lot of the guys that were there come to the different WWE events that are in Pittsburgh each year (I know Ben and Max for sure...i'm sure some of the others have too)...and they're fans of the WWE...so they were probably like kids in a candy store....

Imagine if you could be a Steeler for one game...or whatever it is you enjoy and all but cant really do....

PAMillerGrrl83
10-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Uh yea Ben looked like a kid in a candy store with "his boys" aKa DX. I thought it was awesome!!!

KeiselPower99
10-07-2009, 09:01 AM
WWE is gonna be in Pittsburgh the 25th at the Mellon Arena for a PPV. Wonder how many guys will be going over after the Vikings game.

fat4jc
10-08-2009, 01:34 PM

SteelersMongol
10-09-2009, 11:55 AM
WTH? Shawn Micheals is still wrestling? I used 2 watch it like in the early 90s. Isn't he like a big Steelers fan?

billybob
10-09-2009, 12:08 PM
I applaud Ben for taking his o-line with him . Made for a pretty nice script .

billybob
10-09-2009, 12:09 PM
I picked up how Hartwig crossed his arms differently that all the others . Was that a blown call , or a sign ?

WH
10-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Hasn't been the same since they turned into the WWE. Every year I hope for TNA to start doing amazingly well so we'll get to have Monday Night Wars 2. But until they start pushing talent other than Mick Foley and Kevin Nash (old timers) they'll be nothing more than a 1993 WCW wannabe.

KeiselPower99
10-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Hasn't been the same since they turned into the WWE. Every year I hope for TNA to start doing amazingly well so we'll get to have Monday Night Wars 2. But until they start pushing talent other than Mick Foley and Kevin Nash (old timers) they'll be nothing more than a 1993 WCW wannabe.

I agree 100% WWF hasnt been good since 2003. TNA is pushing some good young guys but they are killing themselves with guys like Nash Foley Steiner and Booker T plus they arent run by a knowledgable wrestling person anymore. I wouldnt even say 1993 Id go with WCW around year 2000.

WH
10-10-2009, 06:18 AM
I agree 100% WWF hasnt been good since 2003. TNA is pushing some good young guys but they are killing themselves with guys like Nash Foley Steiner and Booker T plus they arent run by a knowledgable wrestling person anymore. I wouldnt even say 1993 Id go with WCW around year 2000.

WWE wouldn't be half bad if they would cancel ECW and just divide that talent into Smackdown and Raw. The only thing I would miss from ECW is the Championship belt, which I think is the Sweetest belt they've had since the smoking skull belt of the Stone Cold era.

Look what adding just Evan Bourne and Jack Swagger to Raw has done for the midcard. Just think what adding WIlliam Regal, Christian, Zack Ryder, Shelton Bengjamin, and Matt Sriker to either of the shows would do? The WWE is way to shallow in talent to have 3 shows.

Look at who has the Tag Belts! Jericho and Big Show? Jericho is top of the line main card material and Big Show isn't THAT terrible. It makes even less sense when you have a few tag teams that are actually tag teams like Cryme Tyme and the Hart Dynasty.

Anyways, sorry about the rant, I know this is the Steelers board.

So here.
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/divas/galleries/divabowl