PDA

View Full Version : Braylon Edwards traded to Jets???

xfl2001fan
10-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Being reported on Mike N Mike on ESPN Radio this morning. I missed the details of the trade...

SteelMember
10-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Browns cut bait...no, that wasn't the real headline, but I could have been. :chuckle:
I guess the game Mohamed Massaquoi had this past weekend made this decision a little easier.

Browns Trade Braylon Edwards to Jets
Posted Oct 07, 2009 8:14AM By Michael David Smith

In a blockbuster trade, the Cleveland Browns have traded wide receiver Braylon Edwards to the New York Jets, signaling that the Browns are in serious rebuilding mode, that the Jets are serious about winning right now.

Adam Schefter of ESPN first reported the trade. It's not yet known what the Browns are getting as compensation for Edwards, who was the third pick in the 2005 NFL draft.

The NFL is investigating whether Edwards violated the league's personal conduct policy after he was accused of punching a friend of Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James. It's not clear whether the incident hastened Edwards' departure from Cleveland.

Edwards is one of the most talented receivers in the NFL, and in 2007 he had what was widely regarded as his breakout year, with 80 catches for 1,289 yards and 16 touchdowns. But his numbers plummeted in 2008, and he's done next to nothing in 2009, with just 10 catches for 139 yards this season.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/10/07/browns-trade-braylon-edwards-to-jets/#

Vis
10-07-2009, 07:36 AM
Edwards in NYC with all the distractions it offers? This won't have a happy ending.

stlrtruck
10-07-2009, 07:49 AM
This just might blow the bet I made before the season that Holmes would score more fantasy points than Edwards.

Now that Edwards will be playing with a QB and an offense that has hope, he might actually get more throws. Oh wait, my bad he's still got to catch the ball.

KeiselPower99
10-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Hmm can you say Plaxico 2? Mangina is helping out the Jets alot. I feel for the Browns fans. Its only gonna be worse for them.

TackleMeBen
10-07-2009, 07:54 AM
the jet fans are excited about this pick. they think he is going to be a great WR and help out sanchez.

xfl2001fan
10-07-2009, 08:11 AM
To help out Sanchez, you need to give him a deep threat...and to be a deep threat, you need to catch the ball.

Good riddance to the guy.

KeiselPower99
10-07-2009, 08:15 AM
Here is the details of the trade.
Trade terms: Braylon Edwards for Chansi Stuckey, Jason Trusnik and two picks thought to be a 3rd and 5th-round pick.

Looks like Mangina got more of his guys from the Jets.

The_WARDen
10-07-2009, 08:24 AM
at least he'll have a year without Lebron envy...that is until 2010 when Lebron becomes a Knick.

nojobny
10-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Edwards in NYC with all the distractions it offers? This won't have a happy ending.

Exactly. Though I could see Ryan b*tch slapping him upside his head if he does something stupid. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
10-07-2009, 08:45 AM
In other news, Braylon Edwards' hands have been traded to the Raiders for a jar of Stick-em and a slice of JaMarcus Russell's belly fat.

cubanstogie
10-07-2009, 08:48 AM

can you say Plaxico all over again.

cubanstogie
10-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Hmm can you say Plaxico 2? Mangina is helping out the Jets alot. I feel for the Browns fans. Its only gonna be worse for them.

Too funny that was my immediate thought after reading Vis's post. Edwards cant even catch the ball without distractions.

AllD
10-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Ward has more catches in the last game than Edwards has all season. Looks like the clowns sent him out of town on the size 14 Nike express.

TackleMeBen
10-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Browns need to fire Mangini before they give the Jets Joe Thomas.

TackleMeBen
10-07-2009, 08:55 AM
In other news, Braylon Edwards' hands have been traded to the Raiders for a jar of Stick-em and a slice of JaMarcus Russell's belly fat.
XT, you just made me spit my drink all over the computer this AM..:rofl:

Kvnfaber
10-07-2009, 08:59 AM
I have no doubt that Braylon will now play to his full potential. There is something to say about all the players that blossom after leaving the mistake on the lake. And also, all the careers that falter once they arrive in Cleveland.

Edman
10-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Wow, 2007 seems so far ago, when Browns fans were on top of the world.

TackleMeBen
10-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Wow, 2007 seems so far ago, when Browns fans were on top of the world.
i cant wait to hear from our resident browns fan on this. :thumbsup:

xfl2001fan
10-07-2009, 09:13 AM
i cant wait to hear from our resident browns fan on this. :thumbsup:

What am I, chopped liver? I thought I opened and responded to this already. :flap:

TackleMeBen
10-07-2009, 09:20 AM
What am I, chopped liver? I thought I opened and responded to this already. :flap:
you may have, and i just missed it. sorry :hug:

lilyoder6
10-07-2009, 09:21 AM
i think that edwards will be relavant again with the jets...

he is a good wr.. but his none production is b/c of his hands,.. but also the fact the browns offense sucks so bad...

i think sanchez is happy he got another weapon 4 dirt cheap basically

xfl2001fan
10-07-2009, 09:38 AM
you may have, and i just missed it. sorry :hug:

I'm the OP...but it's ok. I still love ya hun! :hug:

I'll re-iterate (just for you).

Good riddance. Not catching the ball is not catching the ball...whether you're on a good team or not. Not running routes is still not running routes. He might see a resurgance in NY...but I think it'll be just like (as others noted) Plaxico going to New York. I get the feeling BE has a better sense of style though...and won't show up in a nightclub toting a firearm in his sweatpants.

GridironWarrior
10-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Edwards traded to the Jets.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-07-2009, 09:47 AM
I get the feeling BE has a better sense of style though...and won't show up in a nightclub toting a firearm in his sweatpants.

Agreed, he is more of a shoulder holster under his Armani... kind of thug.

XxKnightxX
10-07-2009, 10:13 AM
The other browns players must of been like " Heyyyy, why didnt I get traded?" lol

steelpride12
10-07-2009, 10:47 AM
The Brownies pretty much threw in the white flag already at 0-4 and are already preparing to stack up in the draft next season because we all know there season is over. Wow Braylon to the Jets. What a beast team they are gonna be if he can hold onto the ball and produce in NY.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
10-07-2009, 10:47 AM
More Jets leftovers.

Nice job Magnini. :banging:

Keep saying it, the Browns will NEVER win anything until they finally get their organization set up right. Lerner needs to go, followed by Mangini.

xfl2001fan
10-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Think of it like this...what were the odds of Braylon resigning with the Browns?

(Pretty low in my estimation).

How many teams know this? (I'd go with 32)

So, we get rid of a troubled receiver in his contract year and get back a WR in return...another special teams player and a couple of draft picks.

Good riddance to the guy. This is probably the best that Kookiman could have gotten (remember, Mangina isn't the GM) and jumped all over it.

revefsreleets
10-07-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm sticking with my original prediction: As soon as he leaves Cleveland, he'll return to Pro Bowl form.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
10-07-2009, 11:00 AM
I'm sticking with my original prediction: As soon as he leaves Cleveland, he'll return to Pro Bowl form.

Because he's auctually playing for an NFL franchise? I would think

Depends on how he does with this courtcase though.

Steel_12
10-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Hey Xfl...does LeBron have that much pull in Cleveland? Braylon punches LeBron's friend and a couple of days later he's traded...coincidence...I think not lol.

Seriously, I don't think it was Braylon's fault that his numbers dropped. His quarterbacks sucked. Anderson had a Maddox-like season in 2007...and just like Maddox, when teams figured him out his production dropped. Hopefully, ya'll will turn it around soon and give us some competition.

xfl2001fan
10-07-2009, 11:34 AM
I think that ManKok wasn't all that impressed with him anyways. Edwards had one cinderella season and has done nothing prior to or after wards that warrants Pro-Bowl recognition. Boy, does this sound familiar? BE/DA enjoyed their time and the NFL proved to them that it was a one-hit wonder type thing.

As for Lebron having that much pull...I don't know that it was that at all. The timing is odd...but why would a 6'3, 200lb "professional" (and I use that word loosely) athlete feel the need to punch a 5'9, 135lb guy? Especially when it followed a game that BE was blanked in (well, he did show up in the stat chart with a drop).

BE's days are long over. In fact, they never really were true number. Even in his probowl year, he led the league (or was at the very top) in drops anyways. The difference came in the kind of coverages he was seeing. The NFL figured him (and DA) out...and now it's time for the Browns to move on. I think the Jets lost out on this deal.

BE is TO light.

xfl2001fan
10-07-2009, 12:45 PM
According to Scouts INC:

Chansi Stuckey - WR - 6'0, 196lbs

2009 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Comment: Stuckey has adequate size and strength with good initial quickness off the line of scrimmage. He is very quick in and out of breaks. He can locate the open area in zones with good stop and restart ability. He is exciting with the ball in his hands. He has good lateral movement and run instincts. His strength is suspect and he can be easily re-routed by physical press corners. He is a below-average blocker in the run game.

Jason Trusnik #96 LB - 6'4, 250lbs

Special teams guy with no "insider" information from Scouts INC. 6 Tackles, 1FF on the year and is a 3 year veteran out of Ohio Northern.

Stuckey is rated (by Scouts INC) as a 57...which is an adequate backup...just below and average starter.

revefsreleets
10-07-2009, 01:58 PM
They were trying to trade BE before the season, and this is much less about LeBron than it is about Edwards continual collapse both on the field and off...

Fire Haley
10-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Sanchez and Braylon - hahaha - Mangini has done more for the Jets since he's gone than while he was there!' lol

Way to go Mankok - get rid of a playmaker for more scrubs, just like KW2.

xfl2001fan
10-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Sanchez and Braylon - hahaha - Mangini has done more for the Jets since he's gone than while he was there!' lol

Way to go Mankok - get rid of a playmaker for more scrubs, just like KW2.

Since 2007, Braylon Edwards has 65 catches and 3 touchdowns. Prior to 2007, he had 93 catches and 9 Touchdowns. He had one magical year in 2007, the same year as DA's magical year. He's done nothing prior to and since to be viewed as a true quality playmaker.

Kellen Winslow: Prior to 2007 (his one Pro Bowl year...with DA)

94 catches and 3 touchdowns
Since that 2007 season: 60 catches and 5 touchdowns. He's NEVER caught more than 5 touchdowns (2007) in a season in his career. He's pretty good between the 20's...but disappears in the redzone.

For his career, he's caught 13 total Touchdowns. That's his career...

Maybe we have different definitions of playmaker...but Kellen Winslow was overhyped...and so is Braylon Edwards. You have beat down the hype machine that was Derek Anderson (he's not hyped anymore) but continue to lift up the scrubs that have done just as much since 2007 (and before 2007) as Derek Anderson.

You can't have it both ways. Either all three are still legit pro-bowl playmakers...or none of them are.

Steel_12
10-07-2009, 03:52 PM
They were trying to trade BE before the season, and this is much less about LeBron than it is about Edwards continual collapse both on the field and off...

The LeBron comment was a joke

Fire Haley
10-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Before the draft Cleveland wanted a 1st and Kiuwanuka from the Giants, and word is the Browns turned down an offer for a 2nd and a 5th and players.

Six months later, the Jets get him for Stuckey, Trusnick, a 3rd and 5th. Not bad.

4xSBChamps
10-07-2009, 04:47 PM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/PlexiglassBurASS-mygunshotme.jpg

silver & black
10-07-2009, 06:41 PM

Right now, I'd trade JaMarcus for two cans of stick-em... straight up.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
10-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Before the draft Cleveland wanted a 1st and Kiuwanuka from the Giants, and word is the Browns turned down an offer for a 2nd and a 5th and players.

Six months later, the Jets get him for Stuckey, Trusnick, a 3rd and 5th. Not bad.

This is false.

Terry Pluto (very respected Cleveland sports journalist.) said such an offer was never on the table for the Browns prior to and after the draft.

The 3rd round/stuckey offer was the best possible and the Browns jumped on it.

silver & black
10-07-2009, 06:50 PM
More Jets leftovers.

Nice job Magnini. :banging:

Keep saying it, the Browns will NEVER win anything until they finally get their organization set up right. Lerner needs to go, followed by Mangini.

Quit crying... you aint got nuthin on the Raiders as far as a dysfunctional organization and an out of touch owner goes. The Raiders' organization makes the Browns' look like a model franchise. The Raiders are the worst run, most dysfunctional joke in all of professional sports. The Browns don't even come close!

steelerohio
10-07-2009, 07:19 PM
It was also reported this morning that at the Cleveland airport, Braylon dropped his plane ticket to New York.

MasterOfPuppets
10-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Quit crying... you aint got nuthin on the Raiders as far as a dysfunctional organization and an out of touch owner goes. The Raiders' organization makes the Browns' look like a model franchise. The Raiders are the worst run, most dysfunctional joke in all of professional sports. The Browns don't even come close!
:sofunny: ...thais is a new one...arguing over who's rooting for the suckiest franchise...:toofunny: ...i wanna see how this plays out....:popcorn:

silver & black
10-07-2009, 09:59 PM
:sofunny: ...thais is a new one...arguing over who's rooting for the suckiest franchise...:toofunny: ...i wanna see how this plays out....:popcorn:

We play each other in Dec. Battle of the irrelevants.

4xSBChamps
10-07-2009, 10:07 PM
We play each other in Dec. Battle of the irrelevants.

I'm stuck 36 miles from Raymond James Stadium..... so-far in '09, the Bucs gag-maggots

redst3
10-08-2009, 05:13 AM
I think the Raiders are in worse shape, though it is close. Raiders coaches are fist fighting.

stlrtruck
10-08-2009, 07:22 AM
I'm stuck 36 miles from Raymond James Stadium..... so-far in '09, the Bucs gag-maggots

Gotcha beat. I'm about 25 miles from the stadium. It's freakin' awesome to hear these fans cry about how bad Leftwich is but yet they have very little to say about their defense not stopping opponents. My argument with them is that Leftwich was scoring some points and your defense was giving up twice as many.