PDA

View Full Version : Total access just reported No Polamalu this week

GridironWarrior
10-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Jason can't remember his last name reporter said the Steelers plan for him to play next week against the Browns.

fansince'76
10-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Glad he's not rushing back. I said in another thread I was hoping he'd skip this game, play situationally in the Browns game to shake the rust off and start again on October 25th against the Vikes.

GridironWarrior
10-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Glad he's not rushing back. I said in another thread I was hoping he'd skip this game, play situationally in the Browns game to shake the rust off and start again on October 25th against the Vikes.

Yeah I agree. Can't wait to see him back in action, seeing all his commercials makes me miss him more.

SteelGhost
10-07-2009, 06:42 PM

+1 :thumbsup:

Hey Grid, last name's guy is La Canfora.

klick81
10-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Good...I hope this report is accurate.

If we cannot beat the Lions without Troy, we've got bigger issues to worry about!

mulldog24
10-07-2009, 06:56 PM

I totally agree, allthough I wouldn't mind seeing him play against the Brownstains cause I'm gonna be there!!!!!:tt04::tt02::tt03::tt::thumbsup:

BigBenFn7
10-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Good news to hear. There's no need to put him in against the Lions. In fact, the only reason I want to see him play against the Browns is so he can get ready for the heart of the schedule coming up.

Steelboy84
10-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Jason can't remember his last name reporter said the Steelers plan for him to play next week against the Browns.

Ya beat me to it. LaCapora or whatever his name is said it. But I'm glad he won't be back until Cleveland.

SteelC7
10-07-2009, 09:21 PM
ya its better he waits til the cleveland game at home, he wont have much work to do then cuz derek anderson will be on his back most of the time, he really needs to be in rhythym wen we play minnesota

devilsdancefloor
10-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Id rather have him wait and be 100% or as close as possible for the playoff run in nov & dec

steelerchad
10-07-2009, 09:38 PM
I want to see Troy when he's 100%.
I think 06 he was injured early and came back too soon and he didn't play up to his standards.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-07-2009, 09:57 PM
I am absolutely fine with that.

Steeldude
10-08-2009, 12:32 AM
i didn't figure he was going to play this week. it was reported he was walking with a noticeable limp after the chargers' game.

BigBenFn7
10-08-2009, 12:59 AM
I think sometimes it's best for a team to have a guy like Troy miss a few games. It gives the other guys a chance to realize what it's like to contribute and not have one guy pick up the slack when you screw up.

I think when that guy you're used to relying on isn't there, you tighten up your coverage and learn to become a better player, a better unit. This will help the Steelers at the end of the day, so long as when Troy comes back, he's back for good.

Galax Steeler
10-08-2009, 03:45 AM
If he is not ready then I say wait. It is just so weird watching a steeler game and Troy not on the field.

SteelMember
10-08-2009, 07:40 AM
I think sometimes it's best for a team to have a guy like Troy miss a few games. It gives the other guys a chance to realize what it's like to contribute and not have one guy pick up the slack when you screw up.

I think when that guy you're used to relying on isn't there, you tighten up your coverage and learn to become a better player, a better unit. This will help the Steelers at the end of the day, so long as when Troy comes back, he's back for good.

Great Point.

Giving guys like Townsend and Ratliff snaps at Safety, and Mundy some "real game experience" will only benefit the team in what can be a long season. At the very least, it will give the coaches some live film to analize to see if these guys can really make the transition to the different position.

CanadianSteel
10-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Hoping Troy returns against the Browns and the Vikes come into Hienz undefeated the next week. Then we can lay the smack down on Favre and AP..... One game at a time however...

revefsreleets
10-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Either Jr. Varsity team will do...just want him to dip his toe so when the schedule heats up he's as close to top form as possible.

Slick93
10-08-2009, 11:32 AM

:thumbsup: There's no substitute to the game experience these guys have gained through TPs absence. I'm not saying we don't need him (I'd be an idiot) but the next couple of weeks we should be able to get by with him being able to take the time to recover back to 100%. I'd rather him take a couple extra weeks and come back healthy rather than risk further injury coming back to early.

memphissteelergirl
10-08-2009, 02:01 PM
I am absolutely fine with that.

Same here...but still miss seeing him out on the field, tho'.

HometownGal
10-08-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm cool with Wildman taking whatever time he needs to come back at 100% with no risk of further injury.

BehindSteelCurtain
10-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Why rush him back when we play 2 of the worst 3 teams in the NFL?

stb_steeler
10-08-2009, 05:55 PM
I bet its killing him inside not being able to play.......:jump: