PDA

View Full Version : What The Team Has To Work On After 4 Games

wootawnee
10-08-2009, 01:42 AM
OFFENSE.........

I feel we gotta work on our power screens.......They really take the air out of defenses when you get a big one going.....

Plus punching it in in the redzone...........Redzone offense on the same page is the most manacing thing a team can do to an opposition........Less feildgoals and more TDs.......

That is about it on this side of the ball, after our last performance.......

DEFENSE........

Backside linebacker support is not as good as last year..........L.Timmons has still alot of growing to do to fill in for Larry Foote's skills against the cut-back.......We are getting burned with cutback runs this season.......

Int's.........Come on guys....Let's go after the ball and hawk a few picks.......

More blitzing and getting to the qb.....We played some good o-lines so far, but the backers are not expoding off the ball as fast this year.......The Line looks great though.........Lamar has to step it up and beat the one on ones like he did last year, cause JH is getting the treatment this year........

Forced fumbles........We could use a few of them.....They turn the momentum like nothing else.......:drink:

AllD
10-08-2009, 05:37 AM
Special Teams return game too.

HometownGal
10-08-2009, 07:02 AM
How 'bout playing a full sixty minutes of football instead of laying back when having the lead?

stlrtruck
10-08-2009, 07:42 AM
OFFENSE:
For the line to stay consistent
For the RBs to hit the holes that are there

DEFENSE:
More pressure on the QB (sacks)
Getting some turnovers
Playing up to the standard that they've played at before, not down to the competition

STs:
Holding on to the ball
Getting up field faster an in to the available lanes
Return a few for TDs

The Lakelander
10-08-2009, 08:04 AM
I'm not concerned.

In spite of the 4th quarter breakdowns, we have had a late lead in every game so far!

It can easily be pointed out where the breakdowns occurred ... dropped passes and missed FG's cost us our losses. Toss in two gimme TD's in the 2nd half of the last two games ... stop this crap and we blow out every opponent so far!

And we have yet to sacrifice a single score to the opponent in the 1st Quarter. That tells me our game planning is doing fine.

Our two best defensive athletes (Troy and Timmons) have been hurt. If Troy was playing we'd very likely be 4-0 right now!

Take Ed Reed and Ray Lewis out of Baltimore's defense for two games ...

Yessir!

Da Steeler Soprano
10-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Atleast no one said that Redman is the cure all answer to every problem...yet

tyler289
10-08-2009, 11:58 AM
On offense: keep doing what you're doing

On defense: get turnovers and play a full 60 minutes

On special teams: no turnovers

SteelC7
10-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Offense: solid protection and run blocking, red zone efficiency, no interceptions...ben

Defense: blitz, blitz, blitz, and actually get to the QB, force turnovers, INTS, FFumbles, whatever

Special Teams: hold on to the ball, get more production from logan, if not, try santonio in there

stb_steeler
10-08-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm not concerned.

In spite of the 4th quarter breakdowns, we have had a late lead in every game so far!

It can easily be pointed out where the breakdowns occurred ... dropped passes and missed FG's cost us our losses. Toss in two gimme TD's in the 2nd half of the last two games ... stop this crap and we blow out every opponent so far!

And we have yet to sacrifice a single score to the opponent in the 1st Quarter. That tells me our game planning is doing fine.

Our two best defensive athletes (Troy and Timmons) have been hurt. If Troy was playing we'd very likely be 4-0 right now!

Take Ed Reed and Ray Lewis out of Baltimore's defense for two games ...

Yessir!

Yep we'll see the difference when Troy's back.:tt02:

tmacsteelerfan
10-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Definitely have to play the full sixty minutes. That's pathetic how we gave away 2 games like we did, after shuting them done the first three quarters. Need more redzone touchdowns, that two hurt us in those losses not getting 6 on all of the drives we could have. The turnovers and sacks will come when Troy is back especially on the teams we play with young quarterbacks like the Ravens and Browns. He does such a good job a causing confusion that I bet in his return our defensive ranks will increase rapidly.
But were just fine right now it is only week 5,