PDA

View Full Version : Limbaugh's The Man !!!!

SteelerEmpire
10-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Ha Ha.... I guess... LINK: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/10/bart-scott-mathias-kiwanuka-no-possibility-of-playing-for-rush-limbaugh-owned-team/1

revefsreleets
10-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Limbaugh is first and foremost an entertainer. Saying they won't play for him is like saying they could never play. for Ed Norton because of the role he played in the early part of "American History X"

Preacher
10-11-2009, 12:06 PM
I LOVE how the press continually forgets or ignores the fact that ESPN TOLD Limbaugh to get a lot more edgy in what he was saying... and when he said it, NONE of the other commentators said a WORD about it... actually, it looked like they were AGREEING with him. ONLY when it broke in Philly did everyone jump on the "Oh My" bandwagon.

I think it was a stupid thing to say knowing the current condition of american politics. But the underlying question still remained... was he right?

I asked a friend of mine, who yeah, is black. He actually agreed with Rush. Surprise.

Godfather
10-11-2009, 09:52 PM
I LOVE how the press continually forgets or ignores the fact that ESPN TOLD Limbaugh to get a lot more edgy in what he was saying... and when he said it, NONE of the other commentators said a WORD about it... actually, it looked like they were AGREEING with him. ONLY when it broke in Philly did everyone jump on the "Oh My" bandwagon.

I think it was a stupid thing to say knowing the current condition of american politics. But the underlying question still remained... was he right?

I asked a friend of mine, who yeah, is black. He actually agreed with Rush. Surprise.

Funny how Eagle fans boo McNabb but jump on Hush Bimbo for dissing him.

I think that statement showed how little Rush knows about football. McNabb was a young quarterback at the time and was getting better every year before the injury. He protected the ball well (one of the best TD/INT ratios in the league). He had good numbers even though he didn't have a legitimate #1 receiver.

Also, to hold him to his own standard, I'd like a list of all the white quarterbacks he called out as overrated.

SteelTalons
10-12-2009, 08:17 AM
Rush is tryna buy the Rams. lol

X-Terminator
10-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Rush is a dumbass. But do these guys think they play for middle class saints? Come on most of these teams are owned by people who got where they are ruthlessly. Bart Scott basically said he wouldnt play for Rush because he is republican , what a retard.

That's what really jumped out at me, because if he really wanted to stick to his principles, he may as well retire because I'm pretty sure that many, if not most NFL owners are Republicans, including the Rooney family.

Rush is tryna buy the Rams. lol

So? Do his political beliefs somehow bar him from owning a team? And keep in mind that I am NO fan of Rush whatsoever before you answer that.

GBMelBlount
10-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Rush is a dumbass.

Really, why is Rush a dumbass?

The_WARDen
10-12-2009, 09:00 AM
If you consider the fat blowhard drug addict to be a man, then you need a new definition for a man.

:doh:

GBMelBlount
10-12-2009, 09:08 AM
If you consider the fat blowhard drug addict to be a man, then you need a new definition for a man.

:doh:

So what is your definition of a "man", Warden?.....

revefsreleets
10-12-2009, 09:17 AM
He's not a man? That's odd...

Anyway, Rush is, like I said, an entertainer. He's a conservative comedian, just as Al Franken is a liberal comedian. The problem develops when people start taking their shtick too seriously, as if it's fact and not uber-biased ideology wrapped up in some chuckles....then they start to take themselves seriously, and then we have problems like Michael Moore's movies and Franken winning a Sentate seat and Limbaugh becoming the defacto head of the GOP.

Dino 6 Rings
10-12-2009, 09:30 AM
I think Rush would be a good owner only because of his Conservative nature. He wouldn't likely spend too much money on over priced Vets, would most likely actually Hire a GM for the day to day operations, would probably draw some Ire from the fans to start with but winning cures all ills in the National Football League and I bet, since he hates losing, Rush would turn the Rams around with sound financial decisions and wise spending. I also bet he'd draft O-line first to rebuild that team.

But that's just my opinion on the situations.

GBMelBlount
10-12-2009, 09:45 AM
I think Rush would be a good owner only because of his Conservative nature. He wouldn't likely spend too much money on over priced Vets, would most likely actually Hire a GM for the day to day operations, would probably draw some Ire from the fans to start with but winning cures all ills in the National Football League and I bet, since he hates losing, Rush would turn the Rams around with sound financial decisions and wise spending. I also bet he'd draft O-line first to rebuild that team.

Good post Dino. It's nice to see some intelligent discussion on this topic. I tend to agree with you here.

The_WARDen
10-12-2009, 09:54 AM
So what is your definition of a "man", Warden?.....

just about anyone else. Seriously, if he's your definition of a man, then you have issues.

GBMelBlount
10-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Seriously, if he's your definition of a man, then you have issues.

Seriously, thanks for the intelligent discussion. :chuckle:

KeiselPower99
10-12-2009, 12:11 PM

He wouldnt be a Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder. He would probably let the football people run the show.

Dino 6 Rings
10-12-2009, 12:24 PM
He wouldnt be a Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder. He would probably let the football people run the show.

Yeah, that's what I think too.

Limbaugh is a Steelers fan in his heart because he loves the way the Rooney's conduct business. But he's from St Louis originally I think. He'd want to field a winner, but also would be smart enough to recognize, the day to day operation of an NFL Team isn't something he'd 1. Be good at, and 2. really want to do.

I think anyone who is against him buying the team isn't looking at the big picture. If he has the money, to really put up the effort to turn that team around, I think his Will and his Desire for Success would actually benefit that Team and that City as a whole. Right now, the Rams are a Hole, the only reason people don't make fun of them more often is because the Lions went 0 wins last year, and the Bucs, Chiefs, Titans and Raiders are such Dumpster Fires at this point, you tend to forget about the "has sucked for a while" team out there in St Louis.

With a RB like Jackson they should be much better than they are. Sad really.

tony hipchest
10-12-2009, 12:25 PM
im pretty sure dan rooney wouldnt cast a vote to allow a bigot become an owner in a league that has such a high percentage of blacks.

i cant really speculate on the other owners, but im pretty sure jerry jones and dan snyder feel there is no room in the nfl for an ego bigger than theirs.

Dino 6 Rings
10-12-2009, 12:31 PM
im pretty sure dan rooney wouldnt cast a vote to allow a bigot become an owner in a league that has such a high percentage of blacks.

i cant really speculate on the other owners, but im pretty sure jerry jones and dan snyder feel there is no room in the nfl for an ego bigger than theirs.

See, I don't get this at all. Limbaugh isn't a Bigot. He makes fun of Sharton and Jesse Jackson because they are people who make money and a living off of using the Race Game to promote themselves.

Go ask Jackson how is Bastard Child (which is what you Call it when you have one with a woman that isn't your wife) is doing.

Go ask Al Sharpton how much he owes in back taxes for me would ya?

Jackson, who said "I want to cut off his nuts" about Obama on an open Mic. Guess what, he's full of Hate. His hate is just for Obama who happens to be Black and Successful and didn't use the Rainbow Coalition to get there.

Does saying those things make me a Bigot?

Limbaugh makes more fun of Hillary Clinton, John Kerry and Bill Clinton than Anyone Else in the world. Those 3 are all white. In case you were wondering. He also used to make fun of Kennedy and still makes fun of Former Clansman Robert Byrd. the Democrat from West Virginia.

he's an entertainer, and he uses humor and satire the same way SNL or Mad TV does to get his point across.

tony hipchest
10-12-2009, 12:52 PM
entertainers dont take themselves so seriously and pass their "entertainment" off as gospel.

hiding under the cloak of "entertainment" to get a free pass is pretty cheap, if you ask me (especially when you are the defacto leader of the GOP).

so you believe rush doesnt think he is better than blacks as a whole?

thats fine. everyone is entitled to their opinion. i can smell a bigot a mile away.

steelreserve
10-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Let me get this straight ... the Rams went 3-13 two seasons ago, actually got WORSE last year, and are solidly on track for 0-16 this season -- and people are being picky about who they want for a new owner? Now is not the time, folks.

I honestly don't see how Limbaugh is any different from half the owners in the league already. They're not a particularly likable bunch. He just happens to be well-known and controversial on his own, BEFORE trying to buy the team.

GBMelBlount
10-12-2009, 01:45 PM

thats fine. everyone is entitled to their opinion. i can smell a bigot a mile away.

Really, I would have thought your olfactory senses were challenged, especially with where your nose has been with respect to Obama. :chuckle:

Seriously, is Obama really anything more than an arrogant, prejudiced, entertainer?

tony hipchest
10-12-2009, 01:52 PM
"bu..bu..bu.. oboma". :rolleyes:

:coffee:

deflection at its finest.

gb, i suspect you will trade in your steelers fancard and become a rams loyalist if your hero gets the team.

i also suspect you think dan rooney sucks for voting for obama, and cant wait to jump ship.

RunWillieRun
10-12-2009, 02:07 PM

deflection at its finest.

gb, i suspect you will trade in your steelers fancard and become a rams loyalist if your hero gets the team.

i also suspect you think dan rooney sucks for voting for obama, and cant wait to jump ship.

http://bytesizebio.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/lolwut.jpg

Seriously, tony?

Dino 6 Rings
10-12-2009, 02:08 PM
entertainers dont take themselves so seriously and pass their "entertainment" off as gospel.

hiding under the cloak of "entertainment" to get a free pass is pretty cheap, if you ask me (especially when you are the defacto leader of the GOP).

No, I don't think Rush thinks he's better than Blacks as a whole.

I bet he thinks he's better than people who want the government to give them their food and housing for free, regardless of race or religion or creed, but not better than an entire Race of people. If he does, in his heart, really believe that he's better than an entire Race, then he's a moron. I don't think he's a moron.

And as for your entertainers that "take themselves seriously"

Susan Sarandon, Tom Cruise, Al Frankin, Tim Robbins, Sean Penn Alec Baldwin, David Letterman, Jay Leno, all take themselves pretty seriously. want more?

The point is, I don't think Rush is a Bigot or a Racist. He's a radio talk show host that wouldn't have lasted 20 years in the business if he really was a racist or bigot.

I think he'd be a good owner for the Rams too. Because of the reasons I pointed out earlier in the thread.

GBMelBlount
10-12-2009, 02:18 PM

Nope, I would just question his reasoning and judgment as I did yours when you explained that you had no concern with Obama's complete inexperience & lack of qualifications for being president by saying you were not concerned because you were confident he would surround himself with good people....... :rofl:

Have you seen what he has surrounded himself with? :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
10-12-2009, 02:47 PM
No, I don't think Rush thinks he's better than Blacks as a whole.

I bet he thinks he's better than people who want the government to give them their food and housing for free, regardless of race or religion or creed, but not better than an entire Race of people. If he does, in his heart, really believe that he's better than an entire Race, then he's a moron. I don't think he's a moron.

And as for your entertainers that "take themselves seriously"

Susan Sarandon, Tom Cruise, Al Frankin, Tim Robbins, Sean Penn Alec Baldwin, David Letterman, Jay Leno, all take themselves pretty seriously. want more?

The point is, I don't think Rush is a Bigot or a Racist. He's a radio talk show host that wouldn't have lasted 20 years in the business if he really was a racist or bigot.

I think he'd be a good owner for the Rams too. Because of the reasons I pointed out earlier in the thread.

Good points Dino. Again, I agree here.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I would rather see facts and examples supporting the partisan potshots, rather than prejudiced opinions, feelings & olfactory senses. :chuckle:

SteelerEmpire
10-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Ok.... Al Sharpton has got in this now.... D. McNabb also has more to say.... LINK:http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-10-12-al-sharpton-rush-limbaugh_N.htm

this stuff is getting better, and better......ha ha

tony hipchest
10-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Good points Dino. Again, I agree here.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I would rather see obama brought into every single thread that has absolutely nothing to do with him. :chuckle:

fixed.

"bu..bu..bu..obama" :coffee:

Preacher
10-12-2009, 11:13 PM

thats fine. everyone is entitled to their opinion. i can smell a bigot a mile away .

Wow. Good for you.. better get it check though, as his most famous sidekick, Mr. Snerdly, is black.

What, was he FORCED on Rush? :rolleyes:

And before you cry out :link: as if I would just make it up...

http://www.zimbio.com/Bo+Snerdly

Here is a pic... http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/mp/T4BJuVox9fMs.jpg

What a racist!

tony hipchest
10-12-2009, 11:39 PM
What a racist!

your words... not mine. :smile:

Preacher
10-13-2009, 05:02 AM
your words... not mine. :smile:

I find it quite telling that of everything I posted, those were the only words you could respond to.

:coffee::coffee: <-- Means my post is cooler than yours I guess :hunch:

Vincent
10-13-2009, 07:35 AM
Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot,

http://artoriuscastus.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/franken4.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Rush-Limbaugh-Big-Fat-Idiot/dp/0440508649

GBMelBlount
10-13-2009, 07:36 AM
Wow. Good for you.. better get it check though, as his most famous sidekick, Mr. Snerdly, is black.

What, was he FORCED on Rush? :rolleyes:

And before you cry out :link: as if I would just make it up...

http://www.zimbio.com/Bo+Snerdly

Here is a pic... http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/mp/T4BJuVox9fMs.jpg

What a racist!

It may be true that Mr. Snerdly is black, but this was obviously done to throw people off his "scent".

This is just further proof that Rush IS a racist and there is no doubt that Rush thinks he is better than Snerdly.

I can just feel it.

In fact, this just sends my olfactory senses into overdrive. :rofl:

revefsreleets
10-13-2009, 08:00 AM
By the way, I'm reasonably sure about the only thing that matters when it comes to owning anything in this country is money. If Limbaugh wants to buy the Rams, and he has the money, why not?

How do you think Obama came out of nowhere and won the Presidency? He outspent his opponent. Everything is for sale, and anybody can buy anything they want if they have the jack..."Only in America"...

SteelersinCA
10-14-2009, 02:32 AM
Wait a second. Rush says McNabb is overrated, reasonable sports opinion at the time. Then he follows that up with McNabb is overrated because he is a black QB. Again, how is that racist? He's not saying a white QB is better, he didn't even say McNabb is a bad QB, he said he is overrated.

Secondly, how is it that you can have a sport in which almost 500 players have been arrested/charged since 2000 for a myriad of ILLEGAL activities ranging from domestic abuse to weapons charges to DUI to killing dogs to murder and no one has a problem with them playing in the NFL? That blows my mind. All these guys deserve a second chance but Rush says something, not illegal, debatably racist and the NFL players are going to protest? Are you sh*tting me?

Do we all agree Rush is an entertainer? If so, how come no one threw a fit when Jay-Z became an owner in the NBA? Have you heard some of the stuff he has said or rapped about?

I got 99 problems but a b*tch ain't one - classic, not demeaning to women or sexist at all, he along with plenty of other rappers constantly rap about slinging drugs, murder, hoes, b*tches, the list goes on and on and on. But nobody cared when he became an owner.

I have no problem with Rush or Jay-Z. I find value in both of their entertainment. I just think it's retarded to bitch about one and not the other. I think it's insane for players to accept the abuse of women and animals and determine that their brethren deserve a second chance, but to say they wouldn't play for Rush.

You can't tell me there is not a ridiculous double standard here. Rush made some controversial comments but he didn't do ANYTHING ILLEGAL! For once I'd love to see the players union stand upand say, you know what, you beat your wife/girlfriend, you can't play football anymore. That will be the day.

The_WARDen
10-14-2009, 06:55 AM
Hilarious and true.

32. St. Louis Rams: If Rush Limbaugh buys the team, will the pain pills in the training room get more potent?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtO8SV79z9U7bWqEbMhYk61DubYF?slug=ms-32questions1013009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

KeiselPower99
10-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Jimmy Buffett. Gloria and Emilio Estefan and Marc Anthony and Serena and Venus Williams and now Fergie are all part owners of the Dolphins. And people are worried that Rush will ruin the reputation of the NFL.

Donr forger JLo and Marc Anthony are owners as well. As for Limbaugh I have 1 question to all the people who are against him as an owner cause he is a racist. What if Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton wanted to buy the Rams instead.? They are nothing but 2 bit street corner preachers who always bring race into the conversation. I have no attachment to this story one way or another. But if your gonna complain about one side what about the other.

SteelerEmpire
10-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Quote by Limbaugh : “The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and Crips without any weapons. There I said it.”

..... Rush "sure" knows how to win friends outside of the die-hard conservative ranks...

Dino 6 Rings
10-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Quote by Limbaugh : “The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and Crips without any weapons. There I said it.” ...

So he'd have a good locker room full of class individuals with good morals and no off the field baggage like "making it rain" or "straight cash homey"

Interesting.

RunWillieRun
10-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Quote by Limbaugh : “The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and Crips without any weapons. There I said it.”

..... Rush "sure" knows how to win friends outside of the die-hard conservative ranks...

So how do we know if this is an accurate quote? Why not provide a link to the original soundbite where Rush said that?

There are a lot of supposed Limbaugh 'quotes' going around that nobody can seem to back up with evidence that they actually were said by Rush.

revefsreleets
10-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Actually, he is suing over this and another quote wrongly attributed to him.

Fine to bash if you don't like him, but not cool posting "quotes" of his that he never actually said...

SteelerEmpire
10-14-2009, 12:17 PM
NFL Commish (Goodell) speaks out against Limbaugh (10/14/09).... LINK: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-10-13-rush-limbaugh-owners-meetings_N.htm

revefsreleets
10-14-2009, 12:27 PM
And the misquotes are still flying around. A couple things come to mind here...

A) You can't convict a guy like Limbaugh for ONE thing he said years ago AND let someone like Ray Lewis or Mike Vick back into the league. It's hypocritical
B) You cannot condemn a man for quotes that ARE NOT HIS!
C) Good deal is out of line...it's not his job to be PC. He just needs to manage the league....this isn't his decision anyway, it's up to 24 of the 32 league owners.

Steelerstrength
10-14-2009, 02:12 PM

A) You can't convict a guy like Limbaugh for ONE thing he said years ago AND let someone like Ray Lewis or Mike Vick back into the league. It's hypocritical
C) Good deal is out of line...it's not his job to be PC. He just needs to manage the league....this isn't his decision anyway, it's up to 24 of the 32 league owners.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/estack_12_13_06/the_classless_nfl_culture_.guest.html

All I had to do is check the transcripts on Rush Limbaugh.com

He may not be a racist, but he makes quite a few divisive, racist comments that are insulting. Call it what your experience in life has formed, personal perspective.

That said, I don't have a problem with Rush being an NFL owner, especially with all the precedence that has been the last few years.

revefsreleets
10-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Didn't see a single thing there that was racist, but, then again, I'm not handicapped by the albatross of white guilt, so I can't really speak for all the white people who are...

I heard on NPR today that he was suing over these comments, claiming he never made them...perhaps it was in reference to some of the more incendiary quotes that have been attributed to him.

Anyway, whatever...I'm not PC and I abhor political correctness (and I'm NO Rush Limbaugh fan), and that's all this pretty much whittles itself down to.

Classic tempest in a teapot.

KeiselPower99
10-14-2009, 02:40 PM

Couldnt agree more. Maybe Goodell is trying to be more like the government and wants total control of the NFL.

revefsreleets
10-14-2009, 02:44 PM
I should add the caveat that even if he DID say some of those things, you still can't discriminate against him because of that...ESPECIALLY in the NFL, where they both allow crack smoking idiots (Lawrence Taylor) and killers (OJ) to pollute their Hall of Fame.

Preacher
10-14-2009, 04:03 PM
I don't know, I have a couple white buddies.... one is a blood the other a crip... (long ago, they came out the gangs).

So is it race, or attitude here? WHy does everyone IMMEDIATELY associate it with blacks? Isn't that a racist association in itself?

revefsreleets
10-14-2009, 04:19 PM
I don't know, I have a couple white buddies.... one is a blood the other a crip... (long ago, they came out the gangs).

So is it race, or attitude here? WHy does everyone IMMEDIATELY associate it with blacks? Isn't that a racist association in itself?

No...blacks and white liberals cannot BE racists...and the latter are ALWAYS intellectually superior to ANY conservative, therefore just naturally right in any debate.

The Patriot
10-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Look, nobody is arguing that Rush Limbaugh isn't a wonderful, talented, fair-minded human being, but why should a man of his stature limit himself to the NFL? Why, he could shoot for the NHL, MLS, or even the UFL! Now, don't get me wrong, if there is one thing I think the NFL needs, its more politics, but I don't think we're ready for somebody like Limbaugh yet.

revefsreleets
10-14-2009, 04:42 PM
He's going to be nothing more than a minority owner...and I don't believe the current owners have even yet agreed to sell...this molehill is getting WAY to much mountain play...

KeiselPower99
10-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Look, nobody is arguing that Rush Limbaugh isn't a wonderful, talented, fair-minded human being, but why should a man of his stature limit himself to the NFL? Why, he could shoot for the NHL, MLS, or even the UFL! Now, don't get me wrong, if there is one thing I think the NFL needs, its more politics, but I don't think we're ready for somebody like Limbaugh yet.

The UFL has Nancy Pelosi. So I dont see Limbaugh being to welcomed over there.

Steelerstrength
10-14-2009, 05:50 PM

Hey Preach, sounds like you've befriended a couple of people with a harsh case of identity crisis! :chuckle:

And for your "...IMMEDIATELY..." rhetoric, you cannot possibly be serious!? (borrowed from McEnroe)

Steelerstrength
10-14-2009, 05:56 PM
No...blacks and white liberals cannot BE racists...and the latter are ALWAYS intellectually superior to ANY conservative, therefore just naturally right in any debate.

I'll play.

And within your personal philosophy, what category do those of us who are Brown fit in?

Leftoverhard
10-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Gloria and Emilio Estefan

LMFAO - I love how you turned those two people into a married couple; with her last name...

I read this whole thread and I think some people are confused by the word "racism."

A racist is pretty basic: a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others.

Rush Limbaugh fits that definition to a tee.

tony hipchest
10-14-2009, 06:19 PM
revs is right. rush is really only in with money and as a backer. a big boy owning a big toy. i believe ist the Checkits (sp?) group who will be running the major operation. i only know them from their ownership of the utah jazz and always thought they ran a solid organization ever since malone/stockton/and of course sloan.

with that being said, they are dumping rush, realizing he has become a distraction and is not what the league represents or wants, which i find funny.

just like bill belichick, i see rush as a pompus prick and will always root for both to lose.

SteelerEmpire
10-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Limbaugh Gets Dropped From Ownership Bid..... :noidea::wave:

LINK: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/14/checketts-confirms-that-limbaugh-dropped-from-ownership-bid/

GBMelBlount
10-14-2009, 06:42 PM
A racist is pretty basic: a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others.

Rush Limbaugh fits that definition to a tee.

Seriously Leftover, can you present anything factual to back up your assertion that "Rush Limbaugh fits the definition of a racist to a tee"?

Or is this just a feeling you have, like Tony's keen sense of smell? :chuckle:

tony hipchest
10-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Limbaugh Gets Dropped From Ownership Bid..... :noidea::wave:

LINK: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/14/checketts-confirms-that-limbaugh-dropped-from-ownership-bid/
the eggs he laid about 5 years ago finally came home to roost.

that sucks for him because like having a swimming pool full of the hillbilly heroin pils, owning an nfl team has probably been something he's dreamed about for a long time.

oh well, maybe he can strike a sponsorship deal with "first dudes" iditarod team, up in alaska, or something.

:sofunny:

X-Terminator
10-14-2009, 08:08 PM
revs is right. rush is really only in with money and as a backer. a big boy owning a big toy. i believe ist the Checkits (sp?) group who will be running the major operation. i only know them from their ownership of the utah jazz and always thought they ran a solid organization ever since malone/stockton/and of course sloan.

with that being said, they are dumping rush, realizing he has become a distraction and is not what the league represents or wants, which i find funny.

just like bill belichick, i see rush as a pompus prick and will always root for both to lose.

Yes, I agree with Rush being a pompous prick, and that's the main reason why I don't like him. But I don't think he's a racist. Prejudiced? Yes, no question. There's a difference between the two. He also loves his stereotypes. But then again, find me one person who isn't prejudiced or believes stereotypes. You can't. Just look at the Republicans vs. Democrats discussions around here for a prime example. And I'm certain that every owner in the league is the same way.

But anyway, he's been dropped from the group, and that's that. The league has the right to approve or deny anyone the right to own a franchise for any reason.

tony hipchest
10-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Yes, I agree with Rush being a pompous prick, and that's the main reason why I don't like him. But I don't think he's a racist. Prejudiced? Yes, no question. There's a difference between the two. He also loves his stereotypes. .well, i certainly didnt call him a racist, so whoever did will have to defend their own words.

i did however call rush a bigot (which is what he is... no question), and i will gladly stand by that statement.

i definitely know the difference between the 2.

Preacher
10-14-2009, 08:45 PM
well, i certainly didnt call him a racist, so whoever did will have to defend their own words.

i did however call rush a bigot (which is what he is... no question), and i will gladly stand by that statement.

i definitely know the difference between the 2.

Bigoted? I don't know if I would call him intolerant of ANY different belief or creed.

He is very tolerant of many different creeds and beliefs. He is just not tolerant of liberalism on his radio show, nor anything that liberalism produces.

No, I don't call him bigoted.

I do however, call him foolish. He pours gas on fires that need to be left alone.

I also agree with you he is pompous and arrogant.

Definitely not my favorite person in the world. But I have to admit this, he IS entertaining---and not half as bigoted as Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson etc. They are not only bigoted, but racist.

tony hipchest
10-14-2009, 08:57 PM
"bu..bu..bu... jackson" :rolleyes:

"bu.. bu...bu..sharpton..."

"bu..bu...bu... rev. do wright"

i still dont see what any of this has to do with rush making remarks that the NFL, its players, and the media, find disparaging and insulting, and then turning around several years later and trying to buy in.

bigot-

* a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own.

# one who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; one who is strongly partial to one's own group.

n.
One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

preacher, you go by your definition, and i will go by the actual one.

as far as being entertaining, i think his schtick jumped the shark back in '92 or so when fox gave him a late night tv show to rip clinton.

i mean, whether it be sports or news, atleast olberman can show some wit and be funny. all rush has is some stupid impersonation of somebody with a lisp. :yawn: that shit is SO tired.

cubanstogie
10-14-2009, 09:37 PM

i still dont see what any of this has to do with rush making remarks that the NFL, its players, and the media, find disparaging and insulting, and then turning around several years later and trying to buy in.

bigot-

# one who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; one who is strongly partial to one's own group.

n.
One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

as far as being entertaining, i think his schtick jumped the shark back in '92 or so when fox gave him a late night tv show to rip clinton.

i mean, whether it be sports or news, atleast olberman can show some wit and be funny. all rush has is some stupid impersonation of somebody with a lisp. :yawn: that shit is SO tired.

If Oberman was so witty and funny I would think his ratings would be a wee bit higher. To compare Keith to Rush is apples to oranges. Rush has a huge audience and Obermann has whoever is channel surfing. Now I wouldn't waste my time listening to either but whatever Rush has done to get barred from the NFL is nothing compared to most of what the players in the league have done. Rush just proved you can't rip on a black QB or you are labeled a racist just like you can't rip on a black president. If Bush were black , you would be head of the KKK.

GBMelBlount
10-14-2009, 10:23 PM
tony hipchest

bigot

n.

Good point Tony.

By definition you're a bigot too.

You semantic wizard you. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
10-14-2009, 10:29 PM
If Oberman was so witty and funny I would think his ratings would be a wee bit higher. To compare Keith to Rush is apples to oranges. Rush has a huge audience and Obermann has whoever is channel surfing. Now I wouldn't waste my time listening to either but whatever Rush has done to get barred from the NFL is nothing compared to most of what the players in the league have done. Rush just proved you can't rip on a black QB or you are labeled a racist just like you can't rip on a black president. If Bush were black , you would be head of the KKK.well olberman has proven he can actually hold down a a job talking sports on TV (whether it be espn or nbc).

rush? not so much. his schtick is strictly for radio. maybe he should do some orson wells, read "war of the worlds", and whip the nation up in a frenzied panic.

oh wait..... :coffee:

rush isnt being blackballed for being supposedly racist, and ripping on mcnabb. he is reaping what he sowed because he said the NFL and the MEDIA, was propping up mcnabb, simply because he was black.

of course the nfl and the media wanted mcnabb to suceed, but that has MUCH more to do with him being a genuinely likable guy and tru competitor, than it did the color of his skin.

i mean really, can you name me all the quarterbacks the nfl and national media hasnt wanted to see succeed?

maybe you can say jeff george or ryan leaf, but that had more to do with them being complete dicks as opposed to the color of their skin.

why would the nfl want to see any of its players fail, and why would they prop up certain ones for a dog and pony show?

according to limbaughs twisted bigoted logic, the nfl and media wanna see coaches like tomlin, lovie smith, and dungy succeed, and are rooting for the likes of belichick, coughlin, and mcdaniels to fail, based soley on the color of their skin.

i dont blame the nfl, its players, or any of its fans for feeling insulted by such "holier than thou" hogwash.

rush sealed his own fate and i laugh at anyone who is feeling sorry for him. just take solice in the fact that the rooneys (who know more about ownership in this league than anybody else) wouldnt touch his stank ass with a 10 foot pole when they were searching for "minority" owners.

(go john stallworth! :tt02:)

tony hipchest
10-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Good point Tony.

By definition you're a bigot too.

You semantic wizard you. :chuckle:

:toofunny:

someone give this man the gold medal or cybercookie he so desperately needs!

i dont believe im a communist therefore i am a bigot by definition... hilarious!

"crack is wack"

Preacher
10-14-2009, 10:37 PM

bigot-

n.

Sigh.

I actually QUOTED a "REAL" definition. here, let me give you the definition and the link

big⋅ot

 http://sp.ask.com/dictstatic/g/d/speaker.gif (http://dictionary.reference.com/audio.html/lunaWAV/B03/B0321700) /ˈbɪghttp://sp.ask.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngət/ http://sp.ask.com/dictstatic/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html) Show Spelled Pronunciation [big-uhhttp://sp.ask.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngt] http://sp.ask.com/dictstatic/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.html) Show IPA Use bigot in a Sentence (http://ask.reference.com/web?q=Use+bigot+in+a+Sentence&qsrc=2892&o=101993)

See web results for bigot (http://ask.reference.com/web?q=bigot&o=100049)

See images of bigot (http://ask.reference.com/pictures?q=bigot&o=100049)

–noun a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

Origin:
1590–1600; < MF (OF: derogatory name applied by the French to the Normans), perh. < OE bī God by Godhttp://sp.ask.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigot

Oh wait....

I forgot, any of MY sources don't count for ya.

Sorry, forgot we were playing by Politony rules.

cubanstogie
10-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Pompous, Arrogant, Bigot, Racist so what. None of those adjectives should keep someone from partially owning a football team. It would seem to be poor qualities for a reverend to own though, but no liberal brought that up in the election. The hypocrisy from the left is sickening. Did Rush injure or kill someone under the influence of oxycontin. His so called crimes didn't effect any other person. Unlike many NFL players who routinely assault wives or girlfriends, do drugs, and tote illegal guns around like they are Doc Holliday.

SteelerEmpire
10-14-2009, 10:44 PM
The world has a hand-full of people that's "painted themselves in a corner " and can't get out.... I think Rush Limbaugh is "one" of them.....

tony hipchest
10-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Sigh.

I actually QUOTED a "REAL" definition. here, let me give you the definition and the link

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigot

Oh wait....

I forgot, any of MY sources don't count for ya.

Sorry, forgot we were playing by Politony rules.unfortunately it appears we are playing by preacher rules where ones opinion is the absolute for truth i.e. to be accepted as gospel.

but then again, those are the rules some taken upon themselves to set for this board, so while in rome...

in the meantime i will simply sit back and laugh at your attempts to defend rush not being a bigot....

(and feel sorry for the likes of gbmelzzzzz who are TOTALLY clueless as to the meaning of the word.)

cubanstogie
10-14-2009, 10:50 PM
well olberman has proven he can actually hold down a a job talking sports on TV (whether it be espn or nbc).

rush? not so much. his schtick is strictly for radio. maybe he should do some orson wells, read "war of the worlds", and whip the nation up in a frenzied panic.

oh wait..... :coffee:

rush isnt being blackballed for being supposedly racist, and ripping on mcnabb. he is reaping what he sowed because he said the NFL and the MEDIA, was propping up mcnabb, simply because he was black.

of course the nfl and the media wanted mcnabb to suceed, but that has MUCH more to do with him being a genuinely likable guy and tru competitor, than it did the color of his skin.

i mean really, can you name me all the quarterbacks the nfl and national media hasnt wanted to see succeed?

maybe you can say jeff george or ryan leaf, but that had more to do with them being complete dicks as opposed to the color of their skin.

why would the nfl want to see any of its players fail, and why would they prop up certain ones for a dog and pony show?

according to limbaughs twisted bigoted logic, the nfl and media wanna see coaches like tomlin, lovie smith, and dungy succeed, and are rooting for the likes of belichick, coughlin, and mcdaniels to fail, based soley on the color of their skin.

i dont blame the nfl, its players, or any of its fans for feeling insulted by such "holier than thou" hogwash.

rush sealed his own fate and i laugh at anyone who is feeling sorry for him. just take solice in the fact that the rooneys (who know more about ownership in this league than anybody else) wouldnt touch his stank ass with a 10 foot pole when they were searching for "minority" owners.

(go john stallworth! :tt02:)

I don't feel sorry for Rush in the least. I would just like a level playing field.

tony hipchest
10-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Pompous, Arrogant, Bigot, Racist so what. None of those adjectives should keep someone from partially owning a football team. It would seem to be poor qualities for a reverend to own though, but no liberal brought that up in the election. The hypocrisy from the left is sickening. Did Rush injure or kill someone under the influence of oxycontin. His so called crimes didn't effect any other person. Unlike many NFL players who routinely assault wives or girlfriends, do drugs, and tote illegal guns around like they are Doc Holliday.you trying to make this political is what is sickening. the nfl owners nor the commish want him, nor does the ownership group that initially proposed him as an invester. the last i checked, in a free enterpise, capitalist society, a privately owned enterprize can choose to sell to whoever the hell they want too.

just because he has money, doesnt mean he can buy nfl teams like its oxycontin.

go hold your candle light vigil for rush, though. i promise i wont hold it against ya.

tony hipchest
10-14-2009, 10:58 PM
I don't feel sorry for Rush in the least. I would just like a level playing field.

you mean like a socialist or communist playing field?

cubanstogie
10-14-2009, 11:03 PM
you mean like a socialist or communist playing field?

I don't want a tie game Tony, I want a level playing field. There is a difference. Socialism equals tie, more like no keeping score.Lets just give everyone a touchdown.

tony hipchest
10-14-2009, 11:18 PM
I don't want a tie game Tony, I want a level playing field. There is a difference. Socialism equals tie, more like no keeping score.Lets just give everyone a touchdown. but what you are saying sounds an awful lot like saying that the rooneys shoulda been forced to sell to stanley drukenmiller simply because he had the capital and the will to "jump into the game".

sounds good on paper, but it simply is not how it works.

i may have a house up for sell, but just because some chump shows up with a blank check, doesnt mean i have to sell.

what is not "fair" about that?

Preacher
10-15-2009, 01:15 AM
unfortunately it appears we are playing by preacher rules where ones opinion is the absolute for truth i.e. to be accepted as gospel.

but then again, those are the rules some taken upon themselves to set for this board, so while in rome...

in the meantime i will simply sit back and laugh at your attempts to defend rush not being a bigot....

(and feel sorry for the likes of gbmelzzzzz who are TOTALLY clueless as to the meaning of the word.)

Sigh. . . It wasn't me that was play by my own rules... I was just pointing out that my use of Bigot was ALSO a definitional use.....

OH wait... It was TONY that was saying that HIS opinion of the right definition is the RIGHT one....

--awaiting the next polititony twist.

revefsreleets
10-15-2009, 08:26 AM
I'll play.

And within your personal philosophy, what category do those of us who are Brown fit in?

This is not my personal philosophy (my personal philosophy is much more complicated and common sense-based, but it's also politically incorrect, so, as far as you're probably concerned, the following might as well be "true")it's the predominant way of thinking amongst liberal "intellectuals". Conservatives are uncaring, insensitive, atavistic, unthinking racists barbarians.

Brown people are certainly NOT capable of being racists either. If gangs of blacks (or browns)commit overtly racist attacks on white people, that's STILL not racism. Only conservative WASP's can be racists...

revefsreleets
10-15-2009, 08:39 AM
By the by, Rush addresses some of the quotes that have been wrongly attributed to him here...

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_101309/content/01125108.guest.html

RunWillieRun
10-15-2009, 09:06 AM
By the by, Rush addresses some of the quotes that have been wrongly attributed to him here...

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_101309/content/01125108.guest.html

I would love to see Rush sue these joke sports "journalists" and others who have, in print and voice on CNN and MSNBC, attributed the false quotes to him. If I were him and had his money I would sue these pathetic hacks for every penny their worth and donate the winnings to charity.

GBMelBlount
10-15-2009, 09:09 AM
This is not my personal philosophy (my personal philosophy is much more complicated and common sense-based, but it's also politically incorrect, so, as far as you're probably concerned, the following might as well be "true")it's the predominant way of thinking amongst liberal "intellectuals". Conservatives are uncaring, insensitive, atavistic, unthinking racists barbarians.

Brown people are certainly NOT capable of being racists either. If gangs of blacks (or browns)commit overtly racist attacks on white people, that's STILL not racism. Only conservative WASP's can be racists...

Completely agree Revs.

Also, while Rush technically could be called a bigot because he is a strong conservative and appears intolerant of others in that sense, ironically, it could be argued that liberals are the biggest bigots and least tolerant of all. They are not only intolerant and outright bitter toward conservatives in general, but they are also generally intolerant of facts and figures that clearly show the absurdity and failure of their liberal beliefs and programs.

Dino 6 Rings
10-15-2009, 11:55 AM
So now that he can't buy the team and has been left go from the initial group. Can we close this thread or are we going to keep it open and continue the "Rush is he or isn't he a Bigot" debate?

Steelboy84
10-15-2009, 12:02 PM
As long as he's not trying to get into OUR organization, I could care less.

Dino 6 Rings
10-15-2009, 12:15 PM
As long as he's not trying to get into OUR organization, I could care less.

Well you do know he IS a Steelers fan right?

pitt
10-15-2009, 12:31 PM
The NFL should be ashamed of the way they handled this whole situation.

Personally I think Rush was right. McNabb is overrated and always has been.

The_WARDen
10-15-2009, 01:22 PM
ehh...he'll blame the Clintons and take some meds.

He'll be back to his hate-mongering in no time.

:rofl:

Steelerstrength
10-15-2009, 01:38 PM

That's some funny shit! I have to laugh when I see the most stereotypical opinions written or said, even at a safe distance, because it really is funny! :thumbsup:

We know this type of rhetoric oozes from both sides of the isle but I'm a bit surprised that you chose to give it air!

GBMelBlount
10-15-2009, 02:14 PM
That's some funny shit! I have to laugh when I see the most stereotypical opinions written or said, even at a safe distance, because it really is funny! :thumbsup:

We know this type of rhetoric oozes from both sides of the isle but I'm a bit surprised that you chose to give it air!

Good point D.

Although I completely agree with what Revs is saying here, I am also a bit surprised he would be so honest and open as to "give it air", as many will now try to paint him as a stereotypical bigot regardless of whether or not there is any truth or accuracy to what he is actually saying.

Well Revs, perhaps you know how Rush feels now......

revefsreleets
10-15-2009, 02:15 PM

You chose to erroneously pidgeonhole me simply because I defended a politically incorrect talk show host. Still not sure how describing something makes me a proponent of the thing I describe, and it's positively "Hippchestian" of you to make the giant leap that I was somehow describing my own personal philosophy...

The patronizing tone is cute, though... the subtle undertone of inferred intellectual superiority. In the same thread you accuse me of something while practicing the very same thing you pretend to be "above". Interesting...

Also, by "safe distance", are you inferring that I'd be under some kind of threat were I to speak this way to you in person? Because physical violence is a very non-liberal, anti-intellectual trait, and I'd hate to think that you were being hypocritical...

Steelerstrength
10-15-2009, 02:42 PM
You chose to erroneously pidgeonhole me simply because I defended a politically incorrect talk show host. Still not sure how describing something makes me a proponent of the thing I describe, and it's positively "Hippchestian" of you to make the giant leap that I was somehow describing my own personal philosophy...

The patronizing tone is cute, though... the subtle undertone of inferred intellectual superiority. In the same thread you accuse me of something while practicing the very same thing you pretend to be "above". Interesting...

Also, by "safe distance", are you inferring that I'd be under some kind of threat were I to speak this way to you in person? Because physical violence is a very non-liberal, anti-intellectual trait, and I'd hate to think that you were being hypocritical...

Wow, where did all this come from? How did you get "...pigeonhole..." out of my request for clarification in regards to my skin-tone, which you had not mentioned? Forgive me for suggesting it was your personal philosophy (you wrote it), but thanks for the clarification in the subsequent post. (thus distance written, not geographical)

In regards to a patronizing tone, I can't help you with your perception on that one. On the contrary, I was giving you props for the humor, and following that with my surprise that you felt a necessity to point out some obvious rantings of the extreme. It was a compliment to your intellect.

Sorry you felt threatened.

And, on a separate note, I think there are appropriate times when physical violence is an asset. It has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but since you made mention.

Steelerstrength
10-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Good point D.

Although I completely agree with what Revs is saying here, I am also a bit surprised he would be so honest and open as to "give it air", as many will now try to paint him as a stereotypical bigot regardless of whether or not there is any truth or accuracy to what he is actually saying.

Well Revs, perhaps you know how Rush feels now......

Hey GB, thanks for understanding the point of my post! I get what he's after, and have no issue with what he's saying. He clarified himself well!

cubanstogie
10-15-2009, 03:02 PM
but what you are saying sounds an awful lot like saying that the rooneys shoulda been forced to sell to stanley drukenmiller simply because he had the capital and the will to "jump into the game".

sounds good on paper, but it simply is not how it works.

i may have a house up for sell, but just because some chump shows up with a blank check, doesnt mean i have to sell.

what is not "fair" about that?

you can sell your house to whoever you wish, just like the owner of a football team can sell to who they want. I could understand If the Lamb's owners didn't want to sell to him, what I can't is Goodell not allowing him too, and I laugh at players who state they would not play for him. I think a few million a year would change there mind when it came right down to it. Being a bigot and once addicted to oxycontin should not warrant not being affiliated with an NFL team like Goodell suggested. I am not even a Rush fan, I am a freedom of speech fan even when its not politically correct. You libs only like freedom of speech at your own protests not conservatives.

Preacher
10-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Wow this thread gets more and more funny all the time.

Rush- SHould have the freedom of speech to say what he wants.

NFL- should have the freedom of association to associate with nor not associate with Rush.

Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton- hasn't found a race issue yet that they can't find a way to squeeze their names into and maybe a few dollars out of.

Obama- Finally showed enough intelligence to stay out of an issue playing out in the American press.

(oops, I mentioned Obama... Better get ready for Tony "ObamaProtector" Hipchest!) I KNOW he can't leave THIS statement alone... even though I gave Obama credit for something.

Dino 6 Rings
10-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Would Howard Stern or Larry Flint be allowed to invest in an NFL Team?

What about Oberman? or Sean Penn?

I think the NFL is doing the correct thing in general by staying away from All potentially controversial owners. No need to rock the ship.

However if they turn around and do allow someone like a Larry Flint or Glenn Beck to invest or own an NFL Franchise, then they have to sleep in that bed.

JackHammer
10-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Limbaugh is first and foremost an entertainer. Saying they won't play for him is like saying they could never play. for Ed Norton because of the role he played in the early part of "American History X"

The difference is that Norton was playing a part in a film that the viewing public understood was fiction, while Limbaugh speaks his own opinion(and those of the party he supports) on a show that people DO NOT view as fiction. As a matter of fact a lot of people on the right see him as THEIR VOICE. Do you really think they're watching for pure entertainment? They, just like ppl who religiously watch Olberman, are listening to him b/c they want to hear someone who reinforces their own beliefs and gives them ammo to take to their next political argument with their friends. Many times those opinions, that Limbaugh OPENLY ATTRIBUTES TO HIMSELF, are completely contrary to the image that the NFL wants to represent. Obviously Rush has every right to say what he wants. Likewise the NFL and it's owners, many of whom are CONSERVATIVE, have every right to say thanks but no thanks.

cubanstogie
10-15-2009, 06:29 PM
The difference is that Norton was playing a part in a film that the viewing public understood was fiction, while Limbaugh speaks his own opinion(and those of the party he supports) on a show that people DO NOT view as fiction. As a matter of fact a lot of people on the right see him as THEIR VOICE. Do you really think they're watching for pure entertainment? They, just like ppl who religiously watch Olberman, are listening to him b/c they want to hear someone who reinforces their own beliefs and gives them ammo to take to their next political argument with their friends. Many times those opinions, that Limbaugh OPENLY ATTRIBUTES TO HIMSELF, are completely contrary to the image that the NFL wants to represent. Obviously Rush has every right to say what he wants. Likewise the NFL and it's owners, many of whom are CONSERVATIVE, have every right to say thanks but no thanks.

What Rush says pales in comparison to what Ray, Stallworth, Pac Man and Vick have actually done to harm other people, yet they all are a part of the NFL. If Rev Wright were to be denied any affiliation with the NFL, racism would be shouted everywhere, that is the difference. Its typical liberal/ media bias. And Tony states this is not political but everything with Rush comes down to politics.

JackHammer
10-15-2009, 07:04 PM
What Rush says pales in comparison to what Ray, Stallworth, Pac Man and Vick have actually done to harm other people, yet they all are a part of the NFL. If Rev Wright were to be denied any affiliation with the NFL, racism would be shouted everywhere, that is the difference. Its typical liberal/ media bias. And Tony states this is not political but everything with Rush comes down to politics.

And Rush doesn't bring that on himself??? I'm not defending anything that anyone else said in this thread. Just stating my own thoughts. And you're probably right about rev wright and racism being shouted if he were denied. Just like right now how conservatives ALL ACROSS the country are shouting "Liberal media". Hypocrite much???? And while I agree that Liberal media outlets did their best to make a shitstorm out of this, it still doesn't explain why Rush didn't get any support from ANY of the conservative owners in the league. What could explain it is the fact that they employ a lot of black people, and they develop relationships with these guys. I doubt they want to walk into their locker room and explain to their largely African American roster why they supported an owner who said something as dumb as what Rush said about McNabb.

cubanstogie
10-15-2009, 07:28 PM
And Rush doesn't bring that on himself??? I'm not defending anything that anyone else said in this thread. Just stating my own thoughts. And you're probably right about rev wright and racism being shouted if he were denied. Just like right now how conservatives ALL ACROSS the country are shouting "Liberal media". Hypocrite much???? And while I agree that Liberal media outlets did their best to make a shitstorm out of this, it still doesn't explain why Rush didn't get any support from ANY of the conservative owners in the league. What could explain it is the fact that they employ a lot of black people, and they develop relationships with these guys. I doubt they want to walk into their locker room and explain to their largely African American roster why they supported an owner who said something as dumb as what Rush said about McNabb.

What Rush said about McNabb was controversial, not racist. Controversial is only OK if you are affiliated with the party on the left. Business is business, I could understand NFL owners not wanting to touch this Rush ownership thing but the media witchunt and lying about Rush quotes is plain wrong, especially when it is led by crooks like Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

JackHammer
10-15-2009, 07:45 PM
What Rush said about McNabb was controversial, not racist. Controversial is only OK if you are affiliated with the party on the left. Business is business, I could understand NFL owners not wanting to touch this Rush ownership thing but the media witchunt and lying about Rush quotes is plain wrong, especially when it is led by crooks like Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

I really don't disagree with you overall, I'm just saying that's the real reason why owners won't support him. The McNabb issue will always be perceived, or construed, as racist. It doesn't matter that what he said wasn't actually racist. The perception is already there and the NFL is gonna try to stay as far away from it as possible. Even so, setting race aside(if that's possible in America these days), the NFL isn't exactly gonna embrace a guy who openly questioned one of their teams like that. Simply put, the NFL as a whole has probably been pretty pissed at him ever since he said it. Hell they're probably the ones who told ESPN to can him.

revefsreleets
10-16-2009, 07:49 AM
Bottom line: What Rush said was controversial, not racist. I don't believe he's a racist. I DO find it interesting though that it is once again the liberals who are telling people what they can and cannot do...in this case, Rush CANNOT own a football team because they said so...and liberals always know what's best for everyone, don't they?

By the way, just so we're clear, here are a couple examples of REAL racism.

Interracial couple denied marriage license:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091016/ap_on_re_us/us_interracial_rebuff

Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday.

Black teen mob attacks white family:
http://www.ohio.com/news/50172282.html

Akron police say they aren't ready to call it a hate crime or a gang initiation.

Out of nowhere, the six were attacked by dozens of teenage boys, who shouted ''This is our world'' and ''This is a black world'' as they confronted Marshall and his family.

GBMelBlount
10-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Hey GB, thanks for understanding the point of my post! I get what he's after, and have no issue with what he's saying. He clarified himself well!

Thanks for being tactful, as always D, but as you know, I didn't really understand your post. :chuckle:

What I came away with is simply that Revs was making light of the fact that there are different criteria for a white or conservative to be considered prejudice, racist, a bigot, or committing a hate crime as compared to when a "minority" person or protected group does it. And I do believe this to be true, that's all. :drink:

MACH1
10-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Does anyone see the double standard here?

Goodeal says he wont let rush in because it would hurt the integrity of the nfl.

But the like of murderer's, pot heads, drug dealers, dog killers and woman beaters are allowed.

cubanstogie
10-16-2009, 12:48 PM

Goodeal says he wont let rush in because it would hurt the integrity of the nfl.

But the like of murderer's, pot heads, drug dealers, dog killers and woman beaters are allowed.

everyone but liberals see the double standard, they are like talking to a wall.

fansince'76
10-16-2009, 12:51 PM

And cheaters are let off practically scot-free. Integrity? Please. :coffee:

MACH1
10-16-2009, 05:18 PM
I forgot to add baby rapers to that list.

SteelerEmpire
10-16-2009, 06:30 PM

Yea. But Goodell and the NFL draw the line when it comes to little fat talk show hosts.... lol... :rofl:

HometownGal
10-17-2009, 09:26 AM
See, I don't get this at all. Limbaugh isn't a Bigot. He makes fun of Sharton and Jesse Jackson because they are people who make money and a living off of using the Race Game to promote themselves.

Go ask Jackson how is Bastard Child (which is what you Call it when you have one with a woman that isn't your wife) is doing.

Go ask Al Sharpton how much he owes in back taxes for me would ya?

Jackson, who said "I want to cut off his nuts" about Obama on an open Mic. Guess what, he's full of Hate. His hate is just for Obama who happens to be Black and Successful and didn't use the Rainbow Coalition to get there.

Does saying those things make me a Bigot?

Limbaugh makes more fun of Hillary Clinton, John Kerry and Bill Clinton than Anyone Else in the world. Those 3 are all white. In case you were wondering. He also used to make fun of Kennedy and still makes fun of Former Clansman Robert Byrd. the Democrat from West Virginia.

he's an entertainer, and he uses humor and satire the same way SNL or Mad TV does to get his point across.

WOW! :jawdrop: Someone who makes sense around here - stop it Dino, you're scarin' me! :horror: :wink:

On a serious note, you're 100% spot on with your post. I'm no fan of Rush, but I take most everything he says with a grain of salt because like several others around here, including you, I see him as an entertainer who is paid well to be a pompous fat prick. Anyone who sees him in any other light, imho, has the issues.

tony hipchest
10-17-2009, 06:28 PM
The Top 10 Things a Pot Would Say to a Kettle

#1-

The patronizing tone is cute, though... the subtle undertone of inferred intellectual superiority.

:toofunny: unintended irony at its finest. you ever hear of the "golden rule" reves? (and im not talking about the "comedy gold you just served up.)

(oops, I mentioned Obama... Better get ready for Tony "ObamaProtector" Hipchest!) I KNOW he can't leave THIS statement alone... even though I gave Obama credit for something.

just as ironic, but more sad than funny, is preacher flame baiting, and making personal attacks (being that he lectures others on this board about doing the same).

seriously preach... i dont refer to you as Preacher "ChristDefender Christian anytime i dont agree with you on a topic in regards to evolution as artillery to demean your faith and beliefs. i would expect the same type of respect shown in return.

i know and believe rush is a bigot. im not trying to force that belief down your throat. youre the one trying to force that he isnt.

shame. :nono:

GBMelBlount
10-17-2009, 06:52 PM
i know and believe rush is a bigot. im not trying to force that belief down your throat. youre the one trying to force that he isnt.

I don't doubt for a second that you honestly believe that Tony.

Regardless of having little or no factual proof, this is a common way that libs justify voting democrat.

Since it is difficult for them to factually debate most of conservative principles (aka Rush's beliefs) & win, it is MUCH easier to simply call him a bigot, racist, etc. and attack the messenger in order to discredit the message & and then vote lib and not have a guilty conscience. :thumbsup:

It's odd, because conservatives usually justify voting conservative because they believe in the principles, most democrats seem to vote democrat not because they are excited about the liberal platform but because they think conservatives are greedy, racist, bigots....... it's quite ironic, actually.

I'm not trying to force this down your throat, "I just know & believe this to be true". :chuckle:

tony hipchest
10-17-2009, 07:21 PM
:cheer:

i dont believe my post had anything to do with you mel... :cookie: (last one)

*resumes to not acknowledging dingos and influencing them to hang out on my cyber porch looking for a scoobie snack*

tony hipchest
10-17-2009, 07:31 PM
32 owners votes as opposed to free market enterprise buy in... revenue sharing... salary cap.... rookie salary cap... strong union.... unproven black coaches getting an equal shot at an interview as an experienced white coach...

these are all principals that rush diametrically opposes. i have no idea why he would even want to be involved in the league.

even more baffling is how his fans cant understand why the nfl, owners, players, and NFL fans want him to have no part of it either.

square peg/round hole

cubanstogie
10-17-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't doubt for a second that you honestly believe that Tony.

Regardless of having little or no factual proof, this is a common way that libs justify voting democrat.

Since it is difficult for them to factually debate most of conservative principles (aka Rush's beliefs) & win, it is MUCH easier to simply call him a bigot, racist, etc. and attack the messenger in order to discredit the message & and then vote lib and not have a guilty conscience. :thumbsup:

It's odd, because conservatives usually justify voting conservative because they believe in the principles, most democrats seem to vote democrat not because they are excited about the liberal platform but because they think conservatives are greedy, racist, bigots....... it's quite ironic, actually.

I'm not trying to force this down your throat, "I just know & believe this to be true". :chuckle:

very true, how could they justify taking from the rich and giving to poor. When the rich earned the money and the poor didn't and want handouts while standing on a corner with a sign. They can't so the say greedy.How could they justify giving a job to a person of minority to fill a quota when a more deserving individual was passed over, they can't so they yell racist. They say we have no compassion when we seek the death penalty for a murderer yet they vote to have a school withhold a minors abortion procedure from a parent. How in the Hell could anyone justify that liberal BS. They can't so they slander that as well. The list could go on forever. If you don't have values, you can pretty much make $hit up as you go.

tony hipchest
10-17-2009, 07:46 PM
since rush has been ruled "out" i see the ribs have decided to hijack the thread in typical crybaby fashion.

fitting...

(i wouldnt have expected anything less)

:crying01:

GBMelBlount
10-17-2009, 09:19 PM
very true, how could they justify taking from the rich and giving to poor. When the rich earned the money and the poor didn't and want handouts while standing on a corner with a sign. They can't so the say greedy.How could they justify giving a job to a person of minority to fill a quota when a more deserving individual was passed over, they can't so they yell racist. They say we have no compassion when we seek the death penalty for a murderer yet they vote to have a school withhold a minors abortion procedure from a parent. How in the Hell could anyone justify that liberal BS. They can't so they slander that as well. The list could go on forever. If you don't have values, you can pretty much make $hit up as you go.

Well said Cuban.

..and we both know how the typical bib responds......"well, we won so we must be right." :shake01:

I guess there's safety in dumbers......errrr, ummm I meant numbers. :chuckle:

SteelTalons
10-18-2009, 12:55 AM
Yeah it makes much more sense to force a woman to work at McDonalds and Burger King 60hours a week to feed her and her son and keep a roof over there heads. Than it does to just give her the money to survive for a while and some means of getting college/vocational training in the mean time and so she can make sure her son isnt getting into trouble out roaming all hours of the night.

Must be nice being born with a sliver spoon in your hand.

Preacher
10-18-2009, 02:41 AM
The Top 10 Things a Pot Would Say to a Kettle

#1-

:toofunny: unintended irony at its finest. you ever hear of the "golden rule" reves? (and im not talking about the "comedy gold you just served up.)

just as ironic, but more sad than funny, is preacher flame baiting, and making personal attacks (being that he lectures others on this board about doing the same).

seriously preach... i dont refer to you as Preacher "ChristDefender Christian anytime i dont agree with you on a topic in regards to evolution as artillery to demean your faith and beliefs. i would expect the same type of respect shown in return.

shame. :nono:

EDIT: Nevermind.

PM me if you would like to discuss this further.

GBMelBlount
10-18-2009, 07:18 AM
Yeah it makes much more sense to force a woman to work at McDonalds and Burger King 60hours a week to feed her and her son and keep a roof over there heads.

Than it does to just give her the money to survive for a while and some means of getting college/vocational training in the mean time and so she can make sure her son isnt getting into trouble out roaming all hours of the night.

My sister had her son when she was in her teens.

She did not finish school and went to work full time as a single parent.

Without any financial help, or silver spoon, she obtained her masters degree while working full time. She now owns a very successful marketing firm.

Her son is now attending Princeton.

Thanks for your insight Steeltalons. :thumbsup:

revefsreleets
10-18-2009, 07:50 AM
Classic ad hominem. Rush is victimized here as well...

How?

Well, his merits and what he brings to the table as a perspective owner are never ONCE discussed by the NFL (and to a lessor and far less meaningful extent, any of his detractors here)....what is? A couple controversial comments, one of which is from 5+ years ago...the MAN is attacked, no discussion of whether or not he'd be a good owner.

And then there's the whole microscosm of the usual suspects repeating the same type of behavior on here...lacking compelling FACTS to back up their arguments, the same few people resort to the same tired diversionary tactics...it really is quite comical to see the tactic repeatedly deployed and then just as quickly denied, oftentimes defended with the same tactics that are simultaneously being denied being used in the first place...

"I do NOT make personal attacks to defend my position when I lack facts, you douchebag! Rush Limbaugh IS a big fat pig so he shouldn't own an NFL team, and if you say I'm wrong again, I'll call YOU and RUSH more bad names!"

tony hipchest
10-18-2009, 04:14 PM
cheebus h cristo, do you ever stop crying and whining?!?!?!?

do you even understand the dynamics of this ownership deal????

dave checketts would be a fine owner in the nfl. him offering rush to buy in was simply throwing a missouri dog a bone.

his effect as an "owner" would be as effective (yet 10X less controversional) as the hollywood producer the rooneys brought in.

fact is, rush's core philosophies and principals are diametrically opposed to what the NFL stands for.

fact is, its the nfl and its owners who want nothing to do with rush. it has nothing to do with the left. rush is bad for business. it didnt take espn too long to figure that out.

"poor rush... whaaaaaa"

:binky: all you rush apologists enjoy. :thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-18-2009, 04:37 PM
:binky: all you rush apologists enjoy. :thumbsup:

I'm confused...are these the "apologists" that you are referring to?

http://www.mediaite.com/print/espn-reporter-apologizes-for-slandering-limbaugh-rush-rubs-it-in-with-journal-op-ed/

http://gawker.com/5383617/cnn-apologizes-to-rush-limbaugh

tony hipchest
10-18-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm confused...are these the "apologists" that you are referring to?

http://www.mediaite.com/print/espn-reporter-apologizes-for-slandering-limbaugh-rush-rubs-it-in-with-journal-op-ed/

http://gawker.com/5383617/cnn-apologizes-to-rush-limbaugh

just to clear things up... i offered a binky to the whiny rush apologists here on this board.

i could care less about what all the others have been saying. i care more about the final desision the nfl and its owners/prospective owners have made. :noidea:

nice try rush. hasta la bye-bye :wave:

any rush fan who is going to try to tell me i shouldnt smile, is better of f spent with their time sitting down with a brady and balichick fan who wants to convince them that they are so great.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-18-2009, 05:01 PM
just to clear things up... i offered a binky to the whiny rush apologists here on this board.

i could care less about what all the others have been saying. i care more about the final desision the nfl and its owners/prospective owners have made. :noidea:

nice try rush. hasta la bye-bye :wave:

any rush fan who is going to try to tell me i shouldnt smile, is better of f spent with their time sitting down with a brady and balichick fan who wants to convince them that they are so great.

:chuckle:
Just digging at ya.

I miss our old "discussions" Tony...:drink:

Vincent
10-18-2009, 07:29 PM
fact is, rush's core philosophies and principals are diametrically opposed to what the NFL stands for.

Apparently.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/sright/2009/10/16/nfl-owners-who-use-the-n-word-and-wet-their-pants-on-stage/
NFL Owners Who Use the N-Word and Wet Their Pants On Stage
by Stage Right

And now a word from an NFL owner:

“And the game done chose me to bring pain to niggas and profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterprofanityfilter holes, they one in the same.” - I’m Real, co-written by Jennifer Lopez, minority owner of the Miami Dolphins.

Amidst the uproar over Rush Limbaugh having to step aside from his participation in the bid to purchase the NFL’s St. Louis Rams over racially insensitive statements he never actually made, is the fact that current ACTUAL owners of an NFL team have said much worse than the false and the left says nothing.

Jennifer Lopez, whose Sondheim-like lyric genius is on display at the top of this post, holds the same status with the Miami Dolphins as Limbaugh would have with the Rams. And, not only does she have co-writer credit on this offensive drivel, she also recorded and performed it live. She continues to earn money in royalties for her genius use of the “N-Word.” My guess is that those who took issue with Limbaugh’s imaginary racial slur are OK with J-Lo’s actual racial slur because she looks a lot better in tight pants. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StaVESC0G2o

Meanwhile, another minority owner of the Dolphins has some controversial issues with public statements as well. Recently, Dolphins minority owner Serena Williams broke quite a few FCC laws by letting loose an “F-word” filled tirade on live television during the US Open. Then she menacingly threatened a side judge and was subsequently disqualified. This kind of behavior and speech seems to be right in line with the NFL’s standards since I missed the press conference from Commissioner Roger Goodell condemning it.

Finally, we get to Fergie, some-time member of the Black Eyed Peas and some-time solo artist. You betcha, she has also been approved as a minority owner of the Miami Dolphins. Fergie is a huge Obama supporter, so I guess the NFL thought it was pretty cool that she just performed her song “Glamorous” at the White House Easter egg hunt… an event for children. Here’s how the DC Examiner reported the event:

Lines like “wear them gold and diamond rings” and “I’m not clean, I’m not pristine” may not be the dream lyrics for their daughters to emulate, but the song’s repetition of the line “If you ain’t got no money take your broke a** home” made a few parents cringe. She did of course edit the curse word from the song Monday — but some of crowd members helpfully filled it in for her.

It gets better. Earlier this week, Goodell said of Limbaugh’s potential ownership, “Divisive comments are not what the NFL is all about.” Is he splitting hairs between “comments” and “lyrics?” Because these lyrics from a 2003 Black Eyed Peas song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJpyskHMwRs

Overseas, yeah, we try to stop terrorism
But we still got terrorists here livin’
In the USA, the big CIA …

A war is goin’ on but the reason’s undercover
The truth is kept secret, it’s swept under the rug

Nothing like accusing the CIA of terrorism and our government of lying to bring people together. Goodell also said, “We’re all held to a high standard here.”

Really? Does this meet his high standard? http://artists.letssingit.com/the-black-eyed-peas-lyrics-my-humps-dx2jt2l

Whatcha gonna do with all that junk
All that junk inside your trunk
I’ma get get get get you drunk
Get you love drunk off my hump
My hump my hump my hump my hump my hump
My hump my hump my hump my lovely little lumps

How about drinking so much that you wet your pants, mid-song, on stage, in front of a live audience? http://music.aol.com/photo-galleries/shocking-concert-moments/fergie-pees-pants-on-stage

This week the NFL did more to silence conservative political perspectives on the radio then liberals and their “Fairness Doctrine” could ever dream of doing. By bowing to shrill political pressure they forced a group of potential buyers of the St. Louis Rams, headed by Dave Checkett, to drop Rush Limbaugh from the ownership team. Forget for a moment that the heinous statements attributed to Limbaugh were never sourced or substantiated and completely false. Also forget that Limbaugh, as a minority owner, would have no actual control or real influence over personnel or management decisions with the team. None of that matters.

The left hates Limbaugh. He had to be stopped.

But Rush will be just fine. They can’t shut him up; he’s too big. And even if they do pass the “Fairness Doctrine,” he will move to satellite radio and finally give Mel Karmazin a healthy balance sheet.

No, the real danger in all of this is the chilling effect it has on the rest of the conservative world. Those of us articulating our points of view and trying to persuade others. Just like Rush has done for over two decades. And now, the seed has been planted. Someday, we might want to own a football team. Hell, we’re capitalists! Will something we say or write now be twisted around or even made up to smear us and keep us from fulfilling our dream?

Yes, the seed has been planted. They’ve done what the intended to do. It wasn’t about stopping Rush… it was done to stop all of us. And they will lie if they have to, to get what they want.

Change? Yes. Hope? Not so much.

X-Terminator
10-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Yeah it makes much more sense to force a woman to work at McDonalds and Burger King 60hours a week to feed her and her son and keep a roof over there heads. Than it does to just give her the money to survive for a while and some means of getting college/vocational training in the mean time and so she can make sure her son isnt getting into trouble out roaming all hours of the night.

My Mom worked 2 shitty jobs to take care of me when I was in grade school instead of going on the public dole. She then went to school and got a better-paying single job before I started middle school. I never got into trouble, never roamed the streets at all hours of the day and night, graduated from high school, went to college and tech school, and I now have a pretty good job. And she did all of that while being a single parent.

Thanks for playing.

EDIT: And just for the record, I am NOT opposed to welfare programs, provided that they are used the way they are intended and that the people WANT to go to school and better themselves, rather than the all-too-common practice of using it as an excuse to have more babies and get more money. If it were up to me, you'd get 2 years to find a job or go to school, and if you don't, you're off the rolls. I'm not going to pay for you to sit at home all day and have babies.

cubanstogie
10-18-2009, 10:37 PM

its called accountability, don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Translation, use contraceptives.

tony hipchest
10-18-2009, 10:45 PM
memo to mama and papa limbaugh-

... use contraceptives.

thread hijack complete.

Preacher
10-18-2009, 10:54 PM
memo to mama and papa limbaugh-

thread hijack complete.

:rolleyes:

GBMelBlount
10-18-2009, 10:56 PM
My Mom worked 2 shitty jobs to take care of me when I was in grade school instead of going on the public dole. She then went to school and got a better-paying single job before I started middle school. I never got into trouble, never roamed the streets at all hours of the day and night, graduated from high school, went to college and tech school, and I now have a pretty good job. And she did all of that while being a single parent.

Thanks for playing.

EDIT: And just for the record, I am NOT opposed to welfare programs, provided that they are used the way they are intended and that the people WANT to go to school and better themselves, rather than the all-too-common practice of using it as an excuse to have more babies and get more money. If it were up to me, you'd get 2 years to find a job or go to school, and if you don't, you're off the rolls. I'm not going to pay for you to sit at home all day and have babies.

Nailed it. :applaudit:

GBMelBlount
10-18-2009, 10:59 PM
COMPLETELY agree XT.

There are two types of people.

One sees an obstacle as a challenge.

The other simply uses it as an excuse.......

revefsreleets
10-19-2009, 08:44 AM
Please, Vincent, don't use facts to illustrate the hypocrisy of the NFL, or the relative worthiness of whom can and cannot own an NFL team.

Rush is a conservative who sometimes says controversial things, and, since he's not a LIBERAL who sometimes says controversial things, he is therefore unfit and unworthy of becoming a minority owner in the NFL.

There is one set of rules for conservatives.
There is another set of rules for liberals.

If you call attention to that fact (and the huge reveal of the underlying hypocrisy), you are an apologist.

Vincent
10-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Please, Vincent, don't use facts to illustrate the hypocrisy of the NFL, or the relative worthiness of whom can and cannot own an NFL team.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend anybody. It was reprehensible (simpwy wepwehensible :toofunny:) of me to even think such a thing, much worse post it.

There is one set of rules for conservatives.
There is another set of rules for liberals.

Rules are for anyone that is not a liberal, which begs the question "why are they called 'liberals'?". Put another way, "liberals" will tolerate anything but those that won't. The individuals cited in that article are good cases in point - their written and spoken (sung) words and behavior are reprehensible. No, no, all that's OK. But God forbid that someone be labeled "divisive".

The vast majority of the tools that use that word couldn't spell it, much less tell you what it means.

If you call attention to that fact (and the huge reveal of the underlying hypocrisy), you are an apologist.

Thank you for calling me out. I deserved it. There's only one thing worse than an apologist for conservatives, and that's a conservative. But I am neither. I was drawing attention to the pillars of society that have been invited into the rarified air of NFL ownership. Joe Robbie is probably trying to claw his way out of his box.

Which raises another point - the crime of forcing the heirs of a team's founder to sell the team he founded so they can pay the estate taxes. http://www.forbes.com/2006/12/04/estate-tax-estee-lauder-irs-ent-law-cx_mf_1204estatetax.html

revefsreleets
10-19-2009, 01:38 PM
I'll only address the last:

The death tax is a HUGE sham, a Democrat POS designed to rob the rich of what they worked for and give it to whatever pork crap they need to stay elected. Nobody cares because there's zero sympathy for the select few who are subject to it, but that still makes it wrong.

But I digress...back to liberals telling us who and who cannot own or do what...

7SteelGal43
10-19-2009, 03:30 PM
love how Zo sets Olbermann straight on Rush :chuckle:

z9AYSdiLRNc&feature=sub

tony hipchest
10-19-2009, 06:22 PM
But I digress...back to liberals telling us who and who cannot own or do what...

spin away rushpuppets....

turning this into a partisan issue is for the weak and feeble minded, and shows a complete lack of understanding of how the nfl actually works.

do you sheep really think the nfl is made up of liberals? :toofunny:

while i generally think florioss opinion is worth slightly more than a bag of dicks (which is still worth twice as much as rush's) he is pretty much spot on here-

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/15/limbaugh-blames-dave-checketts-de-smith/

Radio host Rush Limbaugh addressed on Thursday the conclusion of his involvement in the effort to purchase the St. Louis Rams.

And he placed much of the blame on Dave Checketts, owner of the NHL's St. Louis Blues.

Limbaugh said that, after Checketts approached him earlier this year to join the group, Limbaugh warned Checketts about the inevitable media reaction. Checketts, per Limbaugh, said that Limbaugh's involvement had been cleared with "people at the highest levels of the National Football League."

Limbaugh also suggested that he was led to believe he'd have a role in the operation of the team, but he did not contradict Checketts' recent representation that Limbaugh was only going to be a minority owner.

Limbaugh then argued that his exclusion from the process originiated with NFLPA Executive Director De Smith, and then Limbaugh argued that Smith is essentially an operative for the Obama administration, and that Smith essentially scared NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell (whose last name Limbaugh inexplicably misprounounced) into not doing business with Limbaugh.

Specifically, Limbaugh claims that the move was part of the union's leverage against the NFL as part of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement.

But the NFL and the union currently are at odds on multiple topics. The notion that the NFL would cave to Smith given his ties to Obama on this one issue -- and not on any of the other far more important points of contention between the two sides -- suggests a superificial understanding of the business of the NFL at best, and a conscious manipulation of reality at worst.

So Rush believes he was dumped because the union wants to "intimidate and frighten" the owners, who by the way currently are doing their best to intimidate and frighten the union by sending up continuous smoke signals of a looming lockout. And it's all part of a broader effort by the President to put pro football under his thumb. Despite the fact that the owners are currently doing their best to intimidate and frighten the union into thinking that a lockout is coming.

Republican or Democrat, red state or blue state, conservative or liberal, the notion that Limbaugh was railroaded by the White House as part of a broader effort by the White House to impose its agenda on pro football makes no sense.

In a later segment, a caller suggested that Limbaugh was blackballed because he's a conservative. And Limbaugh seemed to agree with that. Apparently, the many other conservatives who currently own NFL teams can now expect to have their teams taken from them, Marge Schott style.

Here's the bottom line. Limbaugh is a controversial, polarizing, and divisive figure. (The comments to these articles prove that reality.) He revels in his role, and he profits from it handsomely. And regardless of whether things he said about slavery and James Earl Ray were fabricated, he has said more than enough to cement that reputation, and thus to make it impossible for the NFL to do business with him.

Indeed, Limbaugh was once under consideration for the Monday Night Football booth. And his candidacy was shouted down as swiftly as his recent bid to join in the purchase of the Rams, based on racially divisive and inflammatory quotes that we don't recall Limbaugh or anyone else claiming were fabricated at the time. Though he eventually got into the football business three years later, his brief stay at ESPN entailed another, and much larger, controversy.

So while he can now externalize blame (like a liberal might do) for the failure of his effort to own part of the Rams, he should blame himself for not realizing that he was walking once again down a path that he had already twice trod.

He did it because he knew damn well what he was getting into, and he voluntarily went along for the ride because he knew it would bring him plenty of publicity -- and because it ultimately could be shoehorned into his broader message.

I don't care whether his broader message is right or whether it is wrong. The goal here is to set aside politics and get to the truth of what happened, and why.

This was, in our view, a P.R. ploy. And it worked.

Bravo, Rush. Bravo.

:screwy: "blah blah blame blah blah blame...." :blah:

tony hipchest
10-19-2009, 06:31 PM
and peter king adds some reality to the situation that should encourage the rush crybabies to take of the foil political hats with the propeller on top-

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/10/19/week6/4.html

5. I think we've all heard just about enough on Rush Limbaugh's failed part-ownership bid, and I don't have much to add. Except this: Yes, I feel sure he would have gotten rejected had he advanced further down the ownership line, because he would be the kind of distraction the league doesn't want. It might not be fair, but if Limbaugh got the team and kept broadcasting (I'm sure he would), what would stop beat guys for the Rams from monitoring his show, then going into the locker room and asking players, "Hey, your owner just said he hopes the president fails. What do you think of that?'' Maybe it wouldn't happen that way. And it certainly isn't fair that a man's public politics may well have kept him from owning a team. But Limbaugh would have been a living, breathing, daily distraction, and that's something the NFL wasn't going to have.

:propeller:

revefsreleets
10-20-2009, 07:45 AM
I don't like or listen to Rush...just saw a bad decision here made for the wrong reasons by the wrong people and called it out.

Vincent
10-28-2009, 06:35 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tdCimSglD3c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tdCimSglD3c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KeiselPower99
10-28-2009, 07:56 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tdCimSglD3c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tdCimSglD3c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So while this jerkoffs were talkin about this the health care debate was going on in another room. Way to earn that taxpayer dollar.

St33lersguy
10-29-2009, 05:53 PM
For what comments he didn't make??

Leftoverhard
12-19-2009, 12:52 PM
This thread had died - but instead of starting a new one (which I hate doing), I'm gonna post this here and let it die again.
This goes along with the "white males are the real minority" thing going on in the 2nd graders singin' about allah thread.
I just really like this analysis of the king of the white male minority, you guessed it, Mr. Limbaugh.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jackson-katz/rush-limbaugh-and-the-mob_b_279696.html

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-19-2009, 01:29 PM
This thread had died - but instead of starting a new one (which I hate doing), I'm gonna post this here and let it die again.
This goes along with the "white males are the real minority" thing going on in the 2nd graders singin' about allah thread.
I just really like this analysis of the king of the white male minority, you guessed it, Mr. Limbaugh.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jackson-katz/rush-limbaugh-and-the-mob_b_279696.html

Another post filled with an authors "opinion"..rather than facts.

Limbaugh has made himself into the nation's most influential conservative.

This is only believed by the left. Conservatives, almost to a man, see him as an entertainer.

One of Rush Limbaugh's greatest strengths as a rhetorical alchemist is the way he turns fear into anger - especially men's fear. Limbaugh regularly takes (white) men's sadness, disappointment and apprehension - about a range of political and personal subjects -- and interprets it for them as anger.

Really? Limbaugh has the magical power and sheer force of personality to "transform" sadness and disappointment into anger? And somehow this power can be pinpointed to only effect white males? Why Limbaugh isnt a radio host...he is a freaking wizard!!!!

This is effective, in part, because for so many men, anger is much less treacherous emotional terrain than other emotions - and much more socially acceptable.

In what 1940's world does the author live in...in which anger is more "socially acceptable then sadness or dissapointment????

I guess the next time I feel dissapointed at work...I should try and be more "acceptably angry". Anger is ALWAYS good in the workplace...right?

The very foundation of this idiots argument is flawed and purposefully twisted.

...anger then serves to "prove" that they are not, in fact, vulnerable, which would imply they are not man enough to take the pressure. This process affects millions of men in our society, but is especially pronounced in the lives of social conservatives, who are heavily invested in maintaining the tenets and practices of Father Knows Best masculinity.

One of the best "Holier than thou", pseudo-intellectual, pieces of drivel ever written....BRAVO!!
(This paragraph alone shows the immaturity of the author and negates any actual point he may have made)

Now here is the kicker....Watch the author at work as he falsley props up Limbaugh as a "Masculine Role-model" for conservatives.

A central feature of Limbaugh's appeal is his over-the-top performance of white masculine certitude. The ditto-heads believe that Rush embodies old-fashioned white male authority, .... To conservative true believers, he is an authentic "man's man," a cigar-smoking, NFL-watching, red-meat right-winger who's offended by the "feminization" of American society.

Now watch the liberal hypocritical author attack. Not the message that he started out with...but against Limbaugh personally.

His pretense toward patriarchal authority might be compromised by revelations of his drug dependency, his three failed marriages, his use of Viagra, his avoidance of military service during the Vietnam era due to an anal cyst, and the fact that he does not have children. Nonetheless, he talks a great game.

Personal attacks?....really??? B-But I thought the author was part of the party of acceptance...The party of inclusion. Did he really need to bring up a mans inability to have children as "proof" of his lack of "patriarchal authority".

Anyone on either side of the aisle who reads this drivel and thinks it is a relevant article is certifiable and/or lacks reading comprehension. This is nothing more than an "Al Franken" attempt to minimalize an entire party through slanted opinion and poor rhetorich.

Not sure why a dead post was revitalized with this sort of idiotic op-ed.

43Hitman
12-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Huffington Post...What more do I need to say. I wonder if Leftoverhard even read that drivel.

SteelerEmpire
12-19-2009, 03:19 PM
OUCH !!! Man. The guy that wrote that article (in the Huffington Post) really kicked ol' Rush in his "family jewels" on that one... :crying01:

Vincent
12-19-2009, 03:25 PM

:noidea:... :screwy: :coffee:... Oh. That was your point. :toofunny:

By "thing going on", I asume you're making reference to http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=733142&postcount=18 If you actually read that, and this is why comprehension is such an important part of reading, the point is that "white males" are not a "minority" at all, except to "white females".

"But Limbaugh does not only distort arguments about complex issues like health care through deliberate falsehoods and bad reasoning.

How does one distort through deliberate falsehoods and bad reasoning? It would seem that if one were to set out to "distort" using "deliberate" falsehoods, that one would have a grasp of the target issue and have devised a strategy to discredit it. This was the hallmark of the Josef Goebbels school of public discourse. "Reasoning", yes. But "bad" reasoning would preclude that process.

That statement in itself illustrates the point. It's akin to the lead talking point of that news cycle - "Well, he's divisive". Well, there you have it - "he distorts using deliberate falsehoods", and "he's divisive". You'd think that being so flawed, the left would be lining up to debate him. Wouldn't you?

"His persuasive power lies mostly in his emotional connection with his audience."

His audience is largely folks of every demographic that already agree to an extent, like his schtik, and don't like the endless drone of the propaganda of the MSM. The "persuaded" are libs that come to the realization that "I've been a tool".

But, as always Leftover, thanks for playing. :wave:

Now here is the kicker....Watch the author at work as he falsley props up Limbaugh as a "Masculine Role-model" for conservatives

The Steelers don't need cheerleaders because their fans know what to cheer for and when to cheer. By the same token, conservatives don't need "role models' because they have a firm grasp of "right and wrong", and precisely who the @#$% they are.

Preacher
12-19-2009, 03:42 PM
:rofl:

Didn't even need to read it.

ANYTHING from the Huffington Post on Rush Limbaugh, is much like a highschool English student questioning C.S. Lewis's ability to write.

There are some brilliant people on the left. Huffington isn't one of them.

Vincent
12-19-2009, 03:45 PM
There are some brilliant people on the left.

I've yet to encounter one.

Except, of course, Tony.:couch: