PDA

View Full Version : Bengals-No Longer A Patsy

Crow-Magnon
10-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Cincinnati may not be a playoff-caliber team (maybe), but they are tough and tenacious and refuse to give up.

If their special teams was better, they'd be a force to be reckoned with.

revefsreleets
10-11-2009, 02:40 PM
No, they still suck. They SHOULD have lost to the Browns, and we handed them their victory against us.

Just because they are playing the Rats tough does not make them a quality team...Rats are overrated anyway...

Edman
10-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Maybe so, they are playing Baltimore pretty tough right now. Credit the coaching, they took their fluke wins these past weeks and turned it into confidence.

But the fact remains is that the Steelers were destroying them for the majority of the game and truly lost it in every sense of the word.

Beans holds onto that ball in the endzone, this isn't even a conversation. But what happened is done. What comes out of this game doesn't help out the Steelers in anyway.

Edman
10-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Cincy goes up 10-7.

Outside of Reed's Pick 6. Baltimore has done next to nothing on the scoreboard all day.

touchdownward
10-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Bungles win this one with a nice drive for the GW td.

Last season, this game would have ended with Carson throwing the INT, walking off the field with a dopey look on his face.

Steelboy84
10-11-2009, 04:17 PM
No, they still suck. They SHOULD have lost to the Browns, and we handed them their victory against us.

Just because they are playing the Rats tough does not make them a quality team...Rats are overrated anyway...

:applaudit: :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

CantStop85
10-11-2009, 04:21 PM

They've now beaten every other team in the AFC North including your beloved Steelers...at what point will it be enough to legitimize them for you? :noidea:

AllD
10-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Denver is better than Cincy and they are smoke and mirrors.

MACH1
10-11-2009, 04:22 PM
When they actually have something to put in that empty trophy case.

Steeler in Carolina
10-11-2009, 04:32 PM
While I don't like Cincy, congrats for winning this game for Zimmer. Sad story about his wife.

OneForTheToe
10-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Cincy is better -especially on D - but I remember how the Browns became the media's darling back in 07........ where are they now?

tony hipchest
10-11-2009, 04:41 PM
They've now beaten every other team in the AFC North including your beloved Steelers...at what point will it be enough to legitimize them for you? :noidea:
do you really expect the steelers to hand over one of their 6 rings to the bungles just for beating the ravens?

they are gonna have to do a hell of alot more than that, to legitimize themselves.

until that happens... they aint shit.

Edman
10-11-2009, 04:50 PM

CS85: "Crown us! We lead the division after five weeks! And we beat everyone in the AFC North even though we play all of them again!"

The Bengals are legitimate when they ACTUALLY win something of relevance. As it stands, nothing is given. It's only Week 5. Who knows? Cinci could tank the rest of the season and not even make the playoffs. It's happened before to teams who sucked but caught lightning early in the next season.

I'll give the Bengals credit, you don't win games by accident. But don't think for a second anyone is going to concede anything to you just because of a 4-1 start. All it takes is a few losses for the air to fall out of your black and orange sails and your bandwagon bunch in Cinci will be back to cursing Marv again.

So I advise you enjoy your fast start. Still a long season ahead of us.

stillers4me
10-11-2009, 05:44 PM

7 Lombardi trophys

I saw a guy in Walmart tonight with a blazing white, only worn for a week, 2005 AFC North Division Champs hat on. :chuckle:

Now who was it that won the Superbowl that year.......???

It's not over, Bungles fans.

MasterOfPuppets
10-11-2009, 05:56 PM
winning a game that actually means something would be a start. ...cowboys have one a bunch of games in sep,oct,nov.....what have they got to show for it ? come back when they win a playoff game and then we'll talk about how legit they are...:coffee:

Preacher
10-11-2009, 06:03 PM

Simple. Win the DIVISION at the END of the year... and then not lose the first playoff game... ESPECIALLY to another AFCN team. :noidea:

X-Terminator
10-11-2009, 06:16 PM

Winning a game that matters would be a good start.

11 games left. Nothing has been decided.

Crow-Magnon
10-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Frankly, who gives a rat's ass what the Bengals haven't won (or what the Steelers and Ravens have won) in the past. This is 2009, not 2008, or 2006 or 2000.

As of now Cincy is 4-1 with a 3-0 AFCN record. People should stop looking at them like they will fade, because right now they could be 5-0 if not for one fluke play. And they are hanging tough and winning at the end, which is the sign of a tough team.

MasterOfPuppets
10-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Frankly, who gives a rat's ass what the Bengals haven't won (or what the Steelers and Ravens have won) in the past. This is 2009, not 2008, or 2006 or 2000.

As of now Cincy is 4-1 with a 3-0 AFCN record. People should stop looking at them like they will fade, because right now they could be 5-0 if not for one fluke play. And they are hanging tough and winning at the end, which is the sign of a tough team. and they could JUST as easily be 1-4 if it not for fluke plays. have you even watched any of thier games besides this week ? they aren't winning because they're bringing thier A game...they are winning because teams are playing down to thier level
didn't the redskins start out 6-1 last year ? if you wanna crown there asses...go ahead...they are who WE think they are !!! not who you think they are...:popcorn:

Edman
10-12-2009, 12:16 AM
As of now Cincy is 4-1 with a 3-0 AFCN record. People should stop looking at them like they will fade, because right now they could be 5-0 if not for one fluke play. And they are hanging tough and winning at the end, which is the sign of a tough team.

They're 4-1 with a 3-0 AFCN record with quite a few months left to play. I'll see the Bengals as legitimate if they continue their little run into November and December, and actually accomplish something. If you want to play the If game, fine. As I said before, if Lima Bean Sweed holds onto that ball in the endzone, this isn't even a subject right now.

Remember when the media was crowning the Ravens after beating San Diego? Well, things aren't so rosy now is it?

I cried 2006 repeat when I seen the Steelers literally bungle the game away in Cincy. Well, turns out things aren't so bad.

But in the immortal words of Dennis Green: "If you wanna crown 'em then Crown their ass!"

Crow-Magnon
10-12-2009, 08:08 AM
They're 4-1 with a 3-0 AFCN record with quite a few months left to play. I'll see the Bengals as legitimate if they continue their little run into November and December, and actually accomplish something. If you want to play the If game, fine. As I said before, if Lima Bean Sweed holds onto that ball in the endzone, this isn't even a subject right now.

Remember when the media was crowning the Ravens after beating San Diego? Well, things aren't so rosy now is it?

I cried 2006 repeat when I seen the Steelers literally bungle the game away in Cincy. Well, turns out things aren't so bad.

But in the immortal words of Dennis Green: "If you wanna crown 'em then Crown their ass!"

I'm not playing the "if" game or crowning them with anything. All I'm saying is that we're in teh 2nd quarter of the 2009 season and right now Cincy is showing that A-they can run the ball; B-they can defend the pass; and C-they do not give up when their backs are against teh wall near the end of the game. They seem to be improving with each game.

The_WARDen
10-12-2009, 08:55 AM
eh...I'd rather be chasing the Bungles than the Ravens. I have complete confidence that they'll screw it up coming down the stretch.

X-Terminator
10-12-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm not playing the "if" game or crowning them with anything. All I'm saying is that we're in teh 2nd quarter of the 2009 season and right now Cincy is showing that A-they can run the ball; B-they can defend the pass; and C-they do not give up when their backs are against teh wall near the end of the game. They seem to be improving with each game.

And yet, if Limas Sweed holds on to that TD and the D doesn't have a meltdown at the end, the Steelers would have blown them out, because they dominated that game in every aspect up until the end.

They are 4-1 due to a lot of luck and some boneheaded plays by their opposition. They are NOT as good as their record.

revefsreleets
10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Sorry, the Bengals still suck...they'll have a mid-season collapse and end up 8-8. And I've said all along the Rats are incredibly overrated.

The_WARDen
10-12-2009, 11:06 AM
EVERY couple of years, either the Clowns or the Bungles rise up and pretend to be an actual NFL team.

In 2005 it was the Bungles. In 2007, it was the Clowns. In 2009, it's the Bungles again.. Hey, I see a pattern here. Good news for Clowns' fans, they probably won't suck in 2011.

sherlock
10-12-2009, 11:58 AM
While I don't like Cincy, congrats for winning this game for Zimmer. Sad story about his wife.

Have to admit that I started to well-up when the cameras focused on Zimmer at the end of the game.The game`s over.....now back to the terrible reality.
Yeah congrats to the Bengals.:hatsoff:
That the AFC North is a more competitive division is surely a good thing.

Nevermore
10-12-2009, 07:26 PM
I think any team that starts out 3-0 within the division and is 4-1 overall (losing on a prayer play) has to be considered legit and a contender. Sure, week 5 is not a determination of who is going to be in the Superbowl, but right now the Bengals found a way to beat all of us in the AFC North, so they are the best team. The Steelers weren't the number one team going into the playoffs last year, and the Ravens weren't number one going into the year they won the Superbowl. But give at least a little respect to a team that has put it together for the first 5 weeks and is looking very tough.

Everyone here is "one play here, one play there" from being 5-0 or 0-5. The Ravens missed 2 passes to Clayton in the past 2 weeks to pick up their 2 losses. The Steelers lose on a last minute play vs the bungles and win with one of the best kickers missing 2 easy FGs agains the Titans. Everyone could have a different record, but in the end only the scoreboard matters.

Here's to kicking the Bengals ass in Cincy and getting the two best teams in the AFC North back on top!

AllD
10-12-2009, 07:30 PM
The bungles are like the Dolphins from last season, playing way beyond their talent. Wait until we adjust their perspective in a few weeks.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-12-2009, 07:40 PM
The Bengals look good. But they are beatable. They haven't dominated a game. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the fight for the division/wild card at the end of this year.