PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Dick Lebeau

pepsyman1
10-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Thank you coach for finally turning loose the dogs on series we needed to hold! 3 sacks on 3 plays....THAT'S being aggressive....Gay coming from the corner on consecutive plays....LOVE that stuff!

bigjamesharrison2
10-11-2009, 04:13 PM
So why didn't we do that all game?

Steelboy84
10-11-2009, 04:15 PM
I second that.

sharkweek
10-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Blitzes are generally high risk/reward situations. If they pick up the blitz there are less guys in coverage and chances are someone will be open.

When we have a guy like Troy who is so versatile in what he can do, we can get away with riskier play calling more often.

pepsyman1
10-11-2009, 04:25 PM
The annoying thing is that when we don't play that aggressive we are giving up big chunks of yardage anyway. I don't think we are letting our cornerbacks do what they are capable of doing by having them play so far off the receivers. It's a regular thing now that we are just giving them that big cushion and accepting them getting catches as opposed to aggressively covering the wideouts.

vindrow
10-11-2009, 04:28 PM
He should have been playing that D the whole game instead of going to the prevent D, in the 4th qtr.

SteelC7
10-11-2009, 04:29 PM
well we survived our last game without troy, lets hope we improve with him in the lineup next week, i think we will

solardave
10-11-2009, 04:33 PM
So why didn't we do that all game?

2words
1) No
2) Troy

If he's in it's business as usual and we shut these guys down in the fourth.:noidea:

SteelerEmpire
10-11-2009, 05:09 PM
It has always been said that "Troy is everywhere".... when a player that is "everywhere" is removed, then that cuts off a LARGE part of the strategy.... THEN there is a "domino" effect on the other defensive players that enables them to make plays also BECAUSE of Troys ability to disrupt offensive plays.... what I mean is that when Troy returns, we will see MANY other defensive players begin to make plays...

Psyychoward86
10-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Blitzes are generally high risk/reward situations. If they pick up the blitz there are less guys in coverage and chances are someone will be open.

When we have a guy like Troy who is so versatile in what he can do, we can get away with riskier play calling more often.

not with the fire zone :tt:

St33lersguy
10-11-2009, 09:16 PM
He needs to do that more often. He has hardly done it at all this season

pepsyman1
10-11-2009, 09:26 PM
I agree
We've seen very little of the aggressive stuff this year. Usually no one can figure out where the blitzers are gonna be coming from because they come often and they keep changing it up. So far this year we've seen very little of it. It was great to see Gay come in off the corner and cause immediate havok.

Godfather
10-11-2009, 10:10 PM
One encouraging sign the last couple weeks is that we're closing the deal. 9 straight red zone trips have been TDs and the defense hasn't blown a fourth quarter lead like it did against Chicago and Cincy.

With Troy back out there we'll hold leads even better.

JEFF4i
10-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Y'know, I hadn't thought of it was a domino effect. There's really no excuse, but it's not necessarily that our D isn't great without Troy, but more, trying to make the appropriate changes.