PDA

View Full Version : Sack Flurry

Preacher
10-11-2009, 06:19 PM
I am doing this from memory...

But it seemed that Harris had 2 more sacks today, and Woodley had what, 3? All of a sudden, they have turned it on. WOW.

With the offense clicking... I LOVE the idea of this defense hitting its stride about hte mid to end of October and just taking off... Could be a GOOOOOD stretch run for us!

EDIT... Harrison had 3...

Woodley only credited with a sack and a half.

onefortheotherhand
10-11-2009, 06:33 PM
yeh silverback was gettin back to his old bullrushin self again although he did demonstrate some major agility on his first sack

tyler289
10-11-2009, 06:42 PM
They got some solid pressure. Tighten it up and they get a couple more. Daunte moves better than most QBs we face. We get that kind of pressure vs. Baltimore and we win.

Preacher
10-11-2009, 06:44 PM
They got some solid pressure. Tighten it up and they get a couple more. Daunte moves better than most QBs we face. We get that kind of pressure vs. Baltimore and we win.

Somehow I forgot about Culpepper's ability to move.

Dang.

I think we just may be seeing it come alive.

NOW... I am not going to worry about our Defense.

The Duke
10-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Somehow I forgot about Culpepper's ability to move.

Dang.

I think we just may be seeing it come alive.

NOW... I am not going to worry about our Defense.

No reason to. 13 points allowed is pretty good

they are not last years defense and could obviously improve, but there's no reason to panic with LeBeau at helm

Those stats will be padded against the brownies though :wink02:

SteelC7
10-11-2009, 08:11 PM
well be fine cuz troys comin back! good defense without him tho, just not on 3rd downs

LVSteelersfan
10-11-2009, 08:20 PM
This defense is so much better with Troy in there. It is so obvious that he is not out there. He makes the QB think before he tosses those balls his way which gives Harrison and Woodley that extra second to get to the QB. And way to go Timmons with your sack.

rich4eagle
10-11-2009, 08:20 PM
I am doing this from memory...

But it seemed that Harris had 2 more sacks today, and Woodley had what, 3? All of a sudden, they have turned it on. WOW.

With the offense clicking... I LOVE the idea of this defense hitting its stride about hte mid to end of October and just taking off... Could be a GOOOOOD stretch run for us!

EDIT... Harrison had 3...

Woodley only credited with a sack and a half.

I found today's game disturbing more than any other. The defense failed to hold leads in Q four in each of the first four games and allowed teams to win two of them by playing soft in Q four. We did it again today until that last series.

They played aggressive and stopped another overtime coin flip from occurring against a weak team.

Tomlin and Co better start thinking about closing games in Q4 instead of giving the opponent opportunity to win in Q4.

The aggressive pass rush the series was so welcome. I hope they learned something and remember for the first time this year. Prevent defense prevents you from winning.......Blitzburgh was a lot of games..........Prevent defense finds a way to lose games

Great win but still disturbing shell offense and prevent defense most of Q4:tt::tt::tt::tt:

Galax Steeler
10-12-2009, 04:48 AM
I love watching that last drive when we sacked Culpepper three times. I like it when we bring the house. That looked like our defense of old.

SteelStang
10-12-2009, 08:47 AM
I think something that may have been overlooked on that final Lions' drive was that when we came from the right with Ike, it was not effective b/c Ike just is not aggressive enough. When we came from the left with William Gay it was perfect. Gay comes flying in there with reckless abandon. WG is certainly the better rusher from off the corner.

Rotorhead
10-12-2009, 10:26 AM
No, look at our corners on that last series . . . they are up on the receivers so they took away the quick crap that was killing all season in the 4th qrtr. QB couldnt dump in less than 3s and was sacked as a result. That is how we need to play.