PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Half Offense

SteelStang
10-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Did anyone else find that game yesterday to be one of the least inspiring efforts in recent memory by the Steelers? As a fan, I certainly could feel the intensity was lacking. Anyway....

Arians admitted in post-game comments yesterday that he got 'greedy' with 2nd half play-calling. That's all fine and good, but you can't do that in this league. Why on Earth would he stop running the ball in the 3rd with a 15 point lead??? I've always contended that BA is his own worst enemy at times, but his constant want of the big play yesterday could have really cost us.

The_WARDen
10-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Did anyone else find that game yesterday to be one of the least inspiring efforts in recent memory by the Steelers? As a fan, I certainly could feel the intensity was lacking. Anyway....

Arians admitted in post-game comments yesterday that he got 'greedy' with 2nd half play-calling. That's all fine and good, but you can't do that in this league. Why on Earth would he stop running the ball in the 3rd with a 15 point lead??? I've always contended that BA is his own worst enemy at times, but his constant want of the big play yesterday could have really cost us.

The offense did it's job yesterday. They put up 28 points which should be enough to win and it was.

Whine about something else today.

:popcorn:

SteelStang
10-12-2009, 02:16 PM
The offense did it's job yesterday. They put up 28 points which should be enough to win and it was.

Whine about something else today.

:popcorn:

The offense did it's job? C'mon! I don't care how many points you put up if you can't possess the ball in the 2nd half against the worst D in the league.

When we actually put together 4 quarters of Steelers Football then I'll stop whining.

AllD
10-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Instead of "greedy" more like "cute" play calling. The halfback option was intelligent, but getting away from the AFC player of the week last week was nonsense.

Spidey
10-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Arians, still making mistakes, still learning, still apreciating he made errors . . .

there's only one way to end it!

arge5809
10-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Instead of "greedy" more like "cute" play calling. The halfback option was intelligent, but getting away from the AFC player of the week last week was nonsense.

AMEN!! Give the ball to ..... MENDENHALL!!!!!!

:tt03: :tt02: :tt04: :tt: :helmet:

Steeldude
10-12-2009, 05:05 PM
...if you can't possess the ball in the 2nd half against the worst D in the league

good point. i agree.

revefsreleets
10-13-2009, 02:42 PM
I've already commented on this once, and I'll only do it one more time, but you guys have GOT to stop.

When we ran the ball in other recent games in the 4th quarter, Arians was blamed for not "putting the other team away".

So, with a lead this week, he does exactly AS YOU REQUESTED and kept passing the ball, ostensibly to keep pouring the points on, and you don't like THAT call either? Now he was supposed to do what you just HATED in the last few weeks and grind clock and protect the lead?

Really....I mean REALLY, you guys have just got to stop this vacillating...make up your mind why you hate Arians and stick with it but stop trying to have it both ways with this ridiculous 20/20 hindsight and your Monday morning armchair QBing...

solardave
10-13-2009, 03:04 PM
AMEN!! Give the ball to ..... MENDENHALL!!!!!!

:tt03: :tt02: :tt04: :tt: :helmet:

Yeah,let's see what the kids made of. That sounds like a good chant. "GIVE DA BALL TO MENDENHAL!

Neil-Still-Rules-14
10-13-2009, 07:20 PM

It amazes me how Arians can still get dogged when the D has played horrendously in the second half.

X-Terminator
10-13-2009, 07:45 PM
I've already commented on this once, and I'll only do it one more time, but you guys have GOT to stop.

When we ran the ball in other recent games in the 4th quarter, Arians was blamed for not "putting the other team away".

So, with a lead this week, he does exactly AS YOU REQUESTED and kept passing the ball, ostensibly to keep pouring the points on, and you don't like THAT call either? Now he was supposed to do what you just HATED in the last few weeks and grind clock and protect the lead?

Really....I mean REALLY, you guys have just got to stop this vacillating...make up your mind why you hate Arians and stick with it but stop trying to have it both ways with this ridiculous 20/20 hindsight and your Monday morning armchair QBing...

Exactly, and I brought this point up in the Dulac report card-turned-Arians-bashing thread.

Bottom line is that no matter what he does, Arians cannot win with these people.

Preacher
10-13-2009, 07:47 PM

There.. Fixed for ya!

:rofl:

Very good points Rev... and oh so true.

OneForTheToe
10-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Excellent Rev.

tony hipchest
10-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Very good points Rev... and oh so true.

:yep: agreed.

big ben is finally putting up stats right up there with p. mannings BEST year, yet it is not good enough.

he is statistically leaving tom brady in the dust.

has ANYONE ever heard a colts or patriots fan say "yeah, tom and peyton are great, but we really need to scrap that and get back to a power running game".

:headshake:

simple rule of football is you play to the strenghth of your personnel (which is exactly what we did with jerome and are now doing with ben).

perhaps bruce arians should change his first name to but.

Bu..Bu..But Arians to be exact.