PDA

View Full Version : Ineptitude at its, um best....

RoethlisBURGHer
10-12-2009, 01:07 PM
If I told you that a quarterback completed just two of seventeen passes, and that one of those incomplete passes was an interception...you would assume that his team lost, correct?

Well, you know what they say about those who assume.

Yesterday Cleveland Browns quarterback Derrik Anderson completed just two of his seventeen passes, for a career (and team record) low of 23 yards and and an interception. The Browns won the game 6-3 and go into next week's game at Pittsburgh with, well I guess you can call it "momentum".

Yesterday's game between the Browns and the Bills showed two of the worst teams in the NFL.

And the worst part is, the Browns still have to play the Oakland Raiders yet this season.

hindes204
10-12-2009, 01:42 PM
that game was unbelievably ridiculous.....ive seen my 14 year olds team play better football

tony hipchest
10-12-2009, 01:57 PM
lol. i just knew this would be a DA thread.

he is ranked 35th in the league right behind b. quinn. kyle freaking boller is ranked higher.

he has a 39.0 passer rating and 46% comp.

with that being said, he will probably have his best game of the year next week against the steelers.

we habitually let rookies and terrible qb's tear us up.

steelreserve
10-12-2009, 02:18 PM
If I told you that a quarterback completed just two of seventeen passes, and that one of those incomplete passes was an interception...you would assume that his team lost, correct?

Yes, I would assume that, because 2-for-17 normally indicates that the quarterback is JaMarcus Russell, and since he plays for the Raiders, its also pretty safe to assume a loss.

AllD
10-12-2009, 03:08 PM
There may be a few college and CFL teams that could beat either of those two. You can't even make one good team if you took the players from both teams.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
10-12-2009, 03:33 PM
63-3 Steelers this Sunday.

DA is terrible and I pray that is his last season here.

Not that Quinn is much better.

The Browns are amongst the worst organizations top to bottom in the NFL. Yup, I'm betting money that teams like Oakland, St. Louis and Detroit could probably beat us at this point.

The fact that they were able to pull a win out of their a**es this past sunday boggles my mind.

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2009, 03:35 PM
and yet the clowns would rather start him than pay quinn the bonus money for taking a percentage of the snaps. quinn gets pulled for being 6 for 8 , yet DA gets to play with that kinda performance ? your a fool if you think this ain't about that bonus money. :popcorn:

klick81
10-12-2009, 03:35 PM
with that being said, he will probably have his best game of the year next week against the steelers.

And this pisses me the _____ off. Hopefully Tomlin and LeBeau will light a fire under our D's ass this week.

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Fed-up Cleveland Browns fan starts on-line petition asking owner Randy Lerner to sell team
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/09/fed-up_cleveland_browns_fan_st.html

better sign woodson....:chuckle:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
10-12-2009, 03:46 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/09/fed-up_cleveland_browns_fan_st.html

better sign woodson....:chuckle:

Not going to happen...(meaning Lerner selling the team)

Which means we're stuck with him and his infatuation with the Patriot way for at least 3 more years.

Maybe he'll finally remove his head from his arse and hire someone who auctually has a clue at running an NFL organization. Because it sure ain't working right now.

Oh and in case you guys are curious, he wrote a letter to a Browns Backer Club in Baltimore saying to be patient and using Chuck Noll to you guys in the mid-60's as an example as to why to be as such.

:banging:

steelreserve
10-12-2009, 03:52 PM
The Browns are amongst the worst organizations top to bottom in the NFL. Yup, I'm betting money that teams like Oakland, St. Louis and Detroit could probably beat us at this point.

If you're talking top-to-bottom awfulness, I'd have to put the Raiders as far and away the worst and Detroit at #2. Although being squarely in the top three is not happy news for Cleveland.

On the field THIS year, I don't think there's any way the Rams would beat you. Have you seen them? They're awful. Possibly even worse than the Lions were last year. The Raiders would probably lose too. You know how bad Anderson was last game? Russell is that bad EVERY game. Lions might (and I emphasize "MIGHT") finally be getting back in the right direction.

MACH1
10-12-2009, 03:54 PM
lol. i just knew this would be a DA thread.

he is ranked 35th in the league right behind b. quinn. kyle freaking boller is ranked higher.

he has a 39.0 passer rating and 46% comp.

I seem to remember a really, really bad raiders team beating the steelers in much of the same situation.

silver & black
10-12-2009, 03:57 PM
63-3 Steelers this Sunday.

DA is terrible and I pray that is his last season here.

Not that Quinn is much better.

The fact that they were able to pull a win out of their a**es this past sunday boggles my mind.

No way the Raiders can beat the Browns. Raiders will go 1-15 this year.

silver & black
10-12-2009, 03:59 PM
If you're talking top-to-bottom awfulness, I'd have to put the Raiders as far and away the worst and Detroit at #2. Although being squarely in the top three is not happy news for Cleveland.

On the field THIS year, I don't think there's any way the Rams would beat you. Have you seen them? They're awful. Possibly even worse than the Lions were last year. The Raiders would probably lose too. You know how bad Anderson was last game? Russell is that bad EVERY game. Lions might (and I emphasize "MIGHT") finally be getting back in the right direction.

Agreed.

tony hipchest
10-12-2009, 04:13 PM
"no... the browns suck worse!"

"no... the raiders suck worse!"

:popcorn:

*sniffle- blots tear from eye*

this is truly beautiful. :tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
10-12-2009, 04:23 PM

:rofl::rofl::tt03:

That's great! I love it!

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2009, 04:26 PM

this is truly beautiful. :tt02: the only way this could be better is if CS85 was putting in his bid for the bengals....:chuckle:

arge5809
10-12-2009, 04:38 PM
lol. we habitually let rookies and terrible qb's tear us up.

:iagree:

It does seem that we play down to the bad teams, and up to the good teams. I wish I knew why ...

Go Steelers!!!

:tt03:

CantStop85
10-12-2009, 04:49 PM
the only way this could be better is if CS85 was putting in his bid for the bengals....:chuckle:

After you, my friend. :chuckle:

AllD
10-12-2009, 05:04 PM
They couldn't run the ball. They couldn't pass the ball. But they made up for it by not tackling.

Dino 6 Rings
10-12-2009, 05:06 PM
We can't afford another slip up and loss to an AFC North Team, not with the Bengals at 4-1 with 3 wins already in conference. No way. We have to beat the Browns and stay focussed.

Jets are at 3-1 pending tonight
Pats 3-1
Bengals 4-1
Ravens 3-2
Steelers 3-2
Colts 5-0
Broncos 5-0
Chargers 2-2.

Only Six Playoff Spots available. We can NOT afford a loss to the Browns. Bottom Fcking Line we have to stomp a mudhole in their face and beat them next week. Otherwise its the 07 season all over again where we are losing to teams we are clearly better than. That year we lost to the Jets and Cardinals (who were both mediocre at best that year) in the regular season and lost to the Jags in the playoffs. No way. If we lose this weekend, I'll be embarressed and very disheartened about making a run against playoff teams.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Dino, we will NOT lose to the Browns. It's not possible, it would cause a black hole close enough to the planet Earth that it would suck the earth into the abyss.

We beat the Chargers already, own a tiebreaker against them. The Pats are 3-2 now, they aren't that good of a team.

We still play the Broncos, Ravens (twice), and the Bengals one more time.

Godfather
10-12-2009, 09:13 PM
As an LSU fan, I'm glad Cleveland plays Oakland. Jamarcus can have a game to build his confidence and pad his stats :sofunny:

hindes204
10-12-2009, 09:24 PM

lmfao......i just spit coffe all over my computer screen.....thanks for that tony, i needed a good laugh

revefsreleets
10-13-2009, 09:27 AM
In a race for the #1 pick, the Raiders are irrelevant...crazy old Al will pick some marginal rd 2 level talent with the overall pick.

This race is REALLY between KC, Cleveland, Buffalo and St. Louis (the clear frontrunner at this point).

As for DA, big surprise...he's a career back-up being asked to start, probably mostly to ensure Brady doesn't get enough snaps to qualify for roster bonuses...

sixstringlass
10-14-2009, 03:40 AM
On the bright side, the Browns punter looked pretty good...