PDA

View Full Version : I'm done...

T.Richardson
10-13-2009, 12:03 AM
This community sucks, theres to much complaining, I cant deal with that anymore...im done with Steelersfever...

bye bye..

fansince'76
10-13-2009, 12:04 AM
Can't really say I blame you, sadly.

T.Richardson
10-13-2009, 12:06 AM
Parker sucks, Defense sucks, Offense Sucks, Ben Sucks, blah blah blah...I defended Ben so much last year, I cant keep defending anymore...

MACH1
10-13-2009, 12:15 AM
Just let em go. Hopefully, eventually they'll weed themselves out.

X-Terminator
10-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Seriously T, I can't blame you one bit if you are leaving. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Borski
10-13-2009, 01:01 AM
Dang, hope you check back later, hopefully all the negative types will have gotten bored and left after awhile. I dont participate to much on the board anymore for similar reasons.

Preacher
10-13-2009, 05:09 AM
Dang, hope you check back later, hopefully all the negative types will have gotten bored and left after awhile. I dont participate to much on the board anymore for similar reasons.

Sadly, that has become quite a problem around here.

However in the last few weeks, it has done a 180 to where now, everyone is SO Positive that Mendy is the next Jerome, Troy P. is the magical elixir, and Puff the magic dragon really was about a magic dragon by the sea (er, some of you know what it was really about :chuckle:).

Its like people have forgotten what it is like to actually look at both the good and bad of any given situation.

RunWillieRun
10-13-2009, 06:04 AM
This community sucks, theres to much complaining, I cant deal with that anymore...im done with Steelersfever...

bye bye..

So you're complaining that there's too much complaining?

Got it.

HometownGal
10-13-2009, 06:20 AM
I'm very sorry to see you go, TR, but instead of leaving altogether, why don't you just take a little break away from the board? Gary and I have both done that in the past when even we've been on tilt from all of the B&M'ing around here. The FWF's and bandwagon hoppers are pretty much identifying themselves and rather than allow them to ruin your experience, you could simply put them on ignore. Hope to see you back! :hug:

Texasteel
10-13-2009, 06:41 AM
Just take a vacation before you make any hasty decisions bud. Usually things go in a full circle. If you notice, most of the people that were saying Ben can't make it in this league last year are declaring Ben as a God this year.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-13-2009, 07:28 AM
Take a break brother.

Some of us need people like you on the board. See you when you get back.
:salute::usa::salute:

vasteeler
10-13-2009, 10:59 AM
ive thought about doing the same thing BUT there is no other place i can get as much info AND there are several posters here who i would truely miss

besides were else can you go to bust on tim lumber

BlastFurnace
10-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Wish you weren't leaving....but I bet you'll be back.

I don't understand why people leave boards. It doesn't bother me if someone has an opinion that is 180 degrees different than mine or if there is someone who is always negative or overly positive. Some people see half full, some people see half empty....so be it. Sometimes, posts are made in the middle of the game or after the game where the person is upset with what just transpired. It's more an emotional outburst than anything. It happens...so what.

The only thing that drives me crazy is personal attacks when the opinion is different. I don't understand why people take what is said on these boards so personally. Some things said on message boards (not just this one) would never be said if the two people were face to face...unless alcohol was involved. I think they call these folks..."Internet Tough Guys". I like threads where people with different opinions go at it....without getting into personal attacks.

I am a member of 3 boards, all of which offer information that people hear that doesn't make it to the paper until the next day. Sometimes, you make friends with people on boards, sometimes not.

The bottom line is that we are fans of the Steelers. We don't know these 53 men that compose the Black N' Gold...we just cheer them on. Some days, they take us through an incredible roller coaster ride. Some people get emotional, some people don't. I know when I have posted something in the heat of the moment, I regret posting it very shortly after. I also understand that it may be the same thing with others. If you are a poster that has control over your emotions and doesn't do that...great. If you get emotional during a game and use a message board to vent your frustrations because, like me, you have a spouse that could care less that Limas Sweed drops passes....that's fine too. The playoff game when Bettis fumbled against Indy....I was on pins and needles in one room....my wife and 3 kids were playing a board game in the other room just laughing away. Without the message board....I would have had no-one else to vent to. On game day....I need you guys!

This board provides an escape and in some cases...humor. Let's just enjoy it.

Dino 6 Rings
10-13-2009, 12:17 PM

bye bye..

aww man...don't go...stick around and be one of the positive influences on the board. Learn to laugh at the negative ones and enjoy baiting them.

btw...the BROWNS SUCK! Just tossing that in there cause its Browns week and THE BROWNS SUCK!

Oh...and THE BROWNS SUCK!

Nadroj 20
10-13-2009, 12:23 PM
I havent been here long and i do not know you very well but i know what you mean in the short time i have been here. Im not negative unless a player truley is playing poorly. But as for everyone else that thinks its the end of the world when someone makes one mistake WHO CARES dont listen to them they are not that smart about the game if they think that way..

It is hard to not post something irrational in the heat of the moment that is why i do not post during games. I can be very defensive when someone says something stupid and i have told people off when they are being sarcastic not realizing it lol all i see is them talking about one of my teams players.

I hope you dont leave and you can just talk to people who know what they are talking about and ignore people who do not understand anything.

hindes204
10-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Sorry to hear that Trich, i know you are going through some other things right now with your life, and i understand if you want to stay away from the negative things...hope you make it back soon

SteelerEmpire
10-13-2009, 12:55 PM
I once commented a lot on the Steelers home page. The negativity is MUCH more rampant and none of the posters seem to get along with one another.... "always" an argument between members and a lot of name calling....and I'm not a big fan of profanity. In addition, the boards set up is plain, drab, and does not have all the bells and whistle's that this one does and it (Steeler's home page) frequently malfunctions. It got to the point to where I lost desire to participate... If you look at it on a relative basis, in my opinion, Steelersfever is the premiere, one stop area in which the Steelers Nation can discuss their beloved team.... outside of Heinz Field.... :thumbsup::tt03:

GBMelBlount
10-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Sorry to hear that T. I enjoy your posts.

I see the same negativity as you do, but I guess I view it a different way.

There are some posters on here, like Steeldude & El Gonzo, who are very critical at times but make points that are often valid, or at least can be debated, albeit in a quite heated way at times. BUT I enjoy that & I learn a lot.

There are others who just take out there frustrations in a completely negative, nonconstructive way. THAT is only irritating if you let it get to you. The key in my opinion is to simply focus on the positive and ignore the people you find irritating.

If you try to find a place where there are absolutely no boneheads, you will end up on a deserted island my friend.

Anyway, hope to see you back, brother. :drink:

....and remember, having three wives WILL solve all of your problems. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
10-13-2009, 03:58 PM
:crying01: ...i can't take it anymore...:crying01:

:wave: adios nancy .... anyone who lets message board drivel get to you that much should go to therapy.... :screwy: did you start a post announcing your departure in hopes of getting your ball back ??? :flap:

T.Richardson
10-13-2009, 05:51 PM
:crying01: ...i can't take it anymore...:crying01:

:wave: adios nancy .... anyone who lets message board drivel get to you that much should go to therapy.... :screwy: did you start a post announcing your departure in hopes of getting your ball back ??? :flap:

whats that supposed to mean?

anyways, im probably going to take a long hiatus...the negativity doesnt bother me THAT much, but its adding up to whats happening to me right now here in Japan, since my Captain is being an A$$ CLOWN!

Its hard to stay positive right now, with this crap im going through...all my hope died yesterday when they broke the news that there was no chance for me at all..So the negativity here is just adding to much fire in me..

klick81
10-13-2009, 07:14 PM

Got it.

Touche :coffee:.

beSteelmyheart
10-13-2009, 08:13 PM

bye bye..
I wish that you had been more specific about this...Because personally I can't stand the endless effing political crap that will never be resolved anytime soon, let alone here but try to avoid it. Other than that, no problems.

BadBradz24
10-13-2009, 08:24 PM

Got it.

lmao that was funny....never back down from anything negativity is a sign of expecting alot in our team not saying its rite but we have been spoiled by the greatness of our team...all of us are truely blessed to have a team like the steelers and we expect to win all the time now and its hard to do that in the nfl....we are the defending champs until proven otherwise the season is long and troy is coming back and ben is having a great yr so far mendenhal is looking good too ...the defense will be fixed once troy is back and the division is ours!!! here we go steelers here we go!!!!! :tt02: stairway to seven!!

randy06
10-13-2009, 08:33 PM
I feel the same way I don't post near as much I mostly just pop in and see whats going on.

cubanstogie
10-13-2009, 10:12 PM

bye bye..

You have got to look on the bright side of things bro, like at least you aren't a liberal. Don't let the negativity effect you. Its just like in real life, If you listen to all the BS spewed by Obama, Pelosi and Reed it will kill you. Its like the media, take everything with a grain of salt. People who wan't to get rid of Arians, FWP and even Sweed after a few blunders are the same people who have been married 3 times. They don't see the big picture. In all seriousness it is mainly a form of venting. I myself vented on the O line, and this year they have stepped it up. If anyone's opinion on this board was worth a shat they would be coaching the Steelers. You just have to assume the majority of people are stupid hypocrites and nothing will bother you. Take care.

stairway27
10-13-2009, 10:28 PM
You missed the best thing of all... Dan Snyder is not our owner!