PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward's take; We'll rectify and get better as a team

mesaSteeler
10-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Hines Ward's take; We'll rectify and get better as a team
October 13, 4:44 AMPittsburgh Sports Examiner
Matt Pawlikowski
http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-Sports-Examiner~y2009m10d13-Hines-Wards-take-Well-rectify-and-get-better-as-a-team

On if last minute drives are a trend

“We’ll get it right. A win is a win, that’s what this business comes down to. Would we like to close teams out? Yes, of course. But when teams are playing the Steelers we’re the defending champions and they’re going to give us their best. So, we found a way to win the ballgame, we’ll rectify it and get better.”

On the Steelers fans traveling well

“We’re still a nation. Wherever we travel, we travel well. Playing in the Super Bowl here brought back a lot of memories. We had just as many fans as we did back then, so that’s what we love about playing for this organization. They’re the best fans in all of football and wherever we go they show their support.”

On the Steelers’ fans’ noise in the 4th quarter

“No question. They got loud, and that part of the Lions fans tried to get louder than our fans, so it just added on extra stuff for the offense, but all in all we try to be a great road team and today we got our first win and hopefully we can build on it.”

On the offense spreading the ball around

“That’s what we do. We’ve got a lot of playmaker ability at the skill positions, so Ben was going back and reading coverages and spreading the ball around and it’s only going to help us get better offensively. Mendenhall ran the ball well tonight, so offensively we started off a little slow but I think we did what needed to get done.”

On playing aginst Lions LB Larry Foote

“He’s always a Steeler. He’s welcome whenever. Last night a couple guys went to his house and ate dinner with his family and kids, so we still love Foote. I was out there joking with him and stuff like that, trash talking him. We love Foote. It’s unfortunate things couldn’t work out so he could be with this organization, but regardless of whatever you say he’s still a part of this organization and we love him.”

wootawnee
10-13-2009, 08:59 AM
FOOTDOCTOR!!!!!!

Did you see Gay give you a tribute "Foote Stomp"????

Steelboy84
10-13-2009, 11:28 AM
I hope so.

stlrtruck
10-13-2009, 12:14 PM
FOOTDOCTOR!!!!!!

Did you see Gay give you a tribute "Foote Stomp"????

I thought that was Harrison?