PDA

View Full Version : Analysts amaze me.

Avoid Lloyd
01-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Burning Questions. (http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9177717)

Yes he actually says that the LINEBACKERS of Denver will stop our passing game.

Also he says that Hines Ward is our only consistent big play threat. Obviously he has never even watched a Steelers game.

Hines Ward is a possession receiver!

Wow...I mean...just....wow.

BlackNGold203
01-20-2006, 10:34 PM
I read that crap

Is he from Denver???

Avoid Lloyd
01-20-2006, 11:04 PM
Yeah, you'd think he was an analyst on 1st and 10 everyday.

augustashark
01-20-2006, 11:33 PM
Give a moron a typewriter and this is what you get!

This numbskull was saying that the colts would not be stopped! Knows his football.

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-21-2006, 01:39 AM
Dam I wish I could get a job. Where I get paid a decent wage. Then go out and be wrong most of the time. Then still keep my job.

rickmastfan67
01-21-2006, 05:55 AM
Somebody better force that guy to watch the last 6 games we have won again. His head must have been on backwards.

Suitanim
01-21-2006, 08:10 AM
Here's what he had to say about last weeks games:

Are the New England Patriots going to keep alive their run to a third consecutive Super Bowl by pulling off the monumental task of beating the Broncos in Denver?

Yes.

Have the Pittsburgh Steelers improved enough to where they can avenge their lopsided Monday Night Football loss at Indianapolis?

No.

The prosecution rests.

Prosdo
01-21-2006, 08:13 AM
Nice Suit. Rep points.

Avoid Lloyd
01-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Expert Picks (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-PRED)

Check out how awful they've been in picking the playoffs this year....

I'm a guy from a hillbilly turnpike town and I've gone 7-1 with my playoff picks. Maybe I should start sending my resume to Sportsline.

DIESELMAN
01-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Vic is an idiot........always has been always will be:helmet:

Sharkissle29
01-21-2006, 12:13 PM
at least the swami picked us to win!

SteelCityMan786
01-21-2006, 12:58 PM
3 Of The CBS Sportsline picked us St33lers.

Avoid Lloyd
01-21-2006, 01:00 PM
3 Of The CBS Sportsline picked us St33lers.

Sadly that doesn't mean much because their win/loss record for the picks all year have been awful.

Here (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5264830) is a guy who actually looks at the facts, the matchups, and the entire season in determining his picks.

I'm going to read more from him in the future.

SteelCityMan786
01-21-2006, 01:04 PM
I like this guys analysis. Good Find Lloyd.

OrangeMane06
01-21-2006, 01:37 PM
BRONCZ RULE!!! 37 19 DENVER!!!!!!!!

4n2t0
01-21-2006, 01:59 PM
He makes a lot of valid points but I think it may not be as easy as it sounds. Denver, with the excellent defensive front they have, should be able to stop our running game. Ben will have to win this game for us, just like he did last week with the help of a swarming defense! I believe that the Broncos are the Steelers but with different uniforms on. It's going to be a great game, one that will come down to quarter back play on both sides in my humble opinion.

Great site...

Go Steelers!

4N2T0

Da'Burgh
01-21-2006, 02:39 PM
It's nice the Swami picked us! He knows what's going on most of the time. I get so irritated with all these analysts... sometimes I just have to laugh...

Da'Burgh
01-21-2006, 02:42 PM
It's nice the Swami picked us! He knows what's going on most of the time. I get so irritated with all these analysts... sometimes I just have to laugh... I mean wtf are they all thinking? It's like nobody has been watching the Steelers are something. We aren't flashy, big named superstars, so we don't get all the love from the media or anyone else. That's what I love about the Steelers. (and why I'm a Pistons fan) We like being the underdog. It's feels that much better when we stomp the shit out of you.

Take THAT Jim Rome, Woody Paige, Jay Mariotti, etc etc etc etc...

(I meant to hit edit but I accidently hit quote...is there a way to delete the above post?)

lotas
01-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Nice find on that article, here's a part I liked:

"The Broncos are solid in all phases, but are they dominant in any? Their running game is a strong point, but no one runs on the Steelers. Jake Plummer has improved, but if Manning couldn't deal with Blitzburgh, how will Jake the Snake fair?

As for defense, the Broncos gave up almost 450 total yards to the Patriots and did not record a single sack. If it hadn't been for New England's three inexcusable fumbles — that the Denver "D" had precious little to do with — and Tom Brady's ill-fated toss to Champ Bailey, the Steelers would be visiting Foxborough this Sunday. (And it pains me to say it, but I think they just might have won there, too.)

The Broncos are giving 3.5 points, but the Steelers are the better team, the best team in the NFL as it turns out.

Steelers 27, Broncos 17

"

Suitanim
01-21-2006, 04:50 PM
That was a nice analysis, but when compared to such intellectual Einsteinian prognostication as "BRONCZ RULE!!! 37 19 DENVER!!!!!!!!", it kind of pales in comparison...

SteelersNation7
01-21-2006, 05:19 PM
And what has JAke Plummer ever won??? Answer NOTHING!

Mr. Clean
01-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Jake Plummer has won fewer playoff games (2) than Ben Roethlisberger (3).

I give credit and respect to the Broncos. They won the AFC West which was the toughest division in the NFL this regular season. Denver is 12-2 all time at home in the playofs and they have lost only one conference championship game in their history, to Buffalo in the 1993 playoffs.

Vic Carucci also works for the Cleveland Browns and contributes to their website. That shows you his objectivity.

None of that matters now. New England lost the game by shooting themselves in the foot over and over, and Denver was just good enough to take advantage of it. Plummer is an average quarterback who has had a career season.

All the Steelers have to do is play their game and the trip to Detroit is assured. If they screw up, Denver will win. It's as simple as that.

Suitanim
01-21-2006, 05:47 PM
C'mon! This is ridiculous...this is clearly some little 10 year old kid, and he's starting to junk up legitimate threads with his "na-na-na-na" bullshit nonsense...

Mr. Clean
01-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Orange Mange - :monkey: on you.

:wantsome: Really? Do ya, jagoff?

?Tu pendejo!

SteelCityMan786
01-21-2006, 07:17 PM
:wantsome: :wantsome: :wantsome: :wantsome: :wantsome: :wantsome: :wantsome: :wantsome: :wantsome: :wantsome: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

Your Broncos want a piece of this Orange. Well you can get the hell out. They want a beating is what they want.

Avoid Lloyd
01-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Hey guys, I'm trying to keep this thread about the "experts" and their knowledge of picks, or lack thereof.

Make another thread for retarded flames please.

This one (http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9176096) has us fairly equal - but he says our special teams and trick plays will give us a slight edge. That and he likes our skill players better than Denver's, which I agree with.

"I'll go with Big Ben (and his beard), Hines Ward, Antwaan Randle El and the emerging Heath Miller over Plummer, Rod Smith, Ashley Lelie and Jeb Putzier in the passing game department. Steelers roll on and cause multiple celebration heart attacks, 21-17."

SteelCityMan786
01-21-2006, 08:38 PM
C'mon! This is ridiculous...this is clearly some little 10 year old kid, and he's starting to junk up legitimate threads with his "na-na-na-na" bullshit nonsense...

petition to have Orangemane in order? That guys is a 2 year old posting gibberish.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-21-2006, 08:46 PM
ANALysts... name says it all!!
Go STEELERS