PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for HTG

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Most of you may have noticed that HTG hasnt been around much for awhile. I just got a pm from her this morning that I know she wouldnt mind me sharing with all of the Steeler Fever Family.

I haven't been on the board much the last week or so. My beloved Ken passed away on Friday and I'm just devastated. He fought so hard to live but in the end, while his head was saying "fight, fight, fight", his heart said "can't do this anymore". He died on the operating room table and it tears me up that I wasn't there to hold his hand during his final moments.

I'll be on and off the board over the next week or so as I have a lot to do getting everything in order

I think the hurt and pain is obvious in her words.....so PLEASE take amoment to offer her your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

sherlock
10-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Deepest sympathies HTG

RunWillieRun
10-13-2009, 11:51 AM
So sorry to hear that. You have my sympathies during this difficult time.

devilsdancefloor
10-13-2009, 11:52 AM
You and your family have my prayers and condolences. If you need anything send me a PM.

MACH1
10-13-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm so sorry. May you find comfort in knowing Ken is with God.

SteelersMongol
10-13-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm really sorry 2 hear that. But U know, your Ken is up there with the Chief talking about the Steelers & U.

GBMelBlount
10-13-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Marianne. You are both in my prayers.

stlrtruck
10-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Prayers for the Peace and Comfort of the Lord!

klick81
10-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Sorry about your loss HTG. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.

fansince'76
10-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Well, HTG asked me specifically not to start a thread like this, but since it is out of the bag, she knows that I have her and her family in my prayers.

Hammer Of The GODS
10-13-2009, 12:09 PM
May you find strength in the memories of Ken and the love you shared.

My deepest sympathies go out to you Marrianne...

Indo
10-13-2009, 12:14 PM
So sorry for your loss...

please PM me if there is anything I can do/questions I may be able to answer

steelpride12
10-13-2009, 12:36 PM
My thought and prayers are you with you and your family HTG, and just know Ken is in gods hands now.

Christian Snyder
10-13-2009, 01:32 PM
I will be praying for you HomeTownGal and you family as well.

Steelerstrength
10-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Warmest thoughts and humble prayers for you HTG.

Texasteel
10-13-2009, 03:19 PM
You know that you and your family are in my heart and in my prayers. God bless you, and keep you, and all your family.

Steelman16
10-13-2009, 03:24 PM
HTG I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family have my deepest sympathy and prayers. We love you!

NJarhead
10-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Sorry for your loss HTG. You have my prayers. :hug:

Steel_12
10-13-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I will say a prayer for your loved one.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-13-2009, 03:47 PM
So sorry for your loss.

X-Terminator
10-13-2009, 07:25 PM
You know my prayers and sympathies are with you and your family, Marianne. So sad and a shame that it happened at such a young age. :crying02:

Polamalu Princess
10-13-2009, 08:11 PM
:hug:I am so sorry friend. I will be praying for you.:hug:

SteelCityMan786
10-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Hope all goes well HTG. Prayers from Hollidaysburg.

Preacher
10-13-2009, 08:27 PM
My prayers and thoughts are with you. . .

so sad.

OneForTheToe
10-14-2009, 01:16 AM
Thoughts and prayers, HTG.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-14-2009, 01:39 AM
Marianne I am so sorry for your loss.:hug:

Galax Steeler
10-14-2009, 04:59 AM
Marianne you have our thought and prayers. Hang in there you are so tough.

KeiselPower99
10-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss.

PAMillerGrrl83
10-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Thoughts and prayers to you HTG and your family!!!!

Shoes
10-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Your in my heart and prayers Sis

Carolina Steelers
10-14-2009, 08:51 PM
HTG sorry for ur loss I will be praying for u and your family

Aussie_steeler
10-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss HTG. You are always in our thoughts here.

hindes204
10-14-2009, 09:49 PM
im sorry to hear of your loss, you will be in my thoughts and prayers

GutterflowerSteel
10-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Marianne, I'm so sorry to hear the sad news - God's love and comfort to you and your loved one. You're both in my prayers :grouphug:

HometownGal
10-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and expressions of sympathy. It really means so much to me. Gary did want to start a thread for me, but I asked him not to, but I thank you, LLT, for being so thoughtful. :hug:

Ken had been ill and in the hospital a lot during August, September and early October and was in surgery at the time of his death on Friday morning. He had been on a medication for 2 years called Amiodarone which is the only drug out there that controlled his arrythmias. One of the rare side effects of Amiodarone is that it can cause hyperthyroidism which it was found to have caused in Ken. When the cardiologists discovered that Ken had severe hyperthyroidism from that drug while he was hospitalized in early August, they took him off of the drug immediately and tried every other drug out there to try to control it. Ken had a defibrillator/pacer implanted in 2007 during his surgery to replace his aortic valve which was stenotic and the severe hyperthyroidism caused him to go into ventricular tachycardia which in turn, caused his defibrillator to fire 14 times in a period of 6 weeks which was agonizingly painful as I'm sure you can imagine. :horror: I was holding his hand during one of the times it fired and was sitting in a chair next to his bed in the Emergency Room and when it went off, it threw me backwards chair and all into the wall behind me and I hit my head off the wall, so you can only imagine how hard it hit him on the inside.

Ken was transferred from West Penn Hospital to Allegheny General Hospital on September 25th, as the docs at WPH came to the conclusion that Ken needed a new heart (and possibly a new liver because of the severe cholesterol problem he had which he took several medications for). He was evaluated by the transplant team who were all absolutely wonderful to both of us and the docs decided that in order for him to be eligible for the transplant list, the thyroid had to be removed as it was causing all of these dangerous arrythmias. Ken was getting himself very worked up in fear of the defibrillator going off again - so much so that the Sunday before he died, they put him on a ventilator so that they could keep him sedated and lessen the risk of the defibrillator firing.

Ken went to surgery on Friday morning to have his thyroid removed and the plan was to move him to the transplant floor for a complete evaluation workup several days post-op. I was with him an hour before surgery and he knew I was there, as he squeezed my hand several times and halfway opened his eyes. I told him I would see him after the surgery. They took him down to surgery and upon the surgeon making the initial incision, Ken went into cardiac arrest. The docs defibrillated him numerous times and performed CPR and they got him back. They decided to abort the surgery and as they were transferring him from the OR table to a gurney to take him to the recovery room, he arrested again. Numerous doctors rushed into the room and worked on him for 40 minutes, but they couldn't save him. We buried him yesterday afternoon.

I am devastated beyond words, but I am putting my trust in God to bring me through this, and I've had such a tremendous amount of support from my family, my friends and all of you wonderful people here at SF which I am so very grateful for. :hug:

Though I had nothing to regret and have peace in my heart that Ken is in a better place in heaven with the Lord with no more suffering, fear or pain, one of the lessons I've taken from his death is that I am going to make it a point to tell everyone I love in my life that I love them every single day and NEVER say anything that I can't take back. Life is really so very short and we're only here for a limited amount of time.

Again, thank you all for being the great friends and warm, caring people that you are. :hug: :hug: :hug:

SteelersinCA
10-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Sorry for your loss, prayers from mine to you and yours.

Slick93
10-15-2009, 06:38 AM
You have mine and my families deepest sympathies. You can rest assured that you will be in our thoughts and prayers through this difficult time. May the Lord give you peace and strength.

stillers4me
10-15-2009, 06:48 AM
I'm so sorry, Marianne. :hug:

HometownGal
10-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Thank you SteelersinCA, Slick93 and Sue. :hug:

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 10:12 AM
Very sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to HTG and her family.

NEPAsteeler
10-16-2009, 11:56 AM
HTG, you are definitely in my prayers. I haven't been able to get on here much lately but I think the good lord wanted me to come on here to see this. I know Ken is up there looking down on you right this moment.

HometownGal
10-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Thank you NEPA. :hug:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Marianne-

I count the passing of the days.
with tears that mark the grey veils task,
and note lifes sad and passing ways
that called my loved one home at last.
I find in me the weight of lead
My soul too slow to flee earth's drag
And wonder at words your heart had said
sadly knowing that time apart does lag.
Yet in your promise a tale is told
And through memories, new portraits etched
That those who knew your loving soul
See in that reflection...Heaven stretched.
Now I sit upon the rivers edge
trying vainly to see the other side.
And make a solemn hopeful pledge
To someday with my love abide.
Hurt is often carings cost.
I swallow heartache, indure pain.
Knowing that which this realm has lost,
has now become sweet Heavens gain.

HometownGal
10-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Marianne-

I count the passing of the days.
with tears that mark the grey veils task,
and note lifes sad and passing ways
that called my loved one home at last.
I find in me the weight of lead
My soul too slow to flee earth's drag
And wonder at words your heart had said
sadly knowing that time apart does lag.
Yet in your promise a tale is told
And through memories, new portraits etched
That those who knew your loving soul
See in that reflection...Heaven stretched.
Now I sit upon the rivers edge
trying vainly to see the other side.
And make a solemn hopeful pledge
To someday with my love abide.
Hurt is often carings cost.
I swallow heartache, indure pain.
Knowing that which this realm has lost,
has now become sweet Heavens gain.

That is so beautiful and very comforting, Perry. THANK YOU! :hug::hug::hug:

Vincent
10-17-2009, 05:13 PM
I just saw this. I'm very sorry HTG!!

Blessings to you and yours!

jev7452
10-17-2009, 05:50 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My best wishes and sincere prayers go out to you and his family. God bless you

NV STEELERS 723
01-03-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm so sorry HTG !

HometownGal
01-05-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm so sorry HTG !

Thank you Paul. :hug:

TroysBadDawg
01-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Told you privately, my prayers are with you.

HometownGal
01-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Told you privately, my prayers are with you.

Yes you did and I truly appreciate it. :drink: :hug:

Leftoverhard
01-14-2010, 06:49 PM
So sorry HTG - sending good thoughts your way

HometownGal
01-16-2010, 08:29 AM
So sorry HTG - sending good thoughts your way

Thank you. :hug:

SMR
01-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Oh gosh! I am so sorry to chime in so late HTG, but my heart goes out to you. My condolences to you. Please hang in there and look to the Lord for strength and comfort.

supa_fly_steeler
01-16-2010, 10:35 AM
:( damn unlucky. my thoughts go out to you

HometownGal
01-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Thank you both. :hug: Just taking baby steps - one day at a time.