PDA

View Full Version : WARNING!!..."entertainment" for Wembley announced.

sherlock
10-13-2009, 11:41 AM
The,cough,entertainment for the Bucs and Patriots game in London has just been announced!:......pretty cutting edge stuff...NOT:doh:

http://www.nfluk.com/news/wembley-entertainment-announced_131009.html

As a poster on nfluk said,they should get Johnny Rotten to sing God Save The Queen!

Indo
10-13-2009, 12:11 PM
It's funny how they're billing the Bucs as a good team....

nojobny
10-13-2009, 12:53 PM
OMG I love Calvin Harris!

revefsreleets
10-13-2009, 12:54 PM
It looks like they pulled none of the stops out and spared much expense.

MasterOfPuppets
10-13-2009, 12:58 PM
you can always hope for the blonde to have a costume malfunction...:chuckle:

KeiselPower99
10-14-2009, 12:50 AM
I guess they couldnt talk Oasis into a last off performance.

4xSBChamps
10-14-2009, 05:23 AM
The,cough,entertainment for the Bucs and Patriots game in London has just been announced!:......pretty cutting edge stuff...NOT:doh:

http://www.nfluk.com/news/wembley-entertainment-announced_131009.html

As a poster on nfluk said,they should get Johnny Rotten to sing God Save The Queen!
" IF ", as the League continues trying to convince us, the NFL is 'so-big' in Europe, why does the game need pre-game crap?
:noidea:

why-not, as LondonPat89 suggest, 'skip the pregame show and just go straight into the game!' ?

sherlock
10-28-2009, 02:16 PM
" IF ", as the League continues trying to convince us, the NFL is 'so-big' in Europe, why does the game need pre-game crap?
:noidea:

why-not, as LondonPat89 suggest, 'skip the pregame show and just go straight into the game!' ?

Couldn`t agree more.
I think they`re trying to give an `authentic` feel to the overall experience.:noidea:
I hate it when sports events drag in some diva singer to `lead` the crowd in a rendition of the National Anthem...it`s so much better when left to the spectators.

HughC
10-30-2009, 01:28 AM
By the same argument, then if the NFL is so big in the US, why does the Super Bowl have so much pre-game and half-time activities, and why don't they simply televise the game?

4xSBChamps
10-30-2009, 02:35 AM
By the same argument, then if the NFL is so big in the US, why does the Super Bowl have so much pre-game and half-time activities, and why don't they simply televise the game?

I doubt the per-30-second advertising fee for the SB is the same as it was for the game from London

Long-ago, the Super Bowl became something other-than a football game to determine the Championship of American Football, and today it is nothing but a forum for the League to make-money (PRINT-money?), and for the movers-and-shakers / elite to show-off in a warm-weather climate under the guise of a football game