PDA

View Full Version : Quinn's gone (or soon to be)

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
10-13-2009, 07:12 PM
While trade speculation continues to swirl, coupled with ESPN analysts saying that they highly doubt a move will be made, Browns quarterback Brady Quinn’s home in Avon Lake, Ohio has hit the market just hours ago.

Now, either this means that Quinn won’t be seeing his $11 million in incentives/escalators kick in this season and is forced to downsize, or this could be a signal that the former first-round draft pick will be the next member of the Browns to relocate. His agent, Tom Condon (who also represents Braylon Edwards) is likely hoping for the latter of the two.

The four-bedroom, five-bathroom, 4,500 square foot home sits on roughly one acre of land and is currently listed under one Brayden Tyler Quinn. Quinn is looking for $775,000 from anyone looking to purchase a new home. Per Lorain County Auditor, the 2008 value was just under $630,000.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=19110

AllD
10-13-2009, 08:26 PM
That's cheap, but it is Ohio afterall.

revefsreleets
10-14-2009, 01:18 PM
He's still got the tools to succeed in the NFL, I'm sure of it...he just needs the right situation (and Cleveland is anything but right!)...

Mikee
10-14-2009, 01:55 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApDlMrzUhBIY2qTxXnwsAVo5nYcB?slug=ap-browns-quinn&prov=ap&type=lgns

BEREA, Ohio (AP)—Browns coach Eric Mangini said he’s not trying to trade quarterback Brady Quinn, who lost his starting job after just 10 quarters this season.

With the Oct. 20 trade deadline approaching, there has been mounting speculation the Browns will deal Quinn, a former first-round pick who began the season as Cleveland’s starter. But Quinn struggled in losses to Minnesota and Denver and Mangini benched him for Derek Anderson.

“We’re not looking to move Brady Quinn,” Mangini said Wednesday. “Brady is a Cleveland Brown and that’s not anything we’re looking to do.”

Mangini says he has a good relationship with Quinn as does offensive coordinator Brian Daboll.

Quinn has put his suburban home up for sale, fueling talk that he wants out of Cleveland. But the former Notre Dame star said his intentions to sell have nothing to do with his status on the team or unhappiness with the Browns.

“It indicates a house is for sale,” Quinn said, joking that he appreciated the free publicity in a tough housing market.

Quinn, who is not married, said he’s looking to downsize from his five-bedroom property and shorten his commute to the team’s training facility.

Quinn said he has not asked the Browns to trade him, and that’s something he would never demand.

“I want to play,” he said. “I think I’m good enough to play in this league. But I’m here right now to do the best I can for this team.”

Quinn stands to lose $11 million in contract incentives this season if he doesn’t play in 70 percent of the offensive snaps.

steelreserve
10-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Why does he need more bathrooms than bedrooms? Does everyone in the house have diarrhea?

AllD
10-14-2009, 02:08 PM
You need extra bathrooms for guests, so they don't invade your personal space.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Why does he need more bathrooms than bedrooms? Does everyone in the house have diarrhea?

Maybe diarrhea is a side effect of staph infections and he was just being prepared. :noidea:

revefsreleets
10-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Huh? Shorten his commute? It's like 10 miles to Berea from Avon Lake...this is a dumb excuse...

fansince'76
10-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Browns coach Eric Mangini said he’s not trying to trade quarterback Brady Quinn, who lost his starting job after just 10 quarters this season.

With the Oct. 20 trade deadline approaching, there has been mounting speculation the Browns will deal Quinn, a former first-round pick who began the season as Cleveland’s starter. But Quinn struggled in losses to Minnesota and Denver and Mangini benched him for Derek Anderson.

“We’re not looking to move Brady Quinn,” Mangini said Wednesday. “Brady is a Cleveland Brown and that’s not anything we’re looking to do.”

Sure, and McDaniels wasn't trying to shop Cutler, either. If I've heard one lying sack of shit Belicheat disciple, I've heard them all. :coffee:

RoethlisBURGHer
10-15-2009, 12:33 AM
Hmmmmmm.....Avon Lake isn't that far from me....like 15 minutes if even that. I wonder if I can crap on the front porch!

Everybody, watch Quinn get traded to Oakland!

MasterOfPuppets
10-15-2009, 12:58 AM
and with the 5th pick of the 2010 draft...the clevland browns select...quarterback sam bradford..:applaudit:

Godfather
10-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Everybody, watch Quinn get traded to Oakland!

Wouldn't be such a bad idea. Jamarcus Russell would be a huge upgrade over Derek Anderson.

Steelboy84
10-15-2009, 11:45 AM
He's still got the tools to succeed in the NFL, I'm sure of it...he just needs the right situation (and Cleveland is anything but right!)...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

revefsreleets
10-15-2009, 11:47 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's cool...time will tell. The situation in Cleveland is about as BAD as you will find in the NFL for a QB, but that doesn't figure in, right?

RoethlisBURGHer
10-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Wouldn't be such a bad idea. Jamarcus Russell would be a huge upgrade over Derek Anderson.

I wouldn't go that far.

cubanstogie
10-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Quinn is a class act and too good for the Browns. Half the league could learn a thing or two from reading some of his post demotion quotes.

43Hitman
10-15-2009, 08:42 PM
That's cool...time will tell. The situation in Cleveland is about as BAD as you will find in the NFL for a QB, but that doesn't figure in, right?

It does I guess. We haven't seen anything from him, not even a flash at anytime, and you would think by now that he would have flashed a couple of times. System QB that did somewhat okay in Weiss' system in my opinion.

Nadroj 20
10-15-2009, 09:17 PM
and with the 5th pick of the 2010 draft...the clevland browns select...quarterback sam bradford..:applaudit:

LOL o man that poor kid!

RoethlisBURGHer
10-15-2009, 09:52 PM
LOL o man that poor kid!

Not if Mangini is the coach. I don't think he would want a rookie QB.

Nadroj 20
10-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Not if Mangini is the coach. I don't think he would want a rookie QB.

If it were to happen that would suck for bradford i wasnt saying they were going to do it

revefsreleets
10-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Quinn's problem in Cleveland is he was never allowed to just go out and play...he's looked mechanical, like he's thinking WAY too much and not just playing the game. And THAT is due to his idiot coach...at least Weiss let him play and THEN yelled at him. Mangina really doomed this poor guy from the start, what with all the head games and such...

I'm not a fan or anything, but I've seen him play a lot in college (even in person) and I think he's got what it takes to play on Sunday....just not in Cleveland, the franchise where good players careers die (or never even get started, as is this particular case)...

shinoff2183
10-16-2009, 01:31 PM
I kinda feel bad for the guy even though he is browns player. He was 6/8 and one pic, then he gets pulled. Anderson ends up throwing like three pics. I think mangina is an idiot.

Aussie_steeler
10-17-2009, 02:39 AM
Quinn stands to lose $11 million in contract incentives this season if he doesn’t play in 70 percent of the offensive snaps.

Would they just be sitting him to save some money??? If they sit him to save some money then he is going to want to leave???
Then he gets traded and instead of paying him they get something in return for him???

I dont know the real agenda of Beliprick disciples when it comes to contracts. Any help???

MACH1
10-17-2009, 03:05 AM
Both those guys are doomed. It wouldn't surprise me if they had a rookie starting next year. Both could be trade bait for draft picks.

shinoff2183
10-17-2009, 03:51 AM
Both those guys are doomed. It wouldn't surprise me if they had a rookie starting next year. Both could be trade bait for draft picks.

Maybe quinn, but I think anderson just plain out trent edwards sucks. The bills are stupid for sticking with edwards(Ill eat my words if they go to the SB). I have always thought they shoulve traded anderson after that one good year he had. They mightve got something decent for him. Right now I dont think anyone is in the market for derek anderson.

sharkweek
10-17-2009, 07:27 AM

to be fair, most master bedrooms have private bathrooms, then if we consider multi story houses we could have a common bathroom up stairs, the main floor, and perhaps in a basement, thats 4, and unless you're planning on a family the house will most likely have 3 or fewer bedrooms.