PDA

View Full Version : Steelers ranked 10th on the powernfl.com rankings!!!!! wth

JeromeBusBettis93
10-13-2009, 07:13 PM
http://www.powernfl.com/

We are ranked 10th on the rankings, isn't that terrible?

I guess we kinda deserve some of it, but come on, 10th? We can soooo beat the broncos. We can SOOO beat the jets.

What do you guys think?

oh and for those new, this site compiles 4 rankings (espn, fox, cbs, nfl.com) and puts it into one.

its kinda cool tho.

I know we all hate rankings but lol we all know we secretly love em, lol.

Cuz we fans.

but 10th... i can't live with that!

Christian Snyder
10-13-2009, 07:18 PM

I guess we kinda deserve some of it, but come on, 10th? We can soooo beat the broncos. We can SOOO beat the jets.

What do you guys think?

oh and for those new, this site compiles 4 rankings (espn, fox, cbs, nfl.com) and puts it into one.

its kinda cool tho.

I know we all hate rankings but lol we all know we secretly love em, lol.

Cuz we fans.

but 10th... i can't live with that! Personally, I think we should be ranked 8th. But, what does it matter what some person's opinion is of the Steelers, anyway?:noidea:

:tt04:

AllD
10-13-2009, 07:24 PM
We can beat the best team in the NFL- evidenced when we beat ourselves twice. Hopefully the team is still getting its legs and injuries do not wear us out.

JeromeBusBettis93
10-13-2009, 07:29 PM
We can beat the best team in the NFL- evidenced when we beat ourselves twice. Hopefully the team is still getting its legs and injuries do not wear us out.

Lol good one

But yeah I think we should be ranked 6th.

Or maybe we'll fly under the radar to the sb again (05')

But those rankings are cool to look at.

BadBradz24
10-13-2009, 07:36 PM
10th is a decent ranking considering we almost lost to the lions...we need some defense!!

The Duke
10-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Dammit!! I so wanted the steelers in the BCS championship this year

there's always next year I guess....

sharkweek
10-13-2009, 08:11 PM
yeah, power rankings are precisely for teams like the Broncos and Bengals so their fans can point to it and feel better about their situation instead of later in the season when they're losing the games that matter

based on the first 5 weeks of play, only the Colts, Giants and Vikings are playing at a level that give me some concern as to how the Steelers might match up, and really I'm not too concerned about the Giants and Vikings.

JeromeBusBettis93
10-13-2009, 10:18 PM
yeah, power rankings are precisely for teams like the Broncos and Bengals so their fans can point to it and feel better about their situation instead of later in the season when they're losing the games that matter

based on the first 5 weeks of play, only the Colts, Giants and Vikings are playing at a level that give me some concern as to how the Steelers might match up, and really I'm not too concerned about the Giants and Vikings.

You are right, but the ranking websites like espn fox, or powernfl.com for example, give us, the fans, something to look at during the week.

You could say the same about stats, but we still all love stats.

stillers4me
10-13-2009, 10:22 PM
I don't pay attention to stuff like that. The same "experts" that are writing us off because we are "barely beating bad teams" are treating the Bengals like the next coming of the New England Patriots* when they are barely beating the same teams. The Bengals are so awesome... Whatever.

tony hipchest
10-13-2009, 10:29 PM

What do you guys think?

a couple of years ago, a far superior steelers team lost to the sucky rookie led broncos and the 1-10 clemens led jets...

i think that is shit.

it should not be repeated, but very well could. :noidea:

UF-Steeler
10-13-2009, 10:43 PM
"Now that is how you make a statement in the NFL. Flacco and the Falcons just took out one of the top teams in the NFC, in a blowout victory. This one was over at halftime, 35-10. Final Score was 45-10."

lol.

Spinlcrack
10-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Ratings, people. It's to keep people talking through the week. Watercooler fodder, if you will. Steeler nation is omnigeographic (just made that up, like it?) and vocal. Where was our Power Ranking week 12 in '05? So, don't worry about it, and it is not far from where I would place them.

Spinlcrack
10-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Hehe - look at my little head! I'm gonna go fix that . Lambert is po'd I'm sure

JeromeBusBettis93
10-14-2009, 02:54 AM
Ratings, people. It's to keep people talking through the week. Watercooler fodder, if you will. Steeler nation is omnigeographic (just made that up, like it?) and vocal. Where was our Power Ranking week 12 in '05? So, don't worry about it, and it is not far from where I would place them.

wow you just exploded my brain. Omnigeographic.

I do agree that our rankings were bad in 05, but we progressively got better that season, we didn't play at the same level throughout.

Galax Steeler
10-14-2009, 03:35 AM
We never are ranked high in the rankings. It is just someones opinion we shouldn't pay no attention to them. We could be 5 and 0 right now and still be ranked 10th.

Spinlcrack
10-14-2009, 05:22 AM
My point exactly.

GBMelBlount
10-14-2009, 06:16 AM
Hehe - look at my little head!

Definitely not a good pickup line.

GBMelBlount
10-14-2009, 06:20 AM
I actually find the rankings humorous.

Unless we are ranked number one.

Then I take them seriously.

solardave
10-14-2009, 06:51 AM

Nicely put. We sure didn't need to lose Aaron Smith to injury.I wonder if we'll get Ziggy with it this week in place of him. I'd like to see what he can do.The Post Gazette says torn rotator cuff and Smith is out indefinitely.If it requires surgery he'll probably go on IR.
Tomlin says Ziggy won't be the replacement so I guess Kirshke or Nick Eason?
My guess is he doesn't know the defense well enough.

JeromeBusBettis93
10-14-2009, 10:26 PM
We never are ranked high in the rankings. It is just someones opinion we shouldn't pay no attention to them. We could be 5 and 0 right now and still be ranked 10th.

Don't be stupid, they gave us the benefit of the doubt. We were ranked #1 until we started to lose.

Thats a matter of fact.

Preacher
10-14-2009, 10:32 PM

I think, the word you are looking for, is omnipresent.

HometownGal
10-14-2009, 10:54 PM
This ranking :bs: is like a broken record around this place. :rolleyes:

Who gives a rat's ass where the Steelers are ranked? Checkmarks in the W column is all that really matters in the grand scheme of things. :banging: :banging: :banging:

mesaSteeler
10-14-2009, 10:57 PM

Who gives a rat's ass where the Steelers are ranked? Checkmarks in the W column is all that really matters in the grand scheme of things. :banging: :banging: :banging:

:applaudit::hatsoff::applaudit::hatsoff::applaudit ::hatsoff:

Absolutely correct! No point in getting excited about some silly ranking.

JackHammer
10-14-2009, 11:00 PM
I think the same thing I thought when we were at the top of the PR's........ Who cares?

cubanstogie
10-14-2009, 11:09 PM

All those stupid rankings do is give writers something to BS about. The NFL doesn't need rankings, thats why we have playoffs and the SB. This is not college. Thank god for that, every other year it would be the Pats and Colts winning the title if it were subjective.

LVSteelersfan
10-14-2009, 11:34 PM
OMG, we won't make the Bank of America Bowl in Timbuktu after the season if we don't get those rankings up. Quit reading that garbage. We all know that the Steelers are better than their rankings most of the time. With the loss of Smith, perhaps we are not as strong as we once were, but I think we still have a pretty dominant team. I think the Giants and Colts look the best so far this year though. But we took the Colts out when they were stronger in the past. It can happen again. The Broncos will fade.

JeromeBusBettis93
10-15-2009, 02:20 AM
OMG, we won't make the Bank of America Bowl in Timbuktu after the season if we don't get those rankings up. Quit reading that garbage. We all know that the Steelers are better than their rankings most of the time. With the loss of Smith, perhaps we are not as strong as we once were, but I think we still have a pretty dominant team. I think the Giants and Colts look the best so far this year though. But we took the Colts out when they were stronger in the past. It can happen again. The Broncos will fade.

Your thinking college. There is only the Pro Bowl and Super Bowl in NFL.

WH
10-15-2009, 02:50 AM
10th is a decent ranking considering we almost lost to the lions...we need some defense!!

That victory was hardly almost a loss. It's can't be ''almost'' a loss when you always had the lead.

WH
10-15-2009, 02:51 AM

............. please tell me you're combating his sarcasm with more sarcasm.

Angus Burgher
10-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Power rankings are just a load of BS. The rankings on FOX Sports are proof of that... they've moved the Steelers down for two consecutive weeks despite back-to-back wins. I guess if they lose a game, they'll shoot straight to the top?

steelreserve
10-15-2009, 01:01 PM
I don't really see being 10th as a slight. We lost two games, and the teams above us didn't. (except for the Jets) I have no doubt that we'll end up better than 10th later on, but even if we had all Hall of Famers on the team, being 3-2 counts against you, becauswe even if you SHOULD'VE won those games, you didn't and it reflects poorly on you.

Indo
10-15-2009, 01:13 PM
The only Ranking that matters is the number of trophies in the glass case in the Front Office.

All of these other rankings are so that these sportswriters can collect a paycheck--they gotta seem like they actually do something for a living

Nadroj 20
10-15-2009, 01:53 PM

:toofunny::rofl::rofl::toofunny: ummm i really think he was kidding dude!

Christian Snyder
10-15-2009, 01:56 PM

Who gives a rat's ass where the Steelers are ranked? Checkmarks in the W column is all that really matters in the grand scheme of things. :banging: :banging: :banging: Ditto.:tt::tt04::tt02:

JeromeBusBettis93
10-15-2009, 08:37 PM
............. please tell me you're combating his sarcasm with more sarcasm.

Yes I was also being sarcastic. More facetious....

:toofunny::rofl::rofl::toofunny: ummm i really think he was kidding dude!

Yeah i know. lol..

Anyways, I just wanted to make him look like a dillhole....

but back to the rankings ;) wouldn't want to hijack my own thread.

TheWarDen86
10-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Dammit!! I so wanted the steelers in the BCS championship this year

there's always next year I guess....

It wasn't my idea, but someone suggested we get Kuhn to fill in at D-End for A. Smith. Personally, and I think you'll agree, that's the only way we make a return trip to the Super Bowl this year. :drink: :thumbsup:

:chuckle:

Nadroj 20
10-15-2009, 09:57 PM
I do not like paying attention to power rankings they always end up ticking me off.

All i know is what my opinion is and right now i think the best AFC team is the Colts and the best NFC team is the Saints/Giants (cant pick one lol)

JeromeBusBettis93
10-16-2009, 01:01 AM
I do not like paying attention to power rankings they always end up ticking me off.

All i know is what my opinion is and right now i think the best AFC team is the Colts and the best NFC team is the Saints/Giants (cant pick one lol)

If you are so "the present only counts" why are we here polishing our trophies?

just don't get that part of the rant.

CPanther95
10-16-2009, 06:49 AM
Gee, another basement dweller comes up with a power ranking and we need to have a thread discussing it? But hey, this one isn't "simple averages" - it is weighted "based on number of experts that were involved in the rankings". WOW! that's much more accurate. You need a full grasp of 3rd grade math to develop such a complex algorithm.

Me thinks I smell a spammer.

markymarc
10-17-2009, 02:18 PM
The only power ranking that matters each year is the one at the end of the season!