PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh: My Second Home Lawrence Timmons Blog

mesaSteeler
10-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Pittsburgh: My Second Home
Lawrence Timmons
October 13, 2009
http://affiliate.kickapps.com/_Pittsburgh-My-Second-Home/BLOG/1090230/62428.html?widgetId=18061

I love Pittsburgh. We have some very loyal fans. When we were in Detroit, it was like a home game. A home away from home. In the stands you could see more yellow towels than anything.

When Detroit got a call on the field, you heard more booing from Steelers fans than celebration from Detroit fans. Thatís when you know youíre part of something special.

Even the cops are nice to us. I love my neighbors, they always invite us over for dinner. They love my child and they have really embraced us. Itís like having a second family.

I love the Penguins, too, I always go to the hockey games. The Pirates got better this year, itís only a matter of time before theyíre back in the playoffs Ė I hope. I really miss the open part of the stadium in left field, itís a great place to watch a game.

This week weíve got Cleveland and itís a big game. We have a lot of fans in Ohio, so this game means a lot to them. We donít want fans celebrating in the Dawg Pound when we play there. Also, itís a conference game, and itís very important that we win conference games to get in better position for the playoffs. You have to dominate in your conference before anything else, so itís very, very important and the coaches and players take it very seriously. Every game is important, though.

I was fortunate enough to get a big sack against Detroit when they were trying to come back at the end. Coach LeBeau did a great job of calling the defense. I left a couple plays out there over the course of the game, but I think we all came together at the end.

Lawrence Timmons is a linebacker with the Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers. His blog for www.playerpress.com runs at www.timmons94.com. Follow him on Twitter @lawrencetimmons

Spinlcrack
10-13-2009, 11:40 PM
That's fantastic!

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

sharkweek
10-14-2009, 12:05 AM
he's definitely not very articulate, but I can't exactly fault him for it. At least the spelling and grammar is there.

solardave
10-14-2009, 07:23 AM
I think he's one of these guys that's just quiet. We have a few on this roster that let their play do their talking . Troy, Rashard,Timmons,Aaron Smith,etc.

stlrtruck
10-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Seems Timmons understands THE NATION!

Can't wait for his ankle to be 100% healed to see the beast the lies within.

Dino 6 Rings
10-14-2009, 11:29 AM
He's doing a really good job of talking me into buying his Jersey...that's for sure!

revefsreleets
10-14-2009, 12:54 PM
I wonder what he thinks about the (one man) speculation that he should be traded NOW before he's too expensive to keep....even though he's actually a bust?

Dino 6 Rings
10-14-2009, 04:38 PM
LOL Revs!

I like that he knows how important winning AFC North Games first really is to the big picture. This game against the Browns is huge. Especially with the Bengals playing the Texans this week and the potential for the Ravens to drop their 3rd in a row to the Vikings.

Bengals looking at 5-1 while we could be 4-2 and the Ravens at 3-3. That changes the landscape of the AFC North from 3 weeks ago nicely.

Pretty sure I predicted the Bengals as the team we fight for the AFC North against...yep, pretty sure I saw this "Up" year for them.