View Full Version : Polamalu, Parker all set to hit practice field

mesaSteeler
10-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Polamalu, Parker all set to hit practice field
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_647853.html#
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Strong safety Troy Polamalu and running back Willie Parker are scheduled to practice today. Both are on track to play Sunday barring any setbacks this week. Polamalu has missed the past four games because of a sprained knee, and turf toe has sidelined Parker for the past two Steelers' games.

"It will be interesting to see how they respond Thursday after having a day's work," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said.

Among the Steelers players who will be limited in practice today because of injuries are right guard Trai Essex (ankle), defensive end Travis Kirschke (back) and linebacker Andre Frazier (thigh).

Tomlin said it is too early to tell how the Steelers will use Rashard Mendenhall and Parker if the latter is able to play against the Browns. Mendenhall has emerged in Parker's absence, rushing for 242 yards and three touchdowns in the Steelers' past two games.

"I think the most important thing in that discussion right now is Willie's availability and the level of his availability," Tomlin said.

Tomlin said he hasn't decided whether Limas Sweed or Shaun McDonald will serve as the Steelers' No. 4 wide receiver against the Browns.

"It's really going to be week-to-week as we proceed with those two from here on out," Tomlin said.

The two, who have just one catch between them this season, have alternated as the fourth wideout in the Steelers' past two games. Sweed, Tomlin, said is a more valuable special teams player.

"But we also acknowledge that Shaun McDonald's a guy that's capable of separating at break points, getting open, and moving chains," Tomlin said.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

sharkweek
10-13-2009, 11:29 PM
I really wish Sweed could get over the hump, he has such potential. Ward, Holmes, Wallace, Miller, and Sweed at his best would be a truly killer combo. Mendy has also shown good hands and of course we know we can rely on MeMo.

Galax Steeler
10-14-2009, 03:53 AM
It is nice to hear that Troy is practicing again. It is funny how we get him back and turn around and loose Smith. It just seems like we can't get everyone back a 100%.

JPPT1974
10-14-2009, 03:54 AM
Glad to see Troy is about back! Hope he can stay back!

Steelers & I
10-14-2009, 04:02 AM
I really wish Sweed could get over the hump, he has such potential. Ward, Holmes, Wallace, Miller, and Sweed at his best would be a truly killer combo. Mendy has also shown good hands and of course we know we can rely on MeMo.

I never really thought about it but seeing it in print, WOW! The Steelers have a TON of weapons to throw to. They'll have to pass the ball 50 times a game in order to keep all of those guys satisfied.