PDA

View Full Version : Capt Lou Albano has passed away

KeiselPower99
10-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Legendary pro wrestling manager Captain Lou Albano died at age 76 this morning. According to the Miami Herald, his family says that he was at home under hospice care before his death.

Wrestler's Rescue is taking up donations to help Cpt. Lou's family pay for medical expenses related to an illness that led to his death. Read more.

Captain Lou recently released his autobiography with a foreword by Cyndi Lauper, who used Cpt. Lou in her popular "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" music video that helped bring publicity to pro wrestling during the Rock 'n Wrestling era of the early 1980s as Vince McMahon took WWE national.

Thats old school. I thought that this could go into the remember thread since it had to do with the 80s.

RIP Capt Lou!!http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x310/The_Ultimate_Wrestling_Gallery/Managers/CaptainLouAlbano002.jpg

devilsdancefloor
10-14-2009, 11:34 AM
RIP capt!

Dino 6 Rings
10-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Oh man...this makes me sad

I loved Captain Lou!

RIP Captain!

stlrtruck
10-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Captain Lou. He was definitely a riot on the WWF (nka WWE). He had the greatest expressions.

RIP Capt!

MACH1
10-14-2009, 05:03 PM
He was still alive?

RIP

SteelCityKing
10-14-2009, 06:54 PM
i remember going as him for Halloween one year when i was, like, 5! haha!

i love the WWF (it will never be the WWE in my eyes) and i know it's all fake, but it's fun and it created a lot of icons in it's time. Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Andre the Giant was my all time favorite. Captain Lou was the man. may he rest in peace.