View Full Version : Steelers' Parker still on fence for Sunday

mesaSteeler
10-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Steelers' Parker still on fence for Sunday
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_648032.html#
By Mark Kaboly
Daily News Sports Editor
Thursday, October 15, 2009

Willie Parker is going to take a wait-and-see attitude on his availability Sunday against Cleveland when it comes to his banged-up toe.

The Steelers' speedy running back was back on the practice field Wednesday for the first time since suffering a turf toe injury more than two weeks ago, and he was sporting some new shoes.

Parker was wearing specially designed shoes by Nike to protect his injured toe.

"It definitely works," Parker said after practice.

Parker said the extra protection is not made of steel; rather, it is constructed of fiberglass. Parker originally had a steel plate inserted around the toes of his shoe when he first got injured during the Cincinnati game.

"It has your toe in it, so it won't move or bend," Parker said. "It is a pretty good shoe. I felt good with it on today."

Parker received the shoe weeks ago but didn't feel the need to use it until yesterday because he wasn't able to go full speed to test it.

"It is better than just a steel plate," Parker said. "It is better than straight steel because that would kind of aggravate that."

Parker said he will be wearing the specially constructed shoe on both feet.

Mark Kaboly can be reached at mkaboly@dailynewsemail.com or 412-664-9161.

steelreserve
10-15-2009, 03:33 AM
I'm just praying for my #39 voodoo doll to get here before the weekend. They said either Saturday or Monday, so I hope they're on time.

Galax Steeler
10-15-2009, 04:51 AM
I hope Mendenhall starts this weekend. Tomlin said he was going to got with the hot hand and that is Mendenhall. We need to keep playing him he will only get better.

Steelboy84
10-15-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm just praying for my #39 voodoo doll to get here before the weekend. They said either Saturday or Monday, so I hope they're on time.

lol