PDA

View Full Version : Interracial couple denied marriage license in Louisiana

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 07:56 AM
By MARY FOSTER, Associated Press Writer Mary Foster, Associated Press Writer – Fri Oct 16, 4:50 am ET

NEW ORLEANS – A white Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have.

Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

Bardwell said he asks everyone who calls about marriage if they are a mixed race couple. If they are, he does not marry them, he said.

Bardwell said he has discussed the topic with blacks and whites, along with witnessing some interracial marriages. He came to the conclusion that most of black society does not readily accept offspring of such relationships, and neither does white society, he said.

"There is a problem with both groups accepting a child from such a marriage," Bardwell said. "I think those children suffer and I won't help put them through it."

If he did an interracial marriage for one couple, he must do the same for all, he said.

"I try to treat everyone equally," he said.

Bardwell estimates that he has refused to marry about four couples during his career, all in the past 2 1/2 years.

Beth Humphrey, 30, and 32-year-old Terence McKay, both of Hammond, say they will consult the U.S. Justice Department about filing a discrimination complaint.

Humphrey, an account manager for a marketing firm, said she and McKay, a welder, just returned to Louisiana. She is white and he is black. She plans to enroll in the University of New Orleans to pursue a masters degree in minority politics.

"That was one thing that made this so unbelievable," she said. "It's not something you expect in this day and age."

Humphrey said she called Bardwell on Oct. 6 to inquire about getting a marriage license signed. She says Bardwell's wife told her that Bardwell will not sign marriage licenses for interracial couples. Bardwell suggested the couple go to another justice of the peace in the parish who agreed to marry them.

"We are looking forward to having children," Humphrey said. "And all our friends and co-workers have been very supportive. Except for this, we're typical happy newlyweds."

"It is really astonishing and disappointing to see this come up in 2009," said American Civil Liberties Union of Louisiana attorney Katie Schwartzmann. She said the Supreme Court ruled in 1967 "that the government cannot tell people who they can and cannot marry."

The ACLU sent a letter to the Louisiana Judiciary Committee, which oversees the state justices of the peace, asking them to investigate Bardwell and recommending "the most severe sanctions available, because such blatant bigotry poses a substantial threat of serious harm to the administration of justice."

"He knew he was breaking the law, but continued to do it," Schwartzmann said.

According to the clerk of court's office, application for a marriage license must be made three days before the ceremony because there is a 72-hour waiting period. The applicants are asked if they have previously been married. If so, they must show how the marriage ended, such as divorce.

Other than that, all they need is a birth certificate and Social Security card.

The license fee is $35, and the license must be signed by a Louisiana minister, justice of the peace or judge. The original is returned to the clerk's office.

"I've been a justice of the peace for 34 years and I don't think I've mistreated anybody," Bardwell said. "I've made some mistakes, but you have too. I didn't tell this couple they couldn't get married. I just told them I wouldn't do it."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091016/ap_on_re_us/us_interracial_rebuff

$100 says this justice of the peace dude is a Republican. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

43Hitman
10-16-2009, 08:08 AM
By MARY FOSTER, Associated Press Writer Mary Foster, Associated Press Writer – Fri Oct 16, 4:50 am ET

NEW ORLEANS – A white Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have.

Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

Bardwell said he asks everyone who calls about marriage if they are a mixed race couple. If they are, he does not marry them, he said.

Bardwell said he has discussed the topic with blacks and whites, along with witnessing some interracial marriages. He came to the conclusion that most of black society does not readily accept offspring of such relationships, and neither does white society, he said.

"There is a problem with both groups accepting a child from such a marriage," Bardwell said. "I think those children suffer and I won't help put them through it."

If he did an interracial marriage for one couple, he must do the same for all, he said.

"I try to treat everyone equally," he said.

Bardwell estimates that he has refused to marry about four couples during his career, all in the past 2 1/2 years.

Beth Humphrey, 30, and 32-year-old Terence McKay, both of Hammond, say they will consult the U.S. Justice Department about filing a discrimination complaint.

Humphrey, an account manager for a marketing firm, said she and McKay, a welder, just returned to Louisiana. She is white and he is black. She plans to enroll in the University of New Orleans to pursue a masters degree in minority politics.

"That was one thing that made this so unbelievable," she said. "It's not something you expect in this day and age."

Humphrey said she called Bardwell on Oct. 6 to inquire about getting a marriage license signed. She says Bardwell's wife told her that Bardwell will not sign marriage licenses for interracial couples. Bardwell suggested the couple go to another justice of the peace in the parish who agreed to marry them.

"We are looking forward to having children," Humphrey said. "And all our friends and co-workers have been very supportive. Except for this, we're typical happy newlyweds."

"It is really astonishing and disappointing to see this come up in 2009," said American Civil Liberties Union of Louisiana attorney Katie Schwartzmann. She said the Supreme Court ruled in 1967 "that the government cannot tell people who they can and cannot marry."

The ACLU sent a letter to the Louisiana Judiciary Committee, which oversees the state justices of the peace, asking them to investigate Bardwell and recommending "the most severe sanctions available, because such blatant bigotry poses a substantial threat of serious harm to the administration of justice."

"He knew he was breaking the law, but continued to do it," Schwartzmann said.

According to the clerk of court's office, application for a marriage license must be made three days before the ceremony because there is a 72-hour waiting period. The applicants are asked if they have previously been married. If so, they must show how the marriage ended, such as divorce.

Other than that, all they need is a birth certificate and Social Security card.

The license fee is $35, and the license must be signed by a Louisiana minister, justice of the peace or judge. The original is returned to the clerk's office.

"I've been a justice of the peace for 34 years and I don't think I've mistreated anybody," Bardwell said. "I've made some mistakes, but you have too. I didn't tell this couple they couldn't get married. I just told them I wouldn't do it."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091016/ap_on_re_us/us_interracial_rebuff

$100 says this justice of the peace dude is a Republican. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dude needs to get a grip. As for the bolded part, why does everyone gotta try and spin race shit on the GOP? Racism- America's New Witch Hunt

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 08:14 AM
"As for the bolded part, why does everyone gotta try and spin race shit on the GOP? Racism- America's New Witch Hunt"

Because this is the same party that said they didn't need the "black vote" to win elections. Then Ken Mehlman had to apologize to the NAACP for putting their foot in their mouths. So when blacks keep on voting Democrat, don't start b*tching about it ya hear? lol

43Hitman
10-16-2009, 08:18 AM
"As for the bolded part, why does everyone gotta try and spin race shit on the GOP? Racism- America's New Witch Hunt"

Because this is the same party that said they didn't need the "black vote" to win elections. Then Ken Mehlman had to apologize to the NAACP for putting their foot in their mouths. So when blacks keep on voting Democrat, don't start b*tching about it ya hear?lol

What? Where was I bitching about black people voting Democrat? I asked a legitimate question and you answer with some sort of back-handed accusation that somehow I am racist. I guess you proved my point.

Racism- America's New Witch Hunt.

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 08:23 AM
"What? Where was I bitching about black people voting Democrat? I asked a legitimate question and you answer with some sort of back-handed accusation that somehow I am racist. I guess you proved my point."

No, not you personally. I mean your political party.

KeiselPower99
10-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Ring Ring. Hello? What is that? Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are on the way to fix this?

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Ring Ring. Hello? What is that? Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are on the way to fix this?

lol

Then the GOP wonders why they have a 30% approval rating.

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt02: :tt03: :tt03: :tt02:

Dino 6 Rings
10-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Stories like this make me sick.

At first I thought maybe the guy was denying a marriage liscense because one of the people was a Capulet and the other a Montegue....seriously...WTF...

revefsreleets
10-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Ready for this one? The guy was a lifelong Democrat who SWITCHED PARTIES in 2008 to the GOP.

So, unless you believe that he wasn't a racist until he joined the GOP LAST YEAR, it was a pretty stupid generalization to say he must be a Republican.

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Ready for this one? The guy was a lifelong Democrat who SWITCHED PARTIES in 2008 to the GOP.

So, unless you believe that he wasn't a racist until he joined the GOP LAST YEAR, it was a pretty stupid generalization to say he must be a Republican.

" it was a pretty stupid generalization to say he must be a Republican."

He joined the GOP last year, which makes him a Republican. Thanks for proving my point. Owned. Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 09:00 AM
It was pretty stupid to say he joined the GOP last year then act like he's not Republican.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dino 6 Rings
10-16-2009, 09:13 AM
this should be a thread about general ignorance and someone trying out think the room and doing the wrong thing...not another bash political parties thread...just saying...Dem or Rep, doesn't matter, this type of ignorance should be called out. Which, it has been.

revefsreleets
10-16-2009, 09:13 AM
t was pretty stupid to say he joined the GOP last year then act like he's not Republican.

That doesn't even make any sense...

What cracks me up is when people make broad sweeping generalizations whilst trying to emphasize they are against broad sweeping generalizations...(and there's a difference when they are serious from others who are being sarcastic)...

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 09:16 AM

But he is a Republican. You just stated that. He joined the GOP last year. That makes him a Republican in this country.

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Its real sad how some people in this country still think, in the case of that "justice of the peace".

Godfather
10-16-2009, 09:35 AM

He probably switched because Obama got the nomination :sofunny:

I don't think this necessarily reflects on the GOP as a whole, but this idiot does feel more comfortable in the GOP and he doesn't have a policy role.

He needs to be removed from office. It's not his place to say no to a couple who meets the state's standards for marriage.

revefsreleets
10-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Woah! The guy WAS a Democrat for his entire career prior...are you actually attemnpting to do the mental gymnastics necessary to suggest that his racism just started LAST YEAR?

The guy is a racist. He was a racist when he spent his entire career up until 2008 as a Democrat, and he's a racist now that he's a Republican.

The POINT is Democrats have more have their fair share of racists...and it's ridiculous to take this thread and politicize it based on ignorance and prejudice...

Vincent
10-16-2009, 09:41 AM
$100 says this justice of the peace dude is a Republican.

If you had any knowledge of our history, you would know that the history of the donkey party betrays them to be the racists that they are. http://gopcapitalist.tripod.com/democratrecord.html The elephants have championed civil rights since their inception. http://ccrgop.com/CivilRights.htm

As an independent, I don't carry water for either party. But your statement was so spectacularly ignorant, I just had to respond.

cubanstogie
10-16-2009, 09:53 AM
If you had any knowledge of our history, you would know that the history of the donkey party betrays them to be the racists that they are. http://gopcapitalist.tripod.com/democratrecord.html The elephants have championed civil rights since their inception. http://ccrgop.com/CivilRights.htm

As an independent, I don't carry water for either party. But your statement was so spectacularly ignorant, I just had to respond.

I have a feeling just about every statement he makes is ignorant, just a gut feeling and I've only seen 2 of his posts.

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 09:54 AM

You say "our" history, then go on to claim to be an Independent. lol

Now that's what I call ignorance. Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 09:55 AM
I have a feeling just about every statement he makes is ignorant, just a gut feeling and I've only seen 2 of his posts.

:yawn:

revefsreleets
10-16-2009, 10:00 AM

Errrr....ummmmm....I think he meant "our" in the sense of "our Country".

Unless you also believe that being an Independent means he's not actually US Citizen?

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 10:03 AM
I find it interesting that some are ignoring the story itself and are only stuck on the "he is probably a Republican" part.

Almost as if you agree with the man. Wow.

cubanstogie
10-16-2009, 10:14 AM
The story is not a big deal to me. Ignorant people are everywhere. I listen and read crap like this everyday and shake my head. The problem is accountability, this guy should be fired, so should many judges who let pedophiles out of prison early or give them soft sentences for committing crimes and repeating there actions. Remember when Gavin Newsome married gays in San Francisco when he knew it was against the law. He was never held accountable either. This guy should be removed from his position, the republican comment just made you look like an ignorant teenager trying to get a petty slam in. Problem is there was no substance behind it. The guy was a Democrat longer than he has been a Republican so you point has no validity. Thats all people were pointing out.

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 10:16 AM
The story is not a big deal to me. Ignorant people are everywhere. I listen and read crap like this everyday and shake my head. The problem is accountability, this guy should be fired, so should many judges who let pedophiles out of prison early or give them soft sentences for committing crimes and repeating there actions. Remember when Gavin Newsome married gays in San Francisco when he knew it was against the law. He was never held accountable either. This guy should be removed from his position, the republican comment just made you look like an ignorant teenager trying to get a petty slam in. Problem is there was no substance behind it. The guy was a Democrat longer than he has been a Republican so you point has no validity. Thats all people were pointing out.

Yet had I said he must have been a Democrat, you would have no complaints. I wonder what you would have said in that instance. Probably nothing.

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 10:18 AM
And I didn't have to get a "slam" in.

America slammed you last November. :-)

43Hitman
10-16-2009, 10:18 AM
I find it interesting that some are ignoring the story itself and are only stuck on the "he is probably a Republican" part.

Don't be ignorant.:doh: To a person, every one of us has condemned the man's actions. Called him a bigot. Then called you out for being ignorant. And we are right.

cubanstogie
10-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Yet had I said he must have been a Democrat, you would have no complaints. I wonder what you would have said in that instance. Probably nothing.

I actually never commented on your one liner. You seemed miffed as to why people claimed your statement as ignorant, so I filled you in from an older and wiser perspective. It appears you are trying to create controversy, but no one agrees with the Justice of the Peace, if you left your comment out of it we wouldn't have this ongoing petty debate.

MACH1
10-16-2009, 10:22 AM
It was pretty stupid to say he joined the GOP last year then act like he's not Republican.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah....He just turned racist last year. :doh: How dumb can you get.
Noob needs to grow up!

As far as the article, the guy is an ignorant ass.

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Don't be ignorant.:doh: To a person, every one of us has condemned the man's actions. Called him a bigot. Then called you out for being ignorant. And we are right.

And once again, had I called the man a Democrat, you would have had no problem with it.

The man is a Republican. For 40 years, for one year, whatever. He's still a Republican. End of story. Did I say all Republicans were like him? No.

I said HE was a Republican.

And he is. A previous user just proved my point on that. And I was right.

Shoes
10-16-2009, 10:24 AM

Vincent, its time for the kids diaper change :chuckle:

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Yeah....He just turned racist last year. :doh: How dumb can you get.
Noob needs to grow up!

As far as the article, the guy is an ignorant ass.

Wow, I offended you more than the man in this story did. Just wow.

MACH1
10-16-2009, 10:27 AM
And once again, had I called the man a Democrat, you would have had no problem with it.

The man is a Republican. For 40 years, for one year, whatever. He's still a Republican. End of story. Did I say all Republicans were like him? No.

I said HE was a Republican.

And he is. A previous user just proved my point on that. And I was right.

Spin it. :busted:

You generalized all repubs as being racists.

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Vincent, its time for the kids diaper change :chuckle:

From that statement, "someone" must be an old man who's gonna need diapers soon.

:-)

43Hitman
10-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Weather he is a Republican or a Democrat has no relevance to the story or the fact that he is a bigot. The fact that you threw that comment at the end shows you wanted to spin it politically. We are calling you ignorant for such a juvenile tactic. Nothing more nothing less. So I don't know what you think you are "right" about, because you have provided no evidence to prove your absurd correlation that somehow this guy being a Republican is related to bigotry.

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Spin it. :busted:

You generalized all repubs as being racists.

I made a bet that he was Republican.

Turns out he is, even if for one year.

Then people get offended by it.

lol But had I said he must have been a Democrat, NO ONE, NO ONE, NO ONE would have gotten offended! Not one bit! Amazing.................

Vincent
10-16-2009, 10:33 AM

How does "our history" and me being independent have any relationship? And if so, how is that "ignorant"?

Yeah, probably. The comment would then have been consistent with the story.

devilsdancefloor
10-16-2009, 10:34 AM

http://i35.tinypic.com/2w65ci1.jpg

in case you do not know, which i bet my pay check you dont. the man above is a raciest klansman and a democratic senator since 1958.

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 10:35 AM
How does "our history" and me being independent have any relationship? And if so, how is that "ignorant"?

Yeah, probably. The comment would then have been consistent with the story.

Ooooooooo, I see. It can be believable had I said he was a Democrat. Yet when I say he's a Republican, then people get offended. lol

You just proved my point. You're not angry that I made a political comment.

You're just mad that I directed it at a certain party.

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 10:37 AM

in case you do not know, which i bet my pay check you dont. the man above is a raciest klansman and a democratic senator since 1958.

You mean Robert Byrd? lol

Last time I checked, he wasn't a justice of the peace denying an interracial couple a marriage license.

MACH1
10-16-2009, 10:37 AM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w11/bcrab/dogbert.gif

I'm offended by your ignorance.:poop:

By the way I'm an independent. :noidea:

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 10:40 AM

I'd like that paycheck now. :-)

Nah I'm just playing. You earned it, not me.

KeiselPower99
10-16-2009, 11:29 AM

Aint nothing like seeing his wrinkled up ass. Dont yall know his racist sins were forgiven when he pledged support for Obama.

Indo
10-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Steelboy84

Are you suggesting that all, or even most, Republicans are Racist?

Are you even aware that Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Republican?

Are you aware that most black americans were Republicans?

are you suggesting that they ALL are/were Racists?

Do you realize that it is the Democratic Party that has perpetuated Racism--that formed the KKK, that fought against the civil liberties laws?

You better educate yourself a little before you show up here with stupid drivel like "...he must be a Republican" and "You wouldn't have said anything if he was a Democrat" bullsh*t when you don't have an effing clue about what your talking about, and then claiming you owned something/somebody.

Read this

http://righttruth.typepad.com/right_truth/2007/11/why-martin-luth.html

then come back and apologize

Vincent
10-16-2009, 11:51 AM
If memory serves, it was the racist Reagan that made MLK’s birthday a national holiday.

I'm always tickled when donkeys call black elephants "lawn jockeys". http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=26413

Dino 6 Rings
10-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Fine

Here is an example of Democrat Racism that is deep in the party.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt: Franklin Roosevelt, the long time hero and standard bearer of the Democrat Party, headed up and implemented one of the most horrible racist policies of the 20th Century – the Japanese Internment Camps during World War II. Roosevelt unilaterally and knowingly enacted Japanese Internment through the use of presidential Executive Orders 9066 and 9102 during the early years of the war. These orders single-handedly led to the imprisonment of an estimated 120,000 law abiding Americans of Japanese ancestry, the overwhelming majority of them natural born second and third generation American citizens. Countless innocents lost their property, fortunes, and, in the case of an unfortunate few, even their lives as a result of Roosevelt's internment camps, camps that have been accurately described as America's concentration camps. Perhaps most telling about the racist nature of Roosevelt's order was his clearly expressed intention to apply it almost entirely to Japanese Americans, even though America was also at war with Germany and Italy. In 1943, Roosevelt wrote regarding concerns of German and Italian Americans that they t0o would share in the fate of the interned Japanese Americans, noting that "no collective evacuation of German and Italian aliens is contemplated at this time." Despite this assertion, Roosevelt did exhibit his personal fears about Italian and German Americans, and in his typical racist form he used an ethnic stereotype to make his point. Expressing about his position on German and Italian Americans during World War II, Roosevelt stated “I don’t care so much about the Italians, they are a lot of opera singers, but the Germans are different. They may be dangerous.”

Roosevelt also appointed two notorious segregationists to the United States Supreme Court. Roosevelt appointed South Carolina segregationist Democrat Jimmy Byrnes to the court. Roosevelt later made Byrnes a top advisor, where the segregationist earned the nickname “assistant president.” Byrnes was Roosevelt’s second choice behind Harry Truman for the VP nod in his 1944 reelection bid. Roosevelt also appointed segregationist Democrat Senator Hugo Black of Alabama to the court. Black was a former member of the Ku Klux Klan with a notorious record of racism himself.

http://gopcapitalist.tripod.com/democratrecord.html

Indo
10-16-2009, 12:13 PM
If memory serves, it was the racist Reagan that made MLK’s birthday a national holiday.

I'm always tickled when donkeys call black elephants "lawn jockeys". http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=26413

This guy (Michael Steele) --from the article--sounds like he has his head screwed on right!

BTW, the Racist douche (whatever his political affiliation) who won't marry the Interracial couple needs to be removed from office

Dino 6 Rings
10-16-2009, 12:13 PM
The True History of the Democratic Racist Party

"Black History Month" has been observed for 29 years, yet many blacks know little to nothing about the parties' respective roles in advancing or hindering the civil rights of blacks. How many blacks know that following the Civil War, 23 blacks -- 13 of them ex-slaves -- were elected to Congress, all as Republicans? The first black Democrat was not elected to Congress until 1935, from the state of Illinois. The first black congressional Democrat from a Southern state was not elected until 1973.

Democrats, in 1854, passed the Kansas-Nebraska Act. This overturned the Missouri Compromise and allowed for the importation of slaves into the territories. Disgusted with the passage of this Act, free-soilers and anti-slavery members of the Whig and Democratic parties founded the Republican Party -- not just to stop the spread of slavery, but to eventually abolish it.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1523692/posts

Dino 6 Rings
10-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Now...if you google Democrat Party and Racism you'll clearly see that Racism is not a PARTY thing.

Its about Ignorance and backward thinking. And also about superiority complexes. It has nothing to do with what party you belong to or what party you vote with.

MasterOfPuppets
10-16-2009, 12:29 PM
way to ruin another thread guys ..... :thumbsup:

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Steelboy84

Are you suggesting that all, or even most, Republicans are Racist?

Are you even aware that Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Republican?

Are you aware that most black americans were Republicans?

are you suggesting that they ALL are/were Racists?

Do you realize that it is the Democratic Party that has perpetuated Racism--that formed the KKK, that fought against the civil liberties laws?

You better educate yourself a little before you show up here with stupid drivel like "...he must be a Republican" and "You wouldn't have said anything if he was a Democrat" bullsh*t when you don't have an effing clue about what your talking about, and then claiming you owned something/somebody.

Read this

http://righttruth.typepad.com/right_truth/2007/11/why-martin-luth.html

then come back and apologize

MLK supported both JFK and LBJ.

Most blacks WERE Republicans. WERE is the key word. Now I wonder why..........

Civil rights passed under a Democratic President, LBJ.

Seems you don't know what the hell you're talking about. I think you need the education. I have one. :-)

Indo
10-16-2009, 12:45 PM
*SIGH*

(I give up)

ARKIESTEEL
10-16-2009, 12:50 PM
You know calling this guy out for not letting them folks get married is the big PC thing to do. I dont agree with what this guy did or for that matter what he has done in the past. I will say this and more than likely get flamed for it, AT LEAST HE STOOD UP FOR SOMETHING HE THOUGHT WAS RIGHT, instead of just going with the flow of whatever the whole damn world says is right or wrong. If this guy didnt let a "white trash guy" marry a "come from a good family girl" that was also white no one would said shit, but throw in the whole black white thing and then you make head lines.

Now that the media has told us to be upset we all follow along like the good sheep we are and get mad about it too. Which in itself keeps the whole racist thing alive and well. This is not a dem or a repub fight this is just some dude doing what he thought was best. Was it the right call more than likely not I for one dont know the couple.

Oh well its browns week and that judge cant screw that up too.........................:hatsoff:

Vincent
10-16-2009, 12:52 PM
BTW, the Racist douche (whatever his political affiliation) who won't marry the Interracial couple needs to be removed from office

Lighten the @#$% up Indo. He let's "them" use his bathroom. :chuckle:

I think you need the education. I have one. :-)

You've been inculcated. There's a difference.

Most blacks WERE Republicans. WERE is the key word. Now I wonder why......

Because LBJ "created" the "great society". And "black" America has been systematically destroyed ever since.

Why a black person would vote for a donkey is beyond me.

Vincent
10-16-2009, 01:47 PM
This calling people "racist" is getting beyond ridiculous.

In my town a judge reduced the bail of a detained individual from $150K to $15K, and he's out on a $1,500 bond. He was in for home invasion. He and several of his associates crashed into an elderly couple's home, tied them up with duct tape, piston whipped them, ransacked their house and bolted. He was arrested in possession of a .38 he had taken from the home.

The individual in question was already out on bail for a carjacking, and had numerous previous felony convictions. A stellar gangsta career by any measure, but particularly spectacular being that the young man is in his late teens.

So, the townfolk catch wind of this and start calling the judge to protest. The poobah of the courts responds angrily for wasting "the court's time", and of course, calls the callers "racists". The judge in question is black.

And anyway, following the "modern" labeling system, shouldn't those we call "racist" really be called "blackophobes"? I mean this whole hate thing is really just white folks scared of blacks, right?

Steelboy84
10-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Lighten the @#$% up Indo. He let's "them" use his bathroom. :chuckle:

You've been inculcated. There's a difference.

Because LBJ "created" the "great society". And "black" America has been systematically destroyed ever since.

Why a black person would vote for a donkey is beyond me.

And they should vote for an elephant because...............................?

revefsreleets
10-16-2009, 02:32 PM
The Republican Party is about pulling yourself up by your bootstraps...it's about privately giving aid through charity....it's about a strong union through states rights....it's about strong national defense...it's about responsibly managing the environment with business interests...it's the party of fiscal responsibility...it is NOT a party built on overtaxing the productive in order to reward the lazy and slothful. It is NOT an all-white exclusive party but it does ask that you carry your own weight. Most of all, it's the party of common sense...

Does every single Republican demonstrate every single one of those traits? Definitely not, but that IS what the spirit of the party is about...

There's a start for ya....

ARKIESTEEL
10-16-2009, 02:35 PM
I vote for elephants cause Dumbo was one hell of a film :applaudit:

Vincent
10-16-2009, 02:41 PM
And they should vote for an elephant because...............................?

Cuz they paint good. :chuckle:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/He7Ge7Sogrk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/He7Ge7Sogrk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Blacks voting for donkeys is kinda like Jews that buy Bimmers and Mercs. I don't "get" either.

To answer your question, the elephants have a long history of championing civil rights - for everybody. You didn't read any of the articles behind any of the links sent to you, did you? They reflect history. Elephant history speaks for itself on this issue.

As does donkey history. The racism of the donkeys has manifested itself in many ways throughout their ugly history, every which way from their self described "terror wing" of the party (the KKK) to modern liberalism. Liberalism has destroyed the black family. Planned Parenthood was by design a means to euthanize the black population in America.

Why don't you splain to us all why blacks shouldn't vote for elephants and why they should vote for donkeys. But please do so in real terms, not donkey talking points.:chuckle:

Vincent
10-16-2009, 02:43 PM
The Republican Party is about pulling yourself up by your bootstraps...it's about privately giving aid through charity....it's about a strong union through states rights....it's about strong national defense...it's about responsibly managing the environment with business interests...it's the party of fiscal responsibility...it is NOT a party built on overtaxing the productive in order to reward the lazy and slothful. It is NOT an all-white exclusive party but it does ask that you carry your own weight. Most of all, it's the party of common sense...

Somebody needs to go to the reeducation camp. What hate speech!! :rofl:

Preacher
10-16-2009, 03:04 PM

For being on this board a whopping 3 months or less, you sure are an arrogant guy aren't you.

This discussion has been beat to death and NO ONE here agrees with the thread. May I suggest you do a little reading of previous threads.

What everyone takes umbrage to, is your bigotry towards conservatives.

Preacher
10-16-2009, 03:05 PM
I vote for elephants cause Dumbo was one hell of a film :applaudit:

:buttkick:

:chuckle:

X-Terminator
10-16-2009, 03:08 PM
*sighs* Here we go again...

Steelboy, if you really believe that racism in this day and age is only exclusive to Republicans, then I'd suggest you re-think that "education" you allegedly have. Because you really don't have a clue as to what you're talking about and are only trying to piss people off.

Noobs...sheesh...

Indo
10-16-2009, 03:08 PM
OK. I'm back in. Briefly

Here's another place you might start to educate yourself

The National Black Republican Association

http://www.nationalblackrepublicans.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.main&x=6286054

Be sure to skip down towards the bottom of the page and read about how the Black Panthers threatened people violently in 2008 and how Obama stopped the investigation into this illegal activity. Who are the racists?

The NBRA "gets" it

Preacher
10-16-2009, 03:31 PM

Steelboy, if you really believe that racism in this day and age is only exclusive to Republicans, then I'd suggest you re-think that "education" you allegedly have. Because you really don't have a clue as to what you're talking about and are only trying to piss people off.

Noobs...sheesh...

:wink02: No no no... You're the racist... cause you sound like a republican, so you MUST hate black people right?

You white, rich, trusf-fund child republican!!!

Shoes
10-16-2009, 03:33 PM
I think you need the education. I have one. :-)

Yup, You Graduated from Kindergarden....and probably on someone's nickle!

revefsreleets
10-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Somebody needs to go to the reeducation camp. What hate speech!! :rofl:

That reminds me (and this is very germane to your thread about crappy pork "riders" on the essential troop spending bill.

The Dems stuck a POS "hate crime against gays" rider on the War appropriations bill....so, in order to fund the troops, the Dems were trying to hoodwink the GOP into voting for a stupid useless and unnecessary measure...

I HATE "hate crime" legislation...it's redundant.

Dino 6 Rings
10-16-2009, 04:32 PM
So anyway...they should be allowed to be married and the guy saying he won't do it should be fired or lose his position since he is in direct violation of the anit-discrimination laws.

oh...AND THE BROWNS SUCK!

AllD
10-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Personally I am against marriage in general.

hindes204
10-16-2009, 07:02 PM
first things first....the JOP is a racist and should lose his position....i am involed in an inter-racial marriage...my wife is japanese/white......now, i wonder if he would of refused to marry us, or if it is just a black-white thing.....either way, he should be fired...............second thing........the unbelievably naive discussion by the noob isnt even worth arguing about, he clearly has no clue how the world actually works

Vincent
10-16-2009, 07:03 PM
.Why don't you splain to us all why blacks shouldn't vote for elephants and why they should vote for donkeys. But please do so in real terms, not donkey talking points.:chuckle:

C'mon Skippy. Man up.

HometownGal
10-17-2009, 09:01 AM
this should be a thread about general ignorance and someone trying out think the room and doing the wrong thing...not another bash political parties thread...just saying...Dem or Rep, doesn't matter, this type of ignorance should be called out. Which, it has been.

:applaudit::hatsoff::applaudit:

Thank you Dino. :drink:

If this thread doesn't turn around fast and in a hurry and get away from the never ending broken record around here, posts are going to start being deleted. In case you've forgotten people - this thread has NOTHING to do with the JOP's political affiliation and is about him being a racist douchebag who should be hung from his office chandelier like a pinata.

HometownGal
10-17-2009, 09:03 AM

Noobs...sheesh...

AMEN XT! :applaudit: :drink:

Racism has no color or political party affiliation. It isn't limited to just GOP'ers or caucasians.

GBMelBlount
10-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Wow. Just read this thread for the first time today.

What do I come away with after reading this thread?

Well, that It is arguable it was started by a race baiting, stereotypical, bigot.

The irony.......

And using the same "ballsack" logic, I guess I can assume all of his kind are. :chuckle:

silver & black
10-17-2009, 11:31 AM
You mean Robert Byrd? lol

Last time I checked, he wasn't a justice of the peace denying an interracial couple a marriage license.
So, Byrd's affilliation with the Clan is cool then?... gotcha.:rolleyes:

silver & black
10-17-2009, 11:36 AM
way to ruin another thread guys ..... :thumbsup:

Seems to me that the OP ruined it as soon as he hit "submit".

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Go Texas! Beat Oklahoma!

X-Terminator
10-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Steelboy, for the love of God, can you PLEASE confine all of your drivel to one freaking post? See that little "MQ" button on the bottom right of every post? It stands for "Multi-Quote," which means you can quote several different posts at once and reply to them individually. How about using that once in a while instead of making 5 posts in a row? It also makes it easier for me to just scroll right past it and treat it for the inane and clear partisan flame-baiting claptrap that it is.

Thank you.

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Steelboy, for the love of God, can you PLEASE confine all of your drivel to one freaking post? See that little "MQ" button on the bottom right of every post? It stands for "Multi-Quote," which means you can quote several different posts at once and reply to them individually. How about using that once in a while instead of making 5 posts in a row? It also makes it easier for me to just scroll right past it and treat it for the inane and clear partisan flame-baiting claptrap that it is.

Thank you.

You all get mad, simply because people don't agree with you. Wow. You know, you really don't have to reply to it if you don't want. You only made that statement to let out some irrelevant frustration. Kinda funny.

SteelCityMan786
10-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Denial of marriage hmmmmm. I guess this guy forgot that denying interracial couples a marriage license for that reason alone in unconstitutional.

Vincent
10-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Those donkey talking points owned your a** last year.

Nobody "owns" me in any way Skippy. Least of all the vacuous drivel that comes from donkeys.

You talk a lot of hollow bull@#$%. Be a man and tell us all why a black person should vote for a donkey and why he shouldn't vote for an elephant. Try really hard to make your own points. Use your own logic. Give us something indicative of your intellect and education. :coffee:

You all get mad, simply because people don't agree with you. Wow. You know, you really don't have to reply to it if you don't want. You only made that statement to let out some irrelevant frustration. Kinda funny.

Nobody is mad here. That infantile behavior is the hallmark of your team. Frustrated, yes, at the unbelievable ignorance and fatuity of your posts, and your insistence on driving your GOP = "racist" bull@#$% down the throats of people that have politely asked you to give it a rest.

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Remember now, Ken Mehlman apologized to the NAACP for quote "not trying hard enough to get the black vote".

Just last year, some in that party claimed they didn't need the black vote to win.

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 12:53 PM
If I didn't "need" the black vote to win, then I wouldn't complain when they vote for another party. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

SteelTalons
10-17-2009, 12:55 PM
This is bullshit, give them the license you jackass, its not like your not gonna get overruled in the end anyway.

GBMelBlount
10-17-2009, 01:00 PM
So who did you vote for in the last presidential election Steelboy?

It sure wasn't the man that conservatives elected, then threw under the bus. lol

Standing in the shadows and criticizing everyone......and then when the spotlight turns on them, they run like a scared little child.

:toofunny:

GBMelBlount
10-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Well for one thing, Democrats are more open to ALL people and include more people.

Lol. Your ignorance is starting to show..

GBMelBlount
10-17-2009, 01:04 PM
What's funny is you thinking that somehow when you wake up tomorrow that McCain is gonna be President. You do realize this is a message board. You seem angry.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm not angry at all, just laughing at how much of like an ignorant child you seem like, throwing stones & then running.

Steelboy84
Nobody "owns" me in any way Skippy. Least of all the vacuous drivel that comes from donkeys.

You talk a lot of hollow bull@#$%. Be a man and tell us all why a black person should vote for a donkey and why he shouldn't vote for an elephant. Try really hard to make your own points. Use your own logic. Give us something indicative of your intellect and education. :coffee:

Nobody is mad here. That infantile behavior is the hallmark of your team. Frustrated, yes, at the unbelievable ignorance and fatuity of your posts, and your insistence on driving your GOP = "racist" bull@#$% down the throats of people that have politely asked you to give it a rest.

All of this, because I said that man must be a Republican. Wow. You all are angrier at me than the person who actually denied them the license. Boy I sure hope I'm not this angry and frustrated when I get old. lol

Vincent
This is bullshit, give them the license you jackass, its not like your not gonna get overruled in the end anyway.

I'm certain everyone in the thread, and indeed most living on the planet agree with that statement.

We are on post #102 because the first post made a strong relationship between the GOP and "racism". Otherwise this might have gone 2 or 3 responses max.

All of this, because I said that man must be a Republican. Wow. You all are angrier at me than the person who actually denied them the license. Boy I sure hope I'm not this angry and frustrated when I get old. lol

You're not in a position to gauge anyone's anger in an anonymous forum. You infer because of your apparent ideology.

I'll ask again. Tell us all why a black person should vote for a donkey and why he shouldn't vote for an elephant. Here's a clue. You should vote for donkeys because... You shouldn't vote for elephants because... Go 'head. You can do this.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-17-2009, 01:21 PM

Wow...you are in a serious state of denial...try and follow along.

Keith Bardwells bigotry and ignorance transcends party lines and time lines. The fact that you try and pigion hole and make his actions representative of one party and one specific time is ignorant.

He was a Democrat from 1996 until 2008...and by his own admision he "bases his views on his own history of observing interracial marriages" Now pay attention..this is important. His whole life he was a racist and his whole life he was a Democrat until 2008. SO...his views on racism were formulated as a Democrat.

He was a racist before he was a Republican...(unless you want to argue that his experience as a justice of the peace between 1996-2008 doesn't count)...so his views were set when he was a Democrat:

Bardwell estimates that he has refused to marry about four couples during his career, all in the past 2 1/2 years....so.....If we go back 2 1/2 years, that puts us squarely into those long-forgotten days of when Bardwell was a Democrat.

So, did his party affiliation matter when he was a racist and a Democrat? Or does it only matter now that he's a Republican?

A racist for 12 years as a Democrat trumps a racist for 1 year as a Republican.

Your only argument is a rabbit trail of trying to ignore timelines and affiliations outside of the box you have built...fabricated from ignorance and immaturity.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-17-2009, 01:23 PM
More people will listen to you and your party once you kick the bigots out. There are people in your party that hate everything that's not American, Christian, straight, upper class, anything that divides, and there SOME, SOME, not all, SOME people in your party that panders to that.

Noone..and I mean NOONE plays the race card better than an ill-informed liberal.

Vincent
10-17-2009, 01:23 PM
You still don't get it.

Are you an adult? Seriously.

GBMelBlount
10-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Man: "Who did you vote for in the last presidential election"

Infant baby child boy: " pooh pooh squirt fart fart blah blah..."

(Doesn't answer simple question)

Owned.

:toofunny:

GBMelBlount
10-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Insulting me isn't going to change that or help your cause.

Start including more people in your party.

How am I insulting you? Your intelligence perhaps.

Another simple question Steelboy?

Why do you feel liberals are more inclusive than conservatives?

Vincent
10-17-2009, 01:45 PM
The word conservative actually means "status quo", or to keep what is or to keep tradition.

Boy, think of all the things that would have never happened in this country had we stuck to that principle.

No end to slavery.

Women wouldn't have the right to vote.

No passage of civil rights.

No anti-discrimination laws.

No Medicare for grandma. No safety net in her "golden" years.

You can never PROGRESS when things always stay the same.

A strictly conservative country is a very scary one, even if conservatives themselves don't realize it.

Elephants ended slavery. Donkeys have tried everything imaginable since to keep blacks enslaved.

"Republicans led the fight for women’s voting rights -- and the Democrats, as a party, opposed civil rights for women. All of the leading suffragists -- including Susan B. Anthony, Lucretia Mott, and Elizabeth Cady Stanton -- were Republicans. In fact, Susan B. Anthony bragged, after leaving the voting booth, that she had voted for “the Republican ticket -- straight.” " http://ccrgop.com/CivilRights.htm

The civil rights act of 1875 was Republican. The donkeys fought it tooth and nail until the 1964 act passed. A majority of donkeys voted against that as well. We wouldn't have had civil rights legislation without Dirksen leading the elephant minority to pass it.

Your team is trying to shove "health care" down our throats at the substantial expense of Medicare.

Here's the bottom line Skippy. You're either stupid as a box of rocks or colossally ignorant. Or both. Don't attempt to carry an argument about which you know nothing. Or better, study the history of subjects on which you opine. Show some self respect Son.

One reason the conservative message of lower taxes, less government intervention, less regulation can't get through is because every day people turn on the tv, and who do they see? Limbaugh, Hannity, Ingraham, all those people. They're the ones drowning out your message, yet you get angry at everyone else.

Limbaugh isn't on TV. Nor is Ingraham. Sometimes they are guests. C'mon Skippy. Yer puking on yourself now.

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Elephants ended slavery. Donkeys have tried everything imaginable since to keep blacks enslaved.

"Republicans led the fight for women’s voting rights -- and the Democrats, as a party, opposed civil rights for women. All of the leading suffragists -- including Susan B. Anthony, Lucretia Mott, and Elizabeth Cady Stanton -- were Republicans. In fact, Susan B. Anthony bragged, after leaving the voting booth, that she had voted for “the Republican ticket -- straight.” " http://ccrgop.com/CivilRights.htm

The civil rights act of 1875 was Republican. The donkeys fought it tooth and nail until the 1964 act passed. A majority of donkeys voted against that as well. We wouldn't have had civil rights legislation without Dirksen leading the elephant minority to pass it.

Your team is trying to shove "health care" down our throats at the substantial expense of Medicare.

Here's the bottom line Skippy. You're either stupid as a box of rocks or colossally ignorant. Or both. Don't attempt to carry an argument about which you know nothing. Or better, study the history of subjects on which you opine. Show some self respect Son.

Limbaugh isn't on TV. Nor is Ingraham. Sometimes they are guests. C'mon Skippy. Yer puking on yourself now.

"
Limbaugh isn't on TV. Nor is Ingraham. Sometimes they are guests".

Which means they are on tv. Not only on radio, but also tv. In person or being reported or debated on, still on tv.

Vincent
10-17-2009, 01:57 PM
This is a waste of time.

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:00 PM
This is a waste of time.

It would have been real easy on your part to look at this thread and simply bypass it. No one made you reply to it, did they? That was your own choice.

The only time you are wasting is yours. You're replying to something that you would rather not. Then don't. That simple. Nothing hard about it.

:applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-17-2009, 02:03 PM
The word conservative actually means "status quo", or to keep what is or to keep tradition.

Gee, I guess my education must have "missed" that myopic misinformed definition.

con·ser·va·tive (kn-sûrv-tv)
adj.
1. Favoring traditional views and values; tending to favor change through traditional means.
2. Traditional or restrained in style.
3. Moderate; cautious.

No end to slavery.

Under a Republican President.
Also in In the summer of 1865, Republicans proposed a Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution that gave minorities the right to vote

Women wouldn't have the right to vote.

Susan B Anthony gained the support of Republican Sam Wood, to further womens rights.

No passage of civil rights.

It was Everett Dirksen (R-Il.), who drafted a very extensive Civil Rights Bill that was stonewalled by the Dixi-crats. Also, keep in mind that it was the Republicans who helped break the back of the Southern filibuster of the Civil Rights Bill of 1957. (do some homework)

No anti-discrimination laws.

Hmmmmm...Wasnt it the "God-like" President Roosevelt who was responsible for perhaps the most atrocious act of discrimination since the civil war? Or did you conveniently forget how his administration rounded up millions of Japanese American men, women and children... and had them locked away during the second world war?

No Medicare for grandma. No safety net in her "golden" years.

Thank goodness you cant place the broken Medicare system on the backs of Republicans.

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:09 PM
In the mind of a modern day conservative, they would be considered "liberals".

Oh, and you basically stated the same definition I did of conservative.

You seem to think conservative and Republican are of the same meaning.

Anytime you want to advance something these days, you're a "dirty liberal" or however you all say it.

The Republicans of then are not the same ones as of today. You probably won't find many Republicans of today that would be in favor of ending something such as slavery, especially here in the south.

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:10 PM
And yet no one seems to get it YET.

Being angry at Steelboy, someone who is a fan of a team on the net is not, I repeat, NOT going to advance your cause any.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-17-2009, 02:12 PM
In the mind of a modern day conservative, they would be considered "liberals".

Oh, and you basically stated the same definition I did of conservative.

You seem to think conservative and Republican are of the same meaning.

Anytime you want to advance something these days, you're a "dirty liberal" or however you all say it.

The Republicans of then are not the same ones as of today. You probably won't find many Republicans of today that would be in favor of ending something such as slavery, especially here in the south.

Deflection.

The uneducated are easily recognized by their inability to debate the facts.

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Its funny:

when it comes to rooting for a team, everyone is in cahoots.

Start talking politics, then everyone wants to fight and get angry.

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:13 PM

Being angry at Steelboy, someone who is a fan of a team on the net is not, I repeat, NOT going to advance your cause any.

:thumbsup:

Vincent
10-17-2009, 02:14 PM
The only time you are wasting is yours.

Man, you're right Skippy. That's the first thing you've said that makes sense. Momma always said "Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.".

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-17-2009, 02:15 PM

And YOU dont get it. If you are going to post on a message board, be educated enough on the topic to debate it. Your rabbit-trails and deflections do little to advance your cause.

Read a book.

Get back with me.

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Man, you're right Skippy. That's the first thing you've said that makes sense. Momma always said "Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.".

Didn't you say this was a waste of time, yet you're still here? lol

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:16 PM

43Hitman
10-17-2009, 02:17 PM
I find it a bit funny that not one of the many (educated)liberal posters on this board have yet to come to your defense Steelboy84. Why is that?

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Its funny:

when it comes to rooting for a team, everyone is in cahoots.

Start talking politics, then everyone wants to fight and get angry.

A well thought out debate makes me happy.

An empty bag of gummy bears presented as debate, doesnt make me angry it just makes me feel sorry for you.

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:19 PM
I find it a bit funny that not one of the many (educated)liberal posters on this board have yet to come to your defense Steelboy84. Why is that?

Come to my defense?

On a message board? lol

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:19 PM
A well thought out debate makes me happy.

An empty bag of gummy bears presented as debate, doesnt make me angry it just makes me feel sorry for you.

That's nice. :-)

I'm sure when we you wake up tomorrow, McCain will be President and everything will be as you would want it.

:drink:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-17-2009, 02:20 PM

Did....did you just...give yourself a thumbs up???

:doh:

I am embarrassed for you.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-17-2009, 02:21 PM
That's nice. :-)

I'm sure when we you wake up tomorrow, McCain will be President and everything will be as you would want it.

:drink:

Deflection.

Try again. Your just making yourself look silly.

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:22 PM

Boy, that butt kicking last November has made some conservatives on here resort to getting angry at someone who they will probably never meet in their lives. lol

You're upset..............................on a message board? lol

All because you can't change anything.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Deflection.

Try again. Your just making yourself look silly.

I think getting mad at someone on the internet is silly.

Vincent
10-17-2009, 02:23 PM

He gave a :thumbsup: to the previous :thumbsup: he gave himself. He seems to be impressed with himself.

I think getting mad at someone on the internet is silly.

I think you're silly.

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:26 PM
You people are something else. lol

You're mad at someone on the internet. A message board, a place where people will probably never know each other. lol

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:28 PM
He gave a :thumbsup: to the previous :thumbsup: he gave himself. He seems to be impressed with himself.

I think you're silly.

That's nice. But I'm not the one upset.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

43Hitman
10-17-2009, 02:28 PM
I think we need to stop feeding the:troll:

GBMelBlount
10-17-2009, 02:29 PM

I don't know about you hitman, but I am HONESTLY having a lot of fun here, grinning in fact, at steelboys tactics.

Fact is, steelboy is doing more than enough stone throwing from the shadows to satisfy the libs. :chuckle:

But the fact is, we don't even know steelboy is a lib. Hell, there are plenty of libertarians that are pissed off at the republican party who could use the same schtick.

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:30 PM
I think we need to stop feeding the:troll:

Since when did a football forum turn into a forum full of angry, upset, older conservatives that think getting angry at someone on the net is going to change something? lol

Amazing.....................

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Boy, that butt kicking last November has made some conservatives on here resort to getting angry at someone who they will probably never meet in their lives. lol

You're upset..............................on a message board? lol

All because you can't change anything.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NIce try.

1) You presented myopic facts.

2) You were given the actual facts.

3) You were not bright enough to debate those facts.

4) You attempt to deflect your ignorance through childish deflection and immature rants.

5) You are a pretender. Wanting desperately to support your side of the aisle with claims of education, but unable to support your position.

Not sure why you think anyone would take you very seriously. You CLAIM to be educated, so go back and try debating and maybe retain some of your dignity.

43Hitman
10-17-2009, 02:33 PM
I don't know about you hitman, but I am HONESTLY having a lot of fun here, grinning in fact, at steelboys tactics.

Fact is, steelboy is doing more than enough stone throwing from the shadows to satisfy the libs. :chuckle:

But the fact is, we don't even know steelboy is a lib. Hell, there are plenty of libertarians that are pissed off at the republican party who could use the same schtick.

You have a point, he really has never said what his political affiliation is. Doesn't really matter though. It won't change the fact that he's an idiot.

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Its funny because all this conversation is going to is make people feel stronger about their political positions and let off some steam. But when its over, what exactly did it accomplish?

I said it before and I will say it again: nothing changed. Nothing. Through all the insults, all the anger, all the frustration, we still do NOT have a conservative President, or Congress, you're going to think how you want and I'm going to think what I want.

I'm still trying to figure out why there is so much anger. What is it accomplishing?

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:35 PM
You have a point, he really has never said what his political affiliation is. Doesn't really matter though. It won't change the fact that he's an idiot.

lol

And you all's anger isn't helping anything. Nothing. You can say all you want, but nothing is going to change. Nothing. :-)

Vincent
10-17-2009, 02:35 PM
That's nice. But I'm not the one upset.

That tears it! I'm going down to the mall to kick the @#$% out of the first liberal I see cuz Skippy got me all upset. Later.

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:36 PM
That tears it! I'm going down to the mall to kick the @#$% out of the first liberal I see cuz Skippy got me all upset. Later.

Go for it!

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

GBMelBlount
10-17-2009, 02:38 PM
LOL. Listen guys, I've had a lot of fun but I am going take off for a while and go out and try to be more inclusive.

Apparently my beliefs that ALL Americans should have the right to freedom, liberty and the pursuit of happiness isn't "inclusive" enough for some people.

Bwaaaa Haaaa Haaaaaaa! :toofunny:

Owned.

GBMelBlount
10-17-2009, 02:41 PM
"Here Johnny, here's a lollipop, will you vote for me?"

"No."

"No?"

"Well how about if I take your neighbor's lollipoops and give them to you, then will you vote for me?"

"Yes mister, then I'll vote for you."

Ya baby! Now that's inclusive!!!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Owned!

Vincent
10-17-2009, 02:41 PM

He lacks the intellect to state a position. HTG needs to blow his ass up.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Its funny because all this conversation is going to is make people feel stronger about their political positions and let off some steam. But when its over, what exactly did it accomplish?

I said it before and I will say it again: nothing changed. Nothing. Through all the insults, all the anger, all the frustration, we still do NOT have a conservative President, or Congress, you're going to think how you want and I'm going to think what I want.

I'm still trying to figure out why there is so much anger. What is it accomplishing?

Like most Trolls, you flame-baited, and now are crying about how you are treated. You are no better than Slim Q Cumber.

You are not old enough to have seen how the political winds ebb and flow in both directions. The results of this last election is not the end all of political discussion. Reagan in...Bush in...Clinton in...Bush in...Obama in. Any one who points at any of these elections as "proof" that America is liberal or conservative, is showing an incredibly shallow understanding of politics.

Your arguments remain empty and factless...based more emotion than on experience or facts.

In short....Your and idiot.

fansince'76
10-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Debating 101 - the Steelboy84 Way

1. Steelboy84 makes claims that if it were up to conservatives/Republicans, slavery would still exist, women would still be denied the right to vote and would all be chained to the stove and kept barefoot and pregnant.

2. Steelboy84 is then presented with CITED facts (as opposed to half-assed, brainwashed, ultraliberal opinions) about the contributions made by conservatives/Republicans in the areas of civil rights and women's suffrage.

3. Steelboy84 then deflects those facts by accusing the presenters of those facts as simply being "angry" that Obama kicked dere butts last November! Way to go Obama! (followed up by multiple posts quoting his own post to give himself the thumbs-up)

That's how it's done, kidz! :thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Go for it!

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

That, my little retarded friend, was sarcasm.

Vincent
10-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Owned.

Nah. This is "owned".
http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/vinnyq/PWNEDav.jpg

Thank you LLT. I needed that affirmation. That was over Toolboy's head.

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Well, as I said, I'm not the one upset. Saying he must have been Republican brought out all the angry conservatives. lol

Still a msg board. You're simply upset because I don't agree. Well folks, many, many people don't agree with you. Just the way it is. You lost America and anger is not going to get it back.

Go Texas today and go Steelers tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:52 PM

Gee, you don't say.

Insults, insults, insults. lol

I would expect more from older people. Guess not. *sigh*

Steelboy84
10-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Haha, TX wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vincent
10-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Hey Skippy, in your cloistered world is a "majority" more or less than 51%?

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/october_2009/obama_approval_index_october_17_2009/254989-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_october_17_2009.jpg

hindes204
10-17-2009, 03:18 PM
wow........i am amazed by the unbelivably educated responses by steelboy.................facts.............cmon, who needs facts, just continously go on and on about nothing changing, and whining about being insulted. We are in the presence of a true genius guys

HometownGal
10-17-2009, 03:20 PM
I think this thread has met its maker. :tombstone: