PDA

View Full Version : An Observation and a Question

Indo
10-16-2009, 01:04 PM
I was reading thru some threads (both new ones and some older threads) and I noticed that we use the phrase "Can no lose, must wine!" fairly often. While I do agree with that, it occurs to me that the spelling of "wine" to an outside observer (a non-Steelers fan--yes, they do exist) might be misunderstood along with the spirit of the saying and the non-Believer may pronounce the word as if it were spelled "whine"------can no lose, must whine.

While we, as a collective group, do tend to whine a bit about various aspects of our team (you know what they are, so I won't detail them here), I believe that such a, dare I say, sacred saying on this board should not be bastardized into something that it is not.

Here is the question:
Should we, in order to avoid confusion by the non-Steelers fans, change the spelling from "wine" to a more correct phonetic spelling---"ween"?

No Can Lose! Must Ween!

Now, I realize that I am relatively new to the board, so I am uncertain as to how I should Propose this change and how the change should be Ratified if it is Accepted by the Members of the Board. Is it by 2/3 Majority of all Members, by the Majority of the Moderators, or simply by an overall use of the new spelling?

On the other hand, If everyone just Hates the Idea, simply tell me to F*** Off, and I will!

CAN NO LOSE. MUST WEEN! :tt03:

(it may take some getting used to)

Vincent
10-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Béisbol hoz beeen berry berry goood too mee.

Must ween!

hindes204
10-16-2009, 01:31 PM
i believe it is derived from an old post from a while back.......wheres tony, i bet he knows where to find the origin

Indo
10-16-2009, 01:37 PM
i believe it is derived from an old post from a while back.......wheres tony, i bet he knows where to find the origin

I am pretty sure he started it...

HometownGal
10-17-2009, 09:28 AM
I am pretty sure he started it...

He did and it has been the most popular slogan around here ever since. :thumbsup: