10-16-2009, 06:44 PM
First down
Mendy or Parker as RB

Wallace wide left
Ward and Holmes wide right

BB under center

BB hands-off to RB who hesitates towards the line
RB pitches ball back to BB

BB fires downfield to Wallace who is already 4 steps past the CB in a post pattern with no S in sight.

Fleaflicker:tt04:

Hammer Of The GODS
10-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Logan on a reverse or double reverse to Wallace.

T&B fan
10-16-2009, 07:03 PM
as long as it works good to go . hate to see the ones that don't

XxKnightxX
10-16-2009, 07:10 PM
hows this one.
Ben and dixon next to each other on shotgu n foration.

Miller on tight sloght right side and ward on right flanker

Backside would Be Wallace and Holmes.

Snap off to Dixon, he reads the Defense, fakes to ben as he runs across to left side.

Dixon Runs to right and either throws downfield or pitches back to ben, or keeps it and runs

Better seen than explained, but thats the Steelers widlcat if you as kme

steelreserve
10-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Wildcat formation, Ben split out wide, Moore under center.

Ward comes in motion from the left and steps in front to take the direct snap.

He pump fakes and then -- BAM! -- hands the ball off to Hampton, who was in the game at TE and has come back the other way for a reverse.

Quicker than you can say "rocks and blocks," Hampton winds up and throws a frozen rope 40 yards downfield to Ben, who's wide open.

Ray Lewis is chasing him and tries to make a tackle at the goal line, but it's too late and as they fall into the end zone, Lewis gets a knee in the nuts. Whether it's inadvertent or not is anyone's guess.

SteelC7
10-16-2009, 08:49 PM
ben stands in shotgun, sweed, wallace, and holmes in bunch formation, miller in the backfield next to ben, rashard on bens other side, ben throws a strike downfield, and sweed catches a perfectly thrown ball in the endzone... wait a minute, thatll never work...heres the real gadget play: ben in shotgun, moore next to him, holmes and wallace as the wideouts on the left side, ward at TE spot, miller at other TE, direct snap to moore, ben runs to the left looking like hes waiting for the pitchback, miller goes over in front of moore to block so he has time to throw, wallace and holmes run deep, ward runs a crossing route as a safety valve in case moore cant hit the deep ball and moore hits one of them...BAM!!!!! TOUCHDOWN!!!! then the next series the defense blows it and gives up a quick TD hahahahaha

LukesDad88
10-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Playaction, screens, and draws are about as gadgety as I like.

HometownGal
10-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Playaction, screens, and draws are about as gadgety as I like.

I'm a huge fan of the playaction and the fleaflicker. :thumbsup: When gadgets are done to perfection, all is good but even the most minute deviation can turn that gadget into a major clusterfook which could result in points for the opponent.

Nighthawk
10-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Big Ben behind Center, carey davis lined up behind him, mendenhall lined up behind him and run it between the tackles. That's a gadget the steelers should keep using

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-16-2009, 11:37 PM
The same one we twisted the knife with against the Bengals in our 2005 SBXL playoff run:

Shotgun formation...

Big Ben under center and Randle El (Moore?) lined up to his right.

Long snap goes to Moore, Big Ben jumps to give appearance of muffed snap.

Moore runs wide right, Big Ben runs wide left.

Moore chucks the ball laterally to Big Ben, Ben flings it downfield to Wallace.....TD.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
10-17-2009, 12:31 AM
I was thinking of this one. 4th and inches. Ben gets under center, calling out signals to apparently just try to get the other team offsides. When they don't jump, he starts to walk off the field, shaking his head. Then, Hartwig direct snaps to Carey Davis, who plows forward over a distracted defense for a few yards.

devilsdancefloor
10-17-2009, 12:56 AM
anything involving legursky lining up as FB gets my vote :tt04:

Preacher
10-17-2009, 01:37 AM
Big Ben behind Center, carey davis lined up behind him, mendenhall lined up behind him and run it between the tackles. That's a gadget the steelers should keep using

Why? We have been using it and its worked at times and has failed at times. It all depends on the line play.

Personally, I would like to see the "Look at me, I am yelling at the sidelines-receivers while the ball is snapped to my RB.

Preacher
10-17-2009, 01:38 AM

Now that I dont mind... We can call him the human cannonball play!

shinoff2183
10-17-2009, 03:54 AM
Ward takes shotgun with ben in the slot, BANG ben catches for first down or preferably TD.

shinoff2183
10-17-2009, 03:56 AM
I was thinking of this one. 4th and inches. Ben gets under center, calling out signals to apparently just try to get the other team offsides. When they don't jump, he starts to walk off the field, shaking his head. Then, Hartwig direct snaps to Carey Davis, who plows forward over a distracted defense for a few yards.

I think that would work, but I wouldnt use it until an important game, a regular season game isnt worth it. I love the idea!

steelreserve
10-17-2009, 04:40 AM

You mean Carey Davis plows forward for -2 yards. That guy does not run well.

We'd do better direct snapping it to Legursky, and THAT would be exciting to watch, if only because it would be exhilirating to see him make it through a play like that without fumbling, and if he did, oh well, it was 4th down anyway.

Galax Steeler
10-17-2009, 06:37 AM
I like the good old flea flicker it is one of my favorites.

Busforever
10-17-2009, 06:46 AM
Not realy a gadget plauy, buy gadget players...
Goal line situation, Legursky at FB, Polamalu at RB. Jump Taz, jump!
Polamalu wanted to do that in our fifth SB against Seahawks. I'd like to see what Polamalu can do on a run

markymarc
10-17-2009, 03:59 PM
I would like to see Logan on an end around or WR screen. Follow that by Ward throwing to Wallace for a TD! And for giggles, Ben punt the ball again.

Psyychoward86
10-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Ben hands the ball to Mendy

MasterOfPuppets
10-17-2009, 05:36 PM
ben run the option with hampton as the tailback....:thumbsup:

tony hipchest
10-17-2009, 05:59 PM
sepulveda to wallace who is in as a gunner in punt formation.

Steelerfreak58
10-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Flea Flicker

Hand to Mendy

Toss back to Big Ben

Big Ben tosses it LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG to Wallace who completely burns his defender.

7 points no fuss no muss. Steelers score!

SuzyPeppercorn
10-17-2009, 06:28 PM

I love this one. I think it could really catch the defense off and give us a needed first down.

tyler289
10-17-2009, 07:06 PM
I love this one. I think it could really catch the defense off and give us a needed first down.

A high school (or younger, can't remember) team did this and scored a TD.

BlastFurnace
10-17-2009, 07:55 PM
I've watched a lot of old NFL Films and Marv Levy always is talking about the "8-88" play. Watching the Bills offense and how many points they scored....I'm willing to give it a try. It seems to work.

KeiselPower99
10-18-2009, 12:09 AM

:tt04: