PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else on the board that does P90X ?

BlastFurnace
10-16-2009, 06:20 PM
I've been doing P90X for 2 and 1/2 years now. If anyone is looking for a good, challenging workout, P90X is it.

The video's are easy to follow. There is a financial investment in material you wlll need in order to do the excercises, but trust me, it is well worth your time.

cubanstogie
10-16-2009, 06:39 PM
I've been doing P90X for 2 and 1/2 years now. If anyone is looking for a good, challenging workout, P90X is it.

The video's are easy to follow. There is a financial investment in material you wlll need in order to do the excercises, but trust me, it is well worth your time.

Funny you ask right now, I just got done with the yoga version. I used to laugh at yoga but I am dripping sweat right now . It was a killer workout.

BlastFurnace
10-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Funny you ask right now, I just got done with the yoga version. I used to laugh at yoga but I am dripping sweat right now . It was a killer workout.

I did Yoga X yesterday. I used to think that Yoga was easy, until I did the P90X version. I try to do the Yoga X workout twice a week to keep flexible, but the first 45 minutes are like a weight workout with the kind of movements he has you do. The last 45 minutes of that workout is not as hard, but it does a great job with stretching.

Keep up the great work.

cubanstogie
10-16-2009, 06:49 PM
I did Yoga X yesterday. I used to think that Yoga was easy, until I did the P90X version. I try to do the Yoga X workout twice a week to keep flexible, but the first 45 minutes are like a weight workout with the kind of movements he has you do. The last 45 minutes of that workout is not as hard, but it does a great job with stretching.

Keep up the great work.

The gal in the pink shirt keeps me going on the yoga workout. With a body like that and her flexibility all I can do is fantasize. Right now I do the workouts sporadically and swim for 45 minutes 4 times a week. When it starts getting colder her in CA I will to the whole P90X and follow it more strictly. I am impressed by anyone who does this workout. You also keep the great work.

Vincent
10-16-2009, 06:58 PM
I've glanced at the infomercial several times but the ice cubes flew out of my glass.

hindes204
10-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Ive tried it before, it definitly wears you out.....i have found that nothing works better than a good clean diet, and daily excersise. I used to weigh in at a sloppy 260 ...now i hover around 195 and look pretty ripped(sorry to toot my own horn).........i just got it in my head to stay dedicated to the task...i eat very healthy; chicken, tuna, fish, salad, stay away from too many carbs, and i hit the gym 5 days a week.........i gues being in the military helps a little, i dont have much of a choice but to stay fit.....especially over here in the desert, i work out 7 days a week here because there isnt much else to do

MasterOfPuppets
10-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Ive tried it before, it definitly wears you out.....i have found that nothing works better than a good clean diet, and daily excersise. I used to weigh in at a sloppy 260 ...now i hover around 195 and look pretty ripped(sorry to toot my own horn).........i just got it in my head to stay dedicated to the task...i eat very healthy; chicken, tuna, fish, salad, stay away from too many carbs, and i hit the gym 5 days a week.........i gues being in the military helps a little, i dont have much of a choice but to stay fit.....especially over here in the desert, i work out 7 days a week here because there isnt much else to do pssssst.....tuna is fish..:wink02:

GBMelBlount
10-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Is that the same thing as the XXX90? :noidea:

My wife & I do the XXX90 at least 4 times per week.

That's basically doing everything XXX we can think of for at least 90 minutes (or until one of us passes out or says "uncle").

After we're done we usually snack on tuna and then have some fish. :chuckle:

hindes204
10-17-2009, 06:12 PM
pssssst.....tuna is fish..:wink02:

smarta$$........i knew as soon as i wrote that somebody would say something, i guess i set myself up for that one

MasterOfPuppets
10-17-2009, 07:38 PM
smarta$$........i knew as soon as i wrote that somebody would say something, i guess i set myself up for that one
well i guess if i were jessica simpson, i would have said...duh...tuna is chicken

stlrtruck
10-19-2009, 07:53 AM
I get a workout from a personal trainer at the beginning of each month and I do that workout for the month and then get a new one.

It's more core training exercises. I started on a similar routine with a different trainer in April and she got me down from 240 to 216, then we parted ways and I started with this new trainer on the core exercises and it one month I went from 216 to 207.

Looking to be under 200 for the first time since my early 20's. Then going to tighten up the loose skin, abs, and tone up.

GBMelBlount
10-19-2009, 08:29 AM
I get a workout from a personal trainer at the beginning of each month and I do that workout for the month and then get a new one.

I like that idea ST.

Doing the same workouts gets old.

I would also imagine varying your workout keeps your muscles from getting used to the "routine".

Plus, by trying new & different exercises I would think you find what your body best responds to and can emphasize (keep them) for your future workouts.

I started back a little over a year ago and used only a total trainer (like a total gym) & light dumbbells. Then I added heavier dumbells. More recently I brought my paramount home gym over and just got a barbell & free weights. Each thing I've added has allowed me, just as you, to do different exercises & get a more well rounded workout.

My wife & I have talked about joining the wellness center a mile up the road as there are a few things they have that would add to what I have at home. Plus, my wife likes the idea of scheduled classes for things like yoga & pilates as well as amenities like a pool & sauna.

revefsreleets
10-19-2009, 08:48 AM
I use the PU-36 Space Modulator...is that similar?

http://www.officiallyscrewed.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/marvinmartian.jpg

Seriously, I have tried P90 and that shit is HARD CORE...and I'm pretty used to high intensity workouts w/ big doses of cardio worked in...

stillers4me
10-19-2009, 09:30 AM
I use the PU-36 Space Modulator...is that similar?

http://www.officiallyscrewed.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/marvinmartian.jpg

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: :toofunny:

stlrtruck
10-19-2009, 01:31 PM
I like that idea ST.

Doing the same workouts gets old.

I would also imagine varying your workout keeps your muscles from getting used to the "routine".

Plus, by trying new & different exercises I would think you find what your body best responds to and can emphasize (keep them) for your future workouts.

I started back a little over a year ago and used only a total trainer (like a total gym) & light dumbbells. Then I added heavier dumbells. More recently I brought my paramount home gym over and just got a barbell & free weights. Each thing I've added has allowed me, just as you, to do different exercises & get a more well rounded workout.

My wife & I have talked about joining the wellness center a mile up the road as there are a few things they have that would add to what I have at home. Plus, my wife likes the idea of scheduled classes for things like yoga & pilates as well as amenities like a pool & sauna.

As my traininer told me, it takes about 4 weeks for your body to adapt to new routines, so changing it up every month stresses the body and allows for peak performance (could have fooled me - it feels more like peak failure) and better results in the long run. My clothes definitely fit better, I have the strength and endurance to play with my daughter and be more active with her.

Utilizing the trainer also keeps me motivated and focused, especially on days when the body and mind aren't in agreement about what they're doing or what I want to do.