PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson- injured??!!!

nojobny
10-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Peterson is gimping around the sidelines after rolling his ankle when someone landed on it.

I would not be upset if he's not 100% next week! :tt04:

AllD
10-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Vikes by at least 7 if we keep playing like we have been.

Hines0wnz
10-18-2009, 04:22 PM
He was back in on the last drive so I think he is okay.

revefsreleets
10-18-2009, 04:22 PM

They are very susceptible to the pass.

We are a passing team.

We also have a better defense than the Rats.

Steelers 24
Vikes 13

Psyychoward86
10-18-2009, 04:28 PM
that would be nice. he rushed for 143 yards for a 6.5 yards per carry average against the RAVENS

Ravnet
10-18-2009, 04:32 PM
That isn't saying much as our defense is horrendous.

nojobny
10-18-2009, 04:36 PM
link (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/18/adrian-peterson-injures-his-ankle/)

Adrian Peterson injures his ankle

Posted by Mike Florio on October 18, 2009 3:52 PM ET
In a game that the Vikings have controlled, for the most part, from the outset, running back Adrian Peterson has suffered an apparent ankle injury late in the game.

After catching a pass in the backfield from quarterback Brett Favre, Peterson's ankle twisted as he was being tackled.

He limped badly off the field but he now seems to be walking normally.

The incident occurred just a few plays after a 58-yard run put the Vikings into field goal range.

Minnesota leads late, 30-17.

To their credit, the Ravens keep coming. So this one isn't over yet.

UPDATE: It's definitely not over. The Ravens already have scored again. It's 30-24 with five minutes left.

SECOND UPDATE: Peterson has returned. But it looks like the Vikes are trying to blow this one. Ravens will get the ball back with 3:52 to play and trailing by six.

Nadroj 20
10-18-2009, 04:39 PM

Held them to 197 total yards and one TD and alot of the yards came on the junk wildcat crap......i just hope your being sarcastic

Ravnet
10-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Held them to 197 total yards and one TD and alot of the yards came on the junk wildcat crap......i just hope your being sarcastic

What are you talking about?

Firstly, I'm a Ravens fan, so I was talking about Baltimore's defense, and secondly, if you were referring to Pittsburgh's stats, they allowed more than 200 total yards.

I don't see what you were referring to.

stillers4me
10-18-2009, 05:23 PM
It will be a tough game. We tend to play to the level of our competition so I feel we have an edge. We are on the rise and we are at home.

BTW......didn't it look like someone puked grape koolaid all over the field in that game? :chuckle:

sharkweek
10-18-2009, 06:18 PM
BTW......didn't it look like someone puked grape koolaid all over the field in that game? :chuckle:

I was thinking it came out the other end

Nadroj 20
10-18-2009, 09:15 PM
What are you talking about?

Firstly, I'm a Ravens fan, so I was talking about Baltimore's defense, and secondly, if you were referring to Pittsburgh's stats, they allowed more than 200 total yards.

I don't see what you were referring to.

I was talking about the Steelers and no they didnt let up 200 yards heres the link to the final stats......http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=291018023

look under total yards

I didnt know you were a ravens fan either so thats where the misunderstanding took place i thought you were talking about the Steelers D who let up 197 and 1 td

I should known with your name i just didnt pay attention to it

devilsdancefloor
10-19-2009, 12:36 AM

i havent seen them play yet is there a big drop off from last year? it doesnt matter when the ravens play the steelers its always a bloodbath ,but i can hope it isnt

Ravnet
10-19-2009, 01:52 AM
I was talking about the Steelers and no they didnt let up 200 yards heres the link to the final stats......http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=291018023

look under total yards

I didnt know you were a ravens fan either so thats where the misunderstanding took place i thought you were talking about the Steelers D who let up 197 and 1 td

I should known with your name i just didnt pay attention to it

Cool, just a misunderstanding.

i havent seen them play yet is there a big drop off from last year? it doesnt matter when the ravens play the steelers its always a bloodbath ,but i can hope it isnt

The secondary was hanging on by a thread last year, but that thread has now been severed; the linebackers are still decent, but Scott was our best LB in coverage, and with the secondary not doing well, we miss him; the defensive line should easily be top five in the league, but they have severely underperformed.

Our current unit reeks of mediocrity.

It's really weird to have a top-tier offense and a middling defense.

sharkweek
10-19-2009, 02:46 AM
with our defense whiffing in the second half (mostly in the 4th Q) and having to rely on our own offense as well (who would have guessed both Roethlisberger and Flacco would be in the top 5 QBs in terms of passing stats) the feeling is mutual

Preacher
10-19-2009, 03:01 AM

:huh:

winning games? 300 Plus (400 plus today) yards on offense? Defense that is coming alive?

Not sure what you mean.

Preacher
10-19-2009, 03:02 AM
with our defense whiffing in the second half (mostly in the 4th Q) and having to rely on our own offense as well (who would have guessed both Roethlisberger and Flacco would be in the top 5 QBs in terms of passing stats) the feeling is mutual

Our D is starting to get stronger over the last two weeks. Not because of the type of team we were playing, but because our team has started to find its motor again.

Galax Steeler
10-19-2009, 05:32 AM
I guess I will have to bench Petterson on my fantasy team next week. I might loose but they are playing the Steelers.

Nadroj 20
10-19-2009, 08:28 AM
I guess I will have to bench Petterson on my fantasy team next week. I might loose but they are playing the Steelers.

I would if i were you.....you can find somebody to start that would out score AP going against Pittsburgh.