PDA

View Full Version : The Vikes Have Been VERY Lucky.....

SteelerEmpire
10-18-2009, 04:48 PM
A missed FG well within the Raven's kickers range and a Hail Mary pass against San Fran.... Congrats on their 6-0 record. Their a good team. But they have BARELY beaten the other good teams that they've played.... If you can say the Ravens and 49ers are good teams.....
Their luck will run out next week in the Steel City....

Hotrodder07
10-18-2009, 04:51 PM
You're right, they have gotten lucky in a lot of these games. That said, they're still winning them. We've lost to 2 good teams, when we outplayed them. And with the trouble we've had putting teams away this year, I'm nervous about this game.

Hopefully you're right, and their luck does run out.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-18-2009, 04:57 PM
I dont think you can call it luck. Look at all the skill players in Peterson, Favre, Berrian. They probably have the best O-line in the NFL, while their D-line with the 2 Williams and Jared Allen is one of the tops too.

Yeah, with all that talent, they should be even more dominant, but I think Childress manages to keep them from being even better. Should be a tough game next week.

Burghfan58
10-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Get the Vikes out of the dome and the luck runs out. Welcome to da Burgh. :tt04::tt03::tt04::tt03::tt04::tt03::tt04:

memphissteelergirl
10-18-2009, 05:08 PM
You're right, they have gotten lucky in a lot of these games. That said, they're still winning them. We've lost to 2 good teams, when we outplayed them. And with the trouble we've had putting teams away this year, I'm nervous about this game.

Hopefully you're right, and their luck does run out.

:iagree:

So it's time to stop p____y-footin' around and get down to playing Steeler football FOR REAL!!!

:tt03:

tyler289
10-18-2009, 05:09 PM
They're a good team, but very beatable. We have them at home, which is a huge boost to us.

fansince'76
10-18-2009, 05:20 PM
They've earned their 6-0 record. We got our work cut out next week, but I'm confident we can head into the bye week at 5-2.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Vikes are pretty beat up after this game.

Vikings CB Antoine Winfield leaves with injury

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield left Sunday's game with an injury to his right foot.

The Vikings had two more costly injuries in the fourth quarter. Running back Adrian Peterson appeared to hurt his left knee while being tackled during a run. He limped off the field and sat out a few plays during Minnesota's next series, but was back in for the following possession.

Wide receiver Percy Harvin then aggravated an injury to his left shoulder that had him listed as questionable for the game. Harvin got hurt while being tackled on a kickoff return and was later taken away on a cart.
Winfield was hurt on Baltimore's first series of the second quarter and left the bench area to be examined. Karl Paymah took Winfield's place on the next possession and gave up a 28-yard reception to the Ravens' Derrick Mason.

Later in the second quarter, Winfield walked gingerly back to the sideline without his helmet. At the beginning of the third quarter, the team announced Winfield's return as questionable. He was wearing a hat on the sideline.

Paymah, Benny Sapp and Cedric Griffin were the cornerbacks in the nickel package during Baltimore's first series of the second half. Sapp sat out during the second quarter.

Winfield made the Pro Bowl last season for the first time in his 10-year career. He had one interception, six passes defended and 30 tackles in Minnesota's first five games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=4574814

tony hipchest
10-18-2009, 05:30 PM
A missed FG well within the Raven's kickers range and a Hail Mary pass against San Fran.... Congrats on their 6-0 record. Their a good team. But they have BARELY beaten the other good teams that they've played.... If you can say the Ravens and 49ers are good teams.....
Their luck will run out next week in the Steel City....

weve barely beaten the shitty teams we've played and we have been worse than unlucky. in addition to our injuries to main defensive cogs, we have played sloppy.

i dont think the vikings will be hoping for luck to beat the steelers.

we struggled against the winless titans and 1-5 browns and lions played us much tougher than they should have. beating the 2 win chargers is nothing to write home about.

barely losing to "juggernauts" such as the bears or bungles is disturbing.

finally with the vikings we play an opponent who is a sb contender. this will be a good test.

it may take us being very lucky to win.

SteelCityMan786
10-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Hopefully the Rats have softened the Vikes for them so that way the Steelers may end 5-2 before the bye

stillers4me
10-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Vikes are pretty beat up after this game.

And that was all I wanted out of that game.........it's gravy that rat's lost. :applaudit:

Steel_Bus_24
10-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Glad the rats and bugles lost,

but we won't beat the vikes without a fully disciplined effort

If the same team shows up next week we will be smoked by 10-17 points

Time for primetime steelers, put it all together and remind the league why we're champs:tt03:

steelpride12
10-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Viking have earned 6 and 0 and in no way will this game be easy, but if our Steelers don't cause turnovers and Ben continues to carry the offensive load and the D shuts down the run game our Steelers will be 5 and 2 into the bye week.
The Vikes are banged up now and Farve will carve our secondary so our offense need to put points up and the home field should be to our advantage!

Lock Down
10-18-2009, 06:37 PM
The Vikings could also look at the Steelers and not be all too intimidated. Time for the Steelers to step it up a notch against a legitimate contender. Can't wait for the game.

SmashmouthFootball
10-18-2009, 07:31 PM
If we don't turn the ball over, it's going to be a very good game.

If we can get after Favre, and if it's chilly in Heinz field, Minnesota could easily be staring at 6-1.

Won't be an easy win for us, but it won't be easy for them either.

SteelRNation
10-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Mr. Farve, please meet Mr. Harrison.

X-Terminator
10-18-2009, 09:02 PM
The Vikings have earned every bit of that 6-0 record. They are a legit good team and will give the Steelers all they can handle next week.

JEFF4i
10-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Frankly, the Steelers play to their competition.

At least, next week, that's what I'm hoping.

Steelboy84
10-18-2009, 09:42 PM
We''ll see how lucky they get at Heinz Field.

ricksteelers55
10-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Mr. Favre, please meet Mr. Harrison.

we might have our share of problems when Jared Allen meets Ben Roethlisberger...hopefully the OL will keep their rythm,but a very good test next week against he Williams sisters and Allen in town

HometownGal
10-18-2009, 10:22 PM
They've earned their 6-0 record. We got our work cut out next week, but I'm confident we can head into the bye week at 5-2.

Exactly. Next week certainly isn't going to be a cake-walk as we are going to have a bit of trouble with Peterson with Smith being out of the lineup and The Drama King has a nice assortment of receivers (as well as TE Shiancoe) to toss the pigskin to. The Vikes run D is also very good so Ben is going to have to be pretty much perfect for us to pull this one out. Definitely our toughest game of the season imho.

BlackAndGold4Ever
10-18-2009, 10:34 PM
With another unimpressive victory against a sub-par team, I'm not taking any game lightly especially a team thats 6-0.

Preacher
10-18-2009, 10:36 PM
I don't know why teams we are going to play always are called "lucky" if they have a good year, but when we win the same way, it is considered skill.

Bears are a good team, and we barely lost to them. Bungles have shown themselves good in the first quarter of the year, but that injury is going to REALLY hurt them.

Vikings are also a good team. They are going to play against a top run defense that is coming alive, and the pass defense played better today (but that WAS the browns so. . . .).

It'll be good. it'll be tough. Its the right test at the right time.... time to see if this year's Steelers is a deep playoff type team!

SteelRNation
10-18-2009, 11:15 PM
we might have our share of problems when Jared Allen meets Ben Roethlisberger...hopefully the OL will keep their rythm,but a very good test next week against he Williams sisters and Allen in town

Ben's like a Timex...takes a licking and keeps on ticking. We've all seen Ben get hit and think "Aw hell, he aint getting up from that." And then there he is getting up and shrugging it off like nothing. Favre wont be able to do that. If we hit Favre like we're capable of, he's in huge trouble. Hopefully it will be a nice comfortable 30 degrees or lower for that extra crisp feel during the hit.

wootawnee
10-19-2009, 12:57 AM
They could be 4-2 very easily.....And they know it, they are a very humble bunch.......I watched every game of theirs this year and I think they look really, really good......
They do not deserve any smack talk what so ever, and are a very respectable bunch........Bret Farve is throwing the ball as good as any person in the league right now.....
The Steelers better start preparing Sunday night for this game...........They all got that look in their eyes like someone who is on a roll at a crap table.........This game will be great.......I wish I could go.......

steelpride12
10-19-2009, 01:10 AM
Well if a team sneaks through the Super Bowl and wins off a lucky pass or run, hey ill take that anyday.

jjpro11
10-19-2009, 01:36 AM
the Vikings are a very good team. i can't believe some people seem to be taking them so lightly. 6-0 is no fluke, and they are well balanced in every aspect of the game. until we start playing solid in the second half, any team can beat us.

MasterOfPuppets
10-19-2009, 01:42 AM
the Vikings are a very good team. i can't believe some people seem to be taking them so lightly. 6-0 is no fluke, and they are well balanced in every aspect of the game. until we start playing solid in the second half, any team can beat us.well thier secondary is a little suspect, and thier receivers are ok but not great, but other than that they're pretty solid all around. the oline will get thier chance to show if thier improvement over the last few weeks is not due just to weak competition.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-19-2009, 01:54 AM

Yeah, Starks has done a good job the past couple weeks in pass protection. He'll get a test with Allen, but expect to see Johnson, Miller and RB's over there periodically to help chip Allen.

Allen honestly has the size and quickness to be a problem, but he has this arm-over move that he uses to counter inside that is neat to watch. Gonna be a real measuring stick next week.

toughsticks87
10-19-2009, 03:37 AM
This should prove to be some excellent football.

:tt03:

Preacher
10-19-2009, 03:50 AM
Yeah, Starks has done a good job the past couple weeks in pass protection. He'll get a test with Allen, but expect to see Johnson, Miller and RB's over there periodically to help chip Allen.

Allen honestly has the size and quickness to be a problem, but he has this arm-over move that he uses to counter inside that is neat to watch. Gonna be a real measuring stick next week.

I can't believe I am about to say this... but with the way the line has played, and with Leg. as the main backup for the interior, I really am happy with our O line right now. I wish we could have a stronger backup at the L or R T position. But if my wishes for this line is a better BACKUP at the tackle, well, we are doing well IMO.

SteelRNation
10-19-2009, 08:55 AM
the Vikings are a very good team. i can't believe some people seem to be taking them so lightly. 6-0 is no fluke, and they are well balanced in every aspect of the game. until we start playing solid in the second half, any team can beat us.

Gotta disagree, buddy. The teams they have played thus far are a combined 11-23. They have only played 3 teams with winning records and one of those is Baltimore at 3-3. Which their kicker choked a FG to win the game yesterday. Another was San Francisco(3-2) where Favre hit a miracle pass to win the game in the back of the end zone when all the guy had to do was push the receiver out of bounds.

The_WARDen
10-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Much like the Steelers...good teams make their own luck.

solardave
10-19-2009, 09:24 AM
The Ravens did us a favor by softening thing up a little. I hope the press gives us a zero chance of winning this game so we can prove them wrong. Stop AP, make Favre throw the ball. I know that's exactly a good thing unless we can disrupt him. Woodley and Harrison need to bring their A game, and the secondary needs to cover well.

GridironWarrior
10-19-2009, 09:35 AM
The Steelers need to watch their TE Shiancoe. Favre has been using him pretty well.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-19-2009, 10:41 AM
I can't believe I am about to say this... but with the way the line has played, and with Leg. as the main backup for the interior, I really am happy with our O line right now. I wish we could have a stronger backup at the L or R T position. But if my wishes for this line is a better BACKUP at the tackle, well, we are doing well IMO.

I would be cautiously optimistic. The last 3 games have faced opponents that rank #19(Detroit), #29(SD) and #30(Cleveland) in rushing yards allowed. I'd really say we have looked good against some teams with less than average D-linemen.

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
10-19-2009, 11:42 AM
The Vikings might be a little lucky so far, but they make the plays to win games. After their two dramatic comeback wins, they're doing nothing but gaining more and more confidence. The Steel Curtain is in for a battle this weekend. I'm looking forward to the game because I'm flying up to Pittsburgh on Saturday for the game. Staying at the Hyatt Place in Cranberry Township. Hopefully Bama smashes Tennessee on Saturday and the Black & Gold will put a beating on Favre on Sunday!!!

jjpro11
10-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Gotta disagree, buddy. The teams they have played thus far are a combined 11-23. They have only played 3 teams with winning records and one of those is Baltimore at 3-3. Which their kicker choked a FG to win the game yesterday. Another was San Francisco(3-2) where Favre hit a miracle pass to win the game in the back of the end zone when all the guy had to do was push the receiver out of bounds.

that goes both ways.. look who we have played. hardly an impressive group and we lost to both teams who are over .500. we also let every team we played back in the game by the 4th quarter and ended up losing a couple because of it.

Fire Haley
10-20-2009, 11:53 AM
I bet half the bandwagon Minny fans have a Packers #4 jersey in their closet.

fansince'76
10-20-2009, 12:02 PM
that goes both ways.. look who we have played. hardly an impressive group and we lost to both teams who are over .500. we also let every team we played back in the game by the 4th quarter and ended up losing a couple because of it.

Agreed - we haven't exactly been blowing teams out of the water either. However, we do have a habit of playing to the level of our competition, so I expect a more inspired effort this week.

Indo
10-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Gonna be a tough game

He who wins the turnover battle will win the game

zsheik22
10-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Frankly, the Steelers play to their competition.

At least, next week, that's what I'm hoping.\

My hopes and thoughts, EXACTLY.