PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark's INT

The Definiti0n
10-18-2009, 03:55 PM
I didnt get to watch the game on TV because CBS was showing the Vikings Vs Ravens.

What happened? Was it an touchback or a safety? Can someone who watched the game give me the blow by blow on that particular play?

Nadroj 20
10-18-2009, 03:57 PM
He caught it close to the goal line and at first they called it a touchback but then cleveland challenged and we got the ball on the one....it was a good call

Preacher
10-18-2009, 04:38 PM
He caught it close to the goal line and at first they called it a touchback but then cleveland challenged and we got the ball on the one....it was a good call

I agree. It looked like he hit hte ground and then slid into the endzone. Nice play though.

The Definiti0n
10-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanx guys some Cleveland Brown Stain said it was a safety.

Preacher
10-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Thanx guys some Cleveland Brown Stain said it was a safety.

What, you expect them to know the rules? Hilarious.

steelerchad
10-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Now, if you are running and intercept a pass at the 2 yard line and your momentum carries you into the endzone and you are tackled, that by rule is a touchback.
Clark caught the ball at the 1 as he was going down he slid across the goal line (which is certainly his momentum carrying him in), then he was touched down (which is the same as tackled. How in the hell is the ball on the 1.

devilsdancefloor
10-18-2009, 10:15 PM
ball was on the 1 because his knee was down at the 1 and he slide into the endzone. So the refs got it right placed the ball on the 1

Psyychoward86
10-18-2009, 11:10 PM
there's video highlights of it on NFL.com. It's most definitely not a safety.

toughsticks87
10-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Refs got it right after the challenge. Good call placing it at the 1.

Preacher
10-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Now, if you are running and intercept a pass at the 2 yard line and your momentum carries you into the endzone and you are tackled, that by rule is a touchback.
Clark caught the ball at the 1 as he was going down he slid across the goal line (which is certainly his momentum carrying him in), then he was touched down (which is the same as tackled. How in the hell is the ball on the 1.

That is a good question. . . I don't remember if there was a Bungles player there that may have touched him as he was falling down? That would be a tackle.