PDA

View Full Version : Didn't get to see the game, how did Troy and the D look?

GridironWarrior
10-18-2009, 04:22 PM
I missed the game was in church. I saw he had a pick and then limped away, did he come back? How as the pass rush?

Preacher
10-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Yeah he played some more.

He looked, well, injured. Good to see him back on the field again.

IMO, the defensive story of the game is the awakening of the monster known as the Pittsburgh Linebacker corp.

GridironWarrior
10-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Well that's good to hear about the Backers. I hope Troy is doing the right thing by coming back. How did Kirshke look?

HometownGal
10-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Troy looked fine but a little gimped up, especially after that pick, but he just kept on keepin' on. :thumbsup:

As far as the D's play overall - gave up 1 TD (which was aided by the refs' blown call on a pass that the receiver caught with one foot out of bounds), a little over 100 through the air, a little under 100 on the ground, 2 picks, 2 sacks and 2 FF's. I'd say on the whole, they played damned well. :tt03:

GridironWarrior
10-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Troy looked fine but a little gimped up, especially after that pick, but he just kept on keepin' on. :thumbsup:

As far as the D's play overall - gave up 1 TD (which was aided by the refs' blown call on a pass that the receiver caught with one foot out of bounds), a little over 100 through the air, a little under 100 on the ground, 2 picks, 2 sacks and 2 FF's. I'd say on the whole, they played damned well. :tt03:

Nice! Also how did Woodley look? I know he's been getting a ton of pressure. Did Ziggy get a lot of time playing?

HometownGal
10-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Nice! Also how did Woodley look? I know he's been getting a ton of pressure. Did Ziggy get a lot of time playing?

Woodley looked OK - didn't make any enormous plays today but he did his job for the most part. As for Ziggy - I didn't notice him in the game at all but I'm sure he must have been at one time or another.

GridironWarrior
10-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Woodley looked OK - didn't make any enormous plays today but he did his job for the most part. As for Ziggy - I didn't notice him in the game at all but I'm sure he must have been at one time or another.

Cool, thanks for the info. Glad to see the D put up some solid stats.

Preacher
10-18-2009, 05:55 PM

You know, I am going to have to watch teh game again for Ziggy. I forgot all about him.

VTsteel
10-18-2009, 06:21 PM
I'd say on the whole, they played damned well. :tt03:
Agreed! Fairly solid

austinfrench76
10-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Hood doesn't show up in the box stats so either he didn't play OR he just didn't make a play. I also didn't see Sunny Harris so I guess he didn't either.

GridironWarrior
10-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Hood doesn't show up in the box stats so either he didn't play OR he just didn't make a play. I also didn't see Sunny Harris so I guess he didn't either.

Harris was inactive today.

tube517
10-18-2009, 10:31 PM
He (ziggy) showed up in the Game book as a sub, so he probably only got in a few plays. I really didn't notice him but I was watching on a computer screen

Rick5895
10-19-2009, 06:17 AM
The D played reasonably well, but will need to be a lot better vs Vikes. One concern I have and have had over the past few games, that is William Gay, is it just my imagination or are his coverage skills somewhat suspect. He needs to lay a lot better against the Vikingns

Kaeg
10-19-2009, 06:26 AM
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Ziggy in at least once.

X-Terminator
10-19-2009, 06:28 AM
Ziggy did play a few snaps in the game, but didn't make any tackles.

sharkweek
10-19-2009, 07:12 AM
The D only gave up one legit score and it was a drive based entirely off of a relative hail marry 40+ yard pass play considering the plays the Browns had been running. Ike did sort of blow his assignment on that play but other than that the D did really well. The Browns tried their best to use the wildcat in a manner that suggested they had no faith in standing a chance at all using traditional offense. It was actually pretty sad to watch to be honest, especially considering the wildcat was their most consistent form of success against us and even that wasn't enough to score more than 7 points or gain more than 200 yards.

Without Cribbs we might have seen a true blowout.

Its a shame that guy is stuck in that quagmire, he might not be valuable enough to get Cleveland anything substantial through a trade, yet he's the only bright spot on that team.

steelballs
10-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Troy looked slow in comparison to his normal speed. He played tentative after the pick and deservedly so, but it was nice to see him on the field.

I thought Timmons played extremely well and outside of Farrior's one missed tackle on Anderson in the backfield, he was playing very inspired ball as well.

The one player I thought played very average yesterday was Taylor. He was giving Massoqui way too much of a cushion and he gave up several soft receptions to him. This kid hasn't earned that much respect for our top CB to play off that far.

Edman
10-19-2009, 12:09 PM
They looked good, but not all the way there.

Troy may have re-tweaked his knee and played at half-speed the rest of the game, but it's obvious his prescence was felt. The Defense definately played with more confidence.