PDA

View Full Version : Arians--WOW

Preacher
10-18-2009, 04:33 PM
So THIS is the offense that Arians wants to run?

Let's see, the ball gets spread between 3 RB during the game.

Lets see the balance:
CAR YDS AVG TD LG
R. Mendenhall 17 62 3.6 1 11
W. Parker 7 26 3.7 0 9
M. Wallace 1 21 21.0 0 21
M. Moore 5 20 4.0 0 7
B. Roethlisberger 6 11 1.8 0 13
Team 36 140 3.9 1 21

And passing...
REC YDS AVG TD LG TGTS
H. Ward 8 159 19.9 1 52 12
S. Holmes 5 104 20.8 0 41 8
H. Miller 5 80 16.0 1 25 7
M. Wallace 2 50 25.0 0 29 4
R. Mendenhall 2 15 7.5 0 13 2
W. Parker 1 9 9.0 0 9 1
M. Moore 0 0 0.0 0 0 1

And one more rush than pass total... That, my friends, is a BEAUTIFULLY balanced and called game.

(Now, if we can fix those turnovers! :chuckle:

stillers4me
10-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Oyvey....the turnovers. :doh:

We do not want to keep handing the ball to Lord Favre like that.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
10-18-2009, 04:54 PM
They really need to change the rule so you can't be sitting on top of a player on the ground for 5 seconds and have the ball stripped.

HometownGal
10-18-2009, 04:59 PM
They really need to change the rule so you can't be sitting on top of a player on the ground for 5 seconds and have the ball stripped.

Damned straight they do - that is total bullshit. :bs:

Father - don't you know by now that Arians sucks and the only reason the O is successful is because of Ben? :laughing: :wink: You Arians Kool Aid drinker! :cheer:

I thought Arians playcalling today was absolutely brilliant! :applaudit::hatsoff::tt03:

Preacher
10-18-2009, 05:09 PM
As soon as that O line has started coming together... things have looked very good.

sharkweek
10-18-2009, 05:13 PM

well, the sooner it happens to the Patriots, the sooner the rules will be changed

Psyychoward86
10-18-2009, 05:32 PM
well, the sooner it happens to the Patriots, the sooner the rules will be changed

Well if it happens to the Patriots it might happen. If it happens to Brady....Oh....well then you absoloutely HAVE to change the rules :chuckle:

LVSteelersfan
10-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Arians looks like a genius because his line is actually blocking people, Who knew that Stapleton was that big of a problem? Once he was gone, the Steelers have been giving Ben huge amounts of time back there. Arians is actually using his RB's strengths instead of running them straight up the middle on first down every single time. The Steelers are actually becoming unpredictable on offense. That is all I have been asking of Arians for the past year. Looks like he has it under control. And Ben. OMG, he threw for over 400 yards and we WON a game. The naysayers said it is not possible. Screw the naysayers.

Preacher
10-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Yep.

It sure is amazing... as soon as that line strenghened up, it seems everything got better.

SteelersMongol
10-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Damned straight they do - that is total bullshit. :bs:

Father - don't you know by now that Arians sucks and the only reason the O is successful is because of Ben? :laughing: :wink: You Arians Kool Aid drinker! :cheer:

I thought Arians playcalling today was absolutely brilliant! :applaudit::hatsoff::tt03:

Let's start a thread "Cut Arians, because V could've finished off the Browns by over 30 some points." :chuckle:

Texasteel
10-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Last year Ben couldn't pay QB and should be traded or cut, now he's our savior. This year Arians was an idiot and should be fired, now he's a genius. Next year with all the complaining about Sweed he will probably be all pro.

devilsdancefloor
10-18-2009, 10:13 PM
But preacher it was unbalenced! we passed for way more yards then we ran for!

tony hipchest
10-18-2009, 10:16 PM
As soon as that O line has started coming together... things have looked very good.

Yep.

It sure is amazing... as soon as that line strenghened up, it seems everything got better.

chargers- lions- browns.

our o-line hasnt really done anything that is remarkable or spectacular.

they simply had their way with some piss poor teams during the soft underbelly of theri schedule.

facing the vikings and ravens will be the true test. the steelers o-line always looks relatively great against the dregs of the nfl (see past 3 weeks).

tube517
10-18-2009, 10:26 PM
I agree, the refs need to wake up. Whatever happened to forward progress being stopped? Should everyone sit there until the game clock runs out? Ridiculous.

Preacher
10-18-2009, 11:06 PM
chargers- lions- browns.

our o-line hasnt really done anything that is remarkable or spectacular.

they simply had their way with some piss poor teams during the soft underbelly of theri schedule.

facing the vikings and ravens will be the true test. the steelers o-line always looks relatively great against the dregs of the nfl (see past 3 weeks).

Our line has been VERY good in the pass play this entire year.

And no, our O line hasn't always looked good, let alone relatively great against the dregs of the NFL. May I remind you of games against Oakland in 2006, the second Browns game in 2007 (we pretty much didn't play the dregs last year).

Our O line is playing much better than last year, they are blocking better in the pass. I agree with you that the run has to be tested. But on the whole, they are playing much better. Even in the Preseason they looked better.

toughsticks87
10-18-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm interested to see how we do without Smith against the Vikes. I'm expecting a great football game

:tt03:

SteelTalons
10-19-2009, 09:31 AM
But preacher it was unbalenced! we passed for way more yards then we ran for!

:rofl: Maybe thats peoples issue with offense. They want to see 200yards rushing and 200yards passing not 300yards passing and 100yards rushing. Its an insane position to take but I honestly am starting to think its how a lot of people feel about it.

revefsreleets
10-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Mendy's elbow touched the ground anyway, and I'm pretty sure that constitutes a player being down after contact of that nature...could be wrong about that, though...

fansince'76
10-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Our line has been VERY good in the pass play this entire year.

And no, our O line hasn't always looked good, let alone relatively great against the dregs of the NFL. May I remind you of games against Oakland in 2006, the second Browns game in 2007 (we pretty much didn't play the dregs last year).

Not to mention allowing SEVEN sacks to a horrible Jets team in 2007 that had a grand total of eight sacks for the entire season up to that point.

Dino 6 Rings
10-19-2009, 11:08 AM
So THIS is the offense that Arians wants to run?

Let's see, the ball gets spread between 3 RB during the game.

Lets see the balance:
CAR YDS AVG TD LG
R. Mendenhall 17 62 3.6 1 11
W. Parker 7 26 3.7 0 9
M. Wallace 1 21 21.0 0 21
M. Moore 5 20 4.0 0 7
B. Roethlisberger 6 11 1.8 0 13
Team 36 140 3.9 1 21

And passing...
REC YDS AVG TD LG TGTS
H. Ward 8 159 19.9 1 52 12
S. Holmes 5 104 20.8 0 41 8
H. Miller 5 80 16.0 1 25 7
M. Wallace 2 50 25.0 0 29 4
R. Mendenhall 2 15 7.5 0 13 2
W. Parker 1 9 9.0 0 9 1
M. Moore 0 0 0.0 0 0 1

And one more rush than pass total... That, my friends, is a BEAUTIFULLY balanced and called game.

That can't be right, you have Parker with a catch and moore with no catches. Didn't you know that Parker can't catch and Moore is the best threat on the team? Geesh Preacher!

:chuckle:

7SteelGal43
10-19-2009, 11:26 AM

AMEN

scsteeler
10-19-2009, 12:35 PM

The O-line Sucks and Arians has no Idea what he is doing we need to get rid of them all.

Sarcasm :chuckle::chuckle:

revefsreleets
10-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Actually, Arians has ALWAYS called good games, with a few exceptions (Eagles last year comes to mind, but some of his games have been GREAT)...it's all about player execution and that starts up front.

SteelCurtain
10-19-2009, 02:19 PM
That can't be right, you have Parker with a catch and moore with no catches. Didn't you know that Parker can't catch and Moore is the best threat on the team? Geesh Preacher!

:chuckle:

Yeah, but did you see how uncoordinated and goofy Parker looked after he caught the ball? He tripped over his own feet and if not for that it would have been a TD.

Sharkissle29
10-19-2009, 02:22 PM
i cant believe im saying this, but arians has been calling some great games. for once he isnt predictable...

Preacher
10-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Not to mention allowing SEVEN sacks to a horrible Jets team in 2007 that had a grand total of eight sacks for the entire season up to that point.

SOme things, I just block out of my memory!

HometownGal
10-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Actually, Arians has ALWAYS called good games, with a few exceptions (Eagles last year comes to mind, but some of his games have been GREAT)...it's all about player execution and that starts up front.

http://www.taosjewishcenter.org/rabbipage/uploadImages/image/amen.jpg

revefsreleets
10-19-2009, 03:17 PM
I gave HIM my game ball...no one ever remembers the poor coaching staff after wins....

HometownGal
10-19-2009, 03:21 PM
I gave HIM my game ball...no one ever remembers the poor coaching staff after wins....

I, too, gave BA one of my game balls. :thumbsup: The man called a brilliant game and for the majority of the game, the players executed. :applaudit:

SteelGhost
10-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Congrats Mr. Bruce Air-ians you've had a great play calling against the brownies,:hatsoff: please keep up the good work against the Vikes :tt02:

tony hipchest
10-19-2009, 08:15 PM

while i do think it was a great called game that played to the teams strengths, in all reality only 1 of bens rushes was a called run (the qb sneak).

the rest were busted pass plays (and since we have to take away bens longest run they all went for negative yardage).

still 10 more pass plays than run, but i will not argue about the results. teams will start gameplanning for pass first and it will do wonders opening up holes for the run game later in the season.

Preacher
10-19-2009, 09:36 PM
while i do think it was a great called game that played to the teams strengths, in all reality only 1 of bens rushes was a called run (the qb sneak).

the rest were busted pass plays (and since we have to take away bens longest run they all went for negative yardage).

still 10 more pass plays than run, but i will not argue about the results. teams will start gameplanning for pass first and it will do wonders opening up holes for the run game later in the season.

Like I said in another thread, we don't know what the next play was going to be. What I mean is, if Ben scrambled and the LB's are now reminded to come up and play the run, a pass may be called instead. So in reality, the scrambles affect the playcalling.

10 more pass plays I am VERY happy with. That, in over 70 plays, is still pretty balanced in my opinion.

In the end I agre with you... pass first will open up run holes. Then, we start running first.

It sure is nice to have both parts of the game working again... I am excited to see it against stronger teams coming up.

tony hipchest
10-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Like I said in another thread, we don't know what the next play was going to be. What I mean is, if Ben scrambled and the LB's are now reminded to come up and play the run, a pass may be called instead. So in reality, the scrambles affect the playcalling.

in reality???

in my book, calling a sack a running play that helps keep defenses honest is nothing more than trying to polish a turd.

in reality, i would rather have willie parker take 3-4 shots behind the line of scrimmage to keep the defenses honest as opposed to our $100 million franchise qb.

again... im not bitching, but my scenario is the TRUE definition of "balance".

calling bens sacks "rushing attempts" is nothing more than putting lipstick on a pig.

Preacher
10-19-2009, 10:21 PM
in reality???

in my book, calling a sack a running play that helps keep defenses honest is nothing more than trying to polish a turd.

in reality, i would rather have willie parker take 3-4 shots behind the line of scrimmage to keep the defenses honest as opposed to our $100 million franchise qb.

again... im not bitching, but my scenario is the TRUE definition of "balance".

calling bens sacks "rushing attempts" is nothing more than putting lipstick on a pig.

Wow... raring to go? Let's take a look at what I was saying.

I was saying that scrambling makes the LB's think about their run/contain responsibilities. Once the QB does that, IMO, it changes the play-calling, because the QB has run the ball.

BTW, I know you agree with me. After all, you can polish a turd.

yiJ9fy1qSFI

tony hipchest
10-19-2009, 10:38 PM
youre right, im wrong.

it WAS balanced play calling.

:coffee:

Preacher
10-19-2009, 10:44 PM
youre right, im wrong.

it WAS balanced play calling.

Cool

Now we are in to the coffee smileys.

http://www.oldetimecooking.com/Images/Cup_of_Coffee.JPG

tony hipchest
10-19-2009, 11:02 PM
:cool:

now we are into charlie manson logic...

"no sense makes sense".....

"unbalance = balance"

Preacher
10-19-2009, 11:20 PM
:cool:

now we are into charlie manson logic...

"no sense makes sense".....

"unbalance = balance"

:thumbsup:

Anything you say !

Oh determiner of logic.

tony hipchest
10-19-2009, 11:34 PM
what is your determination of balance again?

...just to clear things up for those who might be confused. :confused:

:cheer: arians!

"WOW"

coaches coach, players execute. isnt that the mantra around here?

Preacher
10-19-2009, 11:39 PM

"WOW"

Balance:

At the end of the game, upon looking back, the ball was actually attempted to be advanced one time less through the air than on the ground.

Balance. I can't make it much clear than this Tony, and you stil haven't paid me for the last time class was in session.

Maybe just a little more freebie help.

Maybe a picture will help the confused

http://www.stockphotopro.com/photo-thumbs-2/stockphotopro_49821251mhf_media_drv4_vol.jpg

Balance.

(by the way, are you on facebook? If so, I will PM you a link to a song that my wife showed me. I found it HILARIOUS... but it DEFINITELY is not something I will attach my name to here. I just know you would have the sense of humor to truly enjoy it.).

Steelers & I
10-19-2009, 11:44 PM

"WOW"

LMAO :rofl:

There are 2 or 3 people around here that view themselves as being Miss Beadle while the rest of us are Willie Oleson or Laura Ingalls. We just drop in from time to time to take advantage of their VAST insight of Steelers football. :toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
10-19-2009, 11:46 PM
Last year Ben couldn't pay QB and should be traded or cut, now he's our savior. This year Arians was an idiot and should be fired, now he's a genius. Next year with all the complaining about Sweed he will probably be all pro.
hmmmm....:scratchchin: ....so in reality, the whining and bitching is really constructive critcism.....

Steelers & I
10-19-2009, 11:48 PM
hmmmm....:scratchchin: ....so in reality, the whining and bitching is really constructive critcism.....

Great thought, I never looked at it that way. You may be right. :thumbsup:

Preacher
10-19-2009, 11:49 PM
LMAO :rofl:

There are 2 or 3 people around here that view themselves as being Miss Beadle while the rest of us are Willie Oleson or Laura Ingalls. We just drop in from time to time to take advantage of their VAST insight of Steelers football. :toofunny:
:huh:

I didn't see UFN anywhere around here. :chuckle:

Preacher
10-19-2009, 11:50 PM

In politics, it has been for 40 plus years!

tony hipchest
10-19-2009, 11:57 PM
In politics, it has been for 40 plus years!

*deflection*

:coffee: (is there any way to enlarge this smiley?) i have absolutely NO idea what politics have to do with this discussion about the steelers in the actual steelers forum.

can we please keep the vitrol contained in one place????

*flush*

Preacher
10-20-2009, 12:04 AM
*deflection*

:coffee: (is there any way to enlarge this smiley?) i have absolutely NO idea what politics have to do with this discussion about the steelers in the actual steelers forum.

can we please keep the vitrol contained in one place????

*flush*

Wow. talk about jumping ship to stay away from a discussion. I really don't see you anywhere in that discussion, nor that discussion involving you.

So let's try this again:

Balance:

At the end of the game, upon looking back, the ball was actually attempted to be advanced one time less through the air than on the ground.

Balance. I can't make it much clear than this Tony, and you stil haven't paid me for the last time class was in session.

Maybe just a little more freebie help.

Maybe a picture will help the confused

http://www.stockphotopro.com/photo-thumbs-2/stockphotopro_49821251mhf_media_drv4_vol.jpg

Balance.

(by the way, are you on facebook? If so, I will PM you a link to a song that my wife showed me. I found it HILARIOUS... but it DEFINITELY is not something I will attach my name to here. I just know you would have the sense of humor to truly enjoy it.).

tony hipchest
10-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Wow. talk about jumping ship to stay away from a discussion. I really don't see you anywhere in that discussion, nor that discussion involving you.

:noidea: i dont see any boats, other than the battleship sized turd i just flushed....

"arians... WOW"

40 pass calls.

31 rush.

= balance.

"no sense makes sense"

-c. manson

(those of us still stuck in reality know that stats can be manipulated to support whatever anyone wants to believe.)

Preacher
10-20-2009, 12:35 AM
:noidea: i dont see any boats, other than the battleship sized turd i just flushed....

"arians... WOW"

40 pass calls.

31 rush.

= balance.

"no sense makes sense"

-c. manson

(those of us still stuck in reality know that stats can be manipulated to support whatever anyone wants to believe.)

Sigh.

You're right. A pass play which turns into a scramble would NEVER affect the next play. :thumbsup:

Glad that makes sense in your world :chuckle:

Oh wait, I forgot the obligatory :coffee:

Steelers & I
10-20-2009, 12:39 AM
:popcorn: Has there been a recent Delegation of Authority around here? It sure seems so.

Preacher
10-20-2009, 12:49 AM
:popcorn: Has there been a recent Delegation of Authority around here? It sure seems so.

I think someone feels lonely and just wants to be included in the discussions!

Wait.. I forgot the obligatory :coffee:

Steelers & I
10-20-2009, 02:02 AM

I think someone feels lonely and just wants to be included in the discussions!

Wait.. I forgot the obligatory :coffee:

I think that someone thinks like the guy in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejTmistHFw0

Preacher
10-20-2009, 02:04 AM
I think that someone thinks like the guy in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejTmistHFw0

take all the shots at my faith you want.

I hope it makes you feel better.

Steelers & I
10-20-2009, 02:05 AM
take all the shots at my faith you want.

I hope it makes you feel better.

Yeah sure, cry foul when there's no foul.

Preacher
10-20-2009, 02:08 AM
Yeah sure, cry foul when there's no foul.

See me cry foul? I just gave you a free fire zone. Wanna take a shot at my faith.. at what I do with my life?

Go right ahead if that helps you.

Just make sure not to get personal so you don't get banned, or drop too many F bombs.... for the same reason. That's all.

Steelers & I
10-20-2009, 02:16 AM
See me cry foul? I just gave you a free fire zone. Wanna take a shot at my faith.. at what I do with my life?

Go right ahead if that helps you.

Just make sure not to get personal so you don't get banned, or drop too many F bombs.... for the same reason. That's all.

Who said anything about your faith? Who said anything about what you do with your life? Do you think that you're the only one with faith?

You chose to post that you "think" someone is lonely, I chose to post that your "thinking" on my behalf was as far off as the dude in the video.

Preacher
10-20-2009, 02:24 AM
Who said anything about your faith? Who said anything about what you do with your life? Do you think that you're the only one with faith?

You chose to post that you "think" someone is lonely, I chose to post that your "thinking" on my behalf was as far off as the dude in the video.

That's fair... I missed the connection. I thought you were associating his thinking with my thinking.

That's all.

solardave
10-20-2009, 03:13 AM
Yeah, but did you see how uncoordinated and goofy Parker looked after he caught the ball? He tripped over his own feet and if not for that it would have been a TD.

It was the Frankenstein shoes. HELP-I'VE FALLEN AND CAN'T GET UP. He needs life alert.:chuckle:

Preacher
10-20-2009, 03:20 AM
It was the Frankenstein shoes. HELP-I'VE FALLEN AND CAN'T GET UP. He needs life alert.:chuckle:
:rofl:

I seriously hope he can play without them this week. We need everyone we can get on the field.

Steelers & I
10-20-2009, 04:03 AM
That's fair... I missed the connection. I thought you were associating his thinking with my thinking.

That's all.

Nope, I wouldn't do that Preacher. Although some of our football views are different, I would NEVER disrespect the cloth. Now COME ON, lets argue some football!

HometownGal
10-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Nope, I wouldn't do that Preacher. Although some of our football views are different, I would NEVER disrespect the cloth. Now COME ON, lets argue some football!

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Thank you.

Hallelujah! :banana:

revefsreleets
10-20-2009, 08:51 AM

LOL..."argue football"

Preach forgot more football yesterday than you've ever known.

By the way, how did Timmons look Sunday?

Texasteel
10-20-2009, 08:58 AM

Your probably right. Ben would have never been the QB he is now if some here hadn't called him a bust, and expressed the need to get rid of him.

Preacher
10-20-2009, 11:12 AM

Thank you

Hammer67
10-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Let us not forget in our wonderfully entertaining back and forths that Arians did allow Ben to call some of this game out of the no huddle. So, do we blame Arians if it's Arian's plays and Ben is calling them?

After a win, I could care less...

Why do we love to pick on single scapegoats in wins or losses around here? It's a team sport with a lot of ebb and flow during a game. Plus, sometimes I think people forget there is another team on the field also trying to make plays.

As an aside, had a discussion during the game at my local Steeler bar about the Steelers not playing "Steeler football" anymore (I assumed he meant grinding it out running game). I asked "Isn't winning Steeler football?"

SteelGhost
10-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Let us not forget in our wonderfully entertaining back and forths that Arians did allow Ben to call some of this game out of the no huddle. So, do we blame Arians if it's Arian's plays and Ben is calling them?

Why do we love to pick on single scapegoats in wins or losses around here? It's a team sport with a lot of ebb and flow during a game. Plus, sometimes I think people forget there is another team on the field also trying to make plays.

As an aside, had a discussion during the game at my local Steeler bar about the Steelers not playing "Steeler football" anymore (I assumed he meant grinding it out running game). I asked "Isn't winning Steeler football?"

:applaudit:

HometownGal
10-20-2009, 06:40 PM

Yet another excellent post, Hammer, and spot the fook on! :applaudit::hatsoff::thumbsup:

Steelers & I
10-21-2009, 05:43 AM
LOL..."argue football"

Preach forgot more football yesterday than you've ever known.

By the way, how did Timmons look Sunday?

He looked about the same as he's looked all season, not very impressive. They took one of those sacks away from him yesterday so that leaves him with what? A sack and a forced fumble that he "accidentally caused." Yeah boy, that was real impressive, did you notice how he unknowingly grazed the QB with his elbow, causing a fumble, as he was drifting by? Yeah, he's on his way to stardom. :thumbsup: Larry Foote is 10 times the player that Timmons has been thus far.

HometownGal
10-21-2009, 07:41 AM
Yeah, he's on his way to stardom. :thumbsup: Larry Foote is 10 times the player that Timmons has been thus far.

Hmmm. :scratchchin: Considering the fact that Foote is headed into his 91st game as a starter and Timmons is starting his 7th game this Sunday, you may be correct as far as experience goes. However, considering that in those 7 games where Timmons has started, he already has almost half of Foote's total PD's, INT's and FF's numbers, as well as 1/4 of Foote's numbers as far as T & A's, I'd have to say that Lawrence Timmons is going to smoke Foote all the way around.

revefsreleets
10-21-2009, 08:45 AM
S&I: Buy it. Read it. Learn it. Live it.

You got an awful lot to learn kid....

http://www.rollsrox.com/blog/public/geeking/football_for_dummies.jpg

Preacher
10-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Hmmm. :scratchchin: Considering the fact that Foote is headed into his 91st game as a starter and Timmons is starting his 7th game this Sunday, you may be correct as far as experience goes. However, considering that in those 7 games where Timmons has started, he already has almost half of Foote's total PD's, INT's and FF's numbers, as well as 1/4 of Foote's numbers as far as T & A's, I'd have to say that Lawrence Timmons is going to smoke Foote all the way around.

Steelers & I
10-21-2009, 10:22 PM

:thmbdown:

Steelers & I
10-21-2009, 10:29 PM
S&I: Buy it. Read it. Learn it. Live it.

You got an awful lot to learn kid....

http://www.rollsrox.com/blog/public/geeking/football_for_dummies.jpg

I'm far from being a kid. In fact, I probably should be calling you kid. But really, just because you tell me that Timmons is essentially a bad A$$, well that doesn't make it so. I watch the games too you know and until last week, I hadn't seen ANYTHING from Timmons this season. And last week wasn't all that damn impressive. Oh boy, he finally got his hands on the QB a few times, although one of those QB touches was incidental in my opinion. Beastly I say, BEASTLY!

Steelers & I
10-21-2009, 10:33 PM

And he damn well should smoke Foote's numbers. After all, he's a 1st round draft choice. He should have been smoking Foote's numbers last season.

#1 Big Ben Fan
10-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Who is still complaining about BA? If anybody still is then they should stripped of their fan card. The execution by the players at times is the reason the offense stalls at times. Turn overs, dropped passes, dumb penalties like false starts. But overall the offense has been awesome this year and the play calling/overall scheme has been flawless.

One point though I know I heard/read that after Ben threw his pick/six in the Lions that Ben went to BA and said can I call the plays the rest of the game. Which BA didn't object. I'm not knocking BA but I actually want to compliment him in Ben's growth as an NFL QB.

BA deserves a ton of credit for giving the Ben the freedom to call plays and develop his overall game.

tony hipchest
10-21-2009, 11:11 PM
And he damn well should smoke Foote's numbers. After all, he's a 1st round draft choice. He should have been smoking Foote's numbers last season.you would think, but 5+ years experience with dick lebeau as a teacher (a 50 year nfl veteran) and nfl championship winning calibur players as teammates far exceedes being a 21 year old who has enough prospective talent to be a 1st round draft pick.

p. willis, j. laurinitus, b. cushing, or p. posluzny would all be in the exact same position if they had been drafted by the steelers.

thats the way it goes in steeltown.

just like m. wallace might have more skill and talent than OSU's s. holmes, dont mean he is gonna automatically jump him on the depth chart (that will play itself out in holmes contract year).

revefsreleets
10-22-2009, 01:20 AM
I'm far from being a kid. In fact, I probably should be calling you kid. But really, just because you tell me that Timmons is essentially a bad A$$, well that doesn't make it so. I watch the games too you know and until last week, I hadn't seen ANYTHING from Timmons this season. And last week wasn't all that damn impressive. Oh boy, he finally got his hands on the QB a few times, although one of those QB touches was incidental in my opinion. Beastly I say, BEASTLY!

Kid reference is based on your complete ignorance of the game.

You bag on Timmons because you HAVE to...you painted yourself into a corner with that ridiculously stupid tirade whining about him both being a bust and too expensive to keep, and you'll never live it down.

No need to put you on ignore because the stupid things you say are amusing as Hell...I used to get mad at stupidity on this board, but there is an interesting and comical side to it I'm discovering...

Steelers & I
10-22-2009, 05:03 AM

You bag on Timmons because you HAVE to...you painted yourself into a corner with that ridiculously stupid tirade whining about him both being a bust and too expensive to keep, and you'll never live it down.

No need to put you on ignore because the stupid things you say are amusing as Hell...I used to get mad at stupidity on this board, but there is an interesting and comical side to it I'm discovering...

Lets get it right Revesreleets, if you're going to call me stupid than at least do it with precise information. First of all, I didn't call Timmons a bust anywhere in that particular thread. I did however say that if he wasn't starting by his 3rd season then I would indeed consider him a bust. I also said that I don't ever see him playing up to the expectations of a1st round draft choice so therefore, I believe that the Steelers should trade him.

The "too expensive to keep" reference was hypothetical boy. I played along with the "beast" billing that many members have given Timmons. So once again, hypothetically, If Timmons did somehow become a beast on the field, then the Steelers most likely won't be able to afford him when his contract is up so why not trade him?

Steelers & I
10-22-2009, 05:17 AM

I'll sharpen up on my football knowledge when you learn to quit taking things so personal in this forum and when you learn to debate without taking personal jabs at your opponent. How's that? :drink:

I mean seriously, it's obvious by your writings that you're a very intelligent person but really, your points are mute if you express them by way of hollering during your debates and calling your fellow members stupid and such. If you have intellect to share with dummies such as myself, than do it in a more professional manner.

Steelers & I
10-22-2009, 05:33 AM
you would think, but 5+ years experience with dick lebeau as a teacher (a 50 year nfl veteran) and nfl championship winning calibur players as teammates far exceedes being a 21 year old who has enough prospective talent to be a 1st round draft pick.

p. willis, j. laurinitus, b. cushing, or p. posluzny would all be in the exact same position if they had been drafted by the steelers.

thats the way it goes in steeltown.

just like m. wallace might have more skill and talent than OSU's s. holmes, dont mean he is gonna automatically jump him on the depth chart (that will play itself out in holmes contract year).

That makes sense. I did enjoy that little JAB that you threw in there. I think I know who that was directed at. :toofunny:

revefsreleets
10-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Tony is still (and will probably always) smarting a little from his beating he takes in the political forum.

As for taking swipes, you poke me, I'll poke back, and I can tell by your posts it's not a contest you're going to get the better of, JUNIOR....

Finally, it IS retarded to say that players who succeed for the Steelers won't be re-signed:
Ben
Harrison
Farrior
A. Smith
Kiesel

Are just a few of the guys who had success in the B&G who were resigned, and two of those were LBers. Draft position has absolutely NOTHING to do with future contracts, performance does.

It was stupid and you couldn't find a SINGLE ally in that fight, yet you carried on and on and on...

I still have to shake my head at how silly your posotion was...and how it taints your whole view of Timmons to this day.

Just to clarify, Timmons numbers so far this year say a LOT about his ability and what an overall upgrade he is over Foote, especially as an impact player.

22 tackles
3 sacks
29 yards YdsL
2 forced fumbles
4 PASSES DEFENSED

Foote was a run stopping specialist who was a solid player who knew his role and played in control and did his job. Timmons is a "splash" player who will get better and better and is a complete player who can do it all: Rush the passer, guard backs/TE's, and his run stopping is getting better.

He's NOT a bust, and the Steelers WILL resign him which makes you pretty much 100% wrong in ALL your analysis of the situation.

Thus endeth the lesson.

Indo
10-22-2009, 09:45 AM
:popcorn:

vasteeler
10-22-2009, 10:28 AM
:popcorn:

would you mind sharring , this is gettin' good

revefsreleets
10-22-2009, 10:46 AM
This isn't going anywhere...I submit this little gem from Brainiac S&I from Aug 26th....

Like I've said before, trade Timmons NOW while there are still teams out there that believe that he has great value. If Timmons happens to sit around playing special teams, and 3rd downs in this his 3rd season, then you can bet your bottom dollar that his value will drop off tremendously. At that point the Steelers will be stuck with a 1st round draft choice who has done nothing more than play spot football. He'll walk away after his contract expires, if he isn't released first, and the Steelers will get nothing in return. Trade him now Steelers, there are still morons out there who believe that Timmons is a beast.

kirklandrules
10-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Timmons is one step away from being a monster player. He has all the tools, but just needs the experience to get there. I don't knock the guy for being a 1st rounder and not starting immediately. Championship teams don't require rookies to start immediately adn the Steelers have had great success by not asking their rookies to "save" them. He was brought along well with Potsy and Foote playing well during his development. Foote was very good at stuffing that run for us. But Timmons will pick that part up and he's showing his ability in both getting to the QB and covering downfield are already an upgrade over Foote. So, as much as we all appreciated the sevice Foote put in for the Black & Gold, Timmons is an 8 with the potential for a 10 while Larry is always going to be an 8.

revefsreleets
10-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Honestly, how many LBers HAVE come in right outta college and succeeded in our 3-4 system? I can think of only one off the top of my head, Kendrell Bell, and he crashed and burned...

It shows a fundamental lack of understanding of how the Steelers do things and the responsibilities and learning curve involved in this defense to expect differently...

Steelers & I
10-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Honestly, how many LBers HAVE come in right outta college and succeeded in our 3-4 system? I can think of only one off the top of my head, Kendrell Bell, and he crashed and burned...

It shows a fundamental lack of understanding of how the Steelers do things and the responsibilities and learning curve involved in this defense to expect differently...

I can think of two so your list is doubled up already, the aforementioned Kendrell Bell and Chad Brown, that's just off the top of my head.

43Hitman
10-22-2009, 03:02 PM

That same logic could be applied to our WR situation also. Don't give up on Sweed or you'll be in the same situation that you are putting Steelers & I in. Just sayin.

Carry on.:popcorn:

kirklandrules
10-22-2009, 03:06 PM

Exactly revefsreleets. Bell was an outstanding athlete, but I've heard he really wasn't that bright. Apparently, they had to dumby down the play book just so he'd understand it. It got to the point that the only thing they did with him was send him on a blitz, with his teammates having to cover his other responsibilities. After his rookie year (when he was Defensive Rookie of the Year), I stupidly went out and bought his jersey. Now people ask: "Who the hell is Bell?".

revefsreleets
10-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Alright...2 LB's in 15 years...and that's borderline because while Brown did start in 93, I'd hardly say he excelled in the 3-4...there IS a difference from playing and standing out.

As for Sweed, please stop making weird comparisons...Sweed is DIGRESSING...he's riding pine, 5th string, demoted from year 1 to year 2. Not applicable. Playing WR is not nearly as complex as learning the Steelers 3-4 LB responsibilities, AND, by all accounts, Sweed seems to be doing all the other things right, anyway...

He just can't catch.

tony hipchest
10-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Tony is still (and will probably always) smarting a little from his beating he takes in the political forum.

ewww... that scent....

i cant tell if its liquid BS or-

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/obsession.jpg

dont flatter yourself, kid.

you cant phase me. truth be told, you can barely even see me.

a true testament to how far you have fallen? you struggle to faze anyone these days.

stick to riding the newbs and trying to goad them into getting themselves banned. that is about all your act is worth any more. :hatsoff:

oh, and 'strawman' & 'ad hominem'. :yawn: zzzzzzzzzzzz

:toofunny:

Steelers & I
10-22-2009, 10:09 PM
ewww... that scent....

i cant tell if its liquid BS or-

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/obsession.jpg

dont flatter yourself, kid.

you cant phase me. truth be told, you can barely even see me.

a true testament to how far you have fallen? you struggle to faze anyone these days.

stick to riding the newbs and trying to goad them into getting themselves banned. that is about all your act is worth any more. :hatsoff:

oh, and 'strawman' & 'ad hominem'. :yawn: zzzzzzzzzzzz

:toofunny:

Man, that's some sexy smelling stuff right there. :sofunny:

revefsreleets
10-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Game...set...match.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/20011216SiteR.jpg