PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall's Spin

Steeldude
10-18-2009, 04:58 PM
he really needs to lose that 180-spin. it seems he does that useless spin more than 50% of the time. he also exposes the ball during this spin habit he has got himself into. i can see a spin every once in awhile, but he does it way too often. it's hard to run when you aren't facing the defense.

Preacher
10-18-2009, 05:03 PM
I don't mind the spin move.

I do mind the ball come out away from the body when he does it.

jjpro11
10-18-2009, 05:08 PM
he has been carrying the ball loose like that since he came here.. that's the one thing that scares me and that he needs to improve on.. it really hasn't hurt him yet.. the fumble today was kind of fluky where he was laying on a player and had it stripped. but i am just waiting for that ball to hit someone's helmet while running or someone blind side him and knock the ball loose. it seems almost inevitable.

HometownGal
10-18-2009, 05:08 PM
I really don't mind his spin move, but he really needs to tuck the ball a little better. This will come with more playing time. As for his fumble today, he was stood up like a Christmas tree and had the ball stripped which is something I wish the damned league would outlaw.

Psyychoward86
10-18-2009, 05:26 PM
he really needs to lose that 180-spin. it seems he does that useless spin more than 50% of the time. he also exposes the ball during this spin habit he has got himself into. i can see a spin every once in awhile, but he does it way too often. it's hard to run when you aren't facing the defense.

his spin move is great. It's so fast for a guy his size. It's just the way he holds the ball that's a problem. A lot of us have been concerned about his ball security since the Chargers game...why are you even talking about his spin move of all things

Steelboy84
10-18-2009, 05:30 PM
He'll get an extra 2-3 yrds with that move, but like a previous user said, tuck the ball away better and there will be no problems.

SteelC7
10-18-2009, 08:54 PM
before everybody starts crucifying mendenhall this week, he did ok, he didnt average alot, bet he did way better than parker, both he and parker do need to keep that ball glued to their arms, even if it limits their moves

devilsdancefloor
10-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Spin move is fine every once in a while , but he is doing it a lot put your shoulder down for that extra 2 or 3 yards less likely to fumble.

Edman
10-18-2009, 09:50 PM
I don't mind Mendenhall's spin move. It's his ball handling mechanics that are an issue.

Galax Steeler
10-19-2009, 04:15 AM
As long as the spin move doesn't hurt his performance then I have no problem with it. He is a hard runner and gains alot of yards after contact. Keep up the good work mendenhall.