PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward

LukesDad88
10-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Leads the NFL in receiving yards. The only other receivers close to him have already played.

AllD
10-18-2009, 08:57 PM
He leads the Steelers all-time in yards too. He is no finesse player either. A career season.

Carolina Steelers
10-18-2009, 09:08 PM
I know he has 599 yds it kinda funny seeing Big Ben and Ward leading the NFL in their catergories. Remember The Steelers havent had a bye week yet. Some teams already have. This is the yr both Steelers records go down Bradshaw passing records for yds in a season and Yancey Thigpen Rec. yds.

SteelC7
10-18-2009, 09:52 PM
and who said he lost a step??? i guess tone is gonna have to wait awhile to become the absolute #1 receiver, hines still has the game he did from 2001-2004, he looks just as good

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-18-2009, 10:05 PM
ward was stellar today.....it was a lot of ward with a sprinkling of Wallace and Holmes oh and Miller

steelpride12
10-18-2009, 10:16 PM
33 years old and the Steelers all time record holding in receiving and always has a smile on his face. He is the heart and face of this organization!

MasterOfPuppets
10-18-2009, 10:32 PM
why are you guys so obsessed with assigning a number to the receivers ? :noidea:

Angus Burgher
10-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Hey, I didn't get to see the game because my cable company played the stupid Ravens game... I understand there was a contraversial overturned TD by Ward. Did he actually drop it, or is it another case of the Steelers getting screwed by officials?

HOFCitySteelers
10-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Ward caught the ball over the shoulder and fell to the ground. He rolled over a few times and out of bounds. after he was out of bounds the ball come out and touched the ground. I guess by rule he didnt maintain control through the entire play, but at the same time the play is consiudered over when he goes out of bounds and he maintained control the whole time while he was in. Try checking the videos on nfl.com and see if they show it. There was also an obvious hold on Cribbs kick return for a td and theres no way we should have got a first down on that spot in the 2nd quarter.

jjpro11
10-18-2009, 11:51 PM
i really thought this was the year Ward would start regressing until retirement. i sure am glad i was wrong. hopefully he can keep it up all season and through the postseason. the guy is ageless.

GridironWarrior
10-18-2009, 11:56 PM
I hit Ward for a 76 yard td on a slant in Madden against SD the other day. Even Madden knows he's got a lot left in the tank.

wootawnee
10-19-2009, 12:45 AM
and who said he lost a step??? i guess tone is gonna have to wait awhile to become the absolute #1 receiver, hines still has the game he did from 2001-2004, he looks just as good

I did...........Hines needs that kinda red meat to chew on sometimes.........He found that step this summer somewhere in his training regime........

stb_steeler
10-19-2009, 01:08 AM
33 years old and the Steelers all time record holding in receiving and always has a smile on his face. He is the heart and face of this organization!

Yep!! lets hope he hangs around longer.... maybe a Jerry Rice kinda longevity.

:applaudit: :hatsoff:

tunajeff
10-19-2009, 01:17 AM
Bottom Line is Ward is Fricken stud, not the fastest, biggest , or the best hands in the NFL but i will tell you what he plays a complete game can block like no bodys business, and plays with more heart. Just check out his smile I would take him over any receiver who is playing the game right now!

tony hipchest
10-19-2009, 01:59 AM
why are you guys so obsessed with assigning a number to the receivers ? :noidea:no shit.

hines, miller, and even wallace have all benefited from the double teams the others (especially holmes) have waranted.

I hit Ward for a 76 yard td on a slant in Madden against SD the other day. Even Madden knows he's got a lot left in the tank.

:wtf:

we're talking about real life here. madden is a babbling douche and he jinxed troy.

Galax Steeler
10-19-2009, 05:22 AM
Ward is playing some great ball. He still has the game and making plays like the old Ward. I just hope he can stay healthy and continue to play good.

steelballs
10-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Hines Ward epitomizes what Steeler football is all about. He still plays with a youthful enthusiasm, he plays hardnosed in your face football and he mentors the younger players in his style of play.

Watching Mike Wallace play is like watching a young Hines Ward (although Wallace is much faster than Hines was as a rook). Wallace looks to deliver the blow as opposed to taking one and he doesn't look to go out of bounds (except by mistake) as we all know.
Hines has meant much more to this team than what's on the stat sheet and I just hope he's here for many more years to keep the "Steeler way" growing.

MasterOfPuppets
10-19-2009, 03:43 PM
winning a season receiving title and another probowl trip sure would go a long way for hines when it comes to HOF votes.

Angus Burgher
10-19-2009, 03:52 PM
we're talking about real life here. madden is a babbling douche and he jinxed troy.
:thumbsup:
I hate Madden with a passion. He was a dick when he was with the Raiders, and he became even more annoying once he became a commentator and has his lips permanently sewn to Brett Favre's ass. I refuse to ever play any of his damned video games - no matter how great they are - because he's such a jackass.

Edman
10-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Hines Ward, next to Farrior, is going to be one of the Steelers I'm going to miss most when he eventually hangs it up. Steeler Nation is going to miss him dearly. In an era where pussification and diva attitudes of the gridiron is at an all time high, Ward still brings it.

He's 33, but he still has the spring in his step as if he were 25. I'd really like to know his offseason workout regimen.

Angus Burgher
10-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Yeah, if you listen to the media, you'd think there were no other veteran WRs out there than Randy Moss, T.O. and Ochosphincter. And all I ever hear are how "future hall of famers" Moss and T.O. are playing so well this late in their careers (well, they said that about T.O. until this season anyway).

Yet, here's Ward, at age 33, 2-time Super Bowl champion, Super Bowl MVP, 4-time Pro Bowler, 3-time all pro selection, and STILL playing at the top of his game. Yet in a live chat Goodell basically said that Ward has no chance in hell of making it to the HOF. Bullshit.

7SteelGal43
10-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey, I didn't get to see the game because my cable company played the stupid Ravens game... I understand there was a contraversial overturned TD by Ward. Did he actually drop it, or is it another case of the Steelers getting screwed by officials?

We got screwed.

Angus Burgher
10-19-2009, 04:54 PM
No surprise there, I suppose. Reminds me of last season, when I saw Ben get 4 or 5 TDs called back because of holding calls.

Psyychoward86
10-19-2009, 06:45 PM
lol. And to think, so many boneheaded kids thought he was losing a step, getting more injury prone, and slipping up his #1 receiver job to Santonio

Psyychoward86
10-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Yeah, if you listen to the media, you'd think there were no other veteran WRs out there than Randy Moss, T.O. and Ochosphincter. And all I ever hear are how "future hall of famers" Moss and T.O. are playing so well this late in their careers (well, they said that about T.O. until this season anyway).

Yet, here's Ward, at age 33, 2-time Super Bowl champion, Super Bowl MVP, 4-time Pro Bowler, 3-time all pro selection, and STILL playing at the top of his game. Yet in a live chat Goodell basically said that Ward has no chance in hell of making it to the HOF. Bullshit.

:link:

MasterOfPuppets
10-19-2009, 07:38 PM

well if ward retired after this season, i seriously doubt he would get in. he needs a few more thousand yard seasons, maybe another probowl trip and another superbowl appearance...there's gonna be and already is a bunch of other receivers that is and will be awaiting nominations around the same time ward is eligable. ( bruce, holt, T.O, moss, harrison, brown,etc) .but i really don't understand why goodell would be blowing off about it. it's not his descision.

Angus Burgher
10-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I agree, he's not quite there yet, but the gues obviously has a lot of gas left in the tank.

As for a link, I'd love to provide it, but it was a while ago... I think during the summer, maybe?

sharkweek
10-20-2009, 03:05 AM
the numbering of our WRs really is kind of silly

he isn't our biggest WR threat but is currently our most productive one because we have so many good receiving threats that the defense just lets this old man get super wide open as they're focusing too much on guys like Holmes, and he makes them pay dearly for that mistake. There was one long reception he had against the Browns where there weren't any defenders near him for what seemed like 20 yards all around - in the middle of the field.

LukesDad88
10-20-2009, 07:49 PM
. Remember The Steelers havent had a bye week yet. Some teams already have.

The bye week's a wash as he's also leading YPG.