PDA

View Full Version : Derek Anderson shoved a Steeler

steelerchad
10-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Did anyone see Anderson take a shot at one of the Steelers?
TV cut away pretty quick and the announcers didn't mention it. It happened at the end of the game after he threw a pick. I've seen this guy do a couple of stupid things the last few weeks. I saw him take another shot at a guy after he threw a pick 6. The guy was already like 7 yards through the endzone and he took a swipe at him. Someone needs to lay this idiot out.

With the rules against putting any kind of hit on a QB this kind of crap from a QB of all positions is BS.

CanadianSteel
10-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Ya I saw it as well - think it was woodley amd think he may have said something to Mr Anderson after the pick

jjpro11
10-18-2009, 10:05 PM
i am sure there was some trash talking. whatever. i'd be frustrated too if my receivers couldn't catch anything thrown to them. you won't see Ben doing that kind of thing though.

HometownGal
10-18-2009, 10:19 PM
TV cut away pretty quick and the announcers didn't mention it. It happened at the end of the game after he threw a pick. I've seen this guy do a couple of stupid things the last few weeks. I saw him take another shot at a guy after he threw a pick 6. The guy was already like 7 yards through the endzone and he took a swipe at him. Someone needs to lay this idiot out.

With the rules against putting any kind of hit on a QB this kind of crap from a QB of all positions is BS.

I didn't see it, as XT and I were on our way down the escalator when it apparently happened. I guess when you suck as a QB the way Anderson does, if someone says "boo" to you on the sidelines, it's gonna piss you off. :chuckle:

43Hitman
10-18-2009, 10:21 PM
They should put Wimbley on offense, at least he can catch the flu.:chuckle:

RoethlisBURGHer
10-18-2009, 10:36 PM
They should put Wimbley on offense, at least he can catch the flu.:chuckle:

:toofunny:

DA is a horrible QB. Woodley has every right to talk trash, he's won five straight against the Browns and his team has won 12 straight against them.

Anderson is now 0-5 against the Steelers with a QB Rating below 70.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
10-18-2009, 10:39 PM
If I were Anderson, probably would have done the same thing.

But my god does he suck.

Browns better take a look at the draft for a new QB if they're really sold that Quinn isn't the answer.

steelerchad
10-18-2009, 10:42 PM
I don't get how the Browns aren't playing Quinn. They are terrible, and not going anywhere now. Try to develop the young guy you spent a 1st round pick on so if by some chance you get a team around him in the next 5 years you may actually be able to have a winning season some day.

I guess we shouldn't give them any advice or ideas, it's kind of nice having 2 extra bye weeks every year.

Indo
10-18-2009, 10:44 PM
If I were Anderson, probably would have done the same thing.

But my god does he suck.

Browns better take a look at the draft for a new QB if they're really sold that Quinn isn't the answer.

Take Tebow
I Really want to see somebody jack him up
All the more sweet if it's someone wearing Black and Gold doing it twice a season

Angus Burgher
10-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I don't know that Quinn is really any better but how a guy who completes 2 passes gets to start the following week against a team that has beat him 5 times or so is beyond me.

How the hell did Anderson ever make it to the Pro Bowl? Crennel must have made a pact with Satan that season or something.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-18-2009, 10:51 PM
I don't get how the Browns aren't playing Quinn. They are terrible, and not going anywhere now. Try to develop the young guy you spent a 1st round pick on so if by some chance you get a team around him in the next 5 years you may actually be able to have a winning season some day.

I guess we shouldn't give them any advice or ideas, it's kind of nice having 2 extra bye weeks every year.

This regime DIDN'T spend a first round pick on Quinn, therefore they don't have that investment in him. Yeah, he's a first round pick for the Browns...by the regime that got fired.

Maybe Mangini wanted to show the fans what they had in Quinn so they'd stop clamoring for him, and now Anderson so they don't clamor for him.

Maybe he plans on taking a QB in the first round of the draft in '10. The way the Browns are going, they will have a choice between a few QB's.

jjpro11
10-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Take Tebow
I Really want to see somebody jack him up
All the more sweet if it's someone wearing Black and Gold doing it twice a season

he seems like a decent guy, despite the incredibly annoying media love for him. i wouldn't want to see his career ruined by going to Cleveland. i hope they draft another real dickhead like Winslow or Edwards and either ruin his career, or set him back 5 years.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
10-18-2009, 10:56 PM
This regime DIDN'T spend a first round pick on Quinn, therefore they don't have that investment in him. Yeah, he's a first round pick for the Browns...by the regime that got fired.

Maybe Mangini wanted to show the fans what they had in Quinn so they'd stop clamoring for him, and now Anderson so they don't clamor for him.

Maybe he plans on taking a QB in the first round of the draft in '10. The way the Browns are going, they will have a choice between a few QB's.

The sad part is, there's at least 6-7 teams just as bad if not worse than the Brownies, so their choice pick maybe limited. I'm hoping though at the very least Suh, Berry or McCoy is there (for the Browns to ruin. :chuckle:), but if there's that many bad teams good chance that won't happen.

Angus Burgher
10-18-2009, 11:04 PM
I was listing to the radio today and they were listing all of the great players that the Browns passed up for bad-to-mediocre players... among the guys they passed up... Donovan McNabb, LaDanian Tomlinson and Santonio Holmes... there were more but I don't remember them. I think they might just be doomed when it comes to the draft.

jjpro11
10-18-2009, 11:48 PM
I was listing to the radio today and they were listing all of the great players that the Browns passed up for bad-to-mediocre players... among the guys they passed up... Donovan McNabb, LaDanian Tomlinson and Santonio Holmes... there were more but I don't remember them. I think they might just be doomed when it comes to the draft.

the worst one of all grew up only a couple hours from Cleveland and has defeated the Browns every single time since coming into the league.

that was even worse than us passing up Marino.

wootawnee
10-19-2009, 12:50 AM
They are ruining that poor kid(Quinn)......You don't throw a clipboard in someones hand for two years writing down all the plays in the back of the bench like the browns did..........What a pity cause when he first started in 07 preseason, he was unmolested with all this junk and looked great cause he was just playing............The Browns need a new system in the whole house.......

steelerohio
10-19-2009, 01:02 AM
How the hell did Anderson ever make it to the Pro Bowl? Crennel must have made a pact with Satan that season or something.

That was the year the Patriot went undefeated until the SB and Tom Brady was the original Pro Bowler but he claimed to have gotten hurt in the SB and the next one on the list was Anderson. That's how he made it in... Tom Brady.

SteelCityMom
10-19-2009, 01:03 AM

I believe they said during the game too that they passed up on Ben in the draft...can't quite remember who they took instead, Winslow I think.

Galax Steeler
10-19-2009, 05:10 AM
I think they need more then a quarterback there recievers can't catch nothing thrown near them. That whole team needs to be overhauled.

solardave
10-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Ya I saw it as well - think it was woodley amd think he may have said something to Mr Anderson after the pick

He probably said "nice throw" you know he was complimenting him. He just can't take a compliment.:chuckle:

Jmat
10-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Anderson would be a decent QB if he had receivers that could catch. I don't put it all on him.

Kvnfaber
10-19-2009, 09:59 AM

Yes I saw it and I laughed a bit. I wouldn't call that taking a shot at a guy. I call that a frustrated QB that has had a long day, and a LB that trash talked a little bit and liked the fact that the QB got chippy.

It's football, and it's fun.

Silverback92
10-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Yeah, it was pretty hilarious. Right after he shoves him he just turns and walks away. You could read the defeat in his body language.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-19-2009, 11:09 AM
The sad part is, there's at least 6-7 teams just as bad if not worse than the Brownies, so their choice pick maybe limited. I'm hoping though at the very least Suh, Berry or McCoy is there (for the Browns to ruin. :chuckle:), but if there's that many bad teams good chance that won't happen.

The Browns should take PBA when it comes to their picks. They have so many holes, it doesn't matter which one gets filled first.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Anderson would be a decent QB if he had receivers that could catch. I don't put it all on him.

No, he wouldn't be. Anderson can't read a defense to save his life, he throws in TRIPLE COVERAGE more often than Favre.

The year he made the Pro Bowl with his 29 TD passes, nobody mentions the 19 INTERCEPTIONS that he threw...included the four against Cincinnati that cost the Browns the division.

Anderson is garbage. Quinn is better, but after watching some tape of Quinn in preseason and regular season this year...he didn't look like someone who can be a franchise QB.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
10-19-2009, 11:46 AM
The Browns should take PBA when it comes to their picks. They have so many holes, it doesn't matter which one gets filled first.

General consensus amongst fans is such.

I would also venture to say if the Browns are picking 7 or so and there's no one available that can be an ultimate impact player like the aforementioned McCoy, Suh or Berry, that they should trade down and collect a few more draft picks to get a couple more solid players.

Edman
10-19-2009, 12:12 PM
The Browns are miserable right now because they have supremely flubbed up their drafts since 1999. None of the players drafted from 1999-2005 are no longer on the team. Braylon Edwards is the latest bust. Only Joe Thomas seems to be the only 1st rounder that is working out for them.

And to think, just two years ago the Browns were on cloud nine at 10-6 and we all thought they were ready to compete. Guess not.

WH
10-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Some of you are saying it's Woodley....I didn't know Woodley was white. It was Brett Kiesel.

Jmat
10-19-2009, 12:55 PM
No, he wouldn't be. Anderson can't read a defense to save his life, he throws in TRIPLE COVERAGE more often than Favre.

The year he made the Pro Bowl with his 29 TD passes, nobody mentions the 19 INTERCEPTIONS that he threw...included the four against Cincinnati that cost the Browns the division.

Anderson is garbage. Quinn is better, but after watching some tape of Quinn in preseason and regular season this year...he didn't look like someone who can be a franchise QB.
I respectfully disagree.
Anderson was good enough to be a pro bowl QB a couple years ago.

No matter what you say if your receivers drop passes right in their hands it's going to make any QB look bad.

I do agree with you about the number of interceptions DA throws but Brett Favre has made himself legendary doing that.

pepsyman1
10-19-2009, 02:42 PM
I surely wouldn't call Anderson a great quarterback, but CBS showed some of the scenes from the Buffalo game the week before....it was sad how many well thrown, catchable balls were simply dropped. The Clowns is an appropriate name for that team...they literally dropped almost a dozen passes last week and another 8 or so against us. If I was stuck rooting for that team I probably would have thrown myself off a building last week....lol

fansince'76
10-19-2009, 03:08 PM
How the hell did Anderson ever make it to the Pro Bowl?

Flavor of the week.

revefsreleets
10-19-2009, 03:09 PM
I respectfully disagree.
Anderson was good enough to be a pro bowl QB a couple years ago.

No matter what you say if your receivers drop passes right in their hands it's going to make any QB look bad.

I do agree with you about the number of interceptions DA throws but Brett Favre has made himself legendary doing that.

Anderson didn't even have a good year, he had about 3 good MONTHS...his QBR was dropping like a rock through December of '07 as teams figured him out through film study.

DA is nothing more than a career back-up and I have been saying so SINCE December of 2007...he HAD to have made a deal with the devil, since not only has he sucked since, he STILL has people hoodwinked into thinking he should start Sundays...

As for him shoving Woodley, if it actually connected, it would be one of the more accurate things he did Sunday...DA sucked, sucks, and will continue to suck no matter where he plays ball...and he IS a nice guy generally, but that doesn't mitigate his QB suckiness...