PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Match-Ups You Hope You Never See

Angus Burgher
10-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Okay, I'd love to see the Steelers in the Super Bowl every year, but obviously, that can't happen all the time (though I like our chances for a repeat right now! :tt04:).

Regardless, I always watch the big game no matter who is in it... I can usually find someone to root for. However, there are a few match-ups that would be so awful that I don't think I'd bother. How about the rest of you? Here are mine:

Ravens/Eagles - Having lived for a long time in Central PA, I've dealt with the Steelers/Eagles rivalry since I was a kid. But then,suddenly in the mid-90's, a new group of douchebags stormed on the scene and suddenly it was a three-way fight. Yet Eagles and Ravens fans don't typically hate each other since they're not in the same division... but of course, fans of both teams hate the Steelers. Thus if these two asshat teams met in the Super Bowl, I guess I'd just have to hope for a scoreless tie.

Texans/Cowboys - I hate any team that comes out of Texas. Though I guess if I had to pick one, I'd go with Houston since their owner didn't build a damn palace for them in the middle of a recession.

Jaguars/Panthers - Chalk this up to just not giving a damn either way. The worst football games are boring ones, after all.

jjpro11
10-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Browns vs anyone

devilsdancefloor
10-18-2009, 10:52 PM
anyone in our division or AFC west & any team from the NFC west

KeiselPower99
10-18-2009, 11:06 PM
The Minnesota Fightin Favres and the New England Cheating Metrosexuals

MasterOfPuppets
10-18-2009, 11:21 PM
cowboys / patriots
cowboys / ravens
redskins / ravens
redskins / patriots

The Patriot
10-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Manning v Manning

Steel-Bryan
10-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Jets vs Giants

Ravnet
10-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Jaguars/Rams

steelreserve
10-19-2009, 01:00 AM
Cowboys/Patriots
Eagles/Patriots
Giants/Patriots
Redskins/Patriots
Falcons/Patriots
Bucs/Patriots
Panthers/Patriots
Saints/Patriots
49ers/Patriots
Cardinals/Patriots
Rams/Patriots
Seahawks/Patriots
Vikings/Patriots
Packers/Patriots
Bears/Patriots
Lions/Patriots

Kittyfish
10-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Cowboys/Patriots
Giants/Patriots

4xSBChamps
10-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Cowboys/Patriots

hate both teams & fans, so if they'd both get to the SB, I probably wouldn't watch:
would feel the same with Boston & Philthadelphia squaring-up, too

stillers4me
10-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Manning v Manning (I'd need hip boots)

Farve vs anybody but us but especially Peyton Manning or Tom Brady* ( they don't make hip boots high enough)

Bengals vs anybody ( I'd have to move to another state)

Angus Burgher
10-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I'm so sick of the Bengals. I think that they're "reign" over the AFC North has come to an end for good now though, thankfully. Hopefully they'll just keep on sinking.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Vikings/Patriots (Madden would come out of retirement for this one)

Cowboys/Patriots (Ugh! I wouldn't even watch. I would take something to knock me out all day so I don't accidentally go find the pregame channel surfing)

Ravens/Anyone (Don't ever wanna see the Ravens in another Super Bowl)

Browns/Anyone (Don't think I have to worry about this)

Bengals/Anyone (Don't think I have to worry about this one either)

Colts/Giants (Yeah, two weeks of Manning ball licking...the BOTH of them!)

revefsreleets
10-19-2009, 10:32 AM
London Goodell's vs. The New England Goodell's

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
10-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Not really anyone I can think of Super Bowl wise.

For the AFC CG

Steelers/Rats was a nightmare for me. I could only root for injuries for that. Sorry, didn't want to see either of those teams make it. Nothing personal against y'all, just how I was raised.

also, if the Browns were to hypothetically make it to the AFC CG and lose, I'd probably root against the team that beat us, because I'd be that bitter.

Really no team I can think of that I would be to bummed with other than the aforementioned Rats and the Steelers making it again. I normally just pull for a team that hasn't won it before or is close to me.

Dino 6 Rings
10-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Anyone in the AFC not named the Steelers vs anyone in the NFC.

This year, the Viking vs Steelers would be rough, we'd be the Bad Guys again in this one, with all the "Love" for Favre and his last hurrah and chance to win the big one. We'd be the big Meanies trying to keep him from winning on his way out.

Also, my Mom is a Vikings fan (from the late 60s and 70s), but also loves the Steelers (because of me) so that would be really rough on her.

Angus Burgher
10-19-2009, 11:25 AM
I was actually hoping for a Steelers/Vikes SB last year, just because it would have been cool to see the same match-up that Pittsburgh had the first time it won the big one. Plus, Tavaris Jackson was QB, and he's no Brett Favre.

Man, I hope we win this game next week. If we don't, I won't be too upset because at least it's a good team. But I really, really hope we make a statement with this game.

4xSBChamps
10-19-2009, 11:31 AM
I hope we win this game next week.

is the Viqueens/Stiller game gonna be the feature match-up, shown in most markets on FOX at 1:00 PM on Sunday?

7SteelGal43
10-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Manning v Manning

aww, man ~ I'd love to see a Eli -v- Peyton Superbowl Matchup.

jev7452
10-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Rat Birds vs Anyone
Patsies vs Anyone
Bungals vs Anyone

TheWarDen86
10-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Patriots Vs. Cowboys
Ravens Vs. Cowboys
Bengals Vs. Cowboys
Browns Vs. Cowboys

Angus Burgher
10-19-2009, 07:38 PM
is the Viqueens/Stiller game gonna be the feature match-up, shown in most markets on FOX at 1:00 PM on Sunday?

I guess it depends on where you're at. Yesterday, I was stuck in York, PA, so the dickheads at Comcast decided that the damned Ravens game was what we all wanted to watch.

4xSBChamps
10-19-2009, 07:50 PM
I guess it depends on where you're at. Yesterday, I was stuck in York, PA, so the dickheads at Comcast decided that the damned Ravens game was what we all wanted to watch.

I'm in central Florida, and FOX was hyping the Minn/Pitt game as part of their double-header next week (although we rarely get a TV double-header here?):
I believe the 'other' 1:00 PM games that FOX is televising might-be Frisco @ Hou, or the Pack at Mistake-by-the-Lake, so I am hoping 'em Stillers' game takes priority.

Comcast owns the Philthadelphia Phlyers, don't they..... would you expect anymore from them?

steelwalls
10-19-2009, 08:08 PM
cowboys/pats without a doubt, that would be terrible. I'd rather watch paint dry......

Nadroj 20
10-19-2009, 08:51 PM
I would hate to see any of our division rivals in the SB, the patriot, and the cowboys...

That seems like the most common answer lol but its true

RoethlisBURGHer
10-19-2009, 09:06 PM
I would hate to see any of our division rivals in the SB, the patriot, and the cowboys...

That seems like the most common answer lol but its true

Well...those are the teams that we hate!

Nadroj 20
10-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Well...those are the teams that we hate!

Couldnt agree more! :tt04::tt04:

steelergirl07
10-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Basically I don't want to see Rivers/Cutler/Brady in a Super Bowl.

Oh and the Pats as a whole vs. Browns/Bengals/Ravens.

SteelersMongol
10-20-2009, 08:59 PM
NE Cheating A-holes vs. Tennessee Tits

XxKnightxX
10-20-2009, 09:52 PM
Lions vs Jaguars........... YAWN

sixstringlass
10-22-2009, 04:05 AM
NE Cheating A-holes vs. Tennessee Tits

I don't think you have to worry about that Superbowl match-up...

Edman
10-22-2009, 06:06 AM
New England vs. Dallas- The biggest nightmare scenario for any Steeler fan.

Indy vs. N.Y Giants- 2 whole weeks of Manning Ballwashing.