PDA

View Full Version : The Season's a marathon, not a sprint

steelerchad
10-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Just 3 weeks ago there was alot of gloom and doom in Pittsburgh. The Steelers were 1-2 and fresh off a second straight blown game they should have won.

In addition, most media were annointing the Ravens the best team in the NFL and most likely to win the Super Bowl this year. The Jets were on their way to taking the AFC East crown with their new QB sensation, Mark Sanchez.

Woops.

stillers4me
10-19-2009, 09:54 AM
I never thought we were out of the race.

When our Bengals friends here in Cinci were thumping their chests, I just smiled and said, "enjoy it while you can. There's alot of football left to be played."

I can't wait to go to work this week. :chuckle:

slippy
10-19-2009, 10:33 AM
the bengals always find the banana peel.

PalmerSteel
10-19-2009, 10:36 AM
bill bellicheat, is that you in disguise that started this thread?
sorry, with the title, i couldnt resist one of his annoying quotes he always uses.

Edman
10-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Rex Ryan all of the sudden doesn't look like such a defensive genius anymore. He's shot his load and burnt out the Jets during that 3-0 start. The Ravens have done a complete 180 and no longer look dominant. They have an offense, but they lost their defense.

The Bengals seem to have fallen back to Earth too after being slurped all week. Pulling wins out of your asses can only go so far in this league.

And surprise, surprise. The Steelers (You know, the defending champs) are back in the mix after reeling off three straight. Ben has another exceptional game. Does BSPN care? No. It's all about the Mannings, Favres, and Bradys. But hey, at least we have Tom Gaydy's 5 touchdown quarter to shove down your throat all week!