PDA

View Full Version : Who is next in line...

SteelerFanInATL
01-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Who is next in line for a big game tomorrow? I think this week Willie P. needs a big game
(over 100 yards) and also C. Wilson needs to get into the act. Just my $.02 worth what do you think?

BlackNGold203
01-21-2006, 12:33 PM
Yeah...Champ Bailey will be smothering Hines....Wilson....Randle El...and Heath will have to come up large....If we can loosen up their safeties...Willie should be able to slash em up

SteelCityMan786
01-21-2006, 12:59 PM
I just want everyone to have a good game THERE IS NO I IN TEAM!

OrangeMane06
01-21-2006, 01:12 PM
GO DENVER GO!!!!!!

Avoid Lloyd
01-21-2006, 01:26 PM
GO DENVER GO!!!!!!

NO ORANGE NO!!!!!

tony hipchest
01-21-2006, 01:58 PM
i think r. blier said it best. if every one does their job and trusts eachother nobody needs to step it up or save the day:

By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Rocky Bleier knows something about AFC Championship games. The former Steelers running back was a member of the team that won four championship games en route to the team’s four Super Bowl wins.

Bleier understands what it takes to win the big games. He knows it all plays out on the field, but he also knows there is more to it.

“The most important thing is the momentum the team has, the confidence and the belief that it creates within themselves,” said Bleier. “That’s what you need – confidence in your ability that nobody can beat you. You have to have confidence in your teammates and trust in offense, defense and special teams. Everybody knowing each person on the team is doing their job. When you have that feeling and you go out and play your game, you don’t have to take risks, and you don’t have to make big plays. Your disciplines are more in tact and you stay home and do what is necessary, what you have been taught because you trust your other teammates to do their job. That scenario is where I see the team this season and going into this game.”

The Steelers won their first AFC Championship game in 1974, on the road in Oakland. Bleier rushed for 98 yards, while Franco Harris rushed for 111 yards and two touchdowns. Bleier knows the challenges can increase when on the road, but he feels being on the road has helped this year’s team.

“It’s a road game, but that doesn’t stop them,” he said. “Their experience on the road is that they win and play better on the road. That’s a whole confidence builder in itself, knowing they can go out there and if they play their game and are up in this game and they have a belief in each other and nothing happens they will come out victorious. I think that’s the same way I think our teams felt in the early part and especially in the later part – in 1978 and 1979. I firmly believed we were the best team ever and nobody could beat us and only we could beat ourselves. I think this team has that same kind of confidence.”

The Steelers are underdogs again this week, just like they have been throughout the entire playoffs. A lot of people didn’t expect the Steelers to still be playing, and Bleier thinks that might be a good thing as far as taking some of the pressure off of the players.

“The only expectations are what you place on yourself,” said Bleier. “The outside expectations, nobody thought the team would get this far or play like they did at the end of the season. All of a sudden it happens. They are playing more relaxed and with more discipline. They aren’t as uptight in the game plan and part of that is being the sixth seed.

“Coming into the championship game the sixth seed is out the door. It’s do or die. This is it. Whether you or the first seed or a sixth seed the question is can they do it again this week. Maybe fortunately for us fans it’s not here and it’s on the road. Sometimes the expectations from the fans and the excitement can become overwhelming to the team. You want to win it for the fans here. You get out there, you have their fans, and the best way to silence their fans is to score. As soon as it happens the noise is gone.”

Ambridge
01-21-2006, 02:56 PM
I'd love to see Hines have a big day!!

Maybe he can take out "Chump" Bailey or "Cheapshot" Lynch??

clevestinks
01-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Ike is due!
Willie is due
Big Game, Coach Cowher will out coach shanahan

Ambridge
01-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Ike is due!
Willie is due
Big Game, Coach Cowher will out coach shanahan

I'd love to see Bill Cowher come out and call the game of his life.

Suitanim
01-21-2006, 03:26 PM
GO DENVER GO!!!!!!

Textbook trolling

SteelCityMan786
01-21-2006, 03:34 PM
GO DENVER GO!!!!!!
:sign07: :sign07: :sign07: :sign07: We have no room here for you. Your Doncs Die Tomorrow

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

Prosdo
01-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Offense: Miller
Defense: Farrior or Polamalu

SteelerFanInATL
01-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Cedric come through just like I stated. Detroit here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clevestinks
01-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Ben will have a huge game weekly, he is sooooooooo much smarter this season